May 14, 2024, 11:51:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Begging for Ban Thread #11  (Read 408131 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1260 on: December 27, 2009, 06:59:25 PM »

The TSA is a joke, I can't believe there was another guy decided to do something terroristic again. I have been practically stripped searched, been told my purse wasn't very tidy by a TSA agent and a woman in a burqha walked right on by and wasn't even scanned. I have had the explosive wand swiped over me and my bags, by someone that looked like he was part of AlQaeda. It is crazy, I asked why I was picked out, he said he couldn't tell me. But then then on the way home from Cancun, they pulled me out of line, grabbed my bags slapped them on the conveyor belt and told me to go to the duty free shopping. My friends were so pizzed because they were having all their bags searched.  Monkey Devil!

I have to laugh at TSA too. When my hubby and I flew to Miami for a cruse almost 6 years ago he got searched. My hubby is an olive skinned guy - but not middle eastern. The funny thing was he carries a little knife on his key chain to open boxes or whatever. Even though he was pulled out and searched they NEVER NOTICED the knife. Amazing to me - the last of the four legs home he left it for a joke and again, no one stopped him. Scary eh?
That's funny. When I went to England I decided to keep my sanity by making jewelry on the train. I had to put all my tools in my checked back, but the beads and crystals were in my carryon. Took them forever to figure out I wasn't smuggling gems, it was just cheap plastic beads.  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1261 on: December 27, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »

The TSA is a joke, I can't believe there was another guy decided to do something terroristic again. I have been practically stripped searched, been told my purse wasn't very tidy by a TSA agent and a woman in a burqha walked right on by and wasn't even scanned. I have had the explosive wand swiped over me and my bags, by someone that looked like he was part of AlQaeda. It is crazy, I asked why I was picked out, he said he couldn't tell me. But then then on the way home from Cancun, they pulled me out of line, grabbed my bags slapped them on the conveyor belt and told me to go to the duty free shopping. My friends were so pizzed because they were having all their bags searched.  Monkey Devil!
JSM I cannot tell you how many times that I have too been ' pulled aside' - had my person and " purse" " Car"  - taken apart - within the Border of Detroit/Windsor Canada.
I dated was engaged to a Canadian - I traveled across the border all the time - for 4 yrs. I never was once pulled over on the Canadian side. Going back into my own country I was treated at times like a common criminal. For No Reason what so ever. I will never forget the one night I was going back to the states. It was around 10pm on a Sunday. I was 15 or so car's back from the booth. A Woman who was a Border agent - Picked me. She took her flashlight and Bashed it on top of the roof of my convertible.. and screamed at me .. PUT Your Window Down.  I did out of fear and because she was standing over me like a SWAT Member .. then two more Men walked up to my car. They asked me a million questions - Made me open up my Trunk - ( First they made me shut off my Car and hand over my Car keys)  .......... I was rendered helpless. Then when I got to the booth - after they gave me my keys ..they then made me pull over for my car to be examined. They told me to leave my purse in the car - to put my cell phone on the counsel of my car wide open .. made me go into a room filled with officers .. and stand in line ..so I would be able to be cleared ..
The flashlight incident was Once - but I have been pulled over several times on the Detroit side. To the point it was almost ridiculous. I have to believe it was due to my Looks. I am not a white girl ( blond blue) I am a mutt - olive, brunette and I think they - just took advantage of that .. for their own reasons. Every time I had to go into the building and stand in line - it was just that - People who are dark haired, olive skinned or other - I never saw a Blond or light skinned person ..ever ..in that line. just from my own experience - I cannot speak for all ...

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1262 on: December 27, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »

I have to laugh at TSA too. When my hubby and I flew to Miami for a cruse almost 6 years ago he got searched. My hubby is an olive skinned guy - but not middle eastern. The funny thing was he carries a little knife on his key chain to open boxes or whatever. Even though he was pulled out and searched they NEVER NOTICED the knife. Amazing to me - the last of the four legs home he left it for a joke and again, no one stopped him. Scary eh?
That's funny. When I went to England I decided to keep my sanity by making jewelry on the train. I had to put all my tools in my checked back, but the beads and crystals were in my carryon. Took them forever to figure out I wasn't smuggling gems, it was just cheap plastic beads.  Monkey Devil!
WTH, yet this guy just waltzed on even though his dad talked to the American Embassy in Nigeria about his concerns about his son.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1263 on: December 27, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »

After reading everyone's stories, I'm more curious then before why they picked me to search. Wonder how they decide who to search, because the bunch that they picked with me included, was silly to say the least.
A lot of times, it is just a number on your ticket. On my last time back from England, I got pulled out three times, the guy I was with was just shoved through. I also was carrying a lot of bags so that I think may have cause it. One thing I always do is and I know this isn't nice, I do some "racial profiling" and then I check around to see if there are any guys that I know are big enough to take them on. That always makes me feel a little safer. I still take a xanax and drink on the plane just enough to take the edge off. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1264 on: December 27, 2009, 07:05:19 PM »

JSM I cannot tell you how many times that I have too been ' pulled aside' - had my person and " purse" " Car"  - taken apart - within the Border of Detroit/Windsor Canada.
I dated was engaged to a Canadian - I traveled across the border all the time - for 4 yrs. I never was once pulled over on the Canadian side. Going back into my own country I was treated at times like a common criminal. For No Reason what so ever. I will never forget the one night I was going back to the states. It was around 10pm on a Sunday. I was 15 or so car's back from the booth. A Woman who was a Border agent - Picked me. She took her flashlight and Bashed it on top of the roof of my convertible.. and screamed at me .. PUT Your Window Down.  I did out of fear and because she was standing over me like a SWAT Member .. then two more Men walked up to my car. They asked me a million questions - Made me open up my Trunk - ( First they made me shut off my Car and hand over my Car keys)  .......... I was rendered helpless. Then when I got to the booth - after they gave me my keys ..they then made me pull over for my car to be examined. They told me to leave my purse in the car - to put my cell phone on the counsel of my car wide open .. made me go into a room filled with officers .. and stand in line ..so I would be able to be cleared ..
The flashlight incident was Once - but I have been pulled over several times on the Detroit side. To the point it was almost ridiculous. I have to believe it was due to my Looks. I am not a white girl ( blond blue) I am a mutt - olive, brunette and I think they - just took advantage of that .. for their own reasons. Every time I had to go into the building and stand in line - it was just that - People who are dark haired, olive skinned or other - I never saw a Blond or light skinned person ..ever ..in that line. just from my own experience - I cannot speak for all ...

Wow, that is scary, and what can you do? I guess shut up and let them inspect, if you open your mouth I guess it would just be worse  I wonder why I was singled out in the airport line, I'm as white as a ghost, maybe because I was tired and haggard looking 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1265 on: December 27, 2009, 07:06:16 PM »

So it can just be a number on your ticket 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1266 on: December 27, 2009, 07:12:13 PM »

Oh how terrifying Deenie. I don't know about up there, but when I travel to and from Europe, I always get put in the search line, wanded, explosive, etc. I am blondish (by bottle), but dark skin in the summer and very dark brown eyes. I did ask a TSA dog bomb guy one day about it at the PetLodge, and he told me because of my looks, a lot of Eastern Europeans aka, Albanians, Bosnians and Chechens have my looks and they will color their hair to not be noticed and that could be a reason that I was pulled a few times. One time was right after those two Chechen ladies blew up the plane in Russia.

Sounds to me like the Border Patrol were just bored and trying to scare you. Not very nice at all.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1267 on: December 27, 2009, 07:13:31 PM »

Wow, that is scary, and what can you do? I guess shut up and let them inspect, if you open your mouth I guess it would just be worse  I wonder why I was singled out in the airport line, I'm as white as a ghost, maybe because I was tired and haggard looking 
Yes a number and also if you are flying one way.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1268 on: December 27, 2009, 07:18:14 PM »

Monkey Devil! 

Did anyone see the speech Max Baucus made in Congress where he was sh*t faced? Pretty funny stuff. I am so glad I am able to post while I am here. If you haven't seen it, you tube it or I will post it. He was snot slinging drunk. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1269 on: December 27, 2009, 07:20:52 PM »

Monkey Devil! 

Did anyone see the speech Max Baucus made in Congress where he was sh*t faced? Pretty funny stuff. I am so glad I am able to post while I am here. If you haven't seen it, you tube it or I will post it. He was snot slinging drunk. 
I missed that  I have to go eat supper and then take a xanax. Hope everyone has a nice supper, Northern Rose sure will 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1270 on: December 27, 2009, 07:22:04 PM »

Deenie:

I know of what you speak!

I visited my now husband, who is Canadian in Toronto back in 1998 and driving into Canada, the border people were so welcoming and polite and hassle free!

I drove home, and on the American side, I guess my number was up as random checking. The Americans were NOT nice. They also made me open my trunk and they went through my luggage, my momentos I had collected. They asked me a hundred questions, as if I had committed a crime too! It was unbelievable. I had my American driver's license, my car was registered to the state in which I live, had valid plates, and county sticker on the windshield, and I AM blonde and blue-eyed, and was in my 40's at the time. Hardly someone who looked like a drug smuggler or terrorist, I'd say.

I finally was allowed to come into my own country.

The second and only other time I left Canada for the US was with my now husband, and oh, I just cannot go into what happened then! Short story: we were taken to a separate parking lot, led into a customs building, spent about an hour and a half there while we both were grilled separately in a little office and our car was searched, and left a mess, I might add.

Unbelievable how unpleasant they can make it for innocent Americans returning to their own country.

I don't look forward to visiting Canada again, although I love visiting it. My husband's relatives visit us here. LOL

The end.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1271 on: December 27, 2009, 07:25:18 PM »

Brandi, WTH, I just don't get this kind of treatment. The only thing I can come up with is they go after the people that won't cause trouble and won't be a threat, and leave the scary looking people alone.  And people they should be looking at they are not. 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1272 on: December 27, 2009, 07:28:24 PM »

Deenie:

I know of what you speak!

I visited my now husband, who is Canadian in Toronto back in 1998 and driving into Canada, the border people were so welcoming and polite and hassle free!

I drove home, and on the American side, I guess my number was up as random checking. The Americans were NOT nice. They also made me open my trunk and they went through my luggage, my momentos I had collected. They asked me a hundred questions, as if I had committed a crime too! It was unbelievable. I had my American driver's license, my car was registered to the state in which I live, had valid plates, and county sticker on the windshield, and I AM blonde and blue-eyed, and was in my 40's at the time. Hardly someone who looked like a drug smuggler or terrorist, I'd say.

I finally was allowed to come into my own country.

The second and only other time I left Canada for the US was with my now husband, and oh, I just cannot go into what happened then! Short story: we were taken to a separate parking lot, led into a customs building, spent about an hour and a half there while we both were grilled separately in a little office and our car was searched, and left a mess, I might add.

Unbelievable how unpleasant they can make it for innocent Americans returning to their own country.

I don't look forward to visiting Canada again, although I love visiting it. My husband's relatives visit us here. LOL

The end.

Wonder why they are that way Brandi. Was it because the first time you were by yourself like Deenie? What did they think you and Deenie were smuggling? Cuban cigars? Maybe they like to hassle women that are alone. That just doesn't seem right. I know when I drove into Canada, it was daytime and there were four of us ladies, they didn't bother us. Seems like I remember the Americans asking silly questions, but this was before 911. I just don't understand why they act like that to single ladies, but yet they did it to you and your husband. I wonder if they are like that if you fly back from Canada. I never have had any problems going through customs in the airport. Just getting on the plane is when they give me the hassels.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: December 27, 2009, 07:31:16 PM »

Monkey Devil! 

I missed that  I have to go eat supper and then take a xanax. Hope everyone has a nice supper, Northern Rose sure will 
Hope you have a nice supper too No Rose. I just wish ours would start soon, my mom and step dad had to drive to Durango to pick up my step brother at the airport.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1274 on: December 27, 2009, 07:33:14 PM »

Drunken Max Baucus.... wonder what he was drinking?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M5Y9X5ggxzA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/M5Y9X5ggxzA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1275 on: December 27, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »

Brandi, WTH, I just don't get this kind of treatment. The only thing I can come up with is they go after the people that won't cause trouble and won't be a threat, and leave the scary looking people alone.  And people they should be looking at they are not. 

LOL.

That's a good point. They maybe have to "search" every 30th car or something, and choose those who they think will make it easy. Never thought of that!

Keep in mind, also, that these crossings happened before 911.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1276 on: December 27, 2009, 07:34:39 PM »

Deenie, do you think it was because you were a woman alone?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1277 on: December 27, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M5Y9X5ggxzA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/M5Y9X5ggxzA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Good Lord!

I watched that all the way through.

No wonder it takes forever to get anything done in Washington!

He could have stated his case in three sentences. And be done with it.

Just makes me shake my head.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1278 on: December 27, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »

Brandi and All - I had been across the Border countless times - and Yet I kept being flagged.
Not every time was I alone. Some times it was my Canadian fiance driving his vehicle and we were pulled over and " Taken" .......  Him going into the states.  I mean come on - being tagged flagged several times in a 12 month time- Never anything to be found. There was nothing to find. We are not Terrorists - We were guilty of having a relationship between the border that is all.
Neither he nor I even have parking tickets.. It got to the point we felt we were being harassed. Some of the Border agents were cool. They actually remembered my Name etc. Why? it wasn't hard to remember me - I was driving a Sebring convertible that had front ball bearings shot ..that the NOISE was as if I had a Cherry bomb Muffler .. I wanted to be " Unknown" .. I was being sneaky right.. get out of town. I am no longer crossing the Border due to the fiance and I are no longer, I have never gotten a passport - which is now law. And thankfully - I am not driving a car that was a piece of crap. I sold it.

Being that the border bet Windsor and Detroit is less than 3 miles - just a bridge and we Depend on each other - for so many things - I would think that they would adjust to a person that travels all the time .. vs a person who is " Once" or hardly ever -who looks or appears to be questionable... I don't know. its disturbing.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1279 on: December 27, 2009, 07:43:06 PM »

Good Lord!

I watched that all the way through.

No wonder it takes forever to get anything done in Washington!

He could have stated his case in three sentences. And be done with it.

Just makes me shake my head.
Exactly what I was thinking Brandi.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.