May 07, 2024, 02:07:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who molested Casey Anthony?
George Anthony - 2 (2.4%)
Lee Anthony - 2 (2.4%)
Nobody - she made it up just like she made up Zanny - 81 (95.3%)
Total Voters: 84

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 12- 6/7/2011  (Read 360063 times)
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #400 on: June 07, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »

Re: chloroform testimony:

When Vass got off the stand yesterday, it was likely that everyone hearing the testimony had a pretty clear opinion as to the significance of the chloroform in the trunk. The FBI witness has allowed for the possibility of that opinion to be muddied. I think that's much more likely for a juror that is predisposed to find Casey innocent, but I wish this witness from the FBI hadn't been part of this case or at least testified BEFORE Vass.

JMO.
I totally agree.  I wonder if the jury will discount his testimony all together - or if they're even allowed to do that? 
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #401 on: June 07, 2011, 11:38:46 AM »

This witness for the prosecution will confuse the jury, imo.

I agree. He was very hesitant and it was confusing as heck.

From what I can tell, he wasn't helpful and I hate any juror was taking notes.

he was confusing but IMO the most important evidence he gave was the sight amount of chloroform detected.....as it dissipates quickly to detest ANY at all indicated there had to be a huge amount to begin with.
But didn't he say it wasn't appropriate to test the way he did? 

I didn't get that...but I did walk away several times while he was testifying....
I could be wrong and maybe misunderstood.  I'm very confused by his testimony.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: June 07, 2011, 11:39:04 AM »

I wish the dog handlers were allowed to bring their dogs into court with them.
Didn't they say yesterday that the handlers were waiting to be called  and that they had their dogs with them?

Not sure about dogs, but dog handlers, yes:

Casey Anthony News13

Dog handlers in the Casey Anthony case are in hallway this afternoon.

22 hours ago

https://twitter.com/#!/CFNews13Casey

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: June 07, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »

He confused Tamkosmom?  Then again ... I have been told by those who claim to love me that I am the definition of confusion.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #404 on: June 07, 2011, 11:39:25 AM »

Bobo wants a special arguement? Can someone please translate this. TYIA

He wants to question the dog with the K9 unit?    Not sure

Wuff for no and Two Wuffs for yes 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: June 07, 2011, 11:39:45 AM »

he was confusing but IMO the most important evidence he gave was the sight amount of chloroform detected.....as it dissipates quickly to detest ANY at all indicated there had to be a huge amount to begin with.
No I understood it as, he didn't like to put the testing he did into percentages.  He said the results were inappropriate for percentages. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:13 AM »

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
The FBI expert told the jury he was surprised to find any chloroform on trunk samples because much would have evaporated

http://twitter.com/#!/KBelichWFTV
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »

I still have a hard time taking that blonde lawyer seriously with the zombie make up.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #408 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »

What I think I heard him say was it was inappropriate to give a percentage, but Jeff pressured him to give a percentage.  The test he did was qualitative, not quantitative.  Why they didn't run quantitative tests, though, is beyond me.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »

What if they bring a dog in, line up all those cans they have, and see if the dog hits?

That would be awesome!  Cuz a well-trained cadaver dog can alert to the odor even thru cement. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
karenmamo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #410 on: June 07, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »

aawwww  Bones did not want to be a biting dog.  I like that.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #411 on: June 07, 2011, 11:43:51 AM »

When Vass got off the stand yesterday, it was likely that everyone hearing the testimony had a pretty clear opinion as to the significance of the chloroform in the trunk. The FBI witness has allowed for the possibility of that opinion to be muddied. I think that's much more likely for a juror that is predisposed to find Casey innocent, but I wish this witness from the FBI hadn't been part of this case or at least testified BEFORE Vass.

JMO.
I totally agree.  I wonder if the jury will discount his testimony all together - or if they're even allowed to do that? 

Ok, still trying to catch up and get an answer...so, this last FBI guy admitted that he hadn't tested air for chloroform before, is that correct? And what was the mistake I heard the prosecution had made wrt giving someone the wrong can????

Thanks

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »

I'm not liking how these dogs are treated as just commodities, handed off from one owner to another as needed. Very depressing.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »

What if they bring a dog in, line up all those cans they have, and see if the dog hits?

Now that makes sense!

However ... I would suggest that the dogs, handlers, prosecutor and defence are transported to nowhere, Florida to conduct the exercise.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #414 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »

JMO.

They're allowed to assign any weight they want to any witness's testimony, either positive or negative. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »

I didn't get that...but I did walk away several times while he was testifying....
I could be wrong and maybe misunderstood.  I'm very confused by his testimony.

I don't think he hurt the State's chloroform evidence, but I don't think he helped..he was very confusing

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #416 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:13 AM »

Awwww he knew the dog's birthday! That just melted my heart!   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »

I still have a hard time taking that blonde lawyer seriously with the zombie make up.

I noticed she brought Doogie Howser with her today.  They have been yaking it up.
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #418 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:34 AM »

What I think I heard him say was it was inappropriate to give a percentage, but Jeff pressured him to give a percentage.  The test he did was qualitative, not quantitative.  Why they didn't run quantitative tests, though, is beyond me.
I didn't like it that he wasn't comfortable putting a % and Jeff "pressured" him to do so.  I didn't like it he said that to the jury.  <(
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:37 AM »

JMO.

Ok, still trying to catch up and get an answer...so, this last FBI guy admitted that he hadn't tested air for chloroform before, is that correct? And what was the mistake I heard the prosecution had made wrt giving someone the wrong can????

Thanks

The can issue was a simple misidentification by Dr Vass yesterday between two cans & it was corrected on the record.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.