May 14, 2024, 05:05:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #17 6/21/10 - 7/08/10  (Read 457274 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: June 24, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »

One more thing Northern Rose - I don't think you could get away with not having something homemade at the party, not with your reputation and cooking.  No way, can't happen wink wink.
Can't type - revised to read properly. geeesh
And I agree with you, they know she is good at cooking and baking so the kids will be wanting that.  Unless Northern you want me to fly up there and help, and I will warn the kids that my cooking will be on the schedule?

Get the jet warmed up all help is welcome!  I would bake but it is still so hot up here (not that I am complaining about the heat Brandi) , just too hot to have the oven on.   I was thinking of BBQ'ng and then doing worms on a stick as dessert and  jello made in muffin tins and then placed to form a big caterpillar as the cake.  The time to do this is what I do not have right now.
That sounds great, the kids will love that. I would love to fly up and help, would love to get out of here. Can your daughter maybe help with the food?     Update,  plummer coming between 8 and 1 tomorrow. Does anyone know why when you call for home repairs they give you such a big time schedule?  Will it be closer to 8 or closer to 1?

She is going paintballing with her older brother on Saturday to not be around for the chaos
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #641 on: June 24, 2010, 12:42:38 PM »

One more thing Northern Rose - I don't think you could get away with not having something homemade at the party, not with your reputation and cooking.  No way, can't happen wink wink.
And I agree with you, they know she is good at cooking and baking so the kids will be wanting that.  Unless Northern you want me to fly up there and help, and I will warn the kids that my cooking will be on the schedule?

Get the jet warmed up all help is welcome!  I would bake but it is still so hot up here (not that I am complaining about the heat Brandi) , just too hot to have the oven on.   I was thinking of BBQ'ng and then doing worms on a stick as dessert and  jello made in muffin tins and then placed to form a big caterpillar as the cake.  The time to do this is what I do not have right now.
That sounds great, the kids will love that. I would love to fly up and help, would love to get out of here. Can your daughter maybe help with the food?     Update,  plummer coming between 8 and 1 tomorrow. Does anyone know why when you call for home repairs they give you such a big time schedule?  Will it be closer to 8 or closer to 1?
Coffee Breaks, a little work, coffee breaks, a little work......that is a tough schedule to predict I mean the work part could go anywhere from 10 - 15 minutes ya know.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #642 on: June 24, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »

Today's installment of As No Rose's World Turns.  What did No Rose do when she heard dripping coming out of the ceiling hole? When she ran upstairs and told Mr No Rose stop the shower now, what was Mr No Rose's reaction standing there covered in soap? After figuring it was the shower part, and not the tub part that was leaking, how did No Rose get clean in an inch of tub water? What will happen when Mr No Rose calls their maintanence policy that they have been paying since March? Will everything go good, will it be another disaster? What will be No Rose's reaction this evening when CNN does a documentary tonight Gary and Tony have a baby? Will she keep calm, will she break the TV?  Stay tuned.
OMG, I am literally laughing my azz off right now No Rose.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #643 on: June 24, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »

JSM that is true it is definitely cold there in the winter.  It was a Fun Fetti Cake mix with Fun Fetti Frosting  LOL  I made a sheet cake and decorated it with candles and clowns, it looked like crap, but the kids enjoyed it for some unknown reason.  Northern, with your daughter not going to be there, I guess we will all have to fly up and help with the party, sounds like fun.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: June 24, 2010, 12:47:56 PM »

Today's installment of As No Rose's World Turns.  What did No Rose do when she heard dripping coming out of the ceiling hole? When she ran upstairs and told Mr No Rose stop the shower now, what was Mr No Rose's reaction standing there covered in soap? After figuring it was the shower part, and not the tub part that was leaking, how did No Rose get clean in an inch of tub water? What will happen when Mr No Rose calls their maintanence policy that they have been paying since March? Will everything go good, will it be another disaster? What will be No Rose's reaction this evening when CNN does a documentary tonight Gary and Tony have a baby? Will she keep calm, will she break the TV?  Stay tuned.
OMG, I am literally laughing my azz off right now No Rose.
Tomorrow's installment will be what happens with the plumber. I guess they are going to have to make a hole in the ceiling and fix it from there, good thing I helped with the hole, so now they won't have as much work  LOL
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #645 on: June 24, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »

Morning to all!  (hey I can still call it morning, got 20 minutes til noon. grins)

Trimm, my guess is that you are a morning person?  I daresay you are the one that leaps out of bed in the morning, flings the curtains wide open and declares it to be the best day ever!!!  ??  Amiright?  <giggles>

Your earliest posts in the mornings say 5'ish, but could be wrong, cuz rarely are my eyes open well enough to read those numbers.  Personally, I think 'mornings' ought to be outlawed, or at least begin around noon.  heh.  Which by then, am guessing half your day is gone.  LOL 

Lub you Trimm!  And as much as I may bi@tch about mornings, your bright and cheerful greetings do wake me up a bit, and help get the day started better.  Thank you! 

Cuz otherwise, this would be the best I could offer, when I come straggling in 5-8 hours later than you.  <grins> 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: June 24, 2010, 12:50:07 PM »

Good morning Wyks, hope all is going well. You have my thoughts and prayers for what happened with the tornado that went through, just awful.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: June 24, 2010, 12:50:18 PM »

Hi Northern. Thanks for the prayers for my family.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #648 on: June 24, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »

JSM that is true it is definitely cold there in the winter.  It was a Fun Fetti Cake mix with Fun Fetti Frosting  LOL  I made a sheet cake and decorated it with candles and clowns, it looked like crap, but the kids enjoyed it for some unknown reason.  Northern, with your daughter not going to be there, I guess we will all have to fly up and help with the party, sounds like fun.
I bet it looked good and tasted good too.  I would love to head up to Canada, especially the western part where Northern is - it is soooo beautiful there.  Hmmm should we rent a motor home and head out?

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #649 on: June 24, 2010, 01:03:50 PM »

Hi Wyks, good to see you.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: June 24, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »

I bet it looked good and tasted good too.  I would love to head up to Canada, especially the western part where Northern is - it is soooo beautiful there.  Hmmm should we rent a motor home and head out?
Oh please, can we  LOL  I will go anywhere okay?  Let's just have fun, no worries, and talk nonsense  LOL
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: June 24, 2010, 01:06:27 PM »

When the clowns were gone on the cake, I got scared, this was a classroom of 5 year olds, I was scared one of them ate the plastic clowns.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: June 24, 2010, 01:09:37 PM »

I have got to get outside and feed the birds, before they revolt, and water the plants.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: June 24, 2010, 01:23:22 PM »

I have got to get outside and feed the birds, before they revolt, and water the plants.
LOL be careful!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #654 on: June 24, 2010, 01:48:07 PM »

Good morning Wyks, hope all is going well. You have my thoughts and prayers for what happened with the tornado that went through, just awful.

Hi Rosie! 

Thank you so much!  <hugs>  Things are looking all back to normal 'round here, everyone helping each other.  It was very heartwarming. 

I have an air conditioner that future-DIL's-daddy plunked down in the middle of the livingroom, telling youngest son, 'put that in your mom's room', then left.  We all looking at each other like ... huh?  LOL  None of us know how to do THAT!!  Well.... at cleanup central this morning, one of the men (who I didn't even know until the tornado) came over and said to me, 'Is 4p ok for me to come over and put that AC in for ya's?'  I was like... yesssssssssssss!    And in turn, my youngest is going to his place to help install a shower, which he does know how to do.  It's very cool how folks help each other out with what they each know. 

Just have to ask... Been calling you Rosie, NoRose, and NRCG... lol  Do you have a preference?  Was just thinking that maybe Rosie is contradicting your whole nic. 

You are cracking me up today!!  Love your sense of humor! 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #655 on: June 24, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0624/In-Gulf-oil-spill-war-cleanup-foot-soldiers-threaten-mutiny

This is the local sentiment........we are mad as he77 and not going to sit back and listen to empty promises and rhetoric from BP or the Admin (Coast Guard)

In Gulf oil spill 'war,' cleanup foot soldiers threaten mutiny
Claims problems and mixed messages from the Gulf oil spill unified command structure has local leaders from Pensacola to Plaquemines Parish fuming as the Gulf comes under what some call a 'tarball attack.'

Coast Guard Capt. Mary Austin, Incident Commander for Louisiana, speaks to residents at an open house for information and assistance with the BP claims process, in Lafitte, La. on Tuesday.
By Patrik Jonsson, Staff writer / June 24, 2010

Pensacola, Fla.
Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, President Obama's pointman on the Gulf oil spill, has called the effort to contain the runaway Macondo well and keep its crude release off beaches and out of marshes "an insidious war."

How an Alabama fire chief risked jail to save town from Gulf oil spill Gulf oil spill: Pensacola Beach covered in tar balls Gulf oil spill: Americans pitch their ideas for cleaning it up But if the framing of the Deepwater Horizon accident and its aftermath has morphed from disaster rhetoric to war imagery, local officials say the shared BP and Washington response has suffered from a lack of situational awareness, racking up a long list of battlefield mistakes that is hampering efforts to keep tens of millions of gallons of gooey crude from coming ashore in the kind of "tarball attack" that hit Pensacola Beach Wednesday.

"You've got a militia sitting in this room," Gulf County commissioner Bill Williams told Coast Guard and BP officials in a combative meeting on Wednesday. "They can either be with you or against you."

The Coast Guard has admitted that it has failed to both anticipate and control the 2,500 square mile oil slick that's hiding in the waters off places like Perdido Key, Orange Beach and Plaquemines Parish, resolving to do better.

In recent weeks, the joint BP-Coast Guard Unified Command has created four regional command centers with the goal of pushing command and control down to spill level to better orchestrate the movement of boom and skimmers as the spill evolves.

Allen said Wednesday he hopes BP's replacement of Tony Hayward with Mississippi-born Bob Dudley as the spill response manager will improve communication and movement of resources.

"BP's decision to greater response organization for the Gulf ... is a very, very good decision," Allen said Thursday.

Earlier in the week Allen touted the success of the operation. "We have marshaled the largest response in our nation's history, and we have continued to adapt and evolve this response at every turn," he said.

But local officials say they've seen little improvement as their requests get bounced around, ignored or even opposed.

The main problem, they say, is the confusing command structure, which to them seems to have too many generals and not enough battlefield commanders, thus gumming up the ability of local leaders to react to approaching oil.

"How can you fight a war when you don't let the people on the ground make decisions," says Escambia County Commission Chairman Grover Robinson. "You're going to lose that war."

Mr. Robinson told the Monitor that requests for more help after a large swath of oil washed up on Pensacola Beach Tuesday night were initially rebuffed because central command in Mobile said they couldn't put certain kinds of equipment on a national seashore. But most of Santa Rosa Island is a public beach. "How could they not know that?" Robinson said.

In Plaquemines Parish, Mr. Nungesser blamed "government bureaucratics" for shutting down construction of a piece of a new protective berm structure over concerns they were dredging an area outside the allowed perimeter, possibly damaging the natural sand dunes. The delay came as northwesterly winds drove the spill toward the Chandeleur Islands. Two weeks ago, the Coast Guard temporarily shut down a barge pumping operation run by the state of Louisiana because the boats didn't have enough life vests aboard.

“We have told ... the Army Corps of Engineers and every federal agency that we are in an emergency situation here," Gov. Bobby Jindal said Wednesday. "This is a disaster for our state. Days count. Hours count. We cannot wait for more conference calls and meetings for discussions. We need to adapt to the situation on the ground...."

Many are pointing to the inadequacy of the Oil Protection Act of 1990, which didn't anticipate a Gulf disaster of this magnitude. President Obama has said "The buck stops with me" on response to the oil spill, but that has also set him up for criticism of a management style that tends toward careful deliberation, not rapid on-the-ground decisions.

Part of the problem is having BP in charge of the purse strings, says Robinson. The struggling multinational has vowed repeatedly to pay all claims and costs, but the route of the money is far from clear in a constantly changing claims structure. Robinson said his county has had to go through three different claims processes to get paid for nearly $2 million in local expenses, but has yet to receive a check.

On the largely Republican-leaning Gulf Coast, the failure to ramp up both a symbolic and even real military effort to fight the slick has become, to many, indicative of a federal relief effort beholden to BP, even as the administration criticizes the oil giant.

"I’m just so frustrated because I can’t get a straight answer, I can’t see any sense of urgency yet in this administration," Sen. George Lemieux (R) of Florida tells blogger Ed Morrissey. "When I meet with the Navy and the Coast Guard, no one seems to be in charge. We’re the greatest country in the world and we can’t marshal the resources to suck up this oil before it gets on our beaches."

As a result, local communities and counties are starting to work outside the command structure to protect what Santa Rosa Island Authority member Tom Campanella called "sacred" beaches and marshes, some even risking jail in the process. But such battle rank dissension could just as well hamper, not help, the overall response.

The reaction from local officials is beginning to closely resemble reaction in Alaska to the Exxon Valdez disaster in 1989, as anger, depression, and a sense of inevitable doom struggle for outlets as the oil comes ashore.
"We're trying to explain to people this is going to be a long-term situation – the table is set just like in 1989. Everyone is very, very distracted, maximally disrupted, they're expressing anger," sociologist Steven Picou tells McClatchy newspapers.

Sorry to rant here, but if I don't I'll lose it big time......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: June 24, 2010, 01:53:05 PM »

Hi Wyks, glad you are okay.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #657 on: June 24, 2010, 02:02:32 PM »

Hi Wyks, good to see you.

Hi Mission! 

Thanks so much!  It's good to see you too!  Oh yessss, Grama's cellar/basement.  Skeeery!  More skeery than the reason we were down there, eh?  lol  My Grama (like most I guess) did her canning in that cellar, and kept all that stuff down there cuz (like others have said) it was so dark and cool.  At times tho it was comforting to me -- when I didn't 'need' to be down there, but chose to be.  If that makes sense.  Maybe cuz I didn't have to clean it?  LOL  Dirt floors, walls, etc.  Does anyone still have those old cellar type places?  Hers was under their house.  Old old house up in the mountains in No. Calif.  Guess insurance companies, etc. would have a fit in this day and age??

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: June 24, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »

Hi Rosie! 

Thank you so much!  <hugs>  Things are looking all back to normal 'round here, everyone helping each other.  It was very heartwarming. 

I have an air conditioner that future-DIL's-daddy plunked down in the middle of the livingroom, telling youngest son, 'put that in your mom's room', then left.  We all looking at each other like ... huh?  LOL  None of us know how to do THAT!!  Well.... at cleanup central this morning, one of the men (who I didn't even know until the tornado) came over and said to me, 'Is 4p ok for me to come over and put that AC in for ya's?'  I was like... yesssssssssssss!    And in turn, my youngest is going to his place to help install a shower, which he does know how to do.  It's very cool how folks help each other out with what they each know. 

Just have to ask... Been calling you Rosie, NoRose, and NRCG... lol  Do you have a preference?  Was just thinking that maybe Rosie is contradicting your whole nic. 

You are cracking me up today!!  Love your sense of humor! 

So glad that the air conditioner will be put in for you, thank goodness for that. How cool everyone helping and things looking back to normal, great to hear that. When we had the two wildfires here, neighbors were all helping each other, that was so good to see also.  It would be a honor to be called Rosie, that was my mom's nickname.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #659 on: June 24, 2010, 02:09:41 PM »

Hi Wyks, glad you are okay.

Hi JSM! 

And thank you so much!  Have fun in Chicago this weekend!  Gooooooo England!  Very Happy  Hope you have a safe trip there and back, and am looking forward to updates when possible! 

<hugs> to Josef!  Bet he will have the growlies when you get back.  Smile

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.