May 13, 2024, 11:49:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 407945 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2540 on: January 02, 2010, 10:03:56 PM »

Look at Digger.   
I just had to put him on tonight.   

Going back to work in the kitchen.See you monkeys in the morning.   an angelic monkey
Digger is adorble in his fancy hat!! Have fun in the kitchen  Monkey Devil!

Good grief,I could scream.Just say no to wallpaper border.   Monkey Devil! I have high ceilings and my step ladder is not quite high enough.Big ladder is in hubby's shop and he isn't home yet.I am not going outside now.    No telling what is lurking around out there.I got one wall stripped and primed.    I will be taking pain meds by tomorrow afternoon.
I was moving my Grandfather clock around to get it out of the way and I found a letter that my son had written to my Granddaughter and myself back in 2003,while he was living in another part of the state.I had stuck it up there and forgot about it.I sat down in the floor,wallpaper bits scattered all around me and cried as I read it.There were 2 pictures that he had drawn and I just lost it.Having a pity party in the kitchen floor. I must have look like a crazy woman.
Then I come here and look at all the pretty avis and it does a monkey good.   an angelic monkey I feel much better now.   
I'll see you all in the morning.Gotta get some more work done.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2541 on: January 02, 2010, 10:06:11 PM »

Me thinks all monkeys are looking quite lovely in their new valetine duds!   
you look lovely as well! 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2542 on: January 02, 2010, 10:07:23 PM »

I just had to put this avatar up of Zoe in her Minnie Pearl hat 

I can add a price tag, you know Wink

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2543 on: January 02, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »

Nite monkeys. Just heard from my skating coach. Starting next Saturday I will have to get up at the crack azz of dawn to go to skate school and Tuesdays at fourish. My New Year's resolution is to pass my pre bronze test, win a proper competition against other skaters. I really want to win against another skater. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #2544 on: January 02, 2010, 10:18:46 PM »

Great it is supposed to get really cold this week. I thought I was rid of cold weather.

BBL, going to take Josef out one more time tonight. I think he may be getting arthritis because he acts like it hurts to get up off the floor and jump on the bed. He is probably just fooling me, because he has no problem chasing cats or geese.  Monkey Devil!
JSM. Josef is just trying to guilt you into never leaving him again. You watch, tomorrow morning he'll be hoppping around on the side of your bed, with a pair of flip flops in his mouth, muttering something about "payback"! He'll be fine. He also probably wants cable so he can watch the Pet channel! Monkey Devil!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2545 on: January 02, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »

I just had to put this avatar up of Zoe in her Minnie Pearl hat 

I can add a price tag, you know Wink

Luv it!!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2546 on: January 02, 2010, 10:24:37 PM »

Look at Digger.   
I just had to put him on tonight.   

Going back to work in the kitchen.See you monkeys in the morning.   an angelic monkey
Digger is adorble in his fancy hat!! Have fun in the kitchen  Monkey Devil!

Good grief,I could scream.Just say no to wallpaper border.   Monkey Devil! I have high ceilings and my step ladder is not quite high enough.Big ladder is in hubby's shop and he isn't home yet.I am not going outside now.    No telling what is lurking around out there.I got one wall stripped and primed.    I will be taking pain meds by tomorrow afternoon.
I was moving my Grandfather clock around to get it out of the way and I found a letter that my son had written to my Granddaughter and myself back in 2003,while he was living in another part of the state.I had stuck it up there and forgot about it.I sat down in the floor,wallpaper bits scattered all around me and cried as I read it.There were 2 pictures that he had drawn and I just lost it.Having a pity party in the kitchen floor. I must have look like a crazy woman.
Then I come here and look at all the pretty avis and it does a monkey good.   an angelic monkey I feel much better now.   

I am so sorry you got sad, Trimm.

Also, you work too hard!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2547 on: January 02, 2010, 10:25:37 PM »

Great it is supposed to get really cold this week. I thought I was rid of cold weather.

BBL, going to take Josef out one more time tonight. I think he may be getting arthritis because he acts like it hurts to get up off the floor and jump on the bed. He is probably just fooling me, because he has no problem chasing cats or geese.  Monkey Devil!
JSM. Josef is just trying to guilt you into never leaving him again. You watch, tomorrow morning he'll be hoppping around on the side of your bed, with a pair of flip flops in his mouth, muttering something about "payback"! He'll be fine. He also probably wants cable so he can watch the Pet channel! Monkey Devil!
  Monkey Devil! thanks Tevye. He knows how to play me.  Monkey Devil! I have been checking into Uverse, so I can have cable during the Olympics. Just have to make sure I get all the channels before I pay for it. I hope you are doing well.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2548 on: January 02, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »

Tevye:

Have ya seen Bob ready for Valentine's Day yet?

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #2549 on: January 02, 2010, 11:14:15 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys !

I got my new memory into my computer all by myself. I am so proud of me. Just cleaning the dust out of the motherboard probably did wonders.

I was just listening to Charlotte news, a POS raped a little girl a couple of days ago. He was found shot to death in his home. The little girl's Dad is in jail. I hope he does not have to serve time . This should be a classic case of temporary insanity or a crime of passion . At least the POS ( who was an RSO ) won't be hurting anymore children.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #2550 on: January 02, 2010, 11:23:12 PM »

Goodnight Monkeys! Heading to bed....It is down to 19 as of 11 pm here in good ole S.C. Low of 14. Burrrrrrrrrr

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2551 on: January 02, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »

Goodnight Monkeys! Heading to bed....It is down to 19 as of 11 pm here in good ole S.C. Low of 14. Burrrrrrrrrr

That's mighty cold for SC isn't it?  Get under the blankies and stay warm.  I am going to call it a night too. Nite Nite Monkeys.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2552 on: January 03, 2010, 03:42:06 AM »

(snipped by BG)

Trimm, that doesn't sound like a pity party.... sounds more like precious memories revisited.    an angelic monkey

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #2553 on: January 03, 2010, 08:16:25 AM »

Tevye:

Thanks Brandi! I selected one, but you know Bob, he'll wait till the last minute to change out of his Christmas duds. He may be a slob. but he loves Christmas!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2554 on: January 03, 2010, 08:20:05 AM »

Good Morning!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2555 on: January 03, 2010, 08:21:57 AM »

Tevye:

Thanks Brandi! I selected one, but you know Bob, he'll wait till the last minute to change out of his Christmas duds. He may be a slob. but he loves Christmas!

SpongeBob could never be a slob!
He just has his own sense of fashion.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2556 on: January 03, 2010, 08:23:48 AM »

(snipped by BG)

Trimm, that doesn't sound like a pity party.... sounds more like precious memories revisited.    an angelic monkey

It really was.
I hope you are doing well.I was wondering where you were the last couple of days.   

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2557 on: January 03, 2010, 09:04:07 AM »

January 2, 2010
Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin are the reigning World Champions in Ice Dance, however, they have fallen off the radar this Olympic season after missing the Grand Prix series due to Shabalin's reoccurring knee injury.

Last week, the team finally debuted their programs at the Russian National Figure Skating Championships in St. Petersburg. The question wasn't if they would win, but what kind of programs they had picked for this season and what shape are they in.

People were in for a surprise. Domnina and Shabalin went into a completely and new direction with their "Aboriginal" original dance, and also looked different in their dramatic free dance to The Double Life of Véronique.

"We've searched for a long time," said Domnina of their original dance. "We were looking at different choices. We wanted to do something new and unusual and Natalia Vladimirovna (Linichuk) suggested this music to us.

"At first we declined," said Domnina. "This music was difficult to understand when we heard it for the first time, and I think it is also difficult for the spectators and others."

Nevertheless, the team decided this would be something new and different and they went for it. "I don't remember what I thought when I heard the music for the first time," said Shabalin. "I think this music has found us, not we found the music. Of course, this was a risk, but we went for it because we were hoping to be different from the other couples."

The former European Champions did research on the internet and watched videos of Aboriginal dances. "Actually we put this dance together rather easily although it is something unusual for us," Domnina pointed out. "We didn't have any major problems with creating and doing these moves. We've watched video clips in the internet of these dances and it is really like this - complete with the leaves around the knees (see photo)."

It takes Shabalin about 15 minutes to apply his make-up, while his partner needs about 45 minutes. At nationals, make-up artists were on hand to help, but usually the skaters do it themselves. "Usually we are sitting and chanting mantras for five hours and are applying the make-up to each other," joked Shabalin. "This was at the beginning, but now the time is shorter and we went down from five hours to about 20 minutes."

Their free dance, with its flowing moves to the dramatic music of Zbigniew Preisner, is more similar to the style spectators are used to by this Russian team; however, they still look different from their past two programs to classical pieces by Aram Khachaturian.

"We're just trying to put everything into this program that we have learned in the past 20 years of skating," explained Domnina, "but in general, we wanted to tell about passion, love, and hate - these human feelings between man and woman."

She went on to reveal her little secret that her little dog Topi - a Yorkshire Terrier - had input in selecting the music. "I just had bought the little dog and I went to Natalia Vladimirovna's house to listen to some music. So we were looking at all kinds of music. There was so much that my head was swollen. My dog was running around, and Natalia said, 'Let's be serious now. I'm suggesting this music and that music'. When she switched on the music of our free dance, my dog is sitting there and turning her ears."

"We laughed," continued Domnina, "but the dog had reacted to this music. When we switched on the music for the original dance, my dog started to race around the room like crazy and we understood that maybe this music is what we need. It was really like this, I'm not lying. For some reason the dog reacted to these two pieces of music. She didn't react to any of the others."

The skaters are also using acrobatic belts in some of their lifts and moves in the free dance. The belts look like a part of Domnina's costume, but Shabalin uses them, for example, in the first rotational lift to swing his partner around.

"Obviously we asked if we could do it and there were no objections from the chairman of the ISU Ice Dance Technical Committee, Alexander Gorshkov, " relayed Domnina. "These belts were an idea of the acrobat we have been working with. We first used them in the lifts, but then we felt we could use them in other moves.

Ice dance is becoming more and more acrobatic anyway," she added. "Nobody has done this before, and it wasn't forbidden, but some people don't like this idea."

In spite of the difficult start of this important season, Domnina and Shabalin are hoping that their hard work will bring them to the Olympic podium in continuation of the rich tradition of Russian ice dance. Right after winning their World title last March, Shabalin had to go to southern Germany again for therapy for his left knee.

"I spent four months in Germany," he recalled. When he came back to their training site in Aston, Penn. in July, the skaters started working on their programs. They planned on competing in the Grand Prix Series, but the knee stopped them again. Instead of skating at the Rostelecom Cup in October, Shabalin saw doctors in Moscow. They advised him to rest. The team resumed their practice together in November. Shabalin is using a brace when skating - both in practice and in competition.

"I'm using a brace, to limit the movement and to protect it (the knee)," the 27-year-old explained. "I was trying out different ones. There are a lot of models existing. First I tried one that was not visible to the eye, but they are done for people who don't move around so much. Therefore, I'm now using a brace specifically made for athletes."

Although the team's programs are interesting and look like winning material, they are not perfect yet. The skaters admitted that they felt rusty after their long break from competition. "We had enough from sitting around," said Domnina. "We wanted to get out and to compete. We got a lot of remarks at nationals about what we need to do and we understood ourselves what we need to do. There is enough work to do, so we'll continue to train."

While the team is continuing to work on elements, run-throughs, etc., it is hard for them single out any one thing. "Technically and choreographically, it isn't a 100 percent," admitted Domnina. "There is so much work I don't even see the end."

The Russians went back to the USA right after Nationals. They did not spend New Year's Eve (the biggest holiday in Russia) at home with family and friends. They plan to compete again at the European Championships in Tallinn, Estonia in less than two weeks before going to Vancouver in February for what could become the highlight of their career.
http://goldenskate.com/articles/2009/010210.shtml

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2558 on: January 03, 2010, 09:51:14 AM »

Good morning everyone    Trimm  an angelic monkey and please don't work too hard today in the kitchen. Darla good for you  Brandi thank-you for the price tag 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #2559 on: January 03, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys 

NoRose I love your hat - got the giggles thinking about Minnie Pearl on Hee Haw - ahhhh some memories there.

Darla - wow we might need to move SC to the North.........we have air temps of -22 this morning brrrrrrr.  Stay warm and stay in.

Trimm - 

JSM - Josef is just playin ya he knows how to work it  Monkey Devil!

Tevye I hope you are doing ok and all is going as well as can be expected - bless your heart for doing what you are doing for you brother in law.  an angelic monkey

To all other monkeys I hope you have a great day - I am going to take down the tree today and roast a chicken.   

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.