May 13, 2024, 11:00:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 192645 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #660 on: January 25, 2009, 03:55:21 AM »

Yes, CBB - and I well remember the night you and Hummingbird blew the margins with a picture in the old forum.  And how much fun it was to watch the two of you posting up a storm to get to the next page so no one would see what you had done.   

Of course Klaas logged in next morning and presto!  pic was resized.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #661 on: January 25, 2009, 03:57:53 AM »

CBB thank you - I keep my avatars safely in my photobucket.  I will don my Valentine finery after Australia Day on 26 January.

Still hanging on upside down here LOL.  Hope all is well with you.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
crazybabyborg
« Reply #662 on: January 25, 2009, 04:00:46 AM »

Yes, CBB - and I well remember the night you and Hummingbird blew the margins with a picture in the old forum.  And how much fun it was to watch the two of you posting up a storm to get to the next page so no one would see what you had done.   

Oh, I remember it WELL!!! She wasn't a hummingbird at all! She was a chicken !! She was going to LEAVE me!!! 

I didn't log in until the next night, hoping no one would remember it.................. yeah, THAT worked just great! 
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: January 25, 2009, 04:04:46 AM »

Well, Hello!

Had to come back in and say hello! to you.

You know, people just don't blow the margins anymore.Guess we have come a long way. Remember the Bus??? I was shy then and didn't have an avatar so missed the Bus! Weren't we always looking for Bendix? Wonder how he is?

I am laughing so hard. I forgot what the first avatar looked like. Oh I've had the extreme makeover. I googled monkeys and found this imp. and now I have a hat, a flag and a rose that moves!!!

Thank everyone! Love, IBE   Am feeling much, much better! Thanks~

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #664 on: January 25, 2009, 04:05:24 AM »

Hey, IBE? You're still online, are you watching this? Tibro's telling tales on me!! You know better, don't you? I would never, ever blow the margins.   

Tibro, I'm fine, and I hope you are too. I miss seeing you, but I've been spending most of my time on Caylee's thread. I never abandon Nat's thread, but there's just so little news. Someday, hopefully, there will be justice there.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: January 25, 2009, 04:05:54 AM »

Oh, I remember it WELL!!! She wasn't a hummingbird at all! She was a chicken !! She was going to LEAVE me!!! 

I didn't log in until the next night, hoping no one would remember it.................. yeah, THAT worked just great! 

Was that before the 1st crash?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2009, 04:08:16 AM »

What is a "margin"

I can't even do a tiny URL! U are ?? what?

Ok bye, I think.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: January 25, 2009, 04:09:34 AM »

Do you think we can get ROBOTS back? I miss him.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #668 on: January 25, 2009, 04:10:14 AM »

Well, Hello!

Had to come back in and say hello! to you.

You know, people just don't blow the margins anymore.Guess we have come a long way. Remember the Bus??? I was shy then and didn't have an avatar so missed the Bus! Weren't we always looking for Bendix? Wonder how he is?

I am laughing so hard. I forgot what the first avatar looked like. Oh I've had the extreme makeover. I googled monkeys and found this imp. and now I have a hat, a flag and a rose that moves!!!

Thank everyone! Love, IBE   Am feeling much, much better! Thanks~

GOOD! I was hoping you would join me in the laugh I got out of it! Well, if you've arrived at laughter, I'm going to hit the monkey bunky. Take care, and I'll look for you tomorrow, IBE!

(There's a secret to why I don't blow the margins anymore. They made me a mod so I could delete them when I do. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, ok?)

Night and God Bless, IBE and Tibro!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #669 on: January 25, 2009, 04:11:45 AM »

Glad you are feeling better IBE.  Laughter is the best medicine.
I have always loved your cute little avatar with such a big smile.

The bus was before my time as a monkey.  I don't post a lot these days but do follow all the latest on Natalee's case.  Was interested in the Maddie McCann case also but tried not to get too wrapped up in Caylee thread.  Just too draining when it was so obvious what had happened. 

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #670 on: January 25, 2009, 04:14:08 AM »

Nite CBB and take care.  I have enjoyed spending time with you and IBE.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: January 25, 2009, 05:02:59 AM »

Somewhere back on p22 there was a discussion on crashes, computer security. I subscribe to this newletter and would recommend it for everyone You get the info before it ever comes on TV, if at all!

in the last month there have been security concerns for IE, Firefox, Apple Quicktime (remember the Windows "Quicktime" is Apple Quicktime, Facebook and a bunch others. I will try to post them)

Here's the one about Quicktime for all our computers I put into the "bold" font.
(This CERT is Computer Emergency Response Team, I think via Purdue etc, not the CERT in your hometown which is Community Emergency Response TeaM)

From:  US-CERT Technical Alerts <technical-alerts@us-cert.gov&gt... 
To: technical-alerts@us-cert.gov
Subject: US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA09-022A -- Apple QuickTime Updates for Multiple Vulnerabilities
Date: Jan 22, 2009 2:47 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

National Cyber Alert System

Technical Cyber Security Alert TA09-022A

Apple QuickTime Updates for Multiple Vulnerabilities

Original release date: January 22, 2009
   Last revised: --
   Source: US-CERT
Systems Affected
 * Apple QuickTime 7.5 for Windows and Mac OS X
Overview
   Apple has released QuickTime 7.6 to correct multiple
   vulnerabilities affecting QuickTime for Mac OS X and Windows.
   Attackers may be able to exploit these vulnerabilities to execute
   arbitrary code or cause a denial of service.
(From IBE: I think Denial of Service is where you are signing, or going onto a site and get knocked off)

I. Description

Apple QuickTime 7.6 addresses a number of vulnerabilities affecting
   QuickTime. An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by
   convincing a user to access a specially crafted media or movie
   file. This file could be hosted on a web page or sent via email.

II. Impact

The impacts of these vulnerabilities vary. Potential consequences
   include arbitrary code execution and denial of service.

III. Solution

Upgrade to QuickTime 7.6. This and other updates are available via
   Software Update or via Apple Downloads.

IV. References

* About the security content of QuickTime 7.6 -
   http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3403

* Apple Support Downloads - http://support.apple.com/downloads/

* Mac OS X - updating your software -
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1338?viewlocale=en_US

* Securing Your Web Browser -
   https://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/

The most recent version of this document can be found at:

http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA09-022A.html

Feedback can be directed to US-CERT Technical Staff. Please send
   email to <cert@cert.org> with "TA09-022A Feedback VU#703068" in
   the subject.

For instructions on subscribing to or unsubscribing from this
   mailing list, visit http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/signup.html.

Produced 2009 by US-CERT, a government organization.

Terms of use:
       http://www.us-cert.gov/legal.html

Revision History

January 22, 2009: Initial release

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)

iQEVAwUBSXj25HIHljM+H4irAQKNIgf+LSBKBzHWdjxmJgYw3vYmAXtwpUxAVThs
Ma4vIB1vSjv8Us83S2XrKIGcKrdPgQgeS7Vji9WRMmlzEv/AYlFJseqq17ufGely
5YosATUh+C0SjY6OAYeJNYMws7fgGcGJagtfQp0gJTRLruknEoB/iqlASBQ7MtNg
7viHKIR8r2BxCNB1A4ir1kzPELIHFF/pmmuaD+E2PnxH1XtYLM9b9t6xbkjie2PG
vEwv7JCGH/RrJtst480ZMIHOghsZ0ONoMkTjZB7o5S0ww3guktGOMB+/QiZI8eFB
KbU6nB6JGscZ8Fb1E4K3yOU9MvpzEfurIvYmyMcAdxFCiq5CSUjOug==
=B5D3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: January 25, 2009, 07:03:25 AM »

IBE  I didn't mean to abandon you.  I knew you were in good hands with all your monkey buddies.  I had to run.  Our neighbors home burnt down.  They have lost everything.  Thankfully they all got out safely.  They were able to save the dog, but their kitty cat perished.  I've been running them cloths, shoes, coats, coffee, and just being there for them.   They of course are devistated.  Their son is away at school so thankfully he has some things.  Their daughter also has an apartment at her college so she has some things.  Mark and Linda lost everything.  Please keep them in your prayers.

I have seen hundreds of fires these past years with the business that we are in, but I have never had to stand with someone and watch everything they own be destroyed.  I felt so helpless.  It truly gives me a whole new perspective.

Please keep the Schmitz family in your prayers.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: January 25, 2009, 09:50:31 AM »

Yes, on hiatus, they go off and come back thinner and prettier and I'd come back older!!

You probably know this... they say Knots Landing was a spin off of Dallas   It wasn't. It was written before Dallas
Oh I forgot Vince VanPatten and Eric Shaw (he was killed in real life) and (sr. moment) Petersen.

If you ever see the reruns of How the West Was Won (series) you can tell James Arness's standin when he's riding a horse for he wears his hat lower!! Both are soooo good looking. Both so very nice. Filming was next to Malibu Creek State park and in the park, Kanab Utah, Tucson, AZ and Colo. They never took the kids to Colo.

Swiss Family Robinson was done in Malibu Creek State park and if you go on their site you can see the Mt. that was "used" as the volcano.

I have come across some not so nice in the Industry, but seriously, I don't remember their names and since I still live in a film town.. I'd be wise not to say them even if I could remember!

In Los Angeles tourism is the #1 moneymaker and the Film Industry the next.

I buy picts and posters, et al on eBay now. Now I won't get in "trouble"

Will be on for a few moments and since I am on a run, is there anything I might answer for you, for you all have helped me soooo much tonight!

I didn't know that IBE. Thanks!  I was a huge fan of both.

I'm not a night person, so I  get to 'read' you after the fact. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with so much at the same time. I know how strong you are, but I wish you would get a little break from having to prove it.

Please take care of yourself, IBE. As klaas says -- listen to your body.

And IBE and I share something pretty significant as well 

big hugs and warmest wishes
sharon 

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #674 on: January 25, 2009, 10:42:33 AM »

I agree Sharon, only the best wishes for IBE for her health ! She's always such a kind person to all.

I also have to say this surely has been an interesting thread to read this morning, with all the volunteering of information from posters not seen on SM often anymore.

Some of what was posted may be accurate, I don't really want to know anything about the grumbling site - however I will post some of what has been posted by a few I do know is inaccurate. Another forum IMO has become the flashpoint for a lot of the dissension and drive-by's on SM and on Klaas. It mimics the monkey site and I just will not swallow that two posters who posted here last night, are completely without blame or participation in this. I've spent just enough time in their chat (foolish mistake) to know who resents SM and who has served as catalysts to try to undermine SM,  one more reason why I'm not interested in being a member there.

I may not always agree with all policies or activities at any given forum but I also don't have the personal need to control all others or to undermine a forum. The trail of posters they have impacted negatively, or attacked, or hurt personally now is long and just continues to grow. Lately they seem driven to try to destroy any other forum but their monkey one or their grumble one.

So if you peek out of your hidey hole to post, at least have the decency not to waste other's time by posting more lies.

Thank you very much.

I continue to stand with the girl.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #675 on: January 25, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »

IBE.... just logged on and hope you are feeling better today! I had to tell you that I enjoyed reading your posts from last night. I remember blowing those margins well...and I love your new avi!!!
Huggs......
Cubbee

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #676 on: January 25, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »

Hi IBE, I was sad last nite too.  Sea Searcher and Janet and Klaasend all posted songs for me.  It was wonderful. 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: January 25, 2009, 12:05:26 PM »

Hi IBE, I was sad last nite too.  Sea Searcher and Janet and Klaasend all posted songs for me.  It was wonderful. 

Hi monks!  I'm sorry I missed seeing you earlier IBE.  Everytime I look over in the left side of my screen and see your sweet monkey avatar, it makes me smile.  You are a good soul, IBE.

None ~  It's good to see you..  From what I've gathered from your posts, you are very busy these days.  Please come back and let us know how you, little None and your son are. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: January 25, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »

Awww A-1, I'm sorry you were feeling blue last night.     {{hugs}} and hoping today will be better for you.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: January 25, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »

Thank you MuffyBee- its funny, they knew exactlly what I needed. 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.