May 06, 2024, 10:12:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 728185 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: November 08, 2009, 08:59:57 PM »

How about the "Diaper Dude"  skull and crossbones diaper bag-black from Target.com?

http://www.target.com/Diaper-Dude-Skull-Crossbones-Bag/dp/B000LPJTU6/ref=br_1_15?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=3430851&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30

Click on the above link.  It's a black diaper bag with skull and cross bones around the middle of it.  I am trying to imagine someone with a baby carrying that thing around.  It looks like someone took labels from a poison bottle or a Jolly Roger Pirate Flag and stuck on a bag.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: November 08, 2009, 09:35:21 PM »

How about the "Diaper Dude"  skull and crossbones diaper bag-black from Target.com?

http://www.target.com/Diaper-Dude-Skull-Crossbones-Bag/dp/B000LPJTU6/ref=br_1_15?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=3430851&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30

Click on the above link.  It's a black diaper bag with skull and cross bones around the middle of it.  I am trying to imagine someone with a baby carrying that thing around.  It looks like someone took labels from a poison bottle or a Jolly Roger Pirate Flag and stuck on a bag.  JMHO

that is just really strange...must be for very young parents, not ready to be parents!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #902 on: November 08, 2009, 09:40:30 PM »

that is just really strange...must be for very young parents, not ready to be parents!

As a parent of a conservative 16 y/o I have to say that he even wears some of the stuff with the skull on it. Not much but he does have one or two with skulls. Very strange to me but I guess I am an old gal!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #903 on: November 09, 2009, 12:31:41 AM »

Hi monkeys
The skull and cross bones thing on clothing and items carried by kids now days is the norm. it's a fad. It doesn't mean or represent what us old folks are use to.
I'm not saying I agree with it but itis all over theplace and my children have a few things with that on them.

I believe le are frustrated in this case and need to look outside the box and look at the possibility that it could be a killer that has done this before but may not have done it in the local area before or that it is a person local who is a first time killer.
I guess I am hoping they arent using tunnel vision or being closed minded in this case. Too many cases go unsolved because they don't look at other people fromother areas as possibly being connected.

Hugs and prayers to all the monkeys. Welcome to those new monkeys i did not get a chance to welcome lately..

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: November 09, 2009, 06:49:42 AM »

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/11/2-events-raise-money-for-famil.html
Local News      
2 Events Raise Money For Family Of Somer Thompson
By
Adam Kirk - Morning News Producer
@ November 9, 2009 5:52 AM Permalink | Comments (0)
Two events this weekend raised money for the family of murdered 7 year-old Somer Thompson.

The girl disappeared while walking home from school three weeks ago in Orange Park, and was found dead in a Georgia landfill.

On Saturday afternoon the Bonefish Grill on San Jose Boulevard sold meals for $25-a-person. All of the money raised will go to support the first-grader's family.

Also on Saturday, organizers held a charity ride at the Adamec Harley Davidson store on Baymeadows.

The money raised will go to Somer's family and the Justice Coalition.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #905 on: November 09, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »

Exclusive: Mother's Desperate Search for Somer's Killer
Diena Thompson, Mother of Murdered Somer Thompson: 'I'm Not Going to Let This Monster Win'
By KATE SNOW
ORANGE PARK, Fla., Nov. 9, 2009 

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-mother-diena-searches-killer/story?id=9029804
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #906 on: November 09, 2009, 01:59:51 PM »

Friends of Thompson have also established a Web site, www.rememberingsomer.com, which is devoted to Somer's memory and the investigation.

"There's been amazing outpouring of support," said Thompson's lawyer, Michael Freed. "There's been a trust created to help Diena raise her surviving children in as normal a way as she can. And of course, there's opportunities to increase the reward which hopefully will be helpful as well. And, as Diena said, that really means a lot to her and to the family," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-mother-diena-searches-killer/Story?id=9029804&page=2
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: November 09, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21562710/detail.html
Sketches Of Somer's Items Released
Investigators Believe Girl Was Carrying Tote Bag, Lunch Box

POSTED: Monday, November 9, 2009
UPDATED: 1:56 pm EST November 9, 2009

Somer Renee Thompson.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Artist sketches of two items that belonged to 7-year-old Somer Thompson have been released.
Witnesses said Somer had a tote bag and a round lunch case with her when she was last seen walking in Orange Park on Oct. 19, WJXT-TV reported.

Officials hope that finding the items could help locate her killer.

The items were featured on a segment Saturday on the TV show "America's Most Wanted."

The pink tote bag was used by Somer to carry books. It is pink with black straps and had a white skull and cross bones design. The round lunch carrier with a zipper was also pink and had a pig design.
Somer's body was found Oct. 21 in the landfill in Charlton County, Ga., where Orange Park's garbage is dumped. Detectives with the Clay County Sheriff's Office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI continue to investigate Somer's disappearance and slaying.

Anyone with information about the items is asked to call the Thompson case tip line, which remains open 24 hours a day.

In addition to calling 866-845-TIPS, tips can be e-mailed to rewards@fccrimestoppers.com, left on the Web site, or by text message by sending "TIP326" plus message to "CRIMES." All calls, e-mails and texts to Crime Stoppers remain anonymous.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #908 on: November 09, 2009, 06:24:08 PM »

I've really been just lurking in this cage because I've been very busy with Justice for Nevaeh. I really thought this case would be solved by now. It's amazing that it hasn't. This is another very very sad case. It bothers me to hear the mom say that little Somer was teased. And now this. Some kids can be so mean sometimes.

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #909 on: November 09, 2009, 08:54:37 PM »

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #910 on: November 09, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »

I've really been just lurking in this cage because I've been very busy with Justice for Nevaeh. I really thought this case would be solved by now. It's amazing that it hasn't. This is another very very sad case. It bothers me to hear the mom say that little Somer was teased. And now this. Some kids can be so mean sometimes.

I have been trying to search and listen for updates in the Nevaeh case. I have not been able to gather any new information. My husband just asked me lastnight about the case and if there was any new information. He also asked about the Cummings case.

If you have a link with any new information about Nevaeh's case please post it. Thank you.

I would also like to thank all of the monkeys for posting all of the links for Somer's case that have helped keep me updated on all information that is being released to the public.

I still feel this person who committed this crime has done this before and it may not have been done in that local vicinity but in another location. In the past or recently. i feel this person has done this before.

Hopefully this does not become another cold case and unsolved.

I also pray that Nevaeh's killer is caught and justice served. I wish there was more information on her case.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #911 on: November 09, 2009, 10:25:50 PM »

Oh, FindingAnswers, Nevaeh's case will be solved. No doubt about it. Despite the lack of information being released to the public, there's a good deal going on behind the scenes.

Somer's case will be solved too, I'm sure. These cases can be difficult to assemble. Many people think that once dna is found, the case is solved. Not so. DNA only proves the person's presence. Depending on the source, it can also prove a sexual assault. But it may not prove a murder. There needs to be a link between the DNA and the homocide, which can take time to find.

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #912 on: November 09, 2009, 11:10:15 PM »

JessStar I hope you are correct on both. I just hope the find the people responsible before another child suffers and is murdered.

I agree about the things released to the public and what is happening behind the scenes. I also agree with the DNA aspect. Just because they have DNA doesn't mean the case will be solved quickly or that it proves murder.

They may have DNA but they may not have a suspect to match it to as of yet or that dna found matches the person responsible for the killing itself.

I'm just praying for justice and hoping for the people responsible to be caught before we hear about another innocent child being harmed or murdered by these people.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #913 on: November 10, 2009, 12:53:33 AM »

Exclusive: Mother's Desperate Search for Somer's Killer
Diena Thompson, Mother of Murdered Somer Thompson: 'I'm Not Going to Let This Monster Win'
By KATE SNOW
ORANGE PARK, Fla., Nov. 9, 2009 

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-mother-diena-searches-killer/story?id=9029804
Oh gosh I am a crying mess. My heart breaks for this mother. This is so sad, just so sad.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: November 10, 2009, 07:06:31 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-True-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d10-Somer-Thompson-murder-new-leads-no-break-as-case-remains-on-forefront
Somer Thompson update: armed with new leads, detectives hunt child-killer
November 10, 12:53 AMTrue Crime ExaminerIvy Bigbee

Somer Thompson, 7, of Orange Park, Florida, was abducted during her walk home from school, on Oct. 19, 2009. Somer's body was recovered three days later from a regional landfill. Clay County police have received 3,300 leads to date, although no one has been implicated in the case that has shocked and angered northeast Florida, and beyond.   (family photograph)

Though Orange Park, Florida police say they have acquired new leads for their investigation, Somer Thompson's killer remains at large.

Retaining his freedom, this child-murderer experiences privileges enjoyed by society--including, and especially--those who are searching unceasingly for him. 

To close the case, one piece of information--a single tip--might deliver justice for Somer, and put  away a monster that might otherwise strike again.

Although the agency has not named a suspect, after program host, John Walsh, recounted the murder during Saturday's "America's Most Wanted" TV show, new information may have come to light, says spokesperson Mary Justino, of the Clay County (FL) Sheriff's Office in Orange Park.

"We have now received 3,300 leads," says Justino: possible clues to a brutal abduction/murder confounding the quiet community near Jacksonville, adding " ... detective teams continue working to follow up on all remaining [plausible tips]."

Justino notes, "Over the weekend, there was a brief increase in the frequency of calls to the tip line as a result of the Somer Thompson case being featured on 'America's Most Wanted Saturday evening," during which, Justino relates, "  ... some new information [was] provided by callers," prompting additional probes by detectives.   
Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler directs an all-out, multi-agency search for the person who took 7-year-old Somer, during her Oct. 19 afternoon walk home from Grove Park Elementary School.  Whoever killed Somer then disposed of her body in trash.

In the 7:06 PM police report, filed after the girl failed to arrive home at her usual time--around 3--her mother, Diena, 34, related that Somer had been involved in a tiff at school, that the girl had run ahead of her siblings after being teased.

Somer disappeared near a vacant house that soon fell under police scrutiny, but no evidence of her, or of any struggle, came to light.

On the third day after Somer's disappearance, her body was recovered from a regional landfill, some 55 miles away. Clay County police had targeted neighborhood-specific landfills, where after combing through 100 tons of refuse, the second grader's body was uncovered.

As a follow-up to "America's Most Wanted," on 11/07, police released via the media sketches of missing school bags Somer had been carrying at the time she vanished.

The bright pink bags--including a round lunch box and book tote, have distinctive designs, including a pink pig's face on the lunch box.  The tote is styled with hearts, skull and stars.

Anyone having information possibly relating to Somer Thompson's murder can call or email Clay County police, whose contacts appear below.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Clay County (Florida) Sheriff's Office tips line:  1-877-227-6911

Email:  cart@claysheriff.com

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: November 10, 2009, 07:22:15 AM »

Issues 11/9/09 Somer Thompson
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dWU_tnjiUgI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dWU_tnjiUgI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: November 10, 2009, 09:26:12 AM »

God bless Somer.....

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: November 10, 2009, 10:58:04 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21562710/detail.html
Sketches Of Somer's Items Released
Investigators Believe Girl Was Carrying Tote Bag, Lunch Box

POSTED: Monday, November 9, 2009
UPDATED: 1:56 pm EST November 9, 2009

Somer Renee Thompson.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Artist sketches of two items that belonged to 7-year-old Somer Thompson have been released.
Witnesses said Somer had a tote bag and a round lunch case with her when she was last seen walking in Orange Park on Oct. 19, WJXT-TV reported.

Officials hope that finding the items could help locate her killer.

The items were featured on a segment Saturday on the TV show "America's Most Wanted."

The pink tote bag was used by Somer to carry books. It is pink with black straps and had a white skull and cross bones design. The round lunch carrier with a zipper was also pink and had a pig design.
Somer's body was found Oct. 21 in the landfill in Charlton County, Ga., where Orange Park's garbage is dumped. Detectives with the Clay County Sheriff's Office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI continue to investigate Somer's disappearance and slaying.

Anyone with information about the items is asked to call the Thompson case tip line, which remains open 24 hours a day.

In addition to calling 866-845-TIPS, tips can be e-mailed to rewards@fccrimestoppers.com, left on the Web site, or by text message by sending "TIP326" plus message to "CRIMES." All calls, e-mails and texts to Crime Stoppers remain anonymous.

I have searched and searched and can not find either of these items online.

Checked Walmart, Target, Amazon, Ebay, Google Images.

Could be older items no longer for sale - but the skull thing is trendy right now.

I'm confused as to why the makers of these items were not released - just artist sketches.

????

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: November 10, 2009, 11:01:20 AM »

gotta disagree with Pat Brown. 

I feel that the killer most likely got rid of these items - didn't keep them as souvenirs.

And if the killer hadn't already gotten rid of them, he will now that their descriptions are public.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: November 10, 2009, 11:04:37 AM »

gotta disagree with Pat Brown. 

I feel that the killer most likely got rid of these items - didn't keep them as souvenirs.

And if the killer hadn't already gotten rid of them, he will now that their descriptions are public.

yep...agreed with you on this...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.