May 06, 2024, 12:38:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE DEVRIES/VAN DER EEM VIDEO RECORDING AND THE KALPOE VS PHIL MCGRAW CONNECTION  (Read 272329 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: October 05, 2010, 10:33:42 AM »

Beth Holloway working with Dutch reporter on daughter Natalee Holloway's disappearance, spokeswoman confirms (with videos)
Published: Friday, September 17, 2010, 1:15 PM
Updated: Friday, September 17, 2010, 1:56 PM

Beth Holloway is working on a project with a Dutch television crew, but was not arrested in Peru, contrary to widespread reports, her spokeswoman said today.

"She was not arrested or detained and nothing was taken from her," said Sunny Tillman. "Beth is working with Peter de Vries on a special report. Peter can provide further comment on the content of that report." 

Tillman declined to say further what happened in Peru, but did say Holloway remains out of the United States. The TV report will appear in a few weeks.

De Vries is a high-profile criminal reporter in the Netherlands who made headlines two years ago with his report on the disappearance of Holloway's daughter, Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba. His report was based on hidden-camera interviews with Joran van der Sloot, who was last seen with the teen before her disappearance on May 30, 2005.

Holloway's lawyer told NBC's "Today" that she entered Castro Castro prison where van der Sloot is being held in the murder of a Peruvian woman "without violating any laws or breaking any regulations" and spoke with the inmate.

Attorney John Q. Kelly said Holloway didn't expect to get answers about Natalee's disappearance but wanted van der Sloot to know "she hasn't gone away."

In Peru, a spokesman for the national penal authority said Holloway's name did not appear in the visitor registry of the prison.

"That woman did not enter the prison," the spokesman, Bruno Guzman, told the Associated Press. He did acknowledge that a group of Dutch journalists visited the prison and interviewed Van der Sloot in early September.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/09/post_595.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: October 05, 2010, 12:37:12 PM »

The next hearing in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case was schedule for tomorrow but I'm getting from this that the attorneys do not need to appear in person or that they didn't need to appear on Sept 28.  Not positive if tomorrow is still on:

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: October 05, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »

Maybe there is good ... good that some recognize in regards to Anita that others do not get.

++++++

Wonderful, Wonderful Woman

JOY BEHAR SHOW
Van Der Sloot Admits Extortion
Aired September 7, 2010 - 21:00:00   ET

JOE TACOPINA, FORMER ATTORNEY FOR VAN DER SLOOT:  And remember, Jean, you know this that Joran`s mother Anita, who really is a wonderful, wonderful woman tried in the last year and a half to get him committed.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/04/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=T2

Good Mother

Dutch Crime Reporter Peter De Vries Goes Inside Joran van der Sloot's Explosive Tape
Friday, February 08, 2008

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Both his parents -- were they both present for that?

PETER DE VRIES, DUTCH CRIME REPORTER: : Yes, they were present. Yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did Joran's parents say anything to you at that point or even after the show?

DE VRIES: After the show, they apologized for what their son did.  And I think his mother is a good mother. She loves her son, but she doesn't know what he is doing, I think.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329847,00.html

Considering the sources purporting about her being a good mother, I'm not inclined to believe or trust anything they have to say.  Just saying....

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: October 05, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »

Page 189:   It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's verry, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead.  From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

Beth Holloway: “Hope always comes"
Last Update: 3:30 pm

Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalee Holloway, told an audience at the Arkansas Methodist Medical Center that her life has become a journey of hope.

Speaking in Paragould, Arkansas, Holloway told the audience that Natalee's disappearance on a 2005 graduation trip to Aruba holds lessons for all families.

“Hope always comes,” Holloway said. “Embrace it, put action behind it and make it real.”

As Holloway told the story of going to Aruba and looking for her teenage daughter and the efforts she has made to ensure other families won’t have to share her pain, she continuously referred to the various phases of hope she experienced as she made her journey from “victim to victor.”

The Paragould Daily Press says she told the audience “Natalee could be your loved one and you could be me,”  emphasizing how her experience could happen to anyone.

As her search continued, Holloway said her “spirit” was hopeful when she received a lead that could answer her questions about her daughter’s disappearance, and then said her spirit sank to the lowest point possible when she found out her daughter was not going to be found.

Holloway said her tribute to Natalee is to continue to inform others about the dangers of “letting your guard down.”

“We don’t teach our children to be careful because we live in fear,” she said. “We teach them because we do not live in a safe world. She [Natalee] didn’t see it coming; she had a false sense of security.”

Holloway went on to talk about the importance of developing a “full circle” safety plan when traveling as well as the MayDay360 program, a program she helped to develop to address personal safety for anyone traveling to another country.

Holloway also spoke about the Natalee Holloway Resource Center she helped to develop to provide education and help to anyone who has a missing loved one.

Holloway was recently in both Aruba and Peru with Dutch reporter Peter R. de Vries who is working on a documentary for Dutch television.  While in Peru, Holloway accompanied de Vries TV crew into the prison cell of Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in Natalee's disappearance.  Van der Sloot is in Peru's Castro Castro prison awaiting trial on charges he murdered 21 year old student Stephany Flores.  Flores' body was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee's disappearance on Aruba.  Van der Sloot confessed to killing Flores after she found material relating to Natalee on his laptop.

After the controversial prison visit Beth Holloway and de Vries subsequently spent some time in Aruba before de Vries returned home to Europe and Holloway to America. 

CBS42 is in contact with de Vries who says it's too soon to discuss his upcoming TV project.  De Vries is the reporter who has gotten a variety of confessions from van der Sloot about Natalee's fate, all of which van der Sloot later denied or retracted.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Beth-Holloway-Hope-always-comes/MwfN993ghkKV3a6hCr5fCw.cspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: October 06, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »

Two brothers allege defamation in a 'Dr. Phil' episode
(CNS) Posted Wednesday October 6, 2010 - 12:35pm

Two brothers who allege they were defamed in a "Dr. Phil' episode about Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba cannot have their case transferred to a courtroom dealing with legally complex cases, a Los Angeles judge tentatively ruled today.

Superior Court Judge Ramona See said lawyers for Deepak and Satish Kalpoe did not persuade her that the case requires exceptional judicial management usually reserved for large class-action suits tried in a courthouse west of downtown.

"Plaintiffs may be Aruban citizens, but without more, that does not prove this matter is complex,' See wrote in her tentative decision.

See is scheduled to hear any further arguments on Thursday before issuing a final ruling.

The brothers' attorneys argued the case is complex because of its international connections, including the need to question witnesses who live in Aruba.

They also cited the large number of documents filed.

However, the judge said there are only 2,000 pages of documents and that the trial is scheduled for Feb. 11

The Kalpoes filed their $800 million lawsuit in December 2006 against Phil McGraw and CBS, maintaining their reputations were damaged in a Sept. 15, 2005, "Dr. Phil' show that alleged they drugged the 18-year-old Alabama college student and raped her.

The brothers contend the "Dr. Phil' episode implied they helped kill Holloway and dispose of her body. They also sued on allegations of invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was vacationing with friends on the Caribbean island resort when she vanished the night of May 30, 2005.

Aruban authorities in 2008 cleared the Kalpoes of any involvement in her disappearance.

http://bhcourier.com/article/Local_News/Local_News/Two_brothers_allege_defamation_in_a_Dr_Phil_episode/71840

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: October 06, 2010, 06:36:29 PM »

Janet - yes Feb 7, 2011 has been the actual court date for the case for some time now.

Considering the Kalpoe attorneys have yet to comply with case document requests by McGraw's attorneys ... how can the trial proceed?

Could it be that the Kalpoes have dropped portions of the defamation lawsuit which would require case documents?  Could it be that the disputed segment of the Dr. Phil tape will have to stand alone.

Janet

+++++++

Judge allows lawsuit to proceed against Dr. Phil
The Associated Press

Date: Wednesday Feb. 6, 2008 10:12 AM ET

LOS ANGELES — A California judge refused to dismiss a defamation suit Tuesday against CBS and television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw brought by two brothers who were questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

William Cremer, lawyer for Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, praised the decision by Superior Court Judge Edward Ferns. "I'm going to take Dr. Phil down," he said outside the courtroom.

The ruling came a day after ABC's "20/20" aired a secretly recorded conversation involving Joran van der Sloot, who also has been interrogated by Aruban authorities on Holloway's May 2005 disappearance. In the tape, van der Sloot claims Holloway died on the beach while they were kissing and he tried to revive her but failed. He said the teen's body was dumped in the ocean and would never be found.

Joseph Tacopina, a lawyer for van der Sloot, said his client was not responsible for the Alabama teenager's death and the tapes do not amount to a confession. Last week, van der Sloot said he was lying in those conversations and denied he had anything to do with Holloway's disappearance.

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and disposed of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Cremer said the taped remarks by van der Sloot, which were secretly recorded by a Dutch crime reporter, help his clients' defamation case.

"It pretty much exonerates my boys, doesn't it?" Cremer said.

In their dismissal motion, lawyers for CBS Television and McGraw maintained lawyers for the Kalpoes did not meet deadlines to produce all documents they have demanded concerning the criminal case investigation against the brothers in Aruba.

But the judge gave the Kalpoes' lawyers another five days to satisfy the document deadline.

"The documents are relevant to the most fundamental issues in this case," Ferns stated in his ruling.

"There is no other (information) which can substitute for the documents sought by the defendants due to the nature of this case."

In June, another judge dismissed a wrongful-death case against the Kalpoes by Holloway's parents, ruling the Los Angeles Superior Court did not have jurisdiction. The parents maintained the brothers conceded jurisdiction when they sued CBS and McGraw in Los Angeles.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20080206/dr_phil_080206/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: October 06, 2010, 06:37:28 PM »

Janet - yes Feb 7, 2011 has been the actual court date for the case for some time now.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: October 07, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »

Kalpoes are Deposed

Aug 23, 2010 in Long Beach.  Likely at a hotel right at the airport.

Considering I fail to comprehend how released case documents as well as  testimony from the Kalpoes in either depositions or in a trial would further the defamation case .. only expose the the Aruban cover up ... it has been my ongoing contention that segments of the lawsuit would be dropped and ... the case would be lost or won one issue ... the disputed portion of the Dr. Phil recording.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: October 07, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

I had thought that maybe the highlighted portions of the defamation lawsuit would have been dropped.  The implication would be that no questioning of the Kalpoes would be required and ... no case documents would be required.

+++++

The Associated Press

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and disposed of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: October 07, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »

If the sole issue in the defamation lawsuit was all about the disputed segment of the Dr. Phil recording ... would a professional comparison with Jamie Skeeters' hard drive suffice?

Would testimony from Deepak and Satish be required?  Would the evidence speak for itself?

+++++

SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES

Page 14:
  To the extent that the Dr. Phil Show Defendants can be shown to have been negligent or reckless in the way they edited the show and thus potentially liable, there is no competent showing the Defendant Skeeter was so involved.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kalpoedrphil050609awm.pdf

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: October 07, 2010, 03:15:11 PM »

No Legal Ramifications?

If it is proved that Dr. Phil deceptively manipulated the recording ... a recording heard by his entire viewing audience ... would there be no legal ramifications whether Deepak and Satish can or cannot prove damage?.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: October 07, 2010, 07:52:30 PM »

No Intentions

The McGraw attorneys motioned for dismissal in February, 2008 when the Kalpoe attorneys did not comply with the court's request to produce case documents.  The judge denied the motion and afforded the Kalpoe attorneys a five day extention.  Think about it.  Almost three years have come and gone and ... no case documents have been forthcoming yet ... the judge has chosen not to dismiss the lawsuit.  Why?

Could it be that the Kalpoe attorneys's argument is that the Dr. Phil tape is the the only issue and therefore no case documents are required.  In other words ... "Was the tape manipulated?"  Yes?  No?  Case Closed!

Think about it.  From the geto ... the Kalpoe's attorneys never had any intentions of granting any requests from the court/judge to produce case documents yet ... the court/judge allowed the lawsuit to proceed.

+++++

A Signed Declaration

Holloway Case: New Kalpoe Documents
Friday, September 14, 2007

JOHN KELLY, FAMILY'S ATTORNEY: I believe David Koch (ph), one of the attorneys for the Kalpoes actually signed a declaration at the court indicating that even if the court ordered the documents be turned over, they were not going to turn them over. ....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296798,00.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: October 07, 2010, 08:11:10 PM »

IF the Dr. Phil tape was manipulated ... is it possible that the McGraw attorneys were anticipating official case documentation to prove that the Kalpoes were not defamed by the manipulated tape.  After all ... when you consider the suspicions encompassing the detentions of the Kalpoes ... gang rape is implied.

+++++++

Suspicion - Second Detention: The Rape of Natalee Holloway

Brothers arrested again in Aruba case
Two held on suspicion of acting with others in teen's rape, killing
Saturday, August 27, 2005 Posted: 0319 GMT (1119 HKT)

(CNN) -- After being detained and then released last month in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, two brothers were arrested again Friday in Aruba on suspicion they acted "together with other people" in raping and killing the Alabama teen, the prosecutor's office said.

Without elaborating on the evidence, the office said in a statement that "new facts and circumstances" led them to re-arrest Satish Kalpoe, 18 and brother Deepak, 21.

"They are suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately raping somebody," the statement said.

"Aside from these suspicions against the two brothers, there are new suspicions, which at this point the prosecutor is not commenting on."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/26/aruba.arrests/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: October 07, 2010, 08:17:24 PM »

Considering Deepak and Satish have been declared no longer suspects in the Natalee Holloway Case ... could this create another roadblock in the McGraw attorneys' attempt to access official case documents?

++++++

No Longer Suspects

Two brothers allege defamation in a 'Dr. Phil' episode
(CNS) Posted Wednesday October 6, 2010 - 12:35pm

Aruban authorities in 2008 cleared the Kalpoes of any involvement in her disappearance.

http://bhcourier.com/article/Local_News/Local_News/Two_brothers_allege_defamation_in_a_Dr_Phil_episode/71840

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: October 07, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »

Considering it is my contention that Deepak and Satish participated in the events encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 and to some extent in the cover up that followed ... I will be furious if the Kalpoes' attorneys are successful in the lawsuit against Phil McGraw ... furious at Phil McGraw whose actions allowed this outcome to prevail.

Think about it.  Why would the Kalpoes' attorneys file a lawsuit claiming that the Dr. Phil tape was manipulated when common sense implies that it would only require a comparison of the tape and Jamie Skeeters' hard drive to reveal the truth?  Could it be that assurance from the NFI was given to the Kalpoes' attorney that a manipulation did occur and ... this is why the lawsuit was filed?

++++

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for December 1
updated 7:37 a.m. PT, Fri., Dec. 2, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS SCHIPPER, ARUBAN STRATEGIC COMM. TASK FORCE: Well, it's not what I think, it is what the Dutch forensic institute thinks and what we have also requested the FBI to confirm, which confirmation we haven't received yet. However, the NFI had four investigators separately look at these tapes, and they say that the Dr. Phil show tapes were edited for content in the following order. Just before the word “she,” there was a cut. And just after the word “did,” there was a cut. And then they compared it to the CD-ROM that Mr. Skeeters sent the officials, and you have seen that piece, and it says, “No, she didn't.” And he shakes his head while doing—while saying that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536/

The Associated Press

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: October 12, 2010, 03:15:38 PM »

ANYBODY who has an indepth knowledge of the corrupt Aruba investigation that has prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway since May 30, 2005 yet trusts and upholds that investigation ... his/her motives must be considered questionable.

Tim Miller was considered a hero to the Natalee Holloway cause by many.

++++

Tim Miller

Free Meals!  Free Motels!  Assistance with the Search!

WATT'S UP WITH THIS? STEPH WATTS & TIM MILLER 9/19/2010

Tim Miller: Anybody can say what they want about Aruba but you know what...they gave us free motel rooms, they gave us free meals, they did everything to accommodate us...to help us out when we was doing the search for Natalee.  And then uhhh I certainly would not support the boycott.

Transcript - Texasmom

Audio:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this/2010/09/20/watts-up-with-this#endframe

Mistakes??

WATT'S UP WITH THIS? STEPH WATTS & TIM MILLER 9/19/2010

Steph Watts:  Tim, beyond what you just said...and people in the chat room are asking me, how could they interfere with an ongoing investigation.  Here’s how.  Beth went over there without even informing her attorney.  There’s Peruvian authorities working on this case, there’s Aruban authorities working on this case, and there’s American authorities working on this case.  People remember, he’s being charged with extortion in this country.  So, how does she interfere with an ongoing investigation?  She has no idea if they’re about to crack him, if they’re working some kind of a deal with Aruba.  If they’re working some kind of a deal...she has no idea because they don’t tell families everything.  So how does she interfere with an ongoing investigation?  She goes over there, confronts him, spooks him, scares him, gets him to tell them the story and now he doesn’t want to talk to you know the people he was talking to before.  He throws his hands up in the air and says all this is off...you guys sprung Beth on me.  That’s how she interferes with an ongoing investigation Tim Miller.  Agree or disagree?

Tim Miller:  I one hundred percent agree... I one hundred percent agree... I .. I think she should have...  Beth needs to understand, Beth is the mother, Beth is not the investigator.  I know for a fact the FBI is working this very, very hard right now, very methodical.  Uhhh they’re working very, very  close with the authorities in Aruba, they are all on the same page and ummm... were mistakes made in the very beginning?  Yes, they were, they were.. o.k. let’s face it.  But you know what everybody’s on the same page now and ummm they could have done absolutely nothing except damage all the work that’s gone into it now.

Transcript - Texasmom

Audio:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this/2010/09/20/watts-up-with-this#endframe

Peter Devries

02 - 15 - 2008 / 11:30 a.m. (G.M.T.)
NO REARREST FOR JORAN: HOW DO YOU
EXPLAIN THAT TO HER RELATIVES.....?

For all clarity, the fact that Van der Sloot has not been taken into custody on remand does not mean that the judicial investigation against him has come to an end. Far from it. The Public Prosecutor is working hard on the case in which Joran van der Sloot is still prime suspect.

Peter R. de Vries

http://www.peterrdevries.com/news-norearrest.htm

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: October 12, 2010, 05:01:55 PM »

THE RANGE ROVER DISTRACTION FROM THE TRUTH?

When it is considered that the perception is that the "powers that be" in Holland and Aruba have been participants in a cover up agenda since May 30, 2005 ... a coverup agenda to prevent justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway ... it makes perfect sense that Joran was given a heads up in regards to Patrick van der Eem's secret recording plans.

Think about it.  In the Range Rover recordings ... Joran failed to:

- implicate himself in nothing more serious than the disposal of a body.
- implicate his father.
- implicate the Kalpoes.
- implicate all others who were detained as suspects in the Natalee Holloway case.
- include a trap/cage in his account of events encompassing the disposal of Natalee Holloway.

+++++++

Disposed - Patrick Vander Eem

Chapter 9

It took a week and a half for someone to contact me. As they say the waiting is the hardest part but there was nothing to be done about it since you can’t directly contact the CIE (Criminal Information Unit of the Dutch police which collects information on organized crime and big crime cases). They have to call you.

While I waited for this contact, I had time to think about what exactly I wanted out of all of this.  In my daydreams I put together the package deal to get three hundred thousand Euros.

I told the man on the phone that I befriended Joran with the purpose of getting him to talk and that it might be interesting for them if we speak. Within a week I had an appointment to meet two CIE agents.

... By the third meeting, same place, same time, I was really done with it. . Again they told me the money was impossible.

‘And what about Joran now?’  ‘Just go to Peter R. DeVries,’ the Moustache advised.

So there it was. The police turned their backs on it. To be honest I would have taken a counter proposal. The money wasn’t that important

What to do now? The  answer was pretty clear. I had thought it and the cop had said it. I would get in touch with Peter R. DeVries. Why not? I would have to figure out how to contact him but that couldn’t be too difficult.

Chapter 11

We’ll work up some questions for you to ask but outside of that you can’t talk, just be all ear to what he has to say,’ Kees pleaded

The plan was set. I called Joran and told him that I found a place that might work for us to set up the plantation. We made a date to look at it on Monday. Peter R and his crew had rented the place for a few days. If need be we could rent it longer if I didn’t get what was needed right away. Joran was brimming with anticipation

My cell rings on Wednesday the Twenty-first of November.  It was one of Joran’s housemates, MK. ‘Joran wanted me to call you. The cops just picked him up and their taking him to Aruba.’

I received a phone call shortly after Joran’s arrest from the CIE. They wanted to know if I had anything to do with his being brought back to Aruba. That made my day. The police intelligence agency of Holland in the dark on the whole matter. I told them no.

The public prosecutor’s office in Aruba ordered the arrest because apparently new evidence had come to light. Joran was being brought in and so were the brothers Satish and Deepak Kalpoe.

Chapter 12

My sources in Aruba were better than anything Peter R. DeVries could set up. I knew in three days that they would only hold Joran for two weeks.

After two weeks, like clockwork, Joran was out as I had been informed.

I had been in contact with Kees and Peter to let them know about Joran’s release and phone call.  We needed to start getting things ready for Joran’s return in a week. That was when he planned to be back in Holland.

I was given a recorder so that my phone conversations could be captured. It was a James Bond type of earpiece that I wore to capture what was said on the other end. All very high tech. It also worked like a charm, because Joran was clearly anxious to tell me everything about Natalee after his release.

Chapter 13

After contact had been established with Joran again it was time to find out when he was coming home. Every time I asked the answer was next week. It became a sort of running gag. I would ask. He would say next week. Then I would let Kees know. Joran would not give me a date. I would ask again and he would say the same as before: next week. It was incredibly frustrating.

There were so many false starts in this period of time. Each time we had to take it seriously. I’m not sure how many times they had to get the Range Rover and then bring it back. I was frustrated and I know the Peter R. DeVries crew must also be pulling their hair out. The tech crew had it all down now. They could get all the equipment in the car in a matter of hours. Like a well oiled pit crew they operated at the drop of a hat. It was impressive.

Joran was finally coming home. I got word that he would be in around the eighth of January. As I thought he called me when he was in and we made a date to see each other on the tenth. I contacted Kees and Peter the moment I knew. We had to get things ready for real this time.

I could keep the Range Rover at my place. They would come in the morning and get things set up. I would go out and do my time.with Joran and then call when I was on my way back home. They would come back to my place and get the tapes and check over the equipment. That worked for me.  Peter R had a list of ten questions he wanted me to ask Joran on this first trip.

Chapter 18

The footage from this fourth ride was the money shot. Although we still had no idea who Daury was, everything else was beautiful. That was good since I could not do it all again. I told Peter R as much. ‘I need a vacation. The family and I are going to Spain for a few days. I have to get myself back together. I’m completely done with it. I have made my last trip.’ The crime reporter was not happy with that. He loved my work on the fourth trip

Peter and Kees would be in Aruba while I was in Spain. There they would make all the stand-uppers for the show, the text the host uses to make the story cohesive. Not an easy job, because the crime reporter wanted to do it on the beach where Natalee disappeared and of course could not film when people listened in to the wrap-ups he used.

They thought it best to show the tapes to Hans Mos, the lead prosecutor there. They wanted to inform him about the confessions and get a response for the program. I would stay in contact with them the whole time. At this point I had no idea when the show would air and I wanted to know what the prosecutor would say when he saw the information gathered.

On January 19, I flew to Spain

Peter checked in with me regularly from the first day I was in Spain. The text messages were flowing back and forth. I now know why he has the reputation of a terrier. He is extremely persistent. There had to be another car trip.

The vacation ended far too soon and there I was back in the Netherlands. Joran called me and said ‘Hey, are we going to do something? Am I going to see you?’ so I had arranged to see him on January 29.

One of the questions Peter R put on my list was more detail about how he got home. He had said he got a ride from Deepak but that did not add up.

That night we hit the casino and the red light district in Arnhem.  It was really late when I decided to take him home we ran into a police checkpoint on the way out of the red light district.

I stopped the way I should and the officer asks for my driver's licence.  He asks if the car is mine and I say it's a rental because mine is in the shop.  Then he wants to see the paper work.  The rental agreement is listed to Endemol.  So I'm afraid the copy will say 'So you work for Endemol' with Joran sitting next to me.  I quickly step out of the car to talk with the police officer.

Another officer comes over and we all talk nicely and it gets straightened out.  No problems.  They let me go on my way.  Who knows, when they checked my documents they got a big 'leave this car alone' on their screen.

Arubans wary of fifth car trip in Holloway case
Monday 25 February 2008

Dutch tv crime reporter Peter R de Vries set up a fifth car trip to try and get Joran van der Sloot to confess to murdering US teenager Natalee Holloway after the Aruban public prosecution department said the original four recordings did not contain enough evidence, the Volkskrant reported on Saturday.

Aruban officials told De Vries and his team at a secret hotel meeting that the tapes did not contain enough new evidence, the paper says in a reconstruction of events surrounding the tv programme which claimed to solve the mystery of her disappearance.

Aruban public prosecutor Hans Mos told the paper he did not want to have anything to do with the extra car trip because he was afraid it could be construed as entrapment and blow the case.

The final car trip with Van der Sloot and his 'friend' Patrick van der Eem took place on January 29 in a borrowed car which had been hastily kitted out with recording equipment, the paper said. The original had already been sold.

During that trip, Van der Sloot said he was not sure if Natalee had been dead when a friend dumped her body at sea ...

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/02/arubans_wary_of_fifth_car_trip

private eye
Discussion #742 3/10 -
« Reply #686 on: March 13, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »

But sharing information with people who work for people who are directly orchestrating the cover up, Rudy, or the Dutch, is the most irresponsible investigating I can imagine.

What I pray that Kyle and the crew of the Persistence will determine, is that regardless of how hard working the man that they are working with appears to work, his work belongs to Rudy, and Rudy belongs to the local dutch.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2689.msg364750#msg364750

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: October 12, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »

I DIDN'T KNOW F------ SURE SHE WAS DEAD!

While justifying why the Hans Mos did not detain Joran van der Sloot following the revelation of the Range Rover confession ... could it be that Peter Devries forgot that according to Joran's own words ... he did not know if Natalee Holloway was dead or alive when he assisted in carrying Natalee Holloway to the boat ... the boat that would be taken out to sea ... the boat from which Natalee would be dumped overboard.

Under Dutch law ... I would assume that dumping a person into the ocean from a boat ... a person who could possibly be alive ... is considered an offense.

Rather than justifying the non-action of the Hans Mos ... in the name of justice for Natalee Holloway ... Peter Devries should have been admonishing the prosecutor.

++++++++

According to Peter Devries

If, during the drives, Joran had admitted to doing something to Natalee, this would imply a different – more serious – offence, which would indeed have allowed for detention on remand.

However legally correct this may be, this approach remains incomprehensible and inconceivable to Natalee’s relatives.  During five separate drives, Joran admitted to being present when Natalie died, that he didn’t go for help but rather had her body dumped in the ocean so that the police and her relatives could never find out what happened.

Peter Devries

According to Joran van der Sloots

Patrick: How did you know she was dead?

Joran: She didn't move anymore.

Patrick: And Daury, did he check?

Joran: Yeah, he stood over her and looked at her.

Patrick: That's it? What if she was in coma?

Joran: Uh...I don't know. I didn't know, she could have been in a coma.  I didn't feel her, but it didn't look good. I didn't know fuckin sure she was dead. Daury looked at her and said she was dead. He just looked at her and said, she's dead.  Could've been a coma.

BUMPED

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: October 12, 2010, 09:22:07 PM »

Oh My God!!

THE COMPLETE INTERVIEW WITH BETH TWITTY
Thursday 31 January 2008

Beth Twitty: “Oh my god they could have dumped her alive in the ocean, just unconscious. I mean they don’t even know.”

http://www.peterrdevries.com/quote-beth.htm

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: October 12, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »

I DIDN'T KNOW F*****N SURE SHE WAS DEAD DEAD!

1.  Joran van der Sloot

Patrick: How did you know she was dead?

Joran: She didn't move anymore.

Patrick: And Daury, did he check?

Joran: Yeah, he stood over her and looked at her.

Patrick: That's it? What if she was in coma?

Joran: Uh...I don't know. I didn't know, she could have been in a coma.  I didn't feel her, but it didn't look good. I didn't know f*****n sure she was dead. Daury looked at her and said she was dead. He just looked at her and said, she's dead.  Could've been a coma.

2.  Beth Holloway

THE COMPLETE INTERVIEW WITH BETH TWITTY
Thursday 31 January 2008

Beth Twitty: “Oh my god they could have dumped her alive in the ocean, just unconscious. I mean they don’t even know.”

http://www.peterrdevries.com/quote-beth.htm

3.  Peter Devries

If, during the drives, Joran had admitted to doing something to Natalee, this would imply a different – more serious – offence, which would indeed have allowed for detention on remand.

However legally correct this may be, this approach remains incomprehensible and inconceivable to Natalee’s relatives.  During five separate drives, Joran admitted to being present when Natalie died, that he didn’t go for help but rather had her body dumped in the ocean so that the police and her relatives could never find out what happened.

For all clarity, the fact that Van der Sloot has not been taken into custody on remand does not mean that the judicial investigation against him has come to an end. Far from it. The Public Prosecutor is working hard on the case in which Joran van der Sloot is still prime suspect.

Peter Devries

?
Edit-language.  MB
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 09:52:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.