May 02, 2024, 03:33:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 466301 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1060 on: July 15, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »

If it is true that Nevaeh was found without her clothes, she was not wearing clothes for one reason, that alone tells me Nevaeh suffered.  No way did this child not suffer.

I agree with you. No way did she not suffer.

How much did we look at Aaron Baker? That's where they took the carpet sample from last week. The neighbor up the stairs where Nevaeh was playing.
Not much I don't think, very interesting. 
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1061 on: July 15, 2009, 04:38:22 PM »

Pink Angel, that's the first I heard of the carpet sample. Very interesting, although if Nevaeh was up there playing you'd expect to find carpet fibers on her, except if they were in places they shouldn't be. It would make sense to check him out because the little boy's mother's story is inconsistent with what was previously said about what Nevaeh was doing at the time she went missing.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1062 on: July 15, 2009, 04:51:36 PM »

Here's the part that baffles me a bit. If what we are hearing is true her clothes were found with her. That provides for identification, which means the perp wanted her identified. Otherwise her clothes would have been found elsewhere or burned or something. I question why.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1063 on: July 15, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »

Task force furious over autopsy leak
Detroit media released Nevaeh's autopsy Tuesday

Updated: Wednesday, 15 Jul 2009, 4:57 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 15 Jul 2009, 4:18 PM EDT

MONROE, Mich. - Monroe County investigators are not happy with the leak of the autopsy results for Nevaeh Buchanan.

Although that information is generally public information, the Nevaeh task force, which is comprised of Monroe city, Monroe County, Michigan State Police, and the FBI, chose not to release the results.

The autopsy results were leaked to the Detroit Free Press, which published the report Tuesday afternoon..

The move sent investigators scrambling to notify Nevaeh's family and try to patch up this major blow to their investigation.

Monroe County Sheriff Det. Heath Velliquette said that his department is extremely upset that Nevaeh's autopsy results were leaked and made public. The results could hamper the task force's efforts in charging a suspect with the 5-year-old's murder.

Captain Ray Carroll, with the Toledo Police Department, has been a part of hundreds of investigations and knows how the leak of information can devastate a case.

"I'm sure that was key information they wanted to keep to themselves probably for a variety of reasons," Capt. Carroll said. "I don't know how the public is better off knowing those details they're extremely disturbing."

After the autopsy results were leaked about the 5-year-old Monroe girl, the Monroe Sheriff's Department did confirm late Tuesday that she died basically from inhaling dirt, possibly after being buried alive.

Before the leak the task force had not told Nevaeh's family how she died June 10.

"It's very upsetting and so traumatic and all of these people have heard it before me," Diane Lawson, Nevaeh's great aunt said Tuesday evening.

When detectives develop suspects in a case they keep information out of the public light that only they and the suspects know. Capt. Carroll said that is a valuable tool they may need to get a confession or make an arrest.

"Our job is to put the bad guy in jail," he said. "We're well aware that the news media is a competitive industry and we appreciate everything the media has done for us in getting information out there. We appreciate when news media understands why we don't put information out."

http://bit.ly/ZjGNL

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1064 on: July 15, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

Meanwhile, neighbors say investigators snipped pieces of carpet from a nearby apartment last week to see if fibers match those found under the little girl’s fingernails.

Aaron Baker said today that officers cut out a piece of the tan carpet from the apartment where his 8-year-old son, Austin, played with Nevaeh just hours before the little girl disappeared.

“That way they had something to run a test on,” he said from the apartment across the hall and one floor up from Nevaeh’s, adding the same carpet covers the floors in Nevaeh’s home. Officials from the Monroe County Sheriff's had no comment, a spokeswoman said this morning.

Baker said he last saw Jennifer Buchanan outside the apartment two days ago, when she smiled as they passed on the sidewalk. He said his son still cries about his best friend’s death, especially when they turn on the computer at home and pictures of Nevaeh flash on the monitor.

“Every time it comes up, he breaks down,” Baker said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090715/NEWS05/90715030/1007/NEWS/Relative--Where-is-Nevaeh-Buchanan-s-mother

He's the same guy that broke down and was weeping on video back when she was missing. Over emotional imo.

He also had a picture of Nevaeh on his cellphone. Police questioned him about it and the story he gave police was different that the one he told Shane, when Shane asked him about it.

The dude is creepy.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1065 on: July 15, 2009, 05:49:41 PM »

Wow. I hope the freaking press keeps its mouth shut. Good Lord, to jeopardize this investigation for ratings-they're just as bad as the killer. Jerks.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1066 on: July 15, 2009, 06:16:16 PM »

Nutt,I know your up there somewhere.
Death Penalty. 
No death penalty in Michigan 

No, because it is one of the "enlightened and liberal" states. Cruel to kill a criminal, not so much for a child. 

I will preface this with I live in Michigan. I am almost embarrassed to say that. When we need room in the jail/prison  we let the people out that are the SOs. I would go for the death penalty - especially for sex offenders that hurt kids.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1067 on: July 15, 2009, 07:35:01 PM »

Autopsy results showed Neveah Buchanan suffocated after inhaling dirt, according to the Associated Press, leaving investigators to believe she was still breathing when she was put into the crude grave along the banks of the River Raisin or her face was forcibly held in the dirt.

Nevaeh's body was found by fisherman June 4, wearing a shirt that matches the description of the clothing the little girl was last seen inbefore she disappeared from the parking lot of her Monroe, Mich., apartment complex on May 24.

Her family is now left to imagine the horrors Nevaeh experienced in her last moments alive.

"We will find out who did it," her great aunt Diana Lawson told ABC's Detroit affiliate WXYZ, "and you will see judgment day."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8089505&page=1

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1068 on: July 15, 2009, 07:36:19 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:36:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1069 on: July 15, 2009, 08:38:08 PM »

i don't know how to copy links but i've read 4 different stories on this today...
1...they can't find moms haven't seen her per aunt
2...cousin has been with moms at g-maws house and she has been there the entire time
3...that they took samples of the carpet upstairs (at play-mates) last week
4...they are taking samples of the carpet at g-maws house today

I have no idea if any of these are correct...reporters lately have been messing these things up....(not to offend any Monkey press people)

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1070 on: July 15, 2009, 08:43:08 PM »

Carpet samples taken in Nevaeh slaying case

BY TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • July 15, 2009

* Read Comments(55)
    * Recommend(4)
    * Print
    * E-mail this article
    * Letter to editor
          o Facebook
          o Twitter
          o Digg
          o Del.icio.us
          o Reddit
          o Newsvine
          o Buzz up!
    * What’s this?

Updated at 8:40 p.m.

The search for 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan’s killer continues, as neighbors revealed today that investigators snipped pieces of carpet from a nearby apartment last week to see if fibers match those found under the girl’s fingernails.
Advertisement

Aaron Baker said today that officers cut out a piece of the tan carpet from the apartment where his 8-year-old son, Austin, played with Nevaeh hours before the little girl disappeared.

“That way they had something to run a test on,” he said from the apartment across the hall and one floor up from the Buchanans’ apartment.

He said the same carpet covers the floors in the apartment Nevaeh shared with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan, and her grandmother, Sherry Buchanan, who was the girl’s legal guardian because her mother was on probation for criminal problems.

Officials from the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office declined comment today after some family members reported that investigators said the autopsy tests showed the girl was likely buried alive shortly after she disappeared May 24.

The girl was reported kidnapped from the Charlotte Arms apartment complex while her mother said she thought Nevaeh was riding her scooter. Two fishermen found Nevaeh’s body on June 4, buried in concrete mix and dirt by the River Raisin.

Now relatives are waiting to hear whether she was molested, said Shaun Lawson, Jennifer Buchanan’s cousin.

“All they’ve said is she was buried alive,” Lawson said. “There’s more tests still to be done. As much evidence as they collected, they’re waiting on evidence to come back.”

Earlier today, Lawson’s mother, Diana Lawson, expressed concern about Jennifer Buchanan’s whereabouts. She said she had not seen Nevaeh’s mother for three or four days.

However, Buchanan appeared briefly this afternoon but did not speak with the news media.

Baker said his son still cries about his best friend’s death, especially when they turn on the computer and pictures of Nevaeh flash on the monitor. “Every time it comes up, he breaks down,” Baker said.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office at 734-243-7070.

Contact TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA: 313-223-4456 or tbattaglia@freepress.com.

there's one

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1071 on: July 15, 2009, 08:47:04 PM »

well, great, i can't find the other but i was saying how jb had to hole up with g-maw, and she was getting flack from everybody...

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1072 on: July 15, 2009, 08:56:39 PM »

It's okay Mama, we probably won't know unless LE wants to talk to her and they can't produce her.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1073 on: July 15, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »

It's okay Mama, we probably won't know unless LE wants to talk to her and they can't produce her.
i don't understand why she doesn't get some kind of neglect charge just for having registered SO's around her daughter???

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1074 on: July 15, 2009, 09:49:18 PM »

We can only hope that eventually she will.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1075 on: July 15, 2009, 10:03:52 PM »

We can only hope that eventually she will.
an angelic monkey

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: July 15, 2009, 10:30:07 PM »

While what we learned recently is certainly heartbreaking, it has really bolstered my confidence that this case will be solved.  A lot is going on behind the scenes. Justice will be served for Nevaeh.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1077 on: July 15, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »

it is interesting about the neighbor and carpet samples being taken from his home...I thought that he was a bit over the top when interviewed but it was an emotional time...I sure hope that he is not involved in any way for his son's sake for one...
this is just such a disturbing case in so many ways....I sure hope that Jess is right and that justice will be served...what is taking so long? seems that they should have tons of clues, evidence from the crime scene...
God bless this tiny angel....

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1078 on: July 15, 2009, 10:58:35 PM »

They need to close all the loops, Cookie. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt means different things to different people. So you go with the highest interpretation of the standard, and that means dotting all the I's and crossing all the t's. Scientific evidence takes time. We need to remain patient, let law enforcement do its work, and hopefully the media will shut their pie holes. They don't need to be tipping people off for the sake of ratings. Sometimes the most seemingly innocuous leak can set an investigation back.

Southernbelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1079 on: July 16, 2009, 02:14:40 AM »

Oh Lord...when I heard that about little Nevaeh's being (probably) buried alive, cold chills just went thru me. I looked over at my mom, and she looked absolutely sick. Isn't it enough to terrorize and murder an innocent little girl--how could anyone, even someone that evil, actually bury a child alive?!

Then I thought back to that monster Couey, who did precisely the same thing to beautiful little Jessica Lunsford (may she rest in peace).

There is no hell hot enough for things who commit crimes like these!! 

Before crime is committed, conscience must be corrupted.~~Henri Amiel
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.