May 21, 2024, 01:14:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyruss "Ty" Toribio 3, killed/buried at New Mexico playground MOM arrested  (Read 21902 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 08:35:49 AM »

NM police seek woman in case of buried boy

Associated Press - May 20, 2009 11:05 PM ET
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Police are asking for help locating a Native American woman they believe may be linked to an unidentified boy whose body was found last Friday buried beneath an Albuquerque playground.

Police Chief Ray Schultz says investigators are looking for Tiffany Toribio, a transient who sometimes stayed at a home several blocks from Alvarado Park, where the boy's body was found.

Schultz says Toribio, 23, is a member of Zia Pueblo, northwest of Albuquerque. Toribio is 5-foot-1, 120 pounds and has long straight black hair.

Police received tips from family members after a composite image of the boy was released Tuesday. The boy has yet to be identified, but police said Toribio's family members believe it may be her son.

http://www.kdbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=10400076&nav=menu608_2_3

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 12:39:53 PM »

This is good news, it sounds like this could be the mom. I wonder what the circumstances are? Is she mentally unstable? As  the police  said, this little boy seemed to have been cared for, clothing which matched and in good shape, shoes with laces double knotted...The boy was left buried at a place he obviously would be found. I wonder if the mom choose that park because he liked to play there.

What a sad story. I hope they find her so they can put his proper name on his grave.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 12:43:50 PM »

Woman arrested in buried
boy case
Tiffany Toribio, 23, was arrested
around 3:45 a.m.

Updated: Thursday, 21 May 2009, 12:15 PM EDT

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - A woman has been arrested and charged with murder in the case of a boy whose body was found buried at an Albuquerque playground on Friday.

Tiffany Toribio, 23, was arrested around 3:45 a.m. Mountain time Thursday, according to Albuquerque police.

She faces an open count of murder and several charges of child abuse resulting in death, according to court documents. She's being held on a $250,000 bond.

According to the criminal complaint, police received a tip on Wednesday, May 20, from a woman who reported seeing a boy on Mother's Day who matched the composite image police had released earlier that day.

Following that tip, police met up with two men who said Toribio and her son, identified in the report only as T.T., had stayed with them for a few days. One of the men said he thought Toribio had been neglecting the boy and told her to leave.

She left the afternoon of May 12, leaving the boy at the home, but returned early the next morning, the man said. She then left with the boy and soon returned alone to gather her belongings. She would not tell him where the boy was, according to the report.

Police took Toribio into custody. During their interview, according to the complaint, Toribio had taken the boy to Alvarado Park the night of May 12 to sleep.

During the night, she said she started to push down on the boy's face, plugging his nose and mouth, according to the complaint. He stopped breathing, she said, and she performed CPR. She said the boy "came back," but started to shake and his eyes were rolling back. She then said she held the boy's nose and mouth again and the boy stopped breathing.

Toribio said she dug a hole in the sand with her hands and buried the boy, according to the warrant. She then left the park.

Police described her was a transient but was known to have connections to the neighborhood around the park.

Toribio said nothing to reporters as she was placed into a police car outside the Albuquerque Police Department headquarters early Thursday morning.
http://www.wthitv.com/video/videoplayer.swf

News conference on now:

She did not want him to grow up with nobody caring about him the same way nobody cared about her. (when asked why she did it)

His name is Ty.

She has attempted suicide since being arrested and is in protective custody.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:14:39 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 12:46:23 PM »

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/national/west/nat_krqe_albuquerque_woman_arrested_in_buried_boy_case_200905211211_2435921

His name is Tyrese.

The video that I attempted to post above, is at the link.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »

She did not want him to grow up with nobody caring about him the same way nobody cared about her.

correction, sorry.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 01:06:30 PM »

She did not want him to grow up with nobody caring about him the same way nobody cared about her.

correction, sorry.
Thank-you to everyone for the articles. RIP Tyrese  an angelic monkey    
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »

correction, sorry.

She looked pregnant in that video. Good Lord, please not. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 01:19:28 PM »

correction, sorry.
Thank-you to everyone for the articles. RIP Tyrese  an angelic monkey    

someone would have cared about him and taken him if she would have done the right thing and given him up so that he could have had a chance with a family to love him..
at least we know who he is...the people of the town love him enough to take care of him from now on....

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 01:24:17 PM »

Toribio, 23, is a member of Zia Pueblo, northwest of Albuquerque. This is a beautiful area of New Mexico, and the yound woman is an attractive person. What in the world went wrong here? Once again I have to keep asking this question. Wonder where this child's grandparents are?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 03:00:12 PM »

Where was CPS? and I am not blaming the people, but I am asking what I think is a relevant question, why, if they believed she was neglecting the boy, did they allow her to take him? They should have called police, not asked her to leave. What is with people not wanting to get involved!

R.I.P sweet baby Tyrese, there are many people that care about you...
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 04:20:55 PM »

Not to get all philosophical here, but why are these people given the gift of a child when there are so many people who would die to have a child, but can't.   

Cops: Woman Confesses to Suffocating Boy Found Buried in New Mexico Playground
Thursday, May 21, 2009 

May 16, 2009: Police in Albuquerque, N.M., are investigating a boy's body found buried in sand at a playground.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —  Police said Thursday that the mother of a 3-year-old boy found buried at a playground told investigators she suffocated him, had second thoughts and brought him back to life, then changed her mind and suffocated him again.

Police Chief Ray Schultz said Tiffany Toribio, 23, told officers that she and her son, Tyruss "Ty" Toribio, were in Alvarado Park before dawn on May 13 and that she suffocated him while he was asleep.

She told detectives she had second thoughts and performed CPR on the boy, reviving him, but again reconsidered and placed her hand over his nose and mouth until he suffocated, Schultz said. She said she waited a few minutes before burying him in the playground, the chief said.

Ty's body was found Friday by a mother who saw his black tennis shoe sticking out of the sand. Police released an artist's rendering of the boy's image on Tuesday, which led to tips about Toribio from family members and others, Schultz said.

Police picked up Toribio after she called them late Wednesday saying she had left home and was walking to the police station to turn herself in, the chief said. At first she denied being Tiffany Toribio, but officers found her identification and she acknowledged who she was, he said.

Neither the district attorney's office nor police knew if Toribio had an attorney, but she would have to have representation by her Friday arraignment.

Schultz called it "somber day" in Albuquerque.

"He was a very special child and that's what makes this case so hard for everybody within the Albuquerque Police Department that's worked on it for the last six days," he said.

At the playground — filled now with flowers, plaques and candles — about a dozen people gathered, some part of the regular vigil held there since last week and others who came down after hearing of the arrest on the TV news.

"We named him 'Baby Angel' and it's important now that we know his real name," said Sarah Sandoval, who lives nearby. "Now, his mother will find out this baby has a lot of people who love him and will do anything for a child."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520985,00.html?test=latestnews

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »

It is an Epidemic. This woman does not deserve to live...end of story...just like so many before her and all the piss poor excuses for human beings that will follow in her footsteps. Fry her now. She does not deserve to breath the same air that we do. She is a waste of oxygen.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 04:44:05 PM »

Where was CPS? and I am not blaming the people, but I am asking what I think is a relevant question, why, if they believed she was neglecting the boy, did they allow her to take him? They should have called police, not asked her to leave. What is with people not wanting to get involved!

R.I.P sweet baby Tyrese, there are many people that care about you...
I've been shaking my head here, wondering the same thing.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »

It is an Epidemic. This woman does not deserve to live...end of story...just like so many before her and all the piss poor excuses for human beings that will follow in her footsteps. Fry her now. She does not deserve to breath the same air that we do. She is a waste of oxygen.
Exactly, but that is never going to happen, because of her rights 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090521/ap_on_re_us/us_playground_body

Police: Mom of buried NM boy says she killed him
By HEATHER CLARK, Associated Press Writer Heather Clark, Associated Press Writer 11 mins ago

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Police said Thursday that the mother of a 3-year-old boy found buried at a playground told investigators she suffocated him, had second thoughts and resuscitated him, then changed her mind and suffocated him again. Police Chief Ray Schultz said Tiffany Toribio, 23, told officers that she and her son, Tyruss "Ty" Toribio, were in Alvarado Park before dawn on May 13 and that she suffocated him while he was asleep.

She told detectives she had second thoughts and performed CPR on the boy, reviving him, but again reconsidered and placed her hand over his nose and mouth until he suffocated, Schultz said. She said she waited a few minutes before burying him in the playground, the chief said.

Ty's body was found Friday by a mother who saw his black tennis shoe sticking out of the sand. Police released an artist's rendering of the boy's image on Tuesday, which led to tips about Toribio from family members and others, Schultz said.

Police picked up Toribio after she called them late Wednesday saying she had left home and was walking to the police station to turn herself in, the chief said. At first she denied being Tiffany Toribio, but officers found her identification and she acknowledged who she was, he said.

Neither the district attorney's office nor police knew if Toribio had an attorney, but she would have to have representation by her Friday arraignment.

Schultz called it "somber day" in Albuquerque.

"He was a very special child and that's what makes this case so hard for everybody within the Albuquerque Police Department that's worked on it for the last six days," he said.

Schultz described Toribio as a transient who was kicked out of her mother's home on May 7 because of the way she treated her son. A few days later she was kicked out of a friend's house for the same reason, he said.

Toribio had no history of substance or alcohol abuse and only a traffic citation on her record.

"What makes this story especially sad was when asked the reason why she took Ty's life, Tiffany said that she did not want him to grow up with no one caring about him the same way that she had grown up with no one caring about her," Schultz said.

Schultz said Toribio was being held at the Bernalillo County jail under close observation because she had attempted suicide. He did not provide details about the suicide attempt.

At the playground — filled now with flowers, plaques and candles — about a dozen people gathered, some part of the regular vigil held there since last week and others who came down after hearing of the arrest on the TV news.

"We named him 'Baby Angel' and it's important now that we know his real name," said Sarah Sandoval, who lives nearby. "Now, his mother will find out this baby has a lot of people who love him and will do anything for a child."

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.Questions or CommentsPrivacy PolicyTerms of ServiceCopyright/IP Policy

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »

Schultz described Toribio as a transient who was kicked out of her mother's home on May 7 because of the way she treated her son. A few days later she was kicked out of a friend's house for the same reason, he said.
So the grandma kicked her and the boy out, instead of dealing with the issue of abuse? Same goes with the friend. I have no words 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2009, 06:10:16 PM »

The people who did not call/report to Child Services should fry too ... there is NO EXCUSE!!!!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2009, 07:32:30 PM »

The people who did not call/report to Child Services should fry too ... there is NO EXCUSE!!!!

I think if there was a law that held people accountable for not reporting suspected neglect or abuse, it would help. Nothing is done! At least an accessory!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »

I'm madder then he!! right now with the grandma and friend 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2009, 10:17:13 PM »

Remember the kyle case? The teen that escaped in shackles here in my now famous (or infamous!) town of Tracy? A neighbor  girl that spent the night  and witnessed Kelly lau made Kyle sleep by the back door, made him eat a house fly, cursed at him and screamed, she told her grandmother who had already noticed the boy was not in school, didnt wear shoes, looked ill and she did nothing to help, not even a call to a tip hot line. She didn't feel right getting involved....Laws need to be changed in my opinion.

BTW if I may ask those of you which have not popped into the Amber thread in the missing persons forum to please  stop by and read, lend some support  etc... There are some interesting theories and leads. A few family members are posting  too and giving a lot of insight. I am sure this bunch of smart monkeys can help  tons!
Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.