May 21, 2024, 07:39:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #11 4/05/11 - 4/29/13{REMAINS FOUND}  (Read 327136 times)
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: March 20, 2013, 10:00:06 AM »

Looking for info on that fire, anybody have it handy?

Found this but I don't remember the boundaries of the fire:

Posted in the media March 1, 2011:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=347906
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: March 20, 2013, 10:18:37 AM »

fatcatlurker, the area is ira tx

ira tx
http://goo.gl/maps/dEmP6

on the lake not far from intersection of CR3236 and FM1298
12697 County Road 11L ira tx
http://goo.gl/maps/sQPkD

looks like abandoned props just south of the 12697 addy
http://goo.gl/maps/nHwX3

i searched the 12697 addy above got no results
prop search
https://propaccess.trueautomation.com/ClientDB/PropertySearch.aspx?cid=58
http://www.scurrytex.com/

You, my friend have some wicked awesome eyes for searching!  I kept going in all last night/early today and couldn't see/find anything.   

I agree! Maybe it's those awesome bionic glasses that CW wears... 
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: March 20, 2013, 10:24:10 AM »

After leaving work shortly after 6:00 AM on the morning of December 27, 2010 ... it was revealed by cell phone pings that Shawn was in the Dunn area.  Could it be that Lake JB Thomas was Shawn's destination ... not his grandmother's home?

Janet

+++++

http://www.texasalmanac.com/sites/default/files/images/maps/Scurry.pdf

yes its possiable very close to ira,see next post for more info on ira
dunn tx
http://goo.gl/maps/QdIYV

Ira!!!  Ira is even closer to Dunn than Lake JB Thomas.

I read somewhere that Grandma was home asleep shortly after 6:00 AM on the morning of December 27, 2013.  She never heard a knock on the door.

IF the remains located in Ira turn out to be Hailey ... it make sense that Grandma's home was not Shawn's destination after leaving work.

Thanks cw618!

Janet

Janet, I've come to love & respect your memory! Thanks for this. I think you're onto something. I remember back when it was originally reported that Shawn stopped at his gmom's, several of us were skeptical. We thought he either stopped & discarded evidence there, or picked something up to use (maybe a shovel or something) in his hiding of evidence somewhere else...or that maybe he flat out lied as an alibi thinking his gmom would back him up in saying that he stopped there. Your scenario works best.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: March 20, 2013, 10:36:39 AM »

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2013-03-18/fbi-texas-rangers-seek-identify-body-scurry-county

FBI, Texas Rangers seek to identify body in Scurry County
Posted: March 18, 2013 - 7:52pm
Morris News ServiceThe entrance to J.B. Thomas Reservoir, south of Snyder.
By ADAM D. YOUNG
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

LUBBOCK - Investigators have raised more questions than given answers about human remains found in Scurry County in the vicinity of the J.B. Thomas Reservoir.

Authorities will say the decomposed body was found Saturday, March 16, among the cacti, mesquite trees and brush of a Scurry County field. A person reported finding the remains in the area about 1:10 p.m. Saturday.

But they won’t say if the remains are those of a man or woman, or about what age.

Texas Rangers, Scurry County Sheriff’s deputies and agents from the FBI have joined forces on this case.

Authorities continue to scour the area for other evidence and clues as to who the person was and how the body ended up in the field south of Snyder, about 80 miles from Lubbock, said Sparky Dean, a senior trooper with the Texas Department of Public Safety.

The search in that area could last several days. It’s unclear if a crime occurred, but investigators are treating the area as a crime scene, he said.

“We want to do this right,” he said.

Investigators have little to work with other than the remains, which will be sent eventually to a crime lab for an autopsy, Dean said.

“Decomposition has occurred — there is no flesh on the bones from what I’ve been told,” he said.

::snipping2::

Both Chaumont and a spokesperson for the Scurry County Sheriff’s Department referred all questions about the investigation to Dean.

Dean declined to pinpoint the location where the body was found, but said it was well off the beaten path and out of cellphone range.

Dean said investigators at the scene were “quick to point out (the body) doesn’t have anything to do with the lake.”

The reservoir is at 1 percent capacity but investigators do not believe remains were close enough for the low water level to reveal the body, he said.

Thank you Texasmom! Re my bold w/ red glow: I wonder how far away the remains were from the lake boundaries. Also, he said no flesh on the bones? That suggests more than just a femur, skull & tooth imo. I think its ironic that Dean said "well off the beaten path and out of cellphone range". Was that said to keep a person's guard down maybe?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: March 20, 2013, 10:56:26 AM »

No DNA being tested? Why? I understand dental a might get results faster but DNA should still be done if it can be extracted from the marrow in the femur. I mean, they said a tooth... If it's true that they're only doing dentals, then I sure hope they found more teeth. I hope this isn't true, that maybe investigators just aren't sharing everything with Billie like she seems to think they are. DNA should be run & put into a database just in case something happens in the future to the evidence...that is if DNA can be extracted at this point.

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/local/story/Hailey-Dunn-Scurry-county-body-found-Lubbock/VHuTvA6y0UmYzC9PE2ezfA.cspx

Investigators to use dental records to identify body in Scurry county
Published: 3/19 7:29 pm
Updated: 3/19 11:05 pm

Snipped:
Through a phone interview, Billie Dunn confirmed that because the dental records are a faster result. A DNA test was not ordered.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: March 20, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »

I wonder what the lake boundaries were in December of 2010 since it's water levels have gone down drastically... I read water level was at 6% in 2010 but at 1% now. If these remains were found away from the lake last Saturday, could they have actually been in the lake Dec 2010 but appear away from it now due to the drought? I wonder when that huge fire was that swept through that area & if it encompassed Lake JB Thomas. I know authorities said the remains have nothing to do with the lake but it still makes me wonder, unless the remains were just laying out in the open? However if they were in the open, and if this guy photographs the area almost daily, then how did these remains go unnoticed until now? Surely there were buzzards or something? No?

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=580562

Roads at Lake J.B. Thomas Reopen after Search for Remains Ends
By: Victor Sotelo
Updated: March 19, 2013

Snipped:
We came across a man who lives near the lake and who goes out almost daily to the rocky point area to document the drying up of the lake. His pictures give us an idea of the area that the remains were found.

It is a rocky part of the lake. In fact, we were told by a source that it was a person who was rock hunting that came across the remains[/b]. Remains that consisted of a what we are told is a femur, a skull and a tooth..

Hi Titch

There goes my theory that someone involved in the happenings encompassing the disappeance of Hailey Dunn or  ... someone who had knowlege grew a conscience and led authorities to the the remains.  Story of my life.

The remote location had convinced me that someone did not just happen to stumble upon these bones.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: March 20, 2013, 12:04:16 PM »

I wonder what the lake boundaries were in December of 2010 since it's water levels have gone down drastically... I read water level was at 6% in 2010 but at 1% now. If these remains were found away from the lake last Saturday, could they have actually been in the lake Dec 2010 but appear away from it now due to the drought? I wonder when that huge fire was that swept through that area & if it encompassed Lake JB Thomas. I know authorities said the remains have nothing to do with the lake but it still makes me wonder, unless the remains were just laying out in the open? However if they were in the open, and if this guy photographs the area almost daily, then how did these remains go unnoticed until now? Surely there were buzzards or something? No?

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=580562

Roads at Lake J.B. Thomas Reopen after Search for Remains Ends
By: Victor Sotelo
Updated: March 19, 2013

Snipped:
We came across a man who lives near the lake and who goes out almost daily to the rocky point area to document the drying up of the lake. His pictures give us an idea of the area that the remains were found.

It is a rocky part of the lake. In fact, we were told by a source that it was a person who was rock hunting that came across the remains[/b]. Remains that consisted of a what we are told is a femur, a skull and a tooth..

Hi Titch

There goes my theory that someone involved in the happenings encompassing the disappeance of Hailey Dunn or  ... someone who had knowlege grew a conscience and led authorities to the the remains.  Story of my life.

The remote location had convinced me that someone did not just happen to stumble upon these bones.

Janet

Hi back atcha! 

Janet, what I'm a little confused about is how these remains went unnoticed for so long when there's a person that photographs & documents the lake on an almost daily basis. I'm not insinuating that person's involved...rather I'm wondering exactly how hidden these remains were. Dean said or suggested they were scattered maybe? The land surrounding is filled with cactii & brush? So were the remains in a field hidden under brush or out in the open?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: March 20, 2013, 12:07:17 PM »

<respectfully snipped by Tamikosmom>

Thanks Klaas.

The location where the remains were discovered was so remote.  Could it be that fatcatlurker is correct in regards to the catalyst being a tip ... a tip from someone who has been in the know since the getgo or may have recently learned of the location from someone who grew a conscience?

Janet

I wonder if the remains were located nearer to the dirt road or farther away into the brush?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: March 20, 2013, 12:12:01 PM »

Initially Shawn Adkins claimed he went straight to his mother's home in Big Spring.  Then when cell phone records implied otherwise ... the story emerges that he drove to his Grandmother's home in Dunn but she wasn't home or was asleep.  It would be interesting to know how far the location where the remains were discovered is from Dunn.

Janet

++++

Investigators say human remains in advanced state of decomposition
Posted: March 18, 2013 - 3:34pm  |  Updated: March 19, 2013 - 12:26am

<snipped>

Authorities will say the decomposed body was found Saturday, March 16, among the cacti, mesquite trees and brush of a Scurry County field. A person reported finding the remains in the area at about 1:10 p.m. ....

Dean declined to pinpoint the location where the body was found, but said it was well off the beaten path and out of cellphone range.

<snipped>

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2013-03-18/fbi-texas-rangers-seek-identify-body-scurry-county

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: March 20, 2013, 12:13:12 PM »

Interesting... Where are these cabins & the lake's booming community? Did they all relocate after the drought set in? Here's a snippet but read on. I'm thinking this is a man made lake?

http://www.crmwd.org/crmwd_naturalresources_recreation_jbthomas.htm

Snip:
Lake J. B. Thomas

Lake J.B. Thomas was completed in 1952 and at that time, it was one of the only lakes in West Texas, an area that was aching for water recreation. For most of two decades, Lake Thomas was a booming community sporting three concessions, hundreds of lakeside cabins and a resident physician with a medical practice there. The lake was near full for most of those decades, spilling three times, the last of which was 1962.

By 1970, a drought was gripping the region which marked the beginning of a different era for Lake Thomas. Since then, it has rarely been above half full but even at very low levels, it covers a significant amount of surface acreage, making it very popular with area fishermen. Catches of black bass around 10 pounds, white bass, blue cats and crappie are common.

The District has 5 parks, South Side, Rocky Point, Sandy Beach, Bull Creek and White Island. South Side is the largest, with an accessible boat ramp even when the lake is very low. South Side, Rocky Point and Sandy Beach remain open regardless of lake levels but White Island and Bull Creek are dependent on water level.  Modern restrooms, pavilions, fire pits, campsites and boat ramps are maintained for public use.

Day, annual and senior vehicle permits are available. District regulations and ordinances pertaining to lots, boating, private docks and more are available in the official Rules and Regulations document.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: March 20, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »

Initially Shawn Adkins claimed he went straight to his mother's home in Big Spring.  Then when cell phone records implied otherwise ... the story emerges that he drove to his Grandmother's home in Dunn but she wasn't home or was asleep.  It would be interesting to know how far the location where the remains were discovered is from Dunn.

Janet

++++

<snipped>

Authorities will say the decomposed body was found Saturday, March 16, among the cacti, mesquite trees and brush of a Scurry County field. A person reported finding the remains in the area at about 1:10 p.m. ....

<snipped>

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2013-03-18/fbi-texas-rangers-seek-identify-body-scurry-county

I'm on my cell & would I think be easier to do on the computer, but maybe a map will help with points & "maybe" travel paths as follows:

Billie's home address
Shawn's work address
Billie's work address
Shawn's gmom's address
Shawn's mom's address

I'm thinking the location of these remains is smack dab in the middle of Shawn's gmom's & mom's houses. Going off of memory so forgive me if I'm wrong, just trying to remember...
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: March 20, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »

But other people are missing from the area too, right? I thought I just read that here while trying to catch up on what I've missed.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: March 20, 2013, 12:29:36 PM »

Omg it seems like I've tried forever to log in! Can't believe I figured it out! Missed you guys!

Welcome back Titch.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: March 20, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »

But other people are missing from the area too, right? I thought I just read that here while trying to catch up on what I've missed.

(Bolded by Me)

Two other men missing in this general area...

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=33454

Family Members of Missing Big Spring Residents React to Human Findings 3/22/12

Jason Britsch
CBS 7 News Reporter
March 22,2012

Big Spring--40 year-old Big Spring Resident William Arlin Bynum went missing back in 2003 after last being seen at a bar in downtown Big Spring.

Upon hearing that remains were found, Bynum's mom Deanna Hartford says that all she wants is closure.

"We would like for it to be him so we could have some closure and give him a resting place," said Hartford.

Hartford says that it's difficult losing one of her own.

"Arlin was our youngest child and it's just hard to be with him 40 years, everyday of his life and then all of sudden he's gone," said Hartford.

But they're not the only family dealing with a missing family member, 29 year-old Bobby Marquez Jr. disappeared in 1998 after he was last seen at a friends house. Marquez's uncle Raul Marquez says he agrees with Hartford's feelings.

"The family still wants some closure to it and you always hope that that's it so that we can close the case and move on with life," said Marquez.

But Marquez says that he and his family are not too sure the remains found are his nephew Bobby Jr.

"I've talked to some of the other family members and they also feel that it might not be Bobby Jr. because of the location," said Marquez.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: March 20, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »

I knew I read that here! Thank you Muffy!
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: March 20, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »

I know they said "badly decomposed remains" but I wonder the size of the bones, in specific the femur.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: March 20, 2013, 12:40:18 PM »

I know they said "badly decomposed remains" but I wonder the size of the bones, in specific the femur.

Unless it's just part of a femur?

I'm wondering the length & width bc wouldn't they be able to at least differentiate between adult, teen or child? Maybe?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: March 20, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »

Video at link & answer to my question... However, does exhumed mean buried?

http://www.ktxs.com/news/Human-remains-search-ends-in-Scurry-County-still-no-ID-on-body/-/14769632/19386320/-/10nem4vz/-/index.html

Human remains search ends in Scurry County, still no ID on body
By Jennifer Kendall, jkendall@ktxs.com
POSTED: 7:10 PM Mar 19 2013  UPDATED: 9:28 AM Mar 20 2013

Snipped:
After four days, authorities on Tuesday wrapped up their efforts to exhume human remains found near Lake JB Thomas in Scurry County southwest of Snyder.

Snipped:
The area where authorities searched Tuesday afternoon is dry and covered with brush and cacti. Orange flags marked the crime scene scattered around the area. The remains were found in a section of land covered in mesquite trees, cacti and thorns.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: March 20, 2013, 01:22:47 PM »

Janet

++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

I'm on my cell & would I think be easier to do on the computer, but maybe a map will help with points & "maybe" travel paths as follows:

Billie's home address
Shawn's work address
Billie's work address
Shawn's gmom's address
Shawn's mom's address

I'm thinking the location of these remains is smack dab in the middle of Shawn's gmom's & mom's houses. Going off of memory so forgive me if I'm wrong, just trying to remember...

Janet, found this & including our quotes so as to keep it together...

http://m.oaoa.com/news/crime_justice/law_enforcement/article_9cbb7914-9014-11e2-91ff-0019bb30f31a.html

Human remains found in Scurry County
Posted 2 days ago | BY CELINDA HAWKINS chawkins@oaoa.com Contact Celinda Hawkins on twitter @OAciti, on Facebook at OA Celinda Hawkins or call 432-333-7779.

Snipped:
The remains were found near the lake about 22 miles west of the community of Dunn, where Adkins lived with his grandmother following the teen’s disappearance.

Snipped:
Because of the extreme decomposition, investigators have been unable to determine the gender and age of the bones, including whether the remains are that of an adult or child. Billie Jean Dunn said investigators did not tell her whether clothing was found near the remains.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: March 20, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »

I'm confused... Did police speak with Billie or not? Billie says she's the only person outside of police & investigators that these officers working Hailey's case talk to. Then she again says she spoke with police and they said they're comparing dentals. Now I just came across this:

Hat tip to For The Kids at Websleuths for providing this...

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-courts/crime/2013-03-19/investigation-continues-human-remains-found-scurry-county#.UUnyH7e9Kc0

Investigation continues on human remains found in Scurry County
FBI, Texas Rangers working to identify skeletal remains found Saturday south of Snyder
Posted: March 19, 2013 - 7:50pm  |  Updated: March 20, 2013 - 12:38am

Snipped:
But, Dean said, law enforcement is not connecting the investigation with any missing persons cases, including the case of missing teenager Hailey Dunn.

Dunn was 13 when she was reported missing by her mother in December 2010 in Colorado City, about 30 miles southeast of the reservoir.

Dean said he is unaware of any investigators contacting family members.
“We don’t know who this is,” he said, adding the gender and age of the remains are unclear pending further investigation.

Me: So, did anybody from le talk to Billie about these remains or not? Maybe BJD is really FOS.
Edit to fix name typo, request by titch.  MB
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:52:22 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.