May 13, 2024, 03:13:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 182783 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2007, 11:20:26 PM »

how do i do it so it will move...thankssssss CBB, I love it, but not sure how to put it in my profile so it moves

SHELL  - that was it, it was just a little to large a file.  I made it a little smaller and reuploaded it for you  Wink

Thanks so much Klaas~I appreciate that Very Happy

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2007, 11:22:30 PM »

how do i do it so it will move...thankssssss CBB, I love it, but not sure how to put it in my profile so it moves

SHELL  - that was it, it was just a little to large a file.  I made it a little smaller and reuploaded it for you  Wink

Thanks so much Klaas~I appreciate that Very Happy

I just love what CBB did for you!  She is so talented!
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2007, 11:26:20 PM »

CBB...I am very proud of my avi and I just might post more often to show it off Wink

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2007, 11:30:14 PM »

I just posted a question on the Natalee asking how much luck and action/non=action everyone was having re: Beth's book on Tues. or before?

Anyone having any luck here?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2007, 11:30:56 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298682,00.html

'Catastrophic Volcanic Eruption' on Red Sea Island Off Yemen
Sunday , September 30, 2007

TORONTO —

A volcano has erupted on a tiny island off the coast of Yemen, spewing lava and ash hundreds of feet into the air, a Canadian naval vessel near the island in the Red Sea reported Sunday. The Yemeni government asked NATO to assist in searching for survivors.

Ken Allan, a Navy Public Affairs with the Canadian Armed Forces, said a NATO fleet just outside the territorial waters of the island Jazirt Atta-Ir reported seeing a "catastrophic volcanic eruption." The 2-mile-long island is about 70 miles off the coast of Yemen.

"At this time, the entire island is aglow with lava and magma as it pours down into the sea. We do not have confirmation of how many people were on this island at the time of the eruption," Allan said in an e-mail.

"The lava is spewing hundreds of feet into the air, with the volcanic ash also (rising) a thousand feet in the air," Allan said.

The Canadian Armed Forces said they are trying to locate nine people believed to be at sea after the Yemen coast guard requested help.

The NATO fleet was sailing toward the Suez Canal when it spotted the eruption. The government of Yemen asked NATO to assist in the search for survivors and the closet ship, the HMCS Toronto, is heading toward the island.

Yemen is a poor tribal Sunni Muslim country at the southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2007, 11:33:44 PM »

I just posted a question on the Natalee asking how much luck and action/non=action everyone was having re: Beth's book on Tues. or before?

Anyone having any luck here?

I just received an email today from Amazon saying my order was shipped and I should receive it by 10/4. Wink
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2007, 11:36:26 PM »

Hi All,

I know right now is a very busy time with Beth's Book,Madeline and other missing persons but we have a Mom here that could use your help in a email campaign. Her Son has been missing a year and she has had no national media exposure and it may be very helpfull to her if a few of us could send some emails for her if you have the time..I wrote a list of contact emails for the media and I know she would be extremely greatfull any help that we give her..She comes here daily and I dont know of too many ways we can help her besides getting her some exposure..Thanks!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1318.100

Hey, *******...is the list on the thread you've posted?  If so, I'll be back in the AM...to check it out.  Please advise...thanks.  I've been following Clinton's case & do not want to disappoint Carolyn by any means.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2007, 11:38:39 PM »

good news Klaas

As you know I can't get the SM/Amazon link to come up on a dial=up modem (says it times out) so will order mine via a neighbor's computer

Borders quoted me $24.95.. is that the going rate? I don't know why I thought it was $16 or so.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2007, 11:42:25 PM »

Lois Maxwell, the actress that played Miss Moneypenny in the James Bond movies has died at the age of 80.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/09/30/1191090952103.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2007, 11:43:05 PM »

good news Klaas

As you know I can't get the SM/Amazon link to come up on a dial=up modem (says it times out) so will order mine via a neighbor's computer

Borders quoted me $24.95.. is that the going rate? I don't know why I thought it was $16 or so.

I think it's 16 or so at Amazon.  Not sure how that works exactly because I know Borders uses Amazon as their "check out".  Might also be less expensive online than in the store. 

Edited to add:  I just typed in www.borders.com and it brought me to a Borders/Amazon site.  When I type in Loving Natalee it says $16.47.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_bgi/102-4215468-4100120?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=loving+natalee

IBE - if you happen to have a Borders giftcard  Wink you may not be able to go through the SM Amazon link.  You may have to go to www.borders.com
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 11:48:21 PM by klaasend » Logged
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2007, 11:56:39 PM »

Yes, 16 is what they quoted me last week but the sales person said $24 tonight. I remember seeing Dave's book was $24 so might have had a tired bookseller.

Will check out Borders online. Thanks

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2007, 11:57:42 PM »

I wish to contrib via Amazon to SM... will do it for Christmas!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2007, 12:01:35 AM »

I wish to contrib via Amazon to SM... will do it for Christmas!

Laughing
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2007, 12:28:10 AM »

Hi All,

I know right now is a very busy time with Beth's Book,Madeline and other missing persons but we have a Mom here that could use your help in a email campaign. Her Son has been missing a year and she has had no national media exposure and it may be very helpfull to her if a few of us could send some emails for her if you have the time..I wrote a list of contact emails for the media and I know she would be extremely greatfull any help that we give her..She comes here daily and I dont know of too many ways we can help her besides getting her some exposure..Thanks!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1318.100

Hey, *******...is the list on the thread you've posted?  If so, I'll be back in the AM...to check it out.  Please advise...thanks.  I've been following Clinton's case & do not want to disappoint Carolyn by any means.

Yes it is and thank you..She's a nice lady and I think its possible we could really help her if enough us wrote and were persistent..

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
crazybabyborg
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2007, 05:12:02 AM »

IBE? Klaas and I are trying to find something that's "you" for Halloween. I thought I'd see if this "fits".  Wink

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/hib.gif
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2007, 06:04:58 AM »

Good Morning!...Great day to be a Cleveland Browns fan! (Sorry Ang...we don't get many great ones!) Very Happy

back to catching up...
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2007, 07:44:55 AM »

UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS LOCKED DOWN AFTER STUDENT ATHLETE REPORTEDLY IS SHOT DEAD OUTSIDE DORM

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2007, 08:20:28 AM »

Good morning  sunny   to Mum, San and everyone out there in Scared Monkeys Land salut   It's back to the work week.  Happy Monday Morning.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2007, 08:31:39 AM »

Good morning  sunny   to Mum, San and everyone out there in Scared Monkeys Land salut   It's back to the work week.  Happy Monday Morning.   

Good Morning MuffyBee!  Hope you had a great weekend.  Probably should go into lurk mode today now I've finally caught up! Can't wait to see what Beth and Greta have to say about the wekend!  It's going to rain here and have heaps to do outside so will be back later.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2007, 08:40:06 AM »

Good Morning MuffyBee!  Hope you had a great weekend.  Probably should go into lurk mode today now I've finally caught up! Can't wait to see what Beth and Greta have to say about the wekend!  It's going to rain here and have heaps to do outside so will be back later.

I  too can't wait to see what Beth and Greta have to say about the weekend.  Should be very interesting, particulalry the video Greta shot and referenced.  I hope we hear more about the search TES and some of our monkeys participated in for Naomi Arnette.  A body was found, but the identification process is continuing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.