May 26, 2024, 08:19:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 265655 times)
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #560 on: June 23, 2005, 09:59:33 PM »

For the DUTCHIES OUT HERE

www.telegraaf.nl
do 23 jun 2005, 21:51  
Nederlandse rechter op Aruba gearresteerd
ORANJESTAD - De Nederlandse rechter Paul van der S. is donderdag op Aruba gearresteerd. Dat zegt onderzoeksleider Jan van der Straten. Zijn aanhouding heeft te maken met de verdwijning van de 18-jarige Amerikaanse scholiere Natalee Holloway, inmiddels ruim drie weken geleden.

De gearresteerde rechter Paul van der S.

De 17-jarige zoon van Van der S., Joran, werd ruim twee weken geleden gearresteerd. Hij wordt verdacht van moord, doodslag of ontvoering met de dood tot gevolg. Van Holloway ontbreekt ieder spoor sinds zij verdween na een schoolreisje. In de nacht van donderdag op vrijdag (Nederlandse tijd) wordt bepaald of de hechtenis van de rechter wordt verlengd met 48 uur. Zijn arrestatie is de zevende in deze zaak. Behalve Joran zitten twee van zijn vrienden vast, de Surinaamse broers Deepak (21) en Satish (18) K. Ook de 26-jarige Steve C., dj op een partyschip, zit nog vast.

De vrouw van Van Der S. reageert tijdens een persconferentie donderdag geëmotioneerd op het nieuws van de arrestatie van haar man.

De twee eerder aangehouden bewakers van een hotel zijn inmiddels weer op vrije voeten. Ze bleken niets met de zaak te maken te hebben. Waarvan rechter Van der S. wordt verdacht, is niet duidelijk. Hij werd afgelopen weekeinde al twee keer door de politie verhoord.

Het Openbaar Ministerie voorkwam eerder dat de rechter zijn zoon in de gevangenis bezocht. De officier van justitie was bang dat hij Joran zou kunnen beïnvloeden. De moeder mocht wel bij hem op bezoek.

Joran, Deepak en Satish zijn de laatsten die in het gezelschap van Holloway werden gesignaleerd. Van hun oorspronkelijke verhaal dat ze de scholiere na een avondje stappen Aruba hebben laten zien en haar vervolgens hebben afgezet bij haar hotel, bleek niets te kloppen.

De vermiste Natalee Holloway.

Wat er wel is gebeurd is nog een compleet raadsel. De politie gaat er vanuit dat Holloway door een misdrijf om het leven is gekomen ook al is er geen lichaam gevonden. Er wordt nog met man en macht naar het meisje gezocht.

Only the facts
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #561 on: June 23, 2005, 09:59:53 PM »

arubagirl, are there any rumors regarding the Sloot family finances? Gambling/drug debts?
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #562 on: June 23, 2005, 10:00:29 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
[Dunno that is closer than I thought but he wouldn't have carried her home or elsewhere without a vechicle.

Could he have given her the drink at his apartment?
Dublin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #563 on: June 23, 2005, 10:00:33 PM »

I thought I read about another kidnapping/extortion plot gone wrong of a child in Aruba. I think the police had a special team that got this situation under control right away.  However, there was also a request for money right away and I don't think that has happened in this case yet, unless they're holding that info close to the chest. ( so to speak)
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #564 on: June 23, 2005, 10:00:35 PM »

Quote from: "gaijin"
Quote from: "iquitos"

-"Paulus is held on reasonable suspicion of involvement in her disappearance.  suspected of the same charges as other suspects."

any possibility that this is a language barrier thing here? I mean, that is a major distinction in charge...

OK excuse my ignorance , are the charges that they are being held on considered major charges in Aruba or just charges to hold them to get more imformation.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: June 23, 2005, 10:00:51 PM »

I just want to say hi to all the lurkers and you know who you are. Dive right in and tell us all what you think.
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #566 on: June 23, 2005, 10:01:21 PM »

Quote from: "kshe78"
Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "Shellbell"
Greta is going to get journalist of the year I swear.  She put Geraldo in the dirt.

then again it doesn't take much, even Dan Rather could leave Geraldo in the dirt

Greta is no doubt the envy of the American media right now, good!!!

I had Fox News on my XM Radio today (awesome, by the way - I have to work all day - but I still get to hear everything they say on Fox without a TV!).  I heard one of the anchors ask Greta where she was going next (this was after she had interviewed the Kalpoe's mother).  She said she had a plan, but wasn't going to divulge it b/c the last time she did CNN sent a camera there within 20 minutes, or something like that.  It was actually pretty funny!

Off topic for a minute........ I am a complete Fox News Addict, have been for years.  It becomes addictive after awaile.  

Don't flame me, I love Fox News.  

I also voted for Bush!!!  

Back on topic now...............
tuberide
Scared Monkey

« Reply #567 on: June 23, 2005, 10:01:30 PM »

GVS sure is smiling alot today/tonight,,,,,much more pronounced than normal...anyone notice? Razz

also, i feel like PAPAStool instructed and oversaw the "deepak email"

think positive
harleymom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #568 on: June 23, 2005, 10:01:37 PM »

Could the kidnapping not be one for ransom but to sell her to the brothels or another island?
wwizard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #569 on: June 23, 2005, 10:01:40 PM »

Quote from: "wwizard"
Quote from: "arrabba"
BH said that jvds and kalpoes kidnapped her daughter.

I think she means they kidnapped NH initially - at CnCs,  that NH did not go with them willingly.  Perhaps she was drugged and did not have the capacity to make willing choices.

My thought too
 if anything, natalee was tipsy.  not enough time for the boys to drug at the bar.  is it kidnappinf if you take somebody on a ride and do not bring them safely back?  remember there is a kidnapping charge so maybe there is an extortion angle. and the twittys have set up a bank account and are announcing what they have but are getting no bited?  i bet the tips are gushing in.

To me, its kidnapping when they are carried to a boat for export.

Serpentine and don't bunch up.
Dublin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #570 on: June 23, 2005, 10:01:48 PM »

This may be unrelated, given Paul's arrest, but thought it worth noting for those who think human trafficking could be related:

Police discover a group of illegal Haitians in Antigua-Barbuda

ST. JOHN'S, Antigua:  Immigration officials in Antigua have launched an investigation into what is believed to be the illegal entry of some 30 Haitians who landed on the sister island of Barbuda.
One visitor staying at a local hotel told Caribbean Net News that the Haitians were being observed as they landed on Barbuda from a boat.

Police in St John's said that at present there are 29 individuals - 15 females and 14 males - in the care of law enforcement officials while the search is on for another person who is believed to have "gotten away" and is hiding on Barbuda. A police source told Caribbean Net News that the men will be housed at the Immigration Department while the women will stay at the Defence Force headquarters until they depart the State.

Three weeks ago, police on the island of Nevis arrested a group of Haitians who had landed on that island while en route to the Dutch/French island of St.Maarten. Police in Nevis reported that, five days after, another group of twenty-one Haitians also landed on St. Kitts and it has been reported that the Haitians who landed on Barbuda were also reported to be on their way to St.Maarten.

Officials in St. John's could not confirm the existence of a human trafficking ring for Haitians but said they are carrying out a full investigation into the matter. (Sarrah Hadeed/Caribbean Net News Antigua-Barbuda Correspondent)

10 juni 2005
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #571 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:01 PM »

Quote from: "Dublin"
I thought I read about another kidnapping/extortion plot gone wrong of a child in Aruba. I think the police had a special team that got this situation under control right away.  However, there was also a request for money right away and I don't think that has happened in this case yet, unless they're holding that info close to the chest. ( so to speak)

gone wrong how? i ve never heard this.. come on....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #572 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:18 PM »

Quote from: "Terry"
Quote from: "WonderWoman"
Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "absolut"
Ok I am going to be a bit of a downer.

If Natalee is still alive ON THE ISLAND. At this point the people holding her would have figured out sometime of ransom deal at best or plea deal to get the patsy's out of jail.

Her family and this case has been front and center for them. But never a request for say 1million dollars no threats nothing. There also doesn't seem to be chatter on the island to support this. There was then the chatter just ended.

wait a minute, just because we haven't heard about any ransom demands, are we sure there haven't been any demands and might explain the unusual FBI presence????

I know we think Mrs. H is just in denial but........

which would explain them (media)keeping all of us going crazy over other news that seems so UNreal. If the info of ransom, etc. leaks, she dies. The FBI was involved almost immediately.

WW, could be a ransom that we have not heard about?

I dunno, If I knew it was a kidnap situation, and I had to keep pretending like I was searching for her, I would seem rather upbeat knowing she was alive, yet it would be very difficult to keep up the facade when the investigation into who? and where? was taking so DAMN long!!
kuaitzu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #573 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:20 PM »

If there was a ransom demand...would be be able to know? I don't think we would in hopes of keeping her alive. Kidnappings with ransoms would be better kept under the wraps especially since Natalee's disappearance is kept in the media 24/7.[/quote]

Keep in mind the "reward for safe return of Natalee" just doubled in the last couple of days??? From $75K to $150K

A lie has a certain weight for those that tend to believe it.
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #574 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:20 PM »

Quote from: "icey"
Did you see Beth Holloway's interview?

My heart goes out to her, she really can't go home without closure. Can you even imagine her pain and suffering on a trip home and entering her home without closure to her daughters disappearance????

Beth is strong now, but her home is now a thing to dread. Too many memories, and Natalee's room just as she left it. Probably welcome home Natalee stuff from before she went missing.

I know I would not be able to deal with it, no way.

God Bless Natalee's family and give them strength.

icey

Hi, Icey--Glad to see your post.  Did anyone ever reply to you about your wanting to see if you could get a Natalee bracelet or prayer card?

If not, you can send a PM to Monkeymember "KKM" and talk to her about the bracelets.

Go up to the "Memberlist" up at the top of the page and click it, then look on the list for "KKM" - there should be a "PM" button you can click to send her a Private Message.  Hope that helps.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #575 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:26 PM »

dad VdS: "I hope...he can stand up"       while momma VdS looks at him like he is an alien, like he just said something that got her attention

my interpretation
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #576 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:30 PM »

I presume that the cops investigated. I have no idea if they followed up on those rumours or not.

If the person knew what he/she was doing, if the coast guard didn't catch them, if there weren't any people around, it is my opinion that they could get away with it.

I haven't seen the show, wouldn't dare to comment on the language thing.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #577 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:31 PM »

Quote from: "wwizard"
Quote from: "arrabba"
BH said that jvds and kalpoes kidnapped her daughter.

I think she means they kidnapped NH initially - at CnCs,  that NH did not go with them willingly.  Perhaps she was drugged and did not have the capacity to make willing choices.

My thought too
 if anything, natalee was tipsy.  not enough time for the boys to drug at the bar.  is it kidnappinf if you take somebody on a ride and do not bring them safely back?  remember there is a kidnapping charge so maybe there is an extortion angle. and the twittys have set up a bank account and are announcing what they have but are getting no bited?  i bet the tips are gushing in.

iquitos - that makes sense, they had to pass the Holiday Inn to get to the Marriott.  If Natalee wanted to get off at HI and they didn't honor that request - she was held against her will.
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2005, 10:04:05 PM »

Quote from: "tuberide"
GVS sure is smiling alot today/tonight,,,,,much more pronounced than normal...anyone notice? Razz

also, i feel like PAPAStool instructed and oversaw the "deepak email"

Papastool? LOL...what do you mean about instructed and oversaw deepak email...i havent heard anything about the email tonight.....whats up?

"God dont like ugly"
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #579 on: June 23, 2005, 10:04:43 PM »

Which of the following did Joran Van Der Sloot do?
Killed Natalee    
  32%  [ 10 ]
Accidental death but he knew    
  51%  [ 16 ]
He has no knowledge of what happened after he left the beach.    
  16%  [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 31
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.