May 04, 2024, 01:10:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #499 7/21 - 7/22/2006  (Read 156367 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: July 22, 2006, 02:06:39 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Anna"
Things like this one I don't like the sounds of at all:

Maybe it is all harmless as you say but seems to me like they are trying to get into somewhere they do not have permission to be.  Trying different methods ti access.

Yep, that's definitely a Java script trying to download something from .nl site and run it.

Don't know how you got it, but I still don't think someone 'put' it on your machine from outside your network. Still pretty sure you had to go somewhere and open a webpage that downloaded it in the 'background' or it came in a nefarious email and downloaded in the background.

But I do agree is does appear to do something I wouldn't want to happen unless I knew what it was in advance.

And that's just one of many.  Yes, I may well have gone somewhere and opened a webpage, Carnut.   Rolling Eyes I had this silly idea that was what the internet was for!  

That doesn't give anybody the right to try to invade my computer all the time.  Much less a whole bunch of them like that.  

Well, maybe now you will at least recognize (for the first time, I might add) that there is something actually going on, haha, and not just my imagination.   Cool I find all manner of things like this including last November when I had a major crash some script naming programs then saying "Adios!" and I think it was whomever does this removing them from my hard drive as that time I awoke one morning and nothing and I mean nothing would load, all drivers gone.

Well, it's a pretty common phenomenon thruout the net, kinda why all the spyware, antivirus companies are in business.

I'm just sceptical that it's directed at you  personally from the folks in aruba and nl. I think it's just business as usual on the net that everyone experiences and that's why all the talk about firewalls, antivirus and ad aware programs thruout the PC world.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #921 on: July 22, 2006, 02:06:53 AM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Opps... sorry should have done tiny urls.. but don't know how.

Am a real Monkey now... blew the margins.

Sorry

IBE
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #922 on: July 22, 2006, 02:11:17 AM »

Good night, Monkeys.  Later.  Sweet dreams to all.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: July 22, 2006, 02:19:30 AM »

Heading for the monkey bunkey myself.

Hope I don't have any bad surprises on my computer when I turn it on tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: July 22, 2006, 02:24:03 AM »

Deleted Anna - goodnight
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #925 on: July 22, 2006, 05:24:46 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Happy Birthday, none. I've left you a little note in the lounge. We know what your birthday wish is, and we join with you in prayer and faith that you will see it come true!  HUGS!

CBB  and Tyler .. so well said.  I am with you here.

everyone thank you, I left another note in the lounge but I thank each of you so very much - you are such a comfort to us.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #926 on: July 22, 2006, 06:37:24 AM »

Morning..
  I was upset last night about Nones news. Wasnt anything anyone had posted.
  Everyone have a great day. I have to go to work. Sad
Keeping our sick monkeys and family members in prayers bigtime.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: July 22, 2006, 09:13:38 AM »

Diario     http://www.diarioaruba.com/

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: July 22, 2006, 09:24:46 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Wreck, Tyler, and Carnut ~ thanks so much for the tips on the spyware.  I think I'll just let Norton fizzle out, and go ahead and try one of the freebies, and then purchase one.

Warning TCU -  When you do switch... you need to spend HOURS getting rid of all the Norton files on your p.c.  They intentionally place them all over the place so it's harder for you to switch.  I just did this.  Worth it but a pain.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: July 22, 2006, 09:35:04 AM »

GOODMORNING ALL!

WARNING - there is an email address posted at the Arubaboycott site.  It's said to be an email address set up by Julia Renfro to send kind words to the Van Der Sloots.  That email address is for the Freedom of Blog site.  They (FOB) are receiving all messages sent to it and posting your email address, along with any message you sent on their website for all to see.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SEND EMAIL TO
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: July 22, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

Warning TCU -  When you do switch... you need to spend HOURS getting rid of all the Norton files on your p.c.  They intentionally place them all over the place so it's harder for you to switch.  I just did this.  Worth it but a pain.

My head aches just thinking about all this ~ they can't make it easy, can they?  Did you have Norton ~ what did you switch to?  Since I probably don't have the know-how to get rid of all those files, should I just take it somewhere and ask them to delete all that mess.  It was a real rip-off, in my opinion.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: July 22, 2006, 09:44:43 AM »

Hi, Klass!  I read None's inspiring and loving post over in the Lounge ~
you'll keep us posted as to any changes, won't you?  My heart hurts for all of them.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: July 22, 2006, 09:45:05 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
GOODMORNING ALL!

WARNING - there is an email address posted at the Arubaboycott site.  It's said to be an email address set up by Julia Renfro to send kind words to the Van Der Sloots.  That email address is for the Freedom of Blog site.  They (FOB) are receiving all messages sent to it and posting your email address, along with any message you sent on their website for all to see.

Good Morning Klaas and thanks for the heads up.  I would never send an email anyway but I know others would.  I think you should repost your message when the thread changes.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: July 22, 2006, 09:45:50 AM »

GOODMORNING ALL!

good morning friends... Very Happy ....I have to go back and see what is happening with e-mail and spyware.....but it does bother me that my e-mail address is sometimes included with 30 other e-mail addresses....some of which I do not know....can anyone tell us how to do a mass mailing which shows only one address at a time....I notice that None is able to do that.....  Thanks

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: July 22, 2006, 09:50:50 AM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
GOODMORNING ALL!

good morning friends... Very Happy ....I have to go back and see what is happening with e-mail and spyware.....but it does bother me that my e-mail address is sometimes included with 30 other e-mail addresses....some of which I do not know....can anyone tell us how to do a mass mailing which shows only one address at a time....I notice that None is able to do that.....  Thanks

Mere - what I'm writing about is an email address that is on the Arubaboycot blog site.  It has nothing to do with the virus's and problems people have been having lately.  It's simply something I noticed happening this morning and wanted to warn people before sending a message to it.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: July 22, 2006, 09:51:52 AM »

Quote from: "San"
GOODMORNING ALL!

Good Morning Klaas and thanks for the heads up.  I would never send an email anyway but I know others would.  I think you should repost your message when the thread changes.

Good idea San, I'll post it over there now before I forget.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: July 22, 2006, 09:55:37 AM »

Hi, Klass!  I read None's inspiring and loving post over in the Lounge ~
you'll keep us posted as to any changes, won't you?  My heart hurts for all of them.

Hi tcumom

As long as Nonesuche feels comfortable posting I'll let her continue with updates.  If she asks I'll update for her.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: July 22, 2006, 09:59:08 AM »

[quote="klaasend
As long as Nonesuche feels comfortable posting I'll let her continue with updates.  If she asks I'll update for her.[/quote]
Oh, yes ~ I just meant if she contacted you, and gave the okay to share with us ~ as usual, didn't make myself clear  Embarassed
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: July 22, 2006, 10:00:58 AM »

Klass ~ could you please delete that extra post?  I was trying to fix the original one  Embarassed   Maybe I need more coffee Confused
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: July 22, 2006, 10:03:36 AM »

Klass ~ could you please delete that extra post?  I was trying to fix the original one  Embarassed   Maybe I need more coffee Confused

Laughing I hear ya - I'm only on my second sip  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.