May 05, 2024, 05:09:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 544421 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1780 on: May 27, 2010, 10:51:57 PM »

9 pounds?  Petey is a    in comparison, he's 16.8 pounds and is only 7 months old 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1781 on: May 28, 2010, 12:13:38 AM »

Sharing pics, New Pics of Deenie - taken just days ago.
Her's is enjoying some grass - in the back yard. I put the camera to her face level - had no clue what I was snapping (( she won't look at me when I try to take her photo))

She caught in a moment  Happy ~ with her little tooth and smile she reminds me of Precious Pup ..the toon doggy.
One more photo of her - she looks like a tiny Doe. Her ears are so gigantic compared to the rest of her.

Her's only weighs 9lbs - her 2nd birthday is soon - June 2nd.

an angelic monkey

She is a cutie!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1782 on: May 28, 2010, 03:08:53 AM »

Petey has been so good about not licking his stitches that I removed the "cone of embarrassment"      He's back to his normal self as if nothing happened 
Yes it is embarrassing that " Cone" - omg. You can actually feel their embarrassment.
The tell you in many ways- eyes, expression and rumbles of Sighs  " OMG GET this THING off Me Now" - they feel so " pants on the ground" lol.
I am happy to hear that Petey is FREE of his Cone 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1783 on: May 28, 2010, 03:21:55 AM »

9 pounds?  Petey is a    in comparison, he's 16.8 pounds and is only 7 months old 
Yep Klaas " 9 dinky lbs" - My daughter weighed 9lbs at 4wks old. When and if I have to carry Deenie - I almost cannot feel her. She is like holding a baby doll - she is just that little. She is so dang cute.  Her new " gig" I am not so liking though. She has started watching TV. She used to just lay next to me and not care. NOW she pays attention to everything on the TV. And she Barks, and or Voice's her opinion..she makes this face with her lips into motion "can't describe" and out comes out Rrroooooooooule that lasts forever. That it makes it hard for me to watch a Movie without her " Talking to the Screen"...lord .. NO matter what movie it is. OH and the new Marmaduke Movie commercials are killing me ....... 9 lbs of Ruckus in my Girl Cave. 
I found out too that I am not allowed to watch " Animal Planet Chimp Eden" of all shows ..lol.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1784 on: May 28, 2010, 09:00:10 AM »

Yep Klaas " 9 dinky lbs" - My daughter weighed 9lbs at 4wks old. When and if I have to carry Deenie - I almost cannot feel her. She is like holding a baby doll - she is just that little. She is so dang cute.  Her new " gig" I am not so liking though. She has started watching TV. She used to just lay next to me and not care. NOW she pays attention to everything on the TV. And she Barks, and or Voice's her opinion..she makes this face with her lips into motion "can't describe" and out comes out Rrroooooooooule that lasts forever. That it makes it hard for me to watch a Movie without her " Talking to the Screen"...lord .. NO matter what movie it is. OH and the new Marmaduke Movie commercials are killing me ....... 9 lbs of Ruckus in my Girl Cave. 
I found out too that I am not allowed to watch " Animal Planet Chimp Eden" of all shows ..lol.

She's just too cute and I can visualize her howling at the TV.  Sometimes it's a "tone" they hear that we don't necessarily pick up.  One of my pups used to do that to certain songs on TV, it was really funny.     
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1785 on: May 28, 2010, 02:47:39 PM »

PLEASE  KEEP HER GOING.

This  woman is walking the World for Breast Cancer. Please pass her on so  that she can reach her destination. Say a prayer for all those who  are affected by this terrible disease. She's walking around the  world via e-mail & blog!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1786 on: May 28, 2010, 11:47:21 PM »

Thanks Klaas

I cannot comprehend why a cure for this dreaded disease has been so elusive.  It is akin to a thief in the night.  It can strike so unexpectedly.

A few weeks back ... my son and DIL along with several other young couples from their church solicited pledges for the cure and then they all participated in 10 mile marathon a few weeks back.  One of the participates ... a close friend ... was diagnosed with breast cancer this past Monday.  She is only 28 years old. 

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1787 on: May 29, 2010, 09:30:58 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5pfBUUZNbFM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5pfBUUZNbFM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1788 on: May 29, 2010, 12:10:38 PM »

Received this today and wanted to share. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

STELLA AWARDS

It's time again for the annual Stella Awards.  For those unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico , where she purchased coffee.  You remember, she took the lid off the coffee and put it between her knees while she was driving.  Who would ever think one could get burned doing that, right?  That's right; these are awards for the most outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S.  You know, the kinds of cases that make you scratch your head and say WTF.  So keep your head scratcher handy. 

Here are the Stellas for the past year: 

* SEVENTH PLACE * 

Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store.  The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son.

Start scratching!

* SIXTH PLACE  * 

Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles , California , won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

Scratch some more...

* FIFTH PLACE * 

Terrence Dickson, of Bristol , Pennsylvania , who was leaving a house he had just burglarized by way of the garage.  Unfortunately for Dickson, the automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the garage door to open.  Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the door connec ting the garage to the house locked when Dickson pulled it shut.  Forced to sit for eight, count 'em, EIGHT days and survive on a case of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming undue mental anguish.  Amazingly, the jury said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish.  We should all have this kind of anguish.  Keep scratching .. There are more......

Double hand scratching after this one.....

* FOURTH PLACE * 

Jerry Williams, of Little Rock, Arkansas, garnered 4th Place in the Stella's when he was awarded $14,500 plus medical expenses after being bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's beagle - even though the beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard.  Williams did not get as much as he asked for because the jury believed the beagle might have been provoked at the time of the butt bite because Williams had climbed over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet gun.

Pick a new spot to scratch, you're getting a bald spot..

* THIRD PLACE *

Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, because a jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone.  The reason the soft drink was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

Only two more so ease up on the scratching....

*SECOND PLACE* 

Kara Walton, of Claymont , Delaware , sued the owner of a night club in a  nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth.  Even though Ms.Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the night club had to pay her $12,000 ..... oh, yeah, plus dental expenses.     

OK.  Here we go!!

* FIRST PLACE * 

This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was:  Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased new 32-foot Winnebago motor home.  On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich.  Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed an d overturned.  Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set.  The Oklahoma jury awarded her “- are you sitting down? --- $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home.  Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home. 

Are we, as a society, getting more stupid ....

or are more members of Congress
serving on juries these days?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1789 on: May 29, 2010, 12:41:57 PM »

Received this today and wanted to share. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

STELLA AWARDS

It's time again for the annual Stella Awards.  For those unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico , where she purchased coffee.  You remember, she took the lid off the coffee and put it between her knees while she was driving.  Who would ever think one could get burned doing that, right?  That's right; these are awards for the most outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S.  You know, the kinds of cases that make you scratch your head and say WTF.  So keep your head scratcher handy. 

Here are the Stellas for the past year: 

* SEVENTH PLACE * 

Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store.  The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son.

Start scratching!

* SIXTH PLACE  * 

Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles , California , won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

Scratch some more...

* FIFTH PLACE * 

Terrence Dickson, of Bristol , Pennsylvania , who was leaving a house he had just burglarized by way of the garage.  Unfortunately for Dickson, the automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the garage door to open.  Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the door connec ting the garage to the house locked when Dickson pulled it shut.  Forced to sit for eight, count 'em, EIGHT days and survive on a case of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming undue mental anguish.  Amazingly, the jury said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish.  We should all have this kind of anguish.  Keep scratching .. There are more......

Double hand scratching after this one.....

* FOURTH PLACE * 

Jerry Williams, of Little Rock, Arkansas, garnered 4th Place in the Stella's when he was awarded $14,500 plus medical expenses after being bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's beagle - even though the beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard.  Williams did not get as much as he asked for because the jury believed the beagle might have been provoked at the time of the butt bite because Williams had climbed over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet gun.

Pick a new spot to scratch, you're getting a bald spot..

* THIRD PLACE *

Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, because a jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone.  The reason the soft drink was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

Only two more so ease up on the scratching....

*SECOND PLACE* 

Kara Walton, of Claymont , Delaware , sued the owner of a night club in a  nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth.  Even though Ms.Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the night club had to pay her $12,000 ..... oh, yeah, plus dental expenses.     

OK.  Here we go!!

* FIRST PLACE * 

This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was:  Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased new 32-foot Winnebago motor home.  On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich.  Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed an d overturned.  Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set.  The Oklahoma jury awarded her “- are you sitting down? --- $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home.  Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home. 

Are we, as a society, getting more stupid ....

or are more members of Congress
serving on juries these days?
That was an urban myth -- but it DOES figure since she was an OU football fan!!! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1790 on: May 29, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, the "Stella Awards" are fake according to Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1791 on: May 29, 2010, 06:04:34 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, the "Stella Awards" are fake according to Snopes:

Thank You Klaas. Does make me feel better

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1792 on: May 29, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »

Thank You Klaas. Does make me feel better

I'm glad that all worked out.  And here's one that made me feel really bad.       It gave me one of those "what's this world coming to" feelings.      But then an angel come forth and made it better:   an angelic monkey 

http://lubbockonline.com/national-news/2010-05-29/police-wheelchair-ramp-stolen-ohio-home

Police: Wheelchair ramp stolen from Ohio home
May 29, 2010
ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) — Police in northeast Ohio are looking for thieves who stole a wheelchair ramp from a woman's home, and a local business offered Saturday to replace it with a free upgrade.

Cordelia Simpson, 34, said she discovered Thursday morning that someone had stolen the 10-foot wooden ramp leading from the porch to the sidewalk at her rental home in Elyria.

Simpson suffers from bone deterioration and weakness in her legs. She can walk short distances but uses an electric wheelchair for longer ones.

John Wright, owner of an American Ramp Services franchise in North Olmsted, said he would replace the stolen ramp.

"I ... could not stand the thought of the woman being unable to leave her house over Memorial Day weekend, and I knew I had to do something," he said. "This is a woman with three children, that's just not right."

Wright said he planned to install a steel ramp that usually costs about $4,000.

"What an amazing thing to do," Simpson said. "Thank God there are such generous, decent people out there. I always wanted a steel ramp, but I could never afford one."

Simpson said she doesn't know who would have stolen the ramp that would have been too big for one person to carry.

"I can't believe anyone would do this," she said. "It's the only way I can get in or out of the house. They could have taken my television or anything else and I wouldn't have cared."

She said someone had previously broken into her basement and tried unsuccessfully to get to the first floor. She said she believes they returned early Thursday and that she called police at about 2 a.m. after hearing banging coming from the basement.

By 6:30 a.m. the ramp was gone.

"I couldn't believe it when she told me the ramp was gone," said neighbor Garett Smith. "I'm a pretty big guy and I could barely lift it. ... They had to have known we called the police on them."

Elyria Police Lt. Andy Eichenlaub said officers are investigating.

"This could have serious consequences," he said. "What would happen if her house caught fire? She would not be able to escape."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1793 on: May 29, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12565332
Woman abducted in front of Target store
Posted: May 29, 2010 2:05 PM CDT Updated: May 29, 2010 2:05 PM CDT
STAFFORD, VA (WWBT) – The Stafford County Sheriff's Office is searching for a young woman who was taken against her will from the parking lot of a Target store.

Investigators say around 11:30 Saturday morning, the woman was standing in front of the store when a dark green colored van approached her with a side door already open.

Witnesses told deputies that a man exited the vehicle. With the help of another woman already outside the van, he forced the victim inside.

Sheriff's deputies say several people witnessed the apparent abduction and claimed the victim was screaming and struggling to escape.

Investigators describe the van as a Dodge Caravan with tinted rear cargo windows, a license number of 984-610, and possible Rhode Island tags.

The van was last seen traveling onto Rt. 17 in an unknown direction.

The Stafford County Sheriff's Office is asking that if anyone has any information about this incident call the Sheriff's Office at 540-658-4400.

Police release surveillance video of abduction  http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12565332#

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1794 on: May 30, 2010, 09:27:50 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/30/ca-mom-finds-kidnapped-daughter-facebook/

May 30, 2010
California Mom Finds Kidnapped Daughter on Facebook

A father is behind bars, arrested for allegedly kidnapped his own children from California 14 years ago, and bringing them to Central Florida to live.

A father is behind bars, arrested for allegedly kidnapped his own children from California 14 years ago, and bringing them to Central Florida to live.

For years, investigators have been searching for him, but it was the social networking website Facebook that delivered the break it took more than a decade to get, MyFoxOrlando reports.

Faustino Utrera is now charged with two counts of kidnapping, and two counts of violating child custody orders.

According to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office, Utrera was at a bus stop on Wednesday at about 2:30 in the afternoon, waiting to pick up his 16-year-old son from school, when he was taken into custody.

Faustino's 16-year-old son and 17-year-old daughter had been attending celebration high school. Investigators said the family of three had actually been living in the palm key mobile home park in Polk County.

Investigators said that in 1995, Utrera took his two kids from the family's San Bernardino, California home and disappeared.

Then just last march, investigators said the mother of the children was on Facebook and found her daughter. When she began conversing online, her very own daughter, who hadn't seen her since she was 3 years old, told her mom she wanted nothing to do with her and deleted her Facebook page.

San Bernardino authorities issued an out-of-state arrest warrant, and this past Wednesday, Osceola County deputies caught up with Utrera.

We know Faustino's daughter is about to turn 18, and she officially graduated from celebration high school on Thursday night. For now, both children are in the custody of the State of Florida.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1795 on: May 30, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »

Hey Everyone. Today is the 5th anniversary of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba; i saw Beth this morn on Today. i can't believe it's been 5 years! Beth still has hope the information is out there, so do I. Have a great Memorial day weekend, Love you all! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1796 on: May 30, 2010, 12:24:37 PM »

Hey Everyone. Today is the 5th anniversary of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba; i saw Beth this morn on Today. i can't believe it's been 5 years! Beth still has hope the information is out there, so do I. Have a great Memorial day weekend, Love you all! 

Hi Monken   It's been five years since Natalee disappeared in Aruba and we're still here for her.  Beth is an amazing woman     I hope you're having a good weekend 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1797 on: May 30, 2010, 01:07:29 PM »

5 of Woman's Dogs Die From Bee Stings 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7996.msg1141681#msg1141681

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1798 on: May 31, 2010, 11:29:07 AM »

If you watch this live feed of the oil plume from the pipe, it appears NOW that there is a flame coming out of the pipe under water.  I didn't see that in previous live streams:

Watch it live:

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1799 on: May 31, 2010, 07:53:32 PM »

They are still cutting away using the ROV

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.