May 21, 2024, 12:21:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 515201 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1640 on: March 12, 2010, 01:04:09 AM »

FBI Seizes White Pickup (Video)

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category.asp?c=155799&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=149659&topVideoCatNoB=155712&topVideoCatNoC=155713&topVideoCatNoD=155710&topVideoCatNoE=155711&clipId=4615069&topVideoCatNo=undefined&autoStart=true
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1641 on: March 12, 2010, 01:10:37 AM »

Gardner violated parole in 2007 (video)
Parole officers could have sent him back to prison

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-gardner-parole-violation,0,4870637.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1642 on: March 12, 2010, 01:12:47 AM »

Chelsea's loved ones hand out passes for memorial (video)

POWAY, Calif. (CBS Cool - The Poway community is preparing to celebrate the life of Chelsea King, the 17-year-old high school senior who went for a jog in Rancho Bernardo and never came home.

San Diego's outpouring of support for the King family has been so great that space at Chelsea's memorial this Saturday is limited.

In this News 8 video story, Doug Kolk has more on who will attend.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12124916

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1643 on: March 12, 2010, 01:14:30 AM »

Thanks Northern!

I'm glad to see they are impounding all these vehicles.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1644 on: March 12, 2010, 01:16:37 AM »

Thanks Northern!

Wonder if they found the black Hyundai yet?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1645 on: March 12, 2010, 01:42:19 AM »

Thanks Northern!

Wonder if they found the black Hyundai yet?

I'm sure we'll find out when they do!  I'm just glad that so far they have 3 of them at least.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1646 on: March 12, 2010, 01:43:16 AM »

Also, IMO they need to be testing everything in his mothers townhome
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1647 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:21 AM »

Hi Klaas!
I totally agree. I also had a thought. What do you think about a thread for attempted abductions? Maybe by state? Eventually we would probably see some of the sketches matching up.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1648 on: March 12, 2010, 02:51:44 AM »

Yep, and every box of his stuff he's probably got strewn all over the county (s). He seems like he may be pretty scattered so I'd imagine every time he gets the boot or decides to leave, he throws a bunch of things in boxes and starts new. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1649 on: March 12, 2010, 09:26:59 AM »

Gardner violated parole seven times after attacking 13-year-old girl

Friday, March 12th, 2010.
Issue 10, Volume 14.

SAN DIEGO - Registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III, who is accused of raping and murdering Poway teen Chelsea King, racked up seven violations during the three years that he served on parole for attacking a 13-year-old girl in 2000, it was reported today.

The assistant secretary of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said Thursday that Gardner's trouble with parole agents never warranted his being sent back to prison, but that official's boss later issued
a statement saying the case was being reviewed, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

Gardner's most serious violation while on parole was in September 2007, when he lived in an apartment adjacent to Miramar College and its day-care center, according to the newspaper. The residence was also within 500 yards of Scripps Ranch High School and Hourglass Field Community Park.

Gardner had a low battery in his GPS tracking device on four occasions, he missed a parole meeting one time and he once faced an allegation of possession of marijuana, the Union-Tribune reported.

snipped....more of the same
http://www.myvalleynews.com/story/46175/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1650 on: March 12, 2010, 11:00:51 AM »

So, let me get this straight.....CO teaches self defense classes... it IS in bad taste to say the least for her to return to that . Who does she believe women are trying to defend themselves against?   The monster that her son is, is a perfect example.  That takes the cake for unmitigated gall. It's insulting and proves that somewhere in this family's mindset, there is no personal responsibility.  There's a lot broken in that family, IMO
Wow, so her coworkers are speaking out, that is a good thing.  If you think about it, it is a sort of oxymoron her working in a behavioral unit and teaching self defense classes and provided shelter for a registered sex offender. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1651 on: March 12, 2010, 11:01:45 AM »

Absolutely!

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1652 on: March 12, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »

High tries to heal after tragedy

The signs are everywhere at Poway High School.

Dozens of bouquets and notes still hang from a campus fence where red paper cups spell the initials CK. “Remember Chelsea” fliers with photos of the pretty senior remain taped to classroom walls. Windows still bear students’ messages to Chelsea King.

There are other signs: An electronic billboard lists an upcoming eighth-grade parents night, a boys volleyball tournament and an academic team competition.

They all illustrate the difficult course students and faculty are navigating this week between grieving and moving forward.

Many students say tomorrow’s memorial for Chelsea in the school’s stadium will help them begin to heal from a trauma that has put them in an unwanted national spotlight. News of her violent death and the arrest of a sex offender has rippled across the country.

“I want to honor my friend as much as I can,” said Evan Shirley, 17, who knew Chelsea as part of the campus peer-counseling program. “Doing that in something official like this memorial is really important.

“But by this time next week, I hope things will get a little bit back to normal on campus because that’s what Chelsea would want. Midterms are almost here and AP exams are coming up.”

Principal Scott Fisher said the campus has been shaken to its core.

“In my 21 years (as a principal), there have been deaths,” Fisher said. “But there’s never been one that’s had this impact on a campus.”

Poway High School students have lost three classmates this year, an unprecedented number.

Sophomore Clayton Blackburn died from a drug overdose two days before the school year started.

Senior Veronica Aguirre was killed Dec. 11 when the car she was driving rolled on a winding road as she headed home from a party.

Chelsea King vanished Feb. 25 while running at Rancho Bernardo Community Park. Her body was found March 2 in a shallow grave at the edge of nearby Lake Hodges. John Albert Gardner III, arrested Feb. 28, has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and rape.

Chelsea’s disappearance launched a massive search aided by thousands of volunteers, including many Poway High School students.

Fisher said the five days of excruciating uncertainty devastated the campus, as youthful confidence that Chelsea was alive somewhere met the hideous reality of her death.

Although Chelsea was well-known as a standout student — cross-country team member, French horn musician in the school symphony and a peer counselor — students who didn’t know her were also profoundly affected.

Her death forced the 2,600 teenagers on campus to face difficult questions: How can the unthinkable happen? Is no one safe?

The answers are no easier for adults.

“The words that most often come up are ‘violated’ and ‘exposed,’ ” said Dan Schaitel, a history teacher and Chelsea’s cross-country team coach. “I know they are questioning why — and why to someone who did everything right.”

Schaitel said he met with Chelsea’s running team last week to share memories.

“It was the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through in 40 years of teaching,” he said, his voice breaking. “The emotions were all on the surface and there were constant tears. Everyone feels violated.

“It’s hard to be the strong one when you’re hurting so much.”

School counselor Rachel De Young said Chelsea’s death has triggered painful emotions among some students who had previously lost a loved one or suffered some kind of abuse.

In the first week that she was missing, students wore a color each day that had some significance for Chelsea. Blue for her eyes, orange for her favorite color.

De Young said a day of purple was unexpectedly difficult for students who had known Danielle van Dam, a 7-year-old who was abducted from her Sabre Springs home by a neighbor in 2002 and murdered. Purple had been Danielle’s favorite color and mourners filled her neighborhood with purple ribbons.

When Chelsea went missing, school counselors identified such vulnerable students and met individually with each one.

“I’m still following up with some of those kids this week,” De Young said Wednesday.

Last week, spirits initially were buoyed by an arrest, only to be crushed by the discovery of Chelsea’s body. Distraught students attended a candlelight vigil March 2 that drew several thousand mourners.

Hundreds of students sought refuge the next day in the school’s counseling center, where a room was set aside for them to talk, watch movies or just sit. The Poway Unified School District sent three counselors from other campuses.

“The kids need to feel secure and cared for when they come to school,” Fisher said.

“They have to know that the adults on campus are available to them.”

The horror and, ultimately, exhaustion of last week has mostly moved to resignation and sadness this week, teachers said.

Activities have resumed, although students and teachers still have trouble focusing on academics. For the first time in the school’s history, the end of the grading period was postponed a week from last Friday to today.

Preparations for the memorial help.

The peer counselors met early yesterday to coordinate as ushers. The Poway High School Wind Symphony has been rehearsing several musical pieces to perform.

The cross-country team decided to attend the memorial together, leaving a seat empty for Chelsea.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/12/poway-high-tries-heal-after-tragedy/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1653 on: March 12, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »

Absolutely!

And Grandma's.  Nothing yet other than the mystery relative as to why he was asked to leave there 2 weeks before.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1654 on: March 12, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »

Transcript details encounters with Gardner
In 2000 testimony, teens say episodes began innocently, then turned violent

Two days after turning 21, John Albert Gardner III donned a blue shirt and tie and sat in a San Diego courtroom for an hour and a half as two teenage girls testified that he’d molested them.

Both girls said the encounters began innocently enough, according to the transcript of an April 11, 2000, preliminary hearing that The San Diego Union-Tribune obtained Thursday.

The 74-page transcript provides, in a 13-year-old victim’s own words, the most details yet of the March 16, 2000, assault that sent Gardner to prison.

It also offers the only description available of an episode involving Gardner and a 14-year-old girl several months earlier.

Gardner, 30, is accused of raping and killing Poway teenager Chelsea King, who disappeared Feb. 25. He is also under investigation in the death of Escondido teenager Amber Dubois, who went missing last year and whose remains were found Saturday.

Gardner was 20 in late 1999 when he complimented a 14-year-old girl as they sat alone by a waterfall in Rancho Bernardo, and he asked if he could kiss her.

He leaned in even though she said, “I’m not sure.”

The following March, a month before his 21st birthday, he asked a 13-year-old if she needed a massage as they watched a movie alone at his mother’s townhouse in Rancho Bernardo.

He gave her one even though she told him she was “okay.”

She said that despite repeated objections, he carried her to an upstairs bedroom, telling her to close her eyes, as if it were “a surprise or something.” She would end up being groped and beaten.

In all, three teenage girls testified against Gardner during the hearing. The third was a friend of the girl Gardner assaulted.

William Halsey, Gardner’s lawyer at the time, said last week he had difficulty persuading Gardner to accept six years instead of the more than 30 years in prison he faced on the original charges.

Halsey said the preliminary hearing let Gardner see that the 13-year-old would testify against him in court — a key factor in Gardner’s possible prison sentence.

The willingness or reluctance to testify in court can greatly affect the outcome of any case, San Diego criminal defense attorney Christopher Plourd said.

“Given the nature of the general circumstances, that was a lenient result,” Plourd said of Gardner’s sentence. “His lawyer did a good job in that case because people can get many years.”

At the preliminary hearing in 2000, Superior Court Judge Jay Stone found enough evidence to order a trial on the five counts Gardner faced.

Gardner pleaded not guilty to three felony counts of committing a lewd act on a child under the age of 14 and one felony count of false imprisonment in the March 16, 2000, incident, and one misdemeanor count of child molestation in the incident that occurred in late 1999.

In a deal with prosecutors, Gardner pleaded guilty to two charges of committing a lewd act on a child under the age of 14, both of which were less severe than the ones he first faced, and the charge of false imprisonment.

The charge related to the 1999 incident was dropped; later, the prosecution’s sentencing report termed the activity consensual.

In that encounter, the girl pushed Gardner’s hand away when he slid it under her bra and again when he put it down her pants, she told the court in 2000.

“I pushed his hand away and told him I think it is time we left,” she said.

The next episode was much more violent.

That day, Gardner drove two girls to school in the morning and suggested that they both return with him to his mother’s townhouse. He offered to “pretend to be your dad so you don’t have to go,” according to testimony.

In the end, one went with him.

He brought the girl home, began massaging her and then his advances became more physical.

She said in court he hit her behind the left ear and also gave her a black eye. She eventually fled to a neighbor’s open garage.

“What were you afraid of?” prosecutor David Hendren asked.

“I was afraid of what he was going to do with me,” she said.

“What did you think based on your being there that he was going to do?” Hendren asked.

“Probably rape me.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/11/gardners-2000-victim-feared-rape-transcripts-show/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1655 on: March 12, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »

Gardner violated parole seven times after attacking 13-year-old girl

SAN DIEGO - Registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III, who is accused of raping and murdering Poway teen Chelsea King, racked up seven violations during the three years that he served on parole for attacking a 13-year-old girl in 2000, it was reported today.

The assistant secretary of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said Thursday that Gardner's trouble with parole agents never warranted his being sent back to prison, but that official's boss later issued

a statement saying the case was being reviewed, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

Gardner's most serious violation while on parole was in September 2007, when he lived in an apartment adjacent to Miramar College and its day-care center, according to the newspaper. The residence was also within 500 yards of

Scripps Ranch High School and Hourglass Field Community Park.

Gardner had a low battery in his GPS tracking device on four occasions, he missed a parole meeting one time and he once faced an allegation of possession of marijuana, the Union-Tribune reported.

Gardner, who is now 30, served five years of a six-year prison sentence for attacking a 13-year-old neighbor girl in his mother's Rancho Bernardo townhouse in 2000.

The District Attorney's Office made a plea deal with Gardner to spare the victim from testifying at trial despite a psychiatrist's report that Gardner showed no remorse and should get the maximum sentence of 30 years in prison.

MORE...

http://www.myvalleynews.com/story/46175/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1656 on: March 12, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »

Fury over sex offender's freedom

San Diego, California (CNN) -- In the movie "Law Abiding Citizen," Gerard Butler plays a man who loses his family when his wife and daughter are raped and murdered. After the main culprit receives a light sentence as part of a plea bargain and gets released from prison much sooner than he should have, our hero goes all "Death Wish" on the creep. He kidnaps him, drugs him and surgically dissects him into two-dozen pieces.

Vengeance is wrong and can't be condoned. But when you're caught up in the tension of the film, it looks like something else: justice.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if, throughout San Diego County, video stores are having trouble keeping that movie on the shelf. For the last 10 days, 3.2 million people have been working through a collective sense of fury and sorrow and more fury over two gruesome discoveries and one depressing revelation.

The discoveries came when authorities found -- within days of each other -- the bodies of two teenage girls, 17-year-old Chelsea King of Poway, California, and 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido, California. King had gone for an afternoon run in a local park a few days earlier. Dubois had vanished a year earlier while walking to school.

John Albert Gardner III, a convicted sex offender, is charged with murdering King. A preliminary hearing for Gardner, who is also "a focus of the investigation" into the death of Dubois, has been scheduled for August 4. San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis has said that Gardner is eligible for the death penalty but she hasn't decided if she will seek it.

The revelation, as more details surface about Gardner and his history with the criminal justice system, is that the system for dealing with repeat sex offenders and child predators is, in California and probably other states as well, beyond broken.

A wounded and grieving community wants to know why someone like Gardner, a known sex offender, was not still sitting in a jail cell after an earlier offense or at least under some kind of monitored electronic supervision. People want to know how it is that Gardner -- who was sentenced to six years in prison in 2000 for molesting, beating and falsely imprisoning a 13-year-old girl but eventually served only five years and three years on parole -- was apparently able to move freely and do as he pleased.

Supposedly, Gardner was being monitored by the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, for whatever that's worth, and it might not be worth all that much. The Associated Press reported yesterday that Gardner violated his parole by moving too close to a school but was allowed to remain free, according to parole records obtained by the news agency.

The records also show several other violations. Had Gardner been returned to prison, he would have been evaluated for commitment to a state mental hospital as a sexually violent predator and qualified for wearing an electronic tracking device for the rest of his life.

We may never know what parole officers observed and concluded when they observed Gardner on the outside. Corrections officials claim that his "field file" was destroyed under a department policy that requires documents be destroyed within one year after a person's release from parole.

This smells fishy. Here you have a state agency known for backlogs and inefficiency and, yet, in this case, it miraculously managed to summon the efficiency to destroy a file just when it was authorized to do so. Color me suspicious. The media should keep digging until it finds out exactly when the file was destroyed, by whom, and under what authority. And if it comes out that the file was destroyed after the girls' bodies were found and Gardner was arrested, then watch out.

Yet, even if corrections officials are telling the truth, this policy is a bad fit for repeat sex offenders who tend to, by definition, repeat their crimes. In most cases, according to the research, it's only a matter of time. So why destroy the file? Chances are that you're going to need it again sooner or later.

To his credit, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, upon learning of this outrageous practice, got the chance to be a real-life action hero when he ordered the California Department of Corrections to stop destroying the field files.

Score one for the good guys. There will be more victories to come. Reform activists -- under the leadership of Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher, who represents the cities where King and Dubois lived -- have started what could turn out to be a national crusade to change the sex offender laws, close the loopholes and increase penalties in order to keep our children safe.

Maybe where we're headed is something like "One and You're Done" where, if you're convicted of sexually assaulting a child, you go away for 25 years. Or maybe those on parole should wear an electronic bracelet for life that is programmed to sound an alarm when the parolee goes near a park or a school.

Everything is on the table, Fletcher said at a news conference this week.

Because we remain a compassionate society, there will always be those who say that sexual predators are sick and that what they really need is treatment.

They're half right. Monsters like John Albert Gardner III who prey on children are sick. But they can't be cured. So what they need, on the first offense, is to be put away for a long time -- or, if subject to the death penalty, to be put down.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/03/12/navarrette.sex.offender/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1657 on: March 12, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »

SAN DIEGO -- New pictures 10News obtained are raising questions about John Gardner's mother, Cathy Osborn. (video)

http://www.10news.com/video/22820662/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1658 on: March 12, 2010, 11:21:50 AM »

Poway High Track Team Honors Chelsea King (video)

http://www.10news.com/video/22816521/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1659 on: March 12, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »

Co-Workers Upset After Gardner's Mom Returns To Job
Cathy Osborn Is Registered Nurse At Scripps Mercy Hospital

SAN DIEGO -- New pictures 10News obtained are raising questions about John Gardner's mother, Cathy Osborn.

Cathy Osborn is registered nurse at Scripps Mercy in the behavioral health unit and she's a partier.

Risqué pictures obtained by 10News show Obsorn and a group calling themselves the Hash House Harriers running the hills around Lake Hodges and other trails and engaging in some wild activities.

We had to blur the pictures when we showed them on television because of the nudity and nature of the photos. There were even a few we couldn't show.

But the pictures are a minor aspect of the tension that's developed at Osborn's workplace.

MORE...

http://www.10news.com/news/22816642/detail.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.