May 21, 2024, 09:02:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 327353 times)
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #800 on: December 06, 2010, 05:17:59 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the updates and links.  I check here every week hoping for news.

I kinda feel like No Rose about this case, just a bad sense...or feeling. Not really anything I can express in words though.

Is you are so inclined - http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=FLB

an angelic monkey

*If* not Is 

NCSunny

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: December 09, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »

Prayers for Lindsey. It is all just so sad.   an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: December 10, 2010, 09:40:20 AM »

an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: December 10, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey   

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: December 11, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »

Winter Vigil for Lindsey on Dec. 18th

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001392864163#!/event.php?eid=166342186736958

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: December 13, 2010, 12:42:52 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/12/12/1461825/friends-family-to-hold-vigil-for.html

A candlelight vigil for Lindsey Baum, the McCleary girl who has been missing for more than a year, is set for 4 p.m. Saturday at Beerbower Park in McCleary.

The vigil will last about an hour and will include a performance of a song about Lindsey by its writer, Erik Paul.

There also will be an open platform for anyone to share a few words, as well as a statement from Lindsey’s mother and one of her closest friends.

For more information, go to findlindseybaum.com.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/12/12/1461825/friends-family-to-hold-vigil-for.html#ixzz180yWubWw

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #806 on: December 13, 2010, 01:22:01 PM »

what is so haunting to me is . . . someone showing up for that vigil probably has the tidbit of information that could help bring Lindsey home.  For some reason, I just believe it . . . nothing to base it on but my gut.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: December 13, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »

what is so haunting to me is . . . someone showing up for that vigil probably has the tidbit of information that could help bring Lindsey home.  For some reason, I just believe it . . . nothing to base it on but my gut.
i feel the same.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #808 on: December 14, 2010, 09:42:57 AM »

according to this blog...the fire department does not want to be a part of the vigil. 

prayers for Lindsey  an angelic monkey

http://findlindseybaum.blogspot.com/2010/12/no-support-from-mccleary-fire.html

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: December 15, 2010, 07:29:43 PM »

according to this blog...the fire department does not want to be a part of the vigil. 

Mama, it is very sad indeed when there is not as much local support as we on the outside would seem appropriate.  However, having followed this case from the beginning, I think some of these folks critizing need to look in the mirror before pointing the finger.  It has been so hurtful that searching and finding Lindsey remains, IMO, an often dim focus of the blog.  Oh, the words are there, but not the actions back when it could have brought some needed answers.  People were too busy covering their own a$$es -- all of which is JMO.  It is because of this, I doubt the fire department will offer a public explanation or their reasoning.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: December 16, 2010, 12:32:46 AM »

Mama, it is very sad indeed when there is not as much local support as we on the outside would seem appropriate.  However, having followed this case from the beginning, I think some of these folks critizing need to look in the mirror before pointing the finger.  It has been so hurtful that searching and finding Lindsey remains, IMO, an often dim focus of the blog.  Oh, the words are there, but not the actions back when it could have brought some needed answers.  People were too busy covering their own a$$es -- all of which is JMO.  It is because of this, I doubt the fire department will offer a public explanation or their reasoning.
sister, there was a reason why i wrote 'according to this blog'.  i believe we are (still) on the same page.  imo the vigil should be a want to situation, not a 'damned if you don't' kind of thing.
jmo, only guessing, ect. ect.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: December 16, 2010, 12:47:22 AM »

LINDSEY BAUM
MCCLEARY, WA
MISSING SINCE JUNE 26, 2009

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: December 16, 2010, 09:45:14 AM »

sister, there was a reason why i wrote 'according to this blog'.  i believe we are (still) on the same page.  imo the vigil should be a want to situation, not a 'damned if you don't' kind of thing.
jmo, only guessing, ect. ect.

Mama, I know we are on the same page about it . . . a child is missing and somehow these folks feel "entitled" . . .

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: December 16, 2010, 11:11:54 AM »

http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=111977054&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10212

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- A controversy is brewing in McCleary, where Lindsey Baum disappeared 18 months ago. The group helping with the search is upset with local firefighters, accusing them of refusing to help find the missing girl.

"This Christmas will be 18 months that my daughter has been missing. I'm not going to let her be forgotten," says Melissa Baum, Lindsey's mother.

Lindsey disappeared in June 2009, walking home from a friend's house. Numerous searches for her have come up empty. Her mother works endlessly to find her.

Melissa remembered that this Saturday will be the McCleary Firefighters Assocation's annual holiday procession called "Santa Through Town." They decorate their fire engine with lights and pass out candy canes in an effort to collect food for a sponsored family in need.

"Very popular event. Well supported throughout the community," says Assistant Chief Paul Notts.

Because the procession travels down almost every street in town, Baum's mother hoped it could help publicize her cause.

"It wasn't going to cost them anything," says Baum. "It wasn't going to take any of their time. We were just going to add to something they were already going to do."

The firefighters were asked to hand out candy canes with Lindsey's picture and to hang a banner of the missing girl on their rig. But the firefighters declined.

"Our event is really geared toward people going through an unfortunate time and to blend the two really doesn't fit," says Notts.

"I was actually shocked. I thought the fire department would be supportive," says Melissa.

The town's volunteer firefighters say they want to help find Lindsey, but their procession, a 15-year tradition, needs to stay focused on helping the family they sponsor.

"We'd be more than happy to assist the Lindsey Baum camp, but it can't happen in this event," says Notts.

"Why can't they do both?" Melissa asks.

The dispute has both sides suffering community backlash. But they agree on one thing: their causes should not compete with each other.

A vigil for Linsdey is this Saturday, Dec. 18 at 4 p.m. at Beerbower Park in McCleary. The firefighters annual procession starts at 5 p.m. the same night

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #814 on: December 16, 2010, 11:39:57 AM »

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- A controversy is brewing in McCleary, where Lindsey Baum disappeared 18 months ago. The group helping with the search is upset with local firefighters, accusing them of refusing to help find the missing girl.

"This Christmas will be 18 months that my daughter has been missing. I'm not going to let her be forgotten," says Melissa Baum, Lindsey's mother.

Lindsey disappeared in June 2009, walking home from a friend's house. Numerous searches for her have come up empty. Her mother works endlessly to find her.

Melissa remembered that this Saturday will be the McCleary Firefighters Assocation's annual holiday procession called "Santa Through Town." They decorate their fire engine with lights and pass out candy canes in an effort to collect food for a sponsored family in need.

"Very popular event. Well supported throughout the community," says Assistant Chief Paul Notts.

Because the procession travels down almost every street in town, Baum's mother hoped it could help publicize her cause.

"It wasn't going to cost them anything," says Baum. "It wasn't going to take any of their time. We were just going to add to something they were already going to do."

The firefighters were asked to hand out candy canes with Lindsey's picture and to hang a banner of the missing girl on their rig. But the firefighters declined.

"Our event is really geared toward people going through an unfortunate time and to blend the two really doesn't fit," says Notts.

"I was actually shocked. I thought the fire department would be supportive," says Melissa.

The town's volunteer firefighters say they want to help find Lindsey, but their procession, a 15-year tradition, needs to stay focused on helping the family they sponsor.

"We'd be more than happy to assist the Lindsey Baum camp, but it can't happen in this event," says Notts.

The dispute has both sides suffering community backlash. But they agree on one thing: their causes should not compete with each other.

A vigil for Linsdey is this Saturday, Dec. 18 at 4 p.m. at Beerbower Park in McCleary. The firefighters annual procession starts at 5 p.m. the same night

I am curious how MB is working endlessly to find her daughter.  For almost a year, she sat on her porch or in her house.  I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I do, it is JMHO.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: December 16, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »

I am speechless. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: December 16, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »

I know SISTER. Lindsey being missing has been weird from the get-go. It seems so many things have been backwards.   

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: December 16, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »

I am curious how MB is working endlessly to find her daughter.  For almost a year, she sat on her porch or in her house.  I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I do, it is JMHO.
i understand.  i just pray that one day some of our questions will be answered, and Lindsey can be brought home.  an angelic monkey

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: December 17, 2010, 03:11:45 AM »

a facebook page for Lindsey Baum.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Lindsey-Baum/139634052750379#!/pages/Find-Lindsey-Baum/139634052750379?v=wall

things started to get interesting on it around tuesday.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #819 on: December 17, 2010, 01:56:32 PM »

a facebook page for Lindsey Baum.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Lindsey-Baum/139634052750379#!/pages/Find-Lindsey-Baum/139634052750379?v=wall

things started to get interesting on it around tuesday.
Mama, I read the above . . . I'm not even going to go there about the donations.  It's a real sore spot with me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.