May 07, 2024, 04:18:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 569399 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »

One thing has been puzzling me.

It's the fact that nobody saw the boy after 8:45am, and it was the SM who says she last saw him.

According to the statements published when he first disappeared, she brought him to school around 8:00am. They went into his home-room (or he went by himself?) and he put the  book bag and jacket on his seat.

Then his SM and him went to check his project.

There have been stories of his project being inside his classroom.

There have been stories of his project being in the gym.

If his project was inside his classroom, why did he and his SM went out of the room after seeing the project and taking the picture? - reports say he never came back to his classroom.

If his project was in the gym, was the SM and Kyron seen by anyone else, and if so... when did they leave?

I wonder if there is a possibility that after looking at his project they both left the school together.

There were reports of someone seeing Kyron later on in the morning in school.

But, the person could be mistaken or lying. Let's stress that nobody but that person saw him that morning. Why did nobody else saw him? Of course, we have no information that says one way or another.

Now the police is asking for videotape for June 3 and June 4!!!

Why June 3rd???

Could it be that hey suspect someone was casing the school or area? Are they giving credibility to the white truck seen twice that day?

Do they want to check for Kyron in the tapes?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2010, 08:26:09 PM »

I really have no clue or any ideas if this step mom is anything but a loving mom to Kyron..but does anyone know for sure that Kyron was actually left at the school when mom left? do we know for sure that he did not leave with mom?  like I say, I have no reason at all to suspect mom of anything other than telling the truth..but this question did come to my mind early on when he first went missing...what are the chances of someone just coming into the school at that precise moment and taking this child without someone seeing them? or a child wandering away without someone not noticing it? I realize it happens every day however strange it is...I just don't know what to make of this whole thing...really really puzzling as to what happened to this little child...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »

It's the fact that nobody saw the boy after 8:45am, and it was the SM who says she last saw him.

According to the statements published when he first disappeared, she brought him to school around 8:00am. They went into his home-room (or he went by himself?) and he put the  book bag and jacket on his seat.

If his project was inside his classroom, why did he and his SM went out of the room after seeing the project and taking the picture? - reports say he never came back to his classroom.

If his project was in the gym, was the SM and Kyron seen by anyone else, and if so... when did they leave?

I wonder if there is a possibility that after looking at his project they both left the school together.

But, the person could be mistaken or lying. Let's stress that nobody but that person saw him that morning. Why did nobody else saw him? Of course, we have no information that says one way or another.

Why June 3rd???

Could it be that hey suspect someone was casing the school or area? Are they giving credibility to the white truck seen twice that day?

I think that you and I were having the same thoughts! ????? were we?

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2010, 08:39:46 PM »

Wow. This case has me baffled. There's got to be more to it.
Someone in an earlier post indicated that this wasn't a particularly diverse school (82% white). Be careful quoting statistics like that. That number is roughly equal to the diversity of Portland itself. So it would appear that it is a pretty good reflection of the racial diversity of the area.

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2010, 08:40:09 PM »

Yup, Cookie.

Of course, we can only hope that we are wrong. But, too often weirder things have happened.

We have no word of possible infidelity/divorce/home situation? Money problems? Sibling jelousy? Mental illness?

Again, I am hoping that is NOT the case.

--------

I can't get those two links with .doc to open either. So, I snatched another from WS BB:

"The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office is requesting recorded video images that may have been recorded from store fronts, private residences, security or any other surveillance recording for June 3, 2010 and June 4 2010 to add to current video collected in the continuing search for Kyron Horman. Video is sought specifically of vehicular traffic from the following locations:
NW Cornelius Pass Rd
NW Germantown Rd
NW Logie Trail Rd
NW Rocky Point Rd
NW Skyline Rd
NW 185th Ave
NW West Union Rd
NW Springville Rd
Bethany Blvd
NW Springville Rd
NW Newberry Rd
NW McNamee Rd
Highway 30 from NW Rock Point to NW Germantown Rd
NW Kaiser Rd
NW Thompson Rd
NW Laidlaw Rd.
Anyone possessing recorded video capturing the areas listed above on June 3rd or June 4th is urged to contact our tip line at 503-261-2847 and leave your name, contact information, preserve the recording and identify the specific location or street address of the video footage."

That's like the whole town!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2010, 08:46:04 PM »

hi Jess! how are ya doing friend?

Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2010, 08:47:08 PM »

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A Vancouver family said they're attracting attention because their little boy has a striking resemblance to Kyron Horman, a missing second-grader.
Members of the Elliott family said they've gotten dirty looks and have even been followed when they're out with their son Talin.
"I felt like people were looking at me personally as a bad guy because I had him with me. This isn't Kyron. This is just a look-a-like," said Marcus Elliott, Talin's father. "I don't feel like we can go anywhere without people watching us and wondering."
The attention has them concerned for their son's safety.
"It is getting scary. We're afraid of him going to school -- Is someone going to let him go? Or is he going to get stopped?" said the boy's mother, Tarin Elliott.
The Vancouver family said they understand the public is on alert for Kyron, but want to make it clear their little boy isn't the missing 7-year-old.
"I don't blame them, but I just want to get the word out that this isn't the boy," Marcus Talin said.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23881699/detail.html#
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »

There were witness accounts of the SM leaving the school without Kyron and also the last sighting of him was at 9:00AM that morning near the south exit, le will not say who he was with if anyone.

It is my understanding and I get this from articles and comments, the two went into the classroom to drop off the bookbag and jacket and then left to the area that the exhibits were in. They walked around there for a while, looking at Kyrons and others projects then at 8:45 she walked him back to his classroom, leaving him a few steps from the classroom door, he said he was going to class. That was her last time seeing him. Apparently others had seen him after that per the pressers that LE has held.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2010, 08:54:13 PM »

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A Vancouver family said they're attracting attention because their little boy has a striking resemblance to Kyron Horman, a missing second-grader.
Members of the Elliott family said they've gotten dirty looks and have even been followed when they're out with their son Talin.
"I felt like people were looking at me personally as a bad guy because I had him with me. This isn't Kyron. This is just a look-a-like," said Marcus Elliott, Talin's father. "I don't feel like we can go anywhere without people watching us and wondering."
The attention has them concerned for their son's safety.
"It is getting scary. We're afraid of him going to school -- Is someone going to let him go? Or is he going to get stopped?" said the boy's mother, Tarin Elliott.
The Vancouver family said they understand the public is on alert for Kyron, but want to make it clear their little boy isn't the missing 7-year-old.
"I don't blame them, but I just want to get the word out that this isn't the boy," Marcus Talin said.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23881699/detail.html#

Wow they do look alike!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »

Someone in an earlier post indicated that this wasn't a particularly diverse school (82% white). Be careful quoting statistics like that. That number is roughly equal to the diversity of Portland itself. So it would appear that it is a pretty good reflection of the racial diversity of the area.

Jess I posted that and by it I said, not that has anything to do with anything (or something to that effect.) It was posted along with another statistic from Great schools.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »

Thanks JessStar for pointing that out about the diversity.  Care should be given when quoting stats to have the complete picture.
I am still leaning to an abduction by a non-stranger, but not family.
Additionally, if I recall correctly, there have been several articles stating this precious child was seen after 8:45 and it does bother me personally when some assume the person who said this is a liar.  But, I'm on high-sensitivity right now and know folks are just speculating, which is fair enough.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2010, 09:10:29 PM »

Thanks JessStar for pointing that out about the diversity.  Care should be given when quoting stats to have the complete picture.
I am still leaning to an abduction by a non-stranger, but not family.
Additionally, if I recall correctly, there have been several articles stating this precious child was seen after 8:45 and it does bother me personally when some assume the person who said this is a liar.  But, I'm on high-sensitivity right now and know folks are just speculating, which is fair enough.

don't know if anyone is assuming that anyone lied about anything...have not seen that being said.....just asking questions perhaps? and not everyone perhaps has read all the articles..questions are going to be asked of anyone involved with this little child ..that happens in every case usually....there could be some confusion on the times that this child was seen couldn't there? I have no opinion on anyone's truthfulness or anyone's guilt or innocence on this disappearance...I am baffled as well as the next person as to what happened..my only wish is that this little boy is found safe...
Smile :)xxx

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2010, 09:29:25 PM »

All the stat said was it was 83% white, there is a graph that shows the other races...Not sure what people read into that as it was in the list of stats on the site. That site also has stats on reduced lunch participants, how many 2nd language families, as well as a whole lot of other stats including test scores and state rankings.

As you can recall I didn't say anything regarding that stat but the other one that the student ratio was 17:1. I think it is uncalled for to be told to beware of something. Sorry but I found it a bit condesending. Another poster had made mention regarding a message on the step moms facebook regarding an interacial couple and that poster had concerns if perhaps if that had anything to do with Kyron being missing.  It was just information and something I am not sure should be considered off limits for what reasons, I don't know..

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2010, 10:04:43 PM »

Why June 3rd???

I also have not seen "when" the project was brought to school and set up. Was it the day before? Kyron would not have been able to transport it by himself to the class alone from his school bus, if the day before. Also, why now are they stating that "Kyron was so proud of his project he worked on with his Dad all week"? I thought SM was the one who worked with Kyron exclusively?
Another thought, when I go to my sons school where I also volunteer a lot, I run into at least 4 teachers, 4 office staff, a lunch lady or two and at least 3 parents just entering the school!
I think the child who came forward- Tanner (?) is the one who said he saw Kyron at 9:00. I don't put a whole lot into his statement if so. Kids his age have no concept of time in my opinion and it could have been the day before he saw Kyron for all we know. To me Kyron would have seen more than one kid that morning.
It looked to me all of Kyron's class had there projects set up in the classroom for the science fair. Maybe the upper grades had their projects in he gym??

If Kyron was last seen at the south door, were there any deliveries going on at the time, i.e. UPS, FedX, Food service?

I wonder why they have not said if the search dogs even had a scent of Kyron at the school and where did it end if they did.

Sitting on my fence baffled again......Wink

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »

good thoughts cartfly....definitely thought provoking to me...

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »

This is a link to the general school info and statistics that Tracey was referring to earlier. It gives enrollment numbers, student ratios, among other information. It is a pdf document so I can not bring it over because it gets all jumbled up.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/enrollment/enroll_out.php?rpt=444

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2010, 10:38:24 PM »

It had been said he was seen with this step mom at the science fair that day and that his step mom left at about 8:45 and another witness stated he was seen again at 9. I am not sure if LE is speaking about the other student or if it was someone else that saw him as LE will not say who saw him and who if anyone he was with.

Maybe I am missing something, god knows that has happened before. Is there a history of abuse with this child? Has there been reports to CPS or police? I checked all of the parents criminal records but found nothing on any of them, not that my site is always correct. Other then a wicked step mom theory, what would her motive be to sneak this kid out of this school setting? It seems her plan would have been well thought out, almost exact if you will. She would have to know the teacher would not react to his not being there and that the school wouldn't do an immediate, all out search for him. That is the point I get stuck on. With all of the options available to her if she wanted to do away with her step child, seems like this one would be the wild card. KWIM?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2010, 10:52:11 PM »

Why June 3rd???

I also have not seen "when" the project was brought to school and set up. Was it the day before? Kyron would not have been able to transport it by himself to the class alone from his school bus, if the day before. Also, why now are they stating that "Kyron was so proud of his project he worked on with his Dad all week"? I thought SM was the one who worked with Kyron exclusively?
Another thought, when I go to my sons school where I also volunteer a lot, I run into at least 4 teachers, 4 office staff, a lunch lady or two and at least 3 parents just entering the school!
I think the child who came forward- Tanner (?) is the one who said he saw Kyron at 9:00. I don't put a whole lot into his statement if so. Kids his age have no concept of time in my opinion and it could have been the day before he saw Kyron for all we know. To me Kyron would have seen more than one kid that morning.
It looked to me all of Kyron's class had there projects set up in the classroom for the science fair. Maybe the upper grades had their projects in he gym??

If Kyron was last seen at the south door, were there any deliveries going on at the time, i.e. UPS, FedX, Food service?

I wonder why they have not said if the search dogs even had a scent of Kyron at the school and where did it end if they did.

Sitting on my fence baffled again......Wink

Could it be off reporting regarding the school project? I think we can trust what the statement said, the dad helped him. The step mom was involved in his life though, I mean she walked him around the fair that morning. She could have dropped him off and said, see ya have a nice day, right? But she didn't. I am not sure when he set it up, I know someone was thinking if it was the day before she could have snapped the pic, but I think Le discounted that.
I am not surprised so little is being said. That seems to be the norm in these cases. So much is kept quiet so to not hurt the investigation. Blink has some good thoughts on what is being said is telling a "between the lines" story.
Does anyone recall Elizabeths case? She was a young girl leaving a friends home and never made it home. The police refused to say it was a kidnapping and it couldn't be further from a kidnapping case and we all were like, what? Come to find out they had information that the sibling of the friend she was visiting had stabbed and killed Elizabeth. That statement made sense. I think that same thing with this one. For me I am going to trust the investigators and they are on to something. I just pray they find him alive.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2010, 10:59:22 PM »

All the stat said was it was 83% white, there is a graph that shows the other races...Not sure what people read into that as it was in the list of stats on the site. That site also has stats on reduced lunch participants, how many 2nd language families, as well as a whole lot of other stats including test scores and state rankings.

As you can recall I didn't say anything regarding that stat but the other one that the student ratio was 17:1. I think it is uncalled for to be told to beware of something. Sorry but I found it a bit condesending. Another poster had made mention regarding a message on the step moms facebook regarding an interacial couple and that poster had concerns if perhaps if that had anything to do with Kyron being missing.  It was just information and something I am not sure should be considered off limits for what reasons, I don't know..

TG sorry if you thought my comment was condescending.  It certainly wasn't meant to be.  Being a lawyer, I'm just very sensitive to things like that.  If the school is posting stats like that, perhaps it should also post stats showing that the racial diversity of the school is reflective of the population as a whole, otherwise the reader can be mislead.  Indeed, even you thought that the school wasn't a very diverse school.  I believe your statement was "Not particularly a diverse school 82% of the students are white. (not that it means anything.)"  That's why I posted what I did, as before one can decide whether the school is "particularly diverse," I'd think the person would need to know the diversity of the population. 

Perhaps I should take my lawyer cap off when I post here as it seems like I've been stirring up too much trouble lately.  Sad  I apologize.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »

hi Jess! how are ya doing friend?

Hi cookie!  Doing well when I'm not causing trouble.  (what happened to the emoticons?  LOL)  I've been very busy with Justice for Nevaeh.  We had the dedication ceremony last Saturday for Her Memorial Park Bench.  It was a wonderful ceremony.  Turnout was very good.  I gave a presentation on Child Safety and Awareness which, from what I've been hearing, was very well received.  We also had a local band play a few songs, including a beautiful song called "Nevaeh's Song" which they wrote specifically for Our Little Angel.  Local Monroe County School representatives spoke, and then I, on behalf of Justice for Nevaeh, presented Her Memorial Plaque to the School which will be affixed to the bench.  The bench is located at the playground of the Riverside Early Learning Center--it was Nevaeh's favorite playground.  Her teachers were there as well as many of her classmates.  What great people.  Of course, it was a bitter sweet and very emotional day, especially given that it was a year and day since Nevaeh was found on the banks of the River Raisin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.