May 15, 2024, 11:52:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #572 1/11/2007  (Read 94911 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2007, 01:23:32 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Maybe some hot tea with honey?

And lemon juice. If you've got a lemon.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2007, 01:24:24 AM »

Ahhh, Joan Blondell sure was a cutie back in 1937.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2007, 01:26:24 AM »

Clear a sore throat and cough with honey. Those "honey and eucalyptus" cough lozenges really do work. Honey stops the cough and soothes the throat, while eucalyptus cools and cuts mucous. Do it yourself by putting a quarter cup of honey into a jar, then adding a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar. Take a teaspoon of this every two to three hours for your sore throat and coughing. Laryngitis can often be soothed and cleared up completely, using the same concoction.

Used to know a singer who used this. Strong hot tea with honey and lemon. I think any type of syrup might be an okay substitute.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2007, 01:28:07 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Anna, I hope you and Carnut feel better.  This is not a nice thing that is going around.  It has really been rough on a lot of people this year.  We need some cold to kill off all these dread bacteria and viruses.

I'm still wondering how I got it. Been hibernating in my house essentially since Christmas. Guess something could have wafted out thru the drive thru window into my car or someone may have sneezed on my Chicken Fry Steak dinner.

Do you ever go to the grocery store?

Quite literally only once a month or so. Last time was day or two after New Years.

Usually takes 5-14 days after exposure.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2007, 01:28:25 AM »

Oh yeah, I was gonna tell Anna I have been proven wrong or corrected on here many times, especially by Klaasend, and have admitted my errs.

Heck I posted back last year that I had the Pimp mobile wrong in my analysis of the stephy pics in the car. It definitely was the Honda sedan of Deepaks and not a SUV of any kind.

Funny how no one remembers those things.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2007, 01:33:06 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
I know we've all probably heard this, and am not sure if it applies to pneumonia - but among the common items that harbor and spread germs:

Door handles, knobs
Elevator buttons
Stair, escalator rails
ATM buttons

Basically anything that lots of people touch.

And IMO, just standing in a hospital is a risk for pneumonia. Don't know why that is, but I believe it.

I said this earlier, I think to Tyler - there is a LOT of pneumonia out there right now.

Yes, there really is.  I do not think I have ever heard of so much community- and hospital-acquired pneumonia in young people.  Hospitals are breeding grounds for pneuonia.  There are several types going on that you do not want to get, because they are difficult if not entirely unable to cure/treat.  Some of them are very resistant to the antibiotics we now have.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2007, 01:36:11 AM »

Think I'll just go to bed and suffer. For the escapades in my life, I think I deserve a bit of suffering.

Hmmm...
Steam is good. Don't need a humidifier. a pot , water and a stove is good. Hot shower wih the hot water on the back. Vick's Vapo Rub is sworn by by some little kid's Grammi-Kat  ( Me ).
Gooey drooling sticky snot running out of noses kids in a supermarket... they're little typhoid marys.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2007, 01:37:19 AM »

Carnut,
I am just teasing you.  You are entitled to your opinion the same as we are to ours about Joran and his boyfriend Guido.   Very Happy   Not sure such a relationship would actually be motive in this instance.  

Robots,
Yes, you are getting closer but not sure to what!   Shocked Keep thinking as it should take you somewhere as your thoughts to seem very logical and well organized.

Going to head for the monkey bunkey.  Still feel chilly and thermostat says it is 76 degrees in here.  Don't have time to be sick again!  Sometimes feel better after sleeping so hope that is true for all of us who are puny (haven't heard that word in a while   Very Happy ) tonight.

Goodnight all!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2007, 01:38:14 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

Think I'll just go to bed and suffer. For the escapades in my life, I think I deserve a bit of suffering.

Hmmm...
Steam is good. Don't need a humidifier. a pot , water and a stove is good. Hot shower wih the hot water on the back. Vick's Vapo Rub is sworn by by some little kid's Grammi-Kat  ( Me ).
Gooey drooling sticky snot running out of noses kids in a supermarket... they're little typhoid marys.

Heh, heh, you would not believe how much I avoid kids in a supermarket and everywhere else as well.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2007, 01:39:10 AM »

Nite Anna - I'm going to call it a night as well.

GOODNIGHT ALL - see you tomorrow. Hopefully there will be some news in the lawsuits tomorrow.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2007, 01:39:17 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Carnut,
I am just teasing you.  You are entitled to your opinion the same as we are to ours about Joran and his boyfriend Guido.   Very Happy   Not sure such a relationship would actually be motive in this instance.  

Robots,
Yes, you are getting closer but not sure to what!   Shocked Keep thinking as it should take you somewhere as your thoughts to seem very logical and well organized.

Going to head for the monkey bunkey.  Still feel chilly and thermostat says it is 76 degrees in here.  Don't have time to be sick again!  Sometimes feel better after sleeping so hope that is true for all of us who are puny (haven't heard that word in a while   Very Happy ) tonight.

Goodnight all!

WOW!!! I keep my thermostat set on 66 degrees.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2007, 01:40:08 AM »

KatGram,
Also had to say that yes, your kitty avatar is just too cute!  I love that little guy and wish I had one just like him.   He would keep all those mean old mice away.  Or not.  Might just be cute but that he is.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2007, 01:54:10 AM »

KatGram,
Also had to say that yes, your kitty avatar is just too cute!  I love that little guy and wish I had one just like him.   He would keep all those mean old mice away.  Or not.  Might just be cute but that he is.

Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2007, 01:55:00 AM »

Carnut,

Robots,

Goodnight all!

WOW!!! I keep my thermostat set on 66 degrees.

mine is at 70  Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2007, 02:01:35 AM »

Carnut - Have you gotten a pneumonia shot?  Probably would be a good idea.

Nope, been thinking about looking in the medicine cabinent to see if I have any old cough syrup.

Don't use OLD cough syrup.  You had 9th grade chemistry, right?

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2007, 02:04:40 AM »

Hello Monkeys!

I'm just stopping in to say hello & that I'm fine.  Now that my incision is closed, I've been very busy catching up on things that have been on hold for the last 2 1/2 months.

I'll be checking in to see if there is anything new happening, but probably wont be posting much for a couple more days.

I miss y'all.  Take care!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2007, 02:17:16 AM »

Thank you, Klaas,

That is a very intriguing little tiny island.  It has a medical school.   Shocked Not sure that is one diploma I would want to see on my way into surgery.   Shocked Famous for lace that the women make by hand.  Doesn't seem very developed at all.

I wonder if the guy fell down a mine shaft or behind some rocks or something.  They need cadaver dogs and scent dogs for the search.  I wonder if they have them.

They had a tv show, comedy, about an off-shore medical school years ago.  I wonder if it was filmed there or based on that school.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2007, 02:29:30 AM »

Just what is it about the term 'illegals' that our government/law enforcement don't understand?

The problem is the Mexican government, Hispanic activists and illegal immigrants don't agree.  That's a lot of votes.  I'm thinking that if they made them all legal, all their fake names, ssn's and other fake ID would have to change.  It would be a mess.  Oh wait, it's a mess now with all the "I pay taxes" stuff.  Who gets the refund?  What's the SSN on the tax return?  What's the name on your drivers license?  Does your employer know your real name?  A mess I tell you.  And I don't like that some protestors shouted down one of the Minutemen who tried to speak at Columbia (I think).  I'd like to put a wall of armed guards along that border instead of a fence.  I think I have to write my senators.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
crazybabyborg
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2007, 04:38:41 AM »

LALA'S, SUE, LOUISE, MRS. RED

Your new or improved avatar is in the lounge. Even if you have one, please check the Lounge to see if it's working better!

TCU, MUFFEE, THIRDSTRIKE, ROBOTS, BOC, and Im not sure if I forgot someone.... Crying or Very sad , yours is in the Lounge.

Other than Carnut,  (I need to ask about him about his picture), I don't have any other avatars saved. So, either I haven't been here when you were lately, or I've missed you. If you'd like me to make one for you, I'm happy to do that. Just leave me a note in the Lounge!

Klaas? Could you please help me let everyone know as they come into the cage? TIA!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2007, 04:41:31 AM »

SIRENSONG I knew I'd forgotten someone!

Your Valentine avatar is in the Lounge, if you want it!  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.