May 15, 2024, 12:04:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #9  (Read 351729 times)
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: August 27, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »

I'll tell ya....it friggin ticks me off that they came right out of the gate and said they will offer limited immunity if she admits it was an "ACCIDENT" ..... to me that gives her the option to concoct another story!  Body may be to far gone to find the real cause of death that she may get off with manslaughter instead of murder 1.

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: August 27, 2008, 04:45:40 PM »

Just on news. Trunk DID HAVE decomposing body.

This is on Headline news and this is from the body farm test.

Yes Cajun - we've been posting stuff the last couple pages.  All over the news both local in Florida and national.  Thanks!

Thank you Klaas. I've been preparing for the dumb storm. Our area had a bad one in Lili, 2002, then Katrina's twin Rita in 2005 and now this one. Again thanks.

I hope this storm spares your area, you just don't need more on top of everything. 
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #902 on: August 27, 2008, 04:46:07 PM »

A body farm is a research facility where human decomposition after death can be scientifically studied in a variety of settings. The aim is to gain a better understanding of the decomposition process, permitting the development of techniques for extracting information (such as the timing and circumstances of death) from human remains. Body farm research is particularly important within forensic anthropology and related disciplines, and has applications in the fields of law enforcement, medical examination and crime scene investigation. There are currently three such facilities in the United States with Texas State University being the largest of the three.

University of Tennessee - Knoxville

The original "Body Farm" is the University of Tennessee Forensic Anthropology Facility located a few miles from downtown off of Alcoa Highway in Knoxville, Tennessee, behind the University of Tennessee Medical Center. Anthropologist Dr. William M. Bass became head of the university's anthropology department in 1971, and as official state forensic anthropologist for Tennessee he was frequently consulted in police cases involving decomposed human remains. Since no facilities existed that specifically studied decomposition, in 1981 he opened the department's first body farm. [1]

It consists of a 3-acre (12,140 mē) wooded plot, surrounded by a razor wire fence. At any one time there will be a number of bodies placed in different settings throughout the facility and left to decompose. The bodies are exposed in a number of ways in order to provide insights into decomposition under varying conditions: for example, some are left out in the open or in the woods, some get buried in shallow graves or entombed in vaults, some have been left in car trunks or submerged in water. Detailed observations and records of the decomposition process are kept, including the sequence and speed of decomposition and the effects of insect activity, and afterwards the skeletonized bones are removed from the plot and added to the Dr. William M. Bass Donated Skeletal Collection, to be used for research and teaching.[2]

Bodies are obtained from various sources. Some have lain unclaimed at the medical examiner's office, while over 300 people have voluntarily donated their bodies to the Body Farm. Between 30 and 50 bodies are donated to the facility every year.[3]

The University of Tennessee Body Farm is also used in the training of law enforcement officers in scene-of-crime skills and techniques.[4]

[edit]
Western Carolina University

Another facility in the United States is located at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, North Carolina and is part of the Western Carolina Human Identification Laboratory. It was opened in 2006 and is run by WCU's Forensic Anthropology program on a small plot on the rural mountain campus. The size of a garage, and able to accommodate six bodies at a time,. [5] the facility studies decomposition in the western North Carolina mountain habitat and may be used for cadaver dog training. [6]

[edit]
Texas State University

A Forensic Anthropology Research Facility has currently been commissioned by the Texas State University-San Marcos Department of Anthropology and is under the direction of Dr. Michelle Hamilton, a former student of Dr. Bill Bass. The body farm is fully operational and will be part of the Forensic Anthropology Center at Texas State (F.A.C.T.S.). The forensic facility has received a financial donation of over $100,000 from a Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Texas State University, and has started construction of an adjoining million dollar lab to augment the facility. The development of this facility has been possible throught the efforts of Dr. Jerry Melbye, D-ABFA.

Prior to the selection of the location, there were objections by local residents and the nearby San Marcos Municipal Airport (owing to concerns about circling vultures) that stalled this plan.[7] But on February 12, 2008, Texas State University announced that its Freeman Ranch, off County Road 213 northwest of San Marcos, would be the site of the facility.[8] [9]

[edit]
Other facilities

Roma Khan doing preliminary work on decomposition of cattle. She finally hopes to open up a Human Anthropological Facility (popularly known as a body farm), where similar decomposition of humans would be studied.

There have been proposals to open body farms in other locations in the U.S. and elsewhere. Few of these have been successful as yet; for example, a facility in Las Vegas was proposed in 2003 but was unable to secure funding.[10]

Roma Khan of India is taking initial steps toward establishing a body farm in India along the lines of those in the U.S.[11]

[edit]
Sources
Bass, Bill & Jefferson, Jon. Death's Acre: Inside the Legendary 'Body Farm' . Time Warner 2003, 300pp. ISBN 0-316-72527-7
Roach, Mary. Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. W.W. Norton, 2003. 224pp. ISBN 9780393324822

[edit]
References
^ Bass & Jefferson, chapter 7
^ Bass and Jefferson, chapter 9
^ "Body donation information". University of Tennessee Forensic Anthropology Center. Retrieved on 2008-03-26.
^ "National Forensic Academy: Facilities". University of Tennessee Institute for Public Service. Retrieved on 2008-03-26.
^ "Forensic Research Facility". Western Carolina University. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
^ "Western Carolina Human Identification Laboratory". Western Carolina University. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
^ "Vultures pick off human body farm". BBC. Retrieved on 2006-05-11.
^ "Texas State Forensic Research Facility to locate at Freeman Ranch". Texas State University. Retrieved on 2008-02-12.
^ "Listening to the Bones - Texas State opens the world's largest forensic anthropology research facility". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved on 2008-04-04.
^ "Bone-dry dreams of a body farm". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
^ "Aims and Objectives". Investigative Scientific & Anthropological Analysis Facility. Retrieved on 2006-12-27.

[edit]
See also
Forensic anthropology
Forensic entomology
Forensic pathology

[edit]
External links
The Forensic Anthropology Center at the University of Tennessee - Knoxville
Body donation information and forms
Death's Acre by Dr. William Bass and Jon Jefferson
The Western Carolina University Forensic Anthropology Program
Crime Library article on the U.T. body farm
Salon.com excerpt from Mary Roach's "Stiff", about the U.T. body farm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Farm

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: August 27, 2008, 04:46:49 PM »

I'll tell ya....it friggin ticks me off that they came right out of the gate and said they will offer limited immunity if she admits it was an "ACCIDENT" ..... to me that gives her the option to concoct another story!  Body may be to far gone to find the real cause of death that she may get off with manslaughter instead of murder 1.

I don't mind.  They want to find Caylee's body.  Once her body is found they will most likely be able to tell if she died from an accident.
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: August 27, 2008, 04:46:53 PM »

Ah man, if you think the tension in that house was bad before all of this ... imagine what it's like in there NOW! 

I wonder if they got a heads up or saw it on breaking news just like us ......  If it were my house you wouldn't have to worry about Casey killing herself .... they better send someone to get her or I would take care of it if it was my daughter!

I wonder if Casey is already in protective custody?  Heck, maybe the entire family has been arrested by now?

They'd better be watching them closely. I could see them having a suicide pact.

PLEASSEEEEE Let ME mix the KoolAid!

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #905 on: August 27, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »

We should use the whole lot of them as experiments at the body farm...that way they get how the "rotting pizza" felt. 
I am still in shock at the parade of lies that these circus animals have put on...they deserve to live in Orlando, the land of make-believe with their "spaced" mentalities. 

misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #906 on: August 27, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »

It makes me very upset too invision I believe she deserves murder 1..I still think this was planned..
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #907 on: August 27, 2008, 04:48:55 PM »

WHAT IF CASEY DOESNT KNOW WHERE THE BODY IS SERIOUSLY WHAT IF DAD MOVED IT??

Bingo....

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #908 on: August 27, 2008, 04:49:58 PM »

The BODY FARM MOVIE
http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/science/health-human-body-sci/human-body/body-farm-sci.html
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:17:18 PM by Blonde » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #909 on: August 27, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »

Bingo....

I agree with KLAAS and hang that ASSTARD by his d*ck until he confesses...and even when he does wait a bit before CUTTING him down!

da_wench
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #910 on: August 27, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »

Okay, why the holes in the crates you guys are posting???  I was thinking rubbermaid storage??

Wouldn't that be a bin?

I know where Avery is, but WHERE'S CAYLEE?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: August 27, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »

The Anthony family ignores the offere of help from TES for weeks.  They only accept help from TES when pressured and when TES agrees to look for an ALIVE Caylee.

Now, today the news a body was in the trunk of the car.  The Anthony's will HAVE to allow TES to look for a dead Caylee now too. 

Bottom line is CAYLEE NEEDS TO BE FOUND
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #912 on: August 27, 2008, 04:50:46 PM »

Immunity?  Errrrr. Please. 

Do you think maybe Beth got the heads up on this and that is why she is going with TES?  So she can tell Casey the importance of bringing Caylee home, speaking from some one who didnt get that opportunity?

I bet granny can now say she truely knows the difference in decomp and pizza. 

They should all be locked up.  Seriously. 
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #913 on: August 27, 2008, 04:50:47 PM »

I hope Beth is not there when they do find the body, she might think she is ready for that, but she's not.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
sweetgypsy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #914 on: August 27, 2008, 04:50:59 PM »

I feel like I can't breathe...the confirmation of what many of us already know is just awful.

I definintely want to see Casey fry, but I am for partial immunity if it means that Caylee can have a proper burial or cremation and the respect and dignity she deserves.

Pass me a Kleenex monkeys....it is a dark day.

Every dog has their day....and I mean you Casey....
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #915 on: August 27, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »

I don't mind.  They want to find Caylee's body.  Once her body is found they will most likely be able to tell if she died from an accident.

I hope ur right Klaas....I just hope that the elements didn't do too much damage.  It has been a long time.  I'm tellin ya .... I think she threw her away in a dumpster .... that seems like that would be the most convenient for her.  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casey - TAKE THAT T-SHIRT OFF AND CHANGE YOUR MYSPACE TITLE!  You can NO LONGER HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH!!!!!!

misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #916 on: August 27, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »

Bingo....

Des I just think George is very guilty..Guilty of more things than Cindy..
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: August 27, 2008, 04:53:25 PM »

Report: Body Was Decomposing in Trunk of Car Driven by Missing Tot's Mom Wednesday, August 27, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,411942,00.html

+++++++++

I contend Casey's parents and brother should cut her off COMPLETELY until the TRUTH is forthcoming.

Casey is very close to her family and very dependent on her parents.  A little tough love is where it is at.

JMO

Janet

OMG  Tamikosmom!!  It's so good to see you.  I've been trying to catch up and speed reading.  When I read "a little tough love is where it's at" I knew immediately it was you.
lucybelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #918 on: August 27, 2008, 04:54:26 PM »

You all don't cry...this is what we have been praying for.  Caylee has been with God a long time.

amen
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #919 on: August 27, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »

105 Guests are here.....

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.