May 07, 2024, 08:32:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #846 9/12/10 - 9/21/10  (Read 218191 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: September 20, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »

Another Face to Face

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, Aug. 9, 2005
Natalee's Mom: She Was Assaulted
Confronts Ex-Detainee; Insists He Tell What He Knows About Case

(CBS)  Beth Holloway Twitty went face-to-face Monday with a man who'd been detained briefly in the disappearance of daughter Natalee Holloway in Aruba, and challenged him to tell what he knows about the case.

In telling of the tense encounter, she asserted Natalee was sexually assaulted before she vanished.

Twitty says she was tipped by a member of the media that Deepak Kalpoe was working at a local Internet café, and wasted no time confronting him Monday.

Kalpoe, 21, and brother Satish Kalpoe, 18, were among the last three people spotted in public with Natalee before the Alabama teen disappeared in the early hours of May 30 on the final night of a high school graduation trip to the island.

The third person, Dutch teen Joran van der Sloot, is the only suspect still being held in connection with Natalee's disappearance. Both Kalpoe brothers were kept in custody for a short time early in the investigation.

Twitty has said the Kalpoes know more than they're telling investigators.

Twitty described her close-up with Deepak to CBS News:

"There were customers on the computer and he was seated behind the cash register, and I guess he thought he was going to have a normal day at work.

"I wanted to ask him, Joran had admitted sexual assaults that he had committed against Natalee, and I wanted to ask Deepak: Did he participate, or did he try to help her?

"He couldn't answer me. He could only look down at the ground."

"(I told him) you've got an opportunity. I'm Natalee's mother. I'm standing right here before you. You need to tell me.

"I saw his eyelids pretty much the whole time that I was there, and I would have to tell him to hold your head up and look at me when I'm speaking with you.

"He couldn't do that. He would either not respond or he would just tell me that his lawyer had advised him not to speak with me.

"I expected him, if he had no involvement, if he was not a participant in the sexual acts committed against my daughter, that yes, he could have come forward and said, 'No,' and looked me in the eye. He couldn't do that.

"I let him know, under no circumstances, that there is nothing that I'm going to refrain from asking, and I'm going to ask every question, and I'm going to stop at nothing, and I will continue to.

"And he said, 'The media hasn't seen this side of you.' And I said, I've been saving it for you, Deepak.

"I'm always going to hold out hope, no matter how bad it looks. You can't prepare yourself for that, and I don't have to."

Twitty also says she believes there was a level of ineptitude on the part of Aruban authorities, but she's more optimistic, now that a group of investigators from Holland has become involved.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/09/earlyshow/main766023.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/09/earlyshow/main766023_page2.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: September 20, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »

Samantha sure has that Jay Leno chin thing going on....bless her heart.

He needs to take her out to eat more.....she is wayyyyyy thin  Neutral

and yes, Renfro is again

Nut! 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: September 20, 2010, 02:37:13 PM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #703 on: September 20, 2010, 02:38:35 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_78430.php

Google translation:

Extortion Case filmed Joran

September 20, 2010, 14:23 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article 
Print this article 

ORANGE CITY - Beth Holloway and Peter R. de Vries were on the island last weekend for a report to make on the extortion family Holloway Joran van der Sloot. Today they go back from Aruba.

This morning Chief Peter Blanken told this newspaper. The chief said Saturday the pair told him so they were shooting on the island to a report of the extortion. For example, they include recordings of the neighborhood where, according to Joran Opal's body disappeared Natalee Holloway in 2005 would be buried. Joran has information about the known location of the body of Natalee Holloway sold to the family. Then he was in Alabama including extortion charged. Currently, Castro Castro prison in Joran in custody on suspicion of the murder of 21-year-old Peruvian Stephany Flores on May 30 this year.

It was also the first white men to encounter with Beth, though he had spoken by phone or earlier. "It was good to meet you," said the chief. "They also asked for the state of affairs and whether there were new developments." Blank told her that no new development but there are still police capacity wordt used for the case. "There is still some information inside. Not everything can we take seriously. What seriously is that we investigate natural. "The chief did Beth great pleasure to know that the disappearance of her daughter in 2005 is still of concern to the judiciary. Well she told whites to be realistic and few new developments to be expected from the survey. She has also given in the interview that she hopes that Joran is finally a real time business gives opening.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: September 20, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_78384.php

Public Prosecutor in conversation with Beth and Peter R. de Vries

18 Sep, 2010, 10:12 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

Beth Holloway gets into a waiting vehicle at Reina Beatrix airport.

ORANJESTAD — Beth Holloway and crime reporter Peter R. de Vries arrived on Aruba yesterday. Today, they will be speaking with field officer Peter Blanken from the Public Prosecutor (OM).

“I just spoke with her on the telephone”, Blanken told the Amigoe this morning. “We made an appointment for today.” The field officer says that he still knows De Vries from Rotterdam. “I was working on a cold case at the time. That’s when I made use of the possibilities Peter R. de Vries had available: his network, his reputation and investigation methods.” The field officer did not wish to say what the duo wanted to see him about.

According to reports, Beth and De Vries are here to shoot a documentary on the disappearance of Natalee, Beth’s daughter. She disappeared on Aruba in 2005. The duo arrived Friday evening and will be leaving on Monday. They had come from Peru where she wanted to speak with Joran van der Sloot. He is on remand in the Castro Castro prison on suspicion of murdering the Peruvian Stephany Flores. Joran is still the main suspect in the never solved disappearance case of Natalee. Joran’s lawyer said before a press agency that Beth wanted to question Joran on the disappearance of her daughter. However, Joran refused to be engaged in a conversation.

On the question from this newspaper whether the OM, as indicated earlier, is still planning to go to Peru to question Joran about Natalee, field officer Blanken says, “We have not taken a definite decision. At this moment, we are inclined not to go.” According to Blanken, the questioning of Joran must take place at a strategic moment. “When we have the presumption that he wants to clear things up; we don’t have that idea yet.”

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: September 20, 2010, 02:42:34 PM »

This one may have already been posted:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_78347.php

Beth Holloway visits prison in Peru

17 Sep, 2010, 14:00 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

ORANJESTAD/LIMA — Beth Holloway, the mother of the disappeared Natalee in 2005 on Aruba, is in Peru together with crime reporter Peter R. de Vries. They visited the heavily protected Castro Castro prison, where Joran van der Sloot is held in custody.

De Vries confirmed the aforementioned on his website. However, he denies the rumors that Beth was arrested in Peru when she tried to enter the Castro Castro prison with a hidden camera. Those rumors are circulating in several media. According to these reports, the mother of the American teenager – and the crime reporter – tried to visit Joran, who is still in remand on suspicion of murdering Stephany Flores. Apparently, Beth was allowed to leave the prison again after a short interrogation.

On his site, De Vries mentions that ‘he nor Beth, or any other member of the crew was detained or held in custody’. “Every report stating or suggesting this is absolutely incorrect.” He also denies that hidden camera equipment or recordings were confiscated. He emphasizes that ‘nothing was done or undertaken that was inconsistent with previously made agreements and applicable regulations in Peru or in the Castro Castro prison.”

What precisely did occur and why they are in Peru, the crime reporter did not wish to say. The only thing that was made known was that De Vries is making a documentary on the activities together with Beth Holloway. Expectations are that the Dutch station SBS 6 will broadcast the documentary within short. The documentary will explain the precise purpose for them traveling to Peru, and their findings.

Popular
The media attention for Joran also yielded the murder suspect a multitude of fans. According to Dutch media, a spokesperson of institute ‘Prisoners in Peru’ supposedly said Joran receives increasingly more supporting letters from the Netherlands. “It must regard women who fall for the wrong men”, a spokesperson stated in AD.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: September 20, 2010, 03:03:56 PM »

Klass, I don't see your tribute on the Front Page.  I think it is so good it should be there or at least your work with notation that it has been picked up by at least one paper in Aruba.

It's just too good to let pass.  And they need to know that yes, indeed, this is what people think of when they hear the word Aruba.

And they always will until something is done to bring justice for Natalee.  It doesn't matter what else they do to try change the facts of this matter.  Film festivals, fashion shows, nothing will change the fact that they refused to prosecute or even collect evidence against Joran and now he has killed AGAIN!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: September 20, 2010, 03:08:05 PM »

I am still in total shock that Peter de Vries was in Birmingham and I didn't eve know it!

Magnolia, we had our chance and we blew it, lol!

I do so adore that man.  Not just because he is awesomely handsome but because he is the one human being on the planet who actually has got in Sloot faces/snouts and faced them toe to toe, relentlessly gone after Joran even in Thailand and now on yet another continent!!!

Peter de Vries has truly been a warrior for Beth and for that alone has my admiration and respect. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: September 20, 2010, 03:09:25 PM »

Again, note to all liars--

Beth did nothing illegal in Peru, was never detained and met with the head of the Prison before her visit with Joran.

Stop lying about that right now!

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: September 20, 2010, 03:18:12 PM »

Klass, I don't see your tribute on the Front Page.  I think it is so good it should be there or at least your work with notation that it has been picked up by at least one paper in Aruba.

It's just too good to let pass.  And they need to know that yes, indeed, this is what people think of when they hear the word Aruba.

And they always will until something is done to bring justice for Natalee.  It doesn't matter what else they do to try change the facts of this matter.  Film festivals, fashion shows, nothing will change the fact that they refused to prosecute or even collect evidence against Joran and now he has killed AGAIN!

I just added a short piece to the SM front page linking to the Diario article.   Monkey Devil!
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #710 on: September 20, 2010, 03:37:03 PM »

i was reading today the peruvian news and i read the killer  a very welk known  hair stilyst in peru was sentenced to a 37 years of jail. He did not get life in prison because he confeses his crime. this case maybe very similar to stephany case and the monster finally will receive his 30 years in jail..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: September 20, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »

I just added a short piece to the SM front page linking to the Diario article.   Monkey Devil!

The Face of Aruba
Posted September 20, 2010 by Klaasend
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/09/20/the-face-of-aruba/

+++++

Klaas

I still cannot comment on the FP without my submission ending up in that SPAM file.  I appreciate your efforts in retrieving my comments but ....

Do you think I should discuss the issue with Dugga?

Thanks

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: September 20, 2010, 03:46:36 PM »

i was reading today the peruvian news and i read the killer  a very welk known  hair stilyst in peru was sentenced to a 37 years of jail. He did not get life in prison because he confeses his crime. this case maybe very similar to stephany case and the monster finally will receive his 30 years in jail..

Cecilita,
I have never doubted for one second that Peru will bring justice to Joran for what he did there!  If only Aruba had done the same, Stephany would still be alive!

And yes, he robbed and murdered so I don't see how he will get less than the 30+ year sentence despite his attorney babbling all kinds of nonsense.  That's what defense attorneys do.

Bet you were surprised that Beth went to see him, lol.  Oh to see his face when he found out she was there.

Thank you for this information on a similar case.  It is encouraging.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: September 20, 2010, 03:48:29 PM »

Not my favorite reporter but....

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this/2010/09/20/watts-up-with-this#endframe

Host Name:     Steph Watts
Show Name:    
Watts up With This

Date / Length:    9/19/2010 5:00 PM - 1 hr 1 min
Length:    1 hr 1 min
Description:

h:90737 s:1217704    
"JUSTICE IS JUST A CLICK AWAY" FACE TO FACE WITH JORAN VAN DER SLOOT- WHAT REALLY WENT ON WHEN NATALEE HOLOWAY'S MOTHER CONFRONTED JORAN VAN DER SLOOT IN A PERUVIAN JAIL - WE WILL TALK TO CASE INSIDERS - AND THE LATEST IN THE CASEY ANTHONY CASE WITH TEXAS EQUUSEARCHE'S TIM MILLER JOINING US....

If you listen to the podcast - Tim Miller is saying Dave Holloway collapsed on a boat and was taken to a hospital.  Robin is taking him to a cardiologist.  They are talking about stress levels. 

Hearts and prayers out to Dave Holloway.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: September 20, 2010, 03:49:41 PM »

Janet - I'll bring up the issue.  Maybe an update to the spam filter software is necessary.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: September 20, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »

Good Klaas.  Your picture just needed to be on the FP as that's the only place some "visitors" go for news of Natalee and Joran's other victims.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: September 20, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »

Good Klaas.  Your picture just needed to be on the FP as that's the only place some "visitors" go for news of Natalee and Joran's other victims.

FYI - When I post on the SM front page I can also link to the SM Facebook which I do.

Also, all forum posts and front page posts automatically go to the SM Twitter page.  That way more people can see it 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: September 20, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »

Not my favorite reporter but....

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this/2010/09/20/watts-up-with-this#endframe

Host Name:     Steph Watts
Show Name:    
Watts up With This

Date / Length:    9/19/2010 5:00 PM - 1 hr 1 min
Length:    1 hr 1 min
Description:

h:90737 s:1217704    
"JUSTICE IS JUST A CLICK AWAY" FACE TO FACE WITH JORAN VAN DER SLOOT- WHAT REALLY WENT ON WHEN NATALEE HOLOWAY'S MOTHER CONFRONTED JORAN VAN DER SLOOT IN A PERUVIAN JAIL - WE WILL TALK TO CASE INSIDERS - AND THE LATEST IN THE CASEY ANTHONY CASE WITH TEXAS EQUUSEARCHE'S TIM MILLER JOINING US....

If you listen to the podcast - Tim Miller is saying Dave Holloway collapsed on a boat and was taken to a hospital.  Robin is taking him to a cardiologist.  They are talking about stress levels. 

Hearts and prayers out to Dave Holloway.

THE TRAP DISTRACTION?

An Incredibly Cruel Hoax

The search for Natalee Holloway

TRANSCRIPT
By Chris Hansen
Correspondent
NBC News
updated 5:20 p.m. PT, Fri., Feb. 22, 2008

This bizarre story originated in the central American nation of Nicaragua.

It happened last month, when Natalee’s father Dave received a message from a man who called himself Marcos. He said he had important information about where they could find Natalee's body.

Dave Holloway: He said, "I’d done some wrongs in my past," and he said, "This is my way of making all of my wrongs and all of my sins and doing something right."

Dave was skeptical, but the phone and e-mail messages continued.

In them was a wild tale involving drug runners who said that on the night Natalee disappeared someone had paid them to take her body and dump it at sea.

They agreed but instead they took her remains with them to Nicaragua and hid them on a remote strip of the Atlantic coast.

Dave Holloway: It was a little bit far-fetched for me.

Chris Hansen: What did he want in return?

Dave Holloway: He told us he didn't want anything. And that is what part I started believing in this guy. I said we've got a reward out here.

In January, Dave Holloway asked Tim Miller to head to Nicaragua to arrange for a meeting...and to Miller's surprise, Marcos showed up.

Marcos: I didn't live an, um, exemplary life. I did a lot of wrong things and maybe this is just one way of trying to even up the, the score a little bit.

Marcos wouldn't allow his face to appear on camera, but he agreed to talk to Miller and even officials from the US embassy.

Chris Hansen: And what was the person from the embassy's take?

Tim Miller: The person from the embassy said, "You know what? I think we may have something here."

Together, Miller and Marcos came up with a plan: Marcos would take a GPS receiver to the location and leave it there. Miller, accompanied by local officials would follow the signal to the location and begin to dig.

The next morning Miller's phone rang. It was Marcos. The search, he said, had been a success. But there had been a change in plans. He had the body and would bring it to them in Managua.

Marcos: Tonight before the sun is up, we will be in Managua.

Tim Miller: He says that she was wrapped in a blanket and her body fell apart. He said, "but we had to put her in two ice chests." And he actually said, "call Mr. Holloway right now and tell him I’ve got Natalee."

Chris Hansen: So what do you do?

Tim Miller: I did not call Dave Holloway to say I have the body.

Chris Hansen: You've been down that road before.

Tim Miller: I’ve been down that road before.

Chris Hansen: Did you believe him?

Tim Miller: This time, I believed him.

But after waiting all night for Marcos to appear at the arranged location -- nothing.

Marcos never appeared again and Tim Miller and Dave Holloway are convinced Marcos pulled off an incredibly cruel hoax.

Dave Holloway: How would somebody stoop so low to do something like this?

Chris Hansen: How hurtful is that, when somebody does that to you?

Dave Holloway: Very hurtful. In fact, that was -- it's a wonder I’ve not had a major heart attack and died, you know.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23301056/page/5/

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman:
  After the Dec 30th dive John [Silvetti] didn't want Tim Miller on board the Persistence because he said Tim wasn't necessary any more and was a liability. I don't know what that exactly means, but Tim wasn't hurting anything except releasing the statements to the press and Holloways that we found Natalee.

Kyle Kingman: He (Tim Miller) stepped off on or about the 1st of Jan to follow up on the false lead in Costa Rica IIRC.

Kyle Kingman:  For Jan 7th, Eduardo wasn't on the boat, neither were any media, Tim Miller, or Tim Trahan.

Kermit - Scared Monkeys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: September 20, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »

Janet - I'll bring up the issue.  Maybe an update to the spam filter software is necessary.

Thanks Klaas

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: September 20, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »

(Continued)

Kyle Kingman:  I hadn't slept in 48 hours. I crashed for a few hours rest and by the time I got up Dateline and Tim Miller had left the boat. That is when John [Silvetti] assumed full control over the remainder of the project and had us searching in the deepest portions of our search area which coincided with Richardson's remarks. Richardson told us after the Jan-7th dive to keep searching in deep water.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.