May 15, 2024, 06:30:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #178 1/14/11 - 1/27/11  (Read 159277 times)
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: January 19, 2011, 09:47:32 PM »

Sorry, but from "day one" my concern would have been my missing granddaughter, which I would have expressed long loud and clear to LE or anyone else who would hear me.  Not my car or money that may have been stolen.  There is no way I can give any Anthony a pass.....ever.....

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: January 19, 2011, 09:50:07 PM »

Sorry, but from "day one" my concern would have been my missing granddaughter, which I would have expressed long loud and clear to LE or anyone else who would hear me.  Not my car or money that may have been stolen.  There is no way I can give any Anthony a pass.....ever.....

shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #482 on: January 19, 2011, 09:53:39 PM »

Your points are well taken, Shy, however, Cindy washed evidence from the car immediately, and took her time calling LE the day they recovered Casey's car from the tow yard, sent George to work, and then went back to work herself.

I am all fuzzy on the 911 calls, I remember her washing stuff found in the car and changing the stink to a pizza box story, but wasn't she who called the cops saying they'd found the car?
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2011, 10:26:42 PM »

Your points are well taken, Shy, however, Cindy washed evidence from the car immediately, and took her time calling LE the day they recovered Casey's car from the tow yard, sent George to work, and then went back to work herself.

Also, wasn't it the 3rd 911 call when she finally reported Caylee missing?

I'm in agreement with those who say they were all in cover up mode from that point on. I believe they knew. And I believe they knew that night!

If I remember right it was the 3rd call that finally got their attention. The first two calls I've always thought were made in hopes of getting LE to show up and they could force Casey to say where Caylee was. LE always seems to act quick once a small child is involved and the first two calls were an adult vs an adult.

I dont know Florida's laws, but I do have experience reporting my own daughter to LE 10 years ago and other than my oldest daughter and me getting threatened with kidnapping charges LE did nothing, they couldn't. My daughter was an adult, suppose to be living here and that was her son.

Had I left my grandson in the condition he was dropped off at my door, they could have filed a report, but by the time LE showed up, 3+ hours later, we had brought him inside out of the cold, bathed him and fed him and we only had his filthy, stinky carseat to show. Their advice to us was if it happened again leave him exactly how he was left at the door. I pointed out he would have froze to death and the cop nodded and said something about her then having to face murder charges. To that I said NO I REFUSE to let my grandson freeze to death, just so you can have a case.

I don't understand what everyone thinks would have came out of Cindy reporting her adult daughter was at her house and wouldn't tell her where her granddaughter is. Does it work like that in Florida? Are adults with kids made to tell their kids grandparents their whereabouts? As in does LE there make reports if a crime hasn't been committed? Here if I got mad at my mom and showed up without my kids and refused to tell her where they were the police wouldn't even fill out a report, since that's not a crime.  I always assumed Florida had similar laws and the idea was to report a chargeable crime in order to get LE there and then tell them Caylee's missing.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2011, 11:05:16 PM »

Good evening Monks----I dislike Cindy Anthony.  I think she is a liar and most probably, IMO, she has broken several laws in her feeble efforts to obfuscate the truth about her daughter. 

As for what ShyMonkey said in her above posts, I agree that there was no legal action Cindy could take to force Casey to tell her where Caylee was during that month after Casey murdered her.  However, in the first two calls to 911, I don't think Cindy sounded upset at all.  I think she was merely threatening to have Casey arrested for theft of money and a car simply to put pressure on Casey because she couldn't report Caylee missing if she were in the care of her own mother.  So, she reported what she could, I think with the idea of forcing Casey to take her to Caylee.  She could always refuse to press charges afterward.

But in the last call, IMO, Cindy knew Caylee was the victim of foul play.  She was beside herself. She was saying the babysitter took her, which is what Casey told her. She was confused as to the reason that the car "Smelled like there had been a dead body in the damned car."  She was confused.  She was scared.  But, IMO, it was shortly thereafter that she was made aware of what really happened.  Probably by George, since I believe he saw Caylee's body in the car trunk on the 26th of June. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that he helped Casey dispose of the body.

I would not expect anyone in Cindy's position to say that, "Yes, my daughter killed my granddaughter."  I also would not expect someone in Cindy's position to lie, tamper with evidence, go on national television to make a fool of herself repeatedly, etc.  And the "Unkindest cut of all," was attempting to become rich on Caylee's death.  To imagine herself some kind of celebrity who's mere mention of a charity would guarantee it's success, such as the shoe project for the poor kids of Guatemala wasn't rational.  Surely she realized after that fiasco that she was anathema to ligitimate charities; that her endorsement was the kiss of death.

And her abrasive personality didn't help the public perception of her.  "Get off your ass and find my granddaughter."  How charming.  Sure to motivate people to look for Caylee.

I think she is a despicable creature, to be avoided at all costs. She could have been an object of sympathy and compassion, but her need to control and her actions to try to help her daughter get away with murder have made her an object of hatred among most of the general public.

And as documents have been released as the Florida Sunshine Law requires, I don't see any evidence at all that the police were not following up on leads.  Quite the opposite, in fact, as thousands of documents proving that they were following up on leads have been released.  It might be that they were just not following up on Cindy's "Leads."  Can anyone forget the picture taken of an older child with a passing resemblance to Caylee, and Cindy insisting that LE wouldn't take the picture seriously? Of course not.  It wasn't a serious picture.  It was a laughable attempt to divert LE's attention away from the real job at hand.  And the episode at the airport with a woman taking Caylee on an airplane, but allowing her to speak to others and even tell them her name, Caylee Marie Ant'ny.  Just the way she said it, too.  Nonsense.  Hogwash.  I don't think a kidnapper would allow the victim to freely tell people her name.  It didn't happen.  It wasn't a serious lead.

But mostly I despise her because in all of this she has lost sight of what is really important.  Caylee is dead.  Casey killed her.  And "All the perfunes in Araby," cannot wash away that fact. 

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2011, 11:09:56 PM »

I just watched the whole interview again. Geez....... Cindy's such a controlling piece of work.
I have never had such a visceral dislike for someone in my whole life.  Every time I hear her or see her smirk, (she and Baez could have a smirk-off and sell tickets,) I just cringe.  I think she is the reason that I became so fascinated with this case.  Poor Caylee, imagine living with Casey and Cindy?   

Since this case started, I have hated Cindy Anthony, and I have described it as hating her with every part of my being, on every single level.

In the beginning, there were a lot of folks on a whole bunch of differnet forums who felt sympathy for her.  I have never ever felt an ounce of sympathy for her and never will.  She totally disgraced any memory of Caylee Marie that there ever was, and continues to do it.  I hope that when she dies, and I hope that she does not go to heaven, but if she does by some miracle, little Caylee tells her to go to He double hockey sticks and does not give her the time of day.

Remember Cindy, what goes around comes around.  You reap what you sow. 

If Cindy was on her last breath and I had oxygen to give her, I would not give it to her, I would probably hold the button on the oxygen takn to release all the oxygen into the air, as she watched me gasping for air.   

I know that is mean, I cannot help it. 

I almost hate her more than I do Casey, if that is possible.

I feel a tiny bit less hate for George, only because she holds his you know whats, but he lets her.   

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »

Great post Babybear!!   I agree with all you said! 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »

Also, wasn't it the 3rd 911 call when she finally reported Caylee missing?

I'm in agreement with those who say they were all in cover up mode from that point on. I believe they knew. And I believe they knew that night!

If I remember right it was the 3rd call that finally got their attention. The first two calls I've always thought were made in hopes of getting LE to show up and they could force Casey to say where Caylee was. LE always seems to act quick once a small child is involved and the first two calls were an adult vs an adult.

I dont know Florida's laws, but I do have experience reporting my own daughter to LE 10 years ago and other than my oldest daughter and me getting threatened with kidnapping charges LE did nothing, they couldn't. My daughter was an adult, suppose to be living here and that was her son.

Had I left my grandson in the condition he was dropped off at my door, they could have filed a report, but by the time LE showed up, 3+ hours later, we had brought him inside out of the cold, bathed him and fed him and we only had his filthy, stinky carseat to show. Their advice to us was if it happened again leave him exactly how he was left at the door. I pointed out he would have froze to death and the cop nodded and said something about her then having to face murder charges. To that I said NO I REFUSE to let my grandson freeze to death, just so you can have a case.

I don't understand what everyone thinks would have came out of Cindy reporting her adult daughter was at her house and wouldn't tell her where her granddaughter is. Does it work like that in Florida? Are adults with kids made to tell their kids grandparents their whereabouts? As in does LE there make reports if a crime hasn't been committed? Here if I got mad at my mom and showed up without my kids and refused to tell her where they were the police wouldn't even fill out a report, since that's not a crime.  I always assumed Florida had similar laws and the idea was to report a chargeable crime in order to get LE there and then tell them Caylee's missing.

My issue with Sindy is not the 31 days she waited, although I think it was way too long to go on listenting to Beotchface lie day after day.  I think I would have cut Casey off much much sooner, but my issue is what she has done after Casey was arrested.  how she is supposed to be a voice for Caylee Marie and all she does is patronize her murderous spawn, while poor little Caylee has nobody to speak for her but the SA and bloggers/forum posters/searchers, etc. 

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: January 19, 2011, 11:18:08 PM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2011/01/casey-anthonys-state-of-mind-state.html

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2011

Casey Anthony's State Of Mind: State Replies To Defense Motions

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #489 on: January 19, 2011, 11:22:46 PM »

Bravo Baby bear.  I agree too.

I want to point out how I think I would behave had a family member of mine been involved in a murder.

Mark and Lori Hacking.  He, being a sniveling coward, and afraid he would get caught in his lies, shot his beautiful wife in the had (believe she was very early pregnant too) and then took her body and put her in a dumpster.

After reporting her missing to police, and while his story was crumbling, he was found wandering naked or something so he was bought to the psychiatric hospital.  his family visited him and got him to confess.  Knowing what he did, the family of course still loved their child, but they did the right thing and apologised and grieved for their dead daughter-in-law.  They kept themselves very poised and sorry for the sorrow of her family, while keeping themselves out of the media, and they convinced Mark Hacking to confess to the police, thereby saving a court trial.  They did the right thing.  He is in prison and the state saved a whole bunch of money and the family of this poor lady knew what happened, giving them a tiny bit of comfort and closure.

In this case, Cindy does not do the right thing.  She tries to wipe the blame away from her daughter, excusing things that should scream guilt in her face. Nobody, including herself, knows what happened to little Caylee, and that, for me would be too much to bear.   

shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #490 on: January 20, 2011, 12:34:55 AM »

Good evening Monks----I dislike Cindy Anthony.  I think she is a liar and most probably, IMO, she has broken several laws in her feeble efforts to obfuscate the truth about her daughter. 

As for what ShyMonkey said in her above posts, I agree that there was no legal action Cindy could take to force Casey to tell her where Caylee was during that month after Casey murdered her.  However, in the first two calls to 911, I don't think Cindy sounded upset at all.  I think she was merely threatening to have Casey arrested for theft of money and a car simply to put pressure on Casey because she couldn't report Caylee missing if she were in the care of her own mother.  So, she reported what she could, I think with the idea of forcing Casey to take her to Caylee.  She could always refuse to press charges afterward.

But in the last call, IMO, Cindy knew Caylee was the victim of foul play.  She was beside herself. She was saying the babysitter took her, which is what Casey told her. She was confused as to the reason that the car "Smelled like there had been a dead body in the damned car."  She was confused.  She was scared.  But, IMO, it was shortly thereafter that she was made aware of what really happened.  Probably by George, since I believe he saw Caylee's body in the car trunk on the 26th of June. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that he helped Casey dispose of the body.

I would not expect anyone in Cindy's position to say that, "Yes, my daughter killed my granddaughter."  I also would not expect someone in Cindy's position to lie, tamper with evidence, go on national television to make a fool of herself repeatedly, etc.  And the "Unkindest cut of all," was attempting to become rich on Caylee's death.  To imagine herself some kind of celebrity who's mere mention of a charity would guarantee it's success, such as the shoe project for the poor kids of Guatemala wasn't rational.  Surely she realized after that fiasco that she was anathema to ligitimate charities; that her endorsement was the kiss of death.

And her abrasive personality didn't help the public perception of her.  "Get off your ass and find my granddaughter."  How charming.  Sure to motivate people to look for Caylee.

I think she is a despicable creature, to be avoided at all costs. She could have been an object of sympathy and compassion, but her need to control and her actions to try to help her daughter get away with murder have made her an object of hatred among most of the general public.

And as documents have been released as the Florida Sunshine Law requires, I don't see any evidence at all that the police were not following up on leads.  Quite the opposite, in fact, as thousands of documents proving that they were following up on leads have been released.  It might be that they were just not following up on Cindy's "Leads."  Can anyone forget the picture taken of an older child with a passing resemblance to Caylee, and Cindy insisting that LE wouldn't take the picture seriously? Of course not.  It wasn't a serious picture.  It was a laughable attempt to divert LE's attention away from the real job at hand.  And the episode at the airport with a woman taking Caylee on an airplane, but allowing her to speak to others and even tell them her name, Caylee Marie Ant'ny.  Just the way she said it, too.  Nonsense.  Hogwash.  I don't think a kidnapper would allow the victim to freely tell people her name.  It didn't happen.  It wasn't a serious lead.

But mostly I despise her because in all of this she has lost sight of what is really important.  Caylee is dead.  Casey killed her.  And "All the perfunes in Araby," cannot wash away that fact. 

Yes I agree.

That's what I meant, not following Cindy's leads, LE wasn't for obvious reasons, so this said with the idea Cindy had lost her mind and thought the leads she had would really find Caylee, had they not been ignored.

I guess I'm not 100% sold on the fact Cindy's actions weren't from being in shock. More than likely are exactly as you all think. I tend to be slow wrapping my head around people being able to do stuff like this, My whole family thinks I'm too trusting and one of those people who could get handed a pile of dog poop for a gift and would waste hours looking for flowers, surely there in there somewhere. lol

I only have my own experiences to use when attempting to think through this stuff and think what I would thank you GOD, I don't have an accurate experience to compare this case to. I also pray God never allows a situation like this one to be thrown in my path, for me to figure out what I'd really do.

I only have what a total fruitfloat I became when my son died. Some of the things I did I don't really remember, but others I clearly remember and to this day I don't know why I did some of that crazy stuff. Like I remember leaving the funeral parlor on the day we dressed him and I was on a mission to get him blankets, because he was so cold. I remember being furious, because nobody would listen. Once I realized my husband didn't care, since he had driven past every single store, I got out a a light and walked back to Freddy's. I am normally the analytical one in the family, so knowing the facts and the situation, to this day, I have no idea what I was thinking or trying to do.  I keep wondering if maybe Cindy too was in shock and denial and going through the motions.
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »

Bravo Baby bear.  I agree too.

I want to point out how I think I would behave had a family member of mine been involved in a murder.

Mark and Lori Hacking.  He, being a sniveling coward, and afraid he would get caught in his lies, shot his beautiful wife in the had (believe she was very early pregnant too) and then took her body and put her in a dumpster.

After reporting her missing to police, and while his story was crumbling, he was found wandering naked or something so he was bought to the psychiatric hospital.  his family visited him and got him to confess.  Knowing what he did, the family of course still loved their child, but they did the right thing and apologised and grieved for their dead daughter-in-law.  They kept themselves very poised and sorry for the sorrow of her family, while keeping themselves out of the media, and they convinced Mark Hacking to confess to the police, thereby saving a court trial.  They did the right thing.  He is in prison and the state saved a whole bunch of money and the family of this poor lady knew what happened, giving them a tiny bit of comfort and closure.

In this case, Cindy does not do the right thing.  She tries to wipe the blame away from her daughter, excusing things that should scream guilt in her face. Nobody, including herself, knows what happened to little Caylee, and that, for me would be too much to bear.   

yeah, I've always thought Cindy was a typical *my daughters the best and nothing is ever my fault* mom. Their escalating problems with each other, seems to be common when the daughter of a meed to be in control since I'm the best, never wrong, entitled to all they want, mother/daughter team separates and becomes mother vs daughter.

I don't believe George and Cindy purposely raised Casey to be the selfish brat she became, but I do believe their parenting has a lot to do with where Casey's at now. In my opinion parenting like said to be here, is asking for a trainwreck. There doesn't ever seem to be accountability where their kids are concerned, their mistakes are always someone else's fault and usually in that case you van also add in parents who also over give material things to the point their kids think they're owed.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: January 20, 2011, 03:05:08 AM »

In response to above posts regarding Cindy & George, from the very beginning I felt they knew Casey did something horrid.  I dont think anyone expected them to admit their daughter did this but by the same token never would have anticipated them or any other family member victims to thwart an investigation or aid & abet after the fact.  If one listens very carefully to all three 911 calls it is clear that Cindy was threatening Casey with getting her in trouble for lesser offenses more than she was worried about a missing grandchild until that 3rd call, then the tide turned drastically, yet the entire month prior the Anthony's were reportedly worried that they had not seen their granddaughter & fought with Casey in that time period.  Even after Cindy & George went to deal with Casey's car being towed, they didnt call 911 right then & there after smelling death....o no they rushed the car home after spending hundreds to get it back to clean it out, certainly not without Cindy leaving Casey an emergent text message.  Let's not also forget that this same grandmother got on national television from 7/16 to date & exhibited an unwarranted offensive & abrasive response to several news anchors (Greta, Nancy, Geraldo, Martha, Megyn) who were merely asking the normal questions typically asked in missing child cases suspected to be a crime.  This grandmother was more impressed with herself being combative than what most took as a far cry from what should have been a top priority to find her "missing" granddaughter & grateful for any assistance to that end.  Each of the Anthonys, including Lee gave the same date Casey gave them as the last she saw Caylee knowing full well it was a week later when Cindy took Caylee to see her father at the nursing home.  Cindy then got extremely defensive when LE discovered pictures & a video that exhibited she was there with Caylee on the 15th, so everything they ALL said was based on a lie.   As a result of same Cindy got very combative & uncooperative with LE.  She then began trying to make false claims about how they were or were not conducting their investigation...in essence it was a pre-emptive strike to cast them in a bad light knowing full well that they were gathering mounting evidence against Casey.

This is the same grandmother that not only washed away evidence in Casey's car but also Casey's personal belongings.  Judging by her 7/3 myspace entry & calls to Casey's friends it is evident that Cindy not only knew that Casey was lying to her about where Caylee was but she admitted repetitively that Casey was a liar, thief & sociopath to her friends.  Cindy admitted she went to a counselor largely due to problems she was having with Casey prior to Caylee's murder, that same counselor advised that she may have to secure Caylee's safety & request custody of her in court as well as kicking Casey out of their home.  What is significant about that is how Cindy contradicted those statements when the FBI asked her if Casey ever had mental health issues or sought counseling & she emphatically said no, none.  She also purposefully gave the FBI the wrong hairbrush & bragged about it, literally bragged in an email that she did so.   The FBI was perfectly clear in stating what they were requesting, specifically a hairbrush that Caylee specifically used & that is exactly not what Cindy mindfully decided not to give them...is that a grandmother frantic to find her "missing" granddaughter or a mother attempting to save her flesh & blood monster from the full extent of the law for her crimes?  I say the latter, it not my place to force my opinion but that is what it is for many reasons that are way obvious to me & apparently a majority I've witnessed expressing their views on this case. 

This grandmother spent more time purposely going out when protesters were in front of her home either hammering stupid signs in the ground or doing mindless yard work ready & willing to argue with them, she provoked the debate & enjoyed it.   To me, it spoke volumes what her motive was from July 16th to date.

Another key factor, Cindy sent Dominic Casey into those woods in mid November after having direct contact with the very physic that Dominic used as an excuse as to why he was there...approx 3 1/2 weeks prior to Caylee's remains being found, IMHO it was no coincidence that he was there digging & probing.   Why do I say that, most people would possibly follow a lead but have absolutely no need to dig & use a probe, especially after stating originally they were there merely to check out an old teen hangout.  If anything were even to appear to be out of the ordinary that is when a lay person not officially a law enforcement officer would call 911 or their local PD to come to the scene...exactly what Kronk did without digging & possibly destroying evidence.   There is so much more...so much more.

I ran out of empathy for the Anthonys long ago, regardless of being very well aware that they are grandparents to a murdered babygirl & parents to her accused murderer  awaiting trial.  The entire dynamic of the household was & is deplorable.   While Casey is a sociopath on her own & of no one's fault, her environment served as constant trigger points for her, not that it excuses her behavior.  It was Cindy that insisted that Casey carry her unwed pregnancy at 18-19, it was Cindy who didnt raise Casey to be self-reliant & responsible but made excuses for her constantly...the two butt heads in an ever ending power grab & Caylee suffered for it.  Caylee was given tons of senseless objects & viewing material but that is all any of them discussed practically as far as their interaction with her....things & possession, not my idea of quality unconditional love.  Cindy doesnt want to admit Casey did this because she feels quite a bit responsible & frankly I dont release her from that guilt.   Casey is responsible solely for what she did & should pay the ultimate price for it but I would be remise in not recognizing that her family are also twisted souls.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: January 20, 2011, 06:46:36 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26554039/detail.html
Attorneys To Question Caylee Searchers
10 Key Depositions Scheduled In Casey Case
POSTED: 5:36 am EST January 20, 2011
UPDATED: 5:56 am EST January 20, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The prosecution in the case against Casey Anthony will depose ten people who could have a huge impact on the accused mother's trial.

Ten key depositions are scheduled at the Orange County Courthouse on Thursday.

Some of the volunteers who searched for Anthony's daughter, Caylee Anthony, will be questioned under oath about their search.

The depositions come just after the prosecution filed more than a dozen motions asking that specific pieces of evidence be excluded from the murder trial, which is scheduled to begin in May.
Prosecution Lays Out Case Against Casey

The prosecution in the case against Anthony is showing its hand for the first time.

Casey's Tattoo

One of the defense motions asked that Anthony's "la bella vita" tattoo be excluded from the trial because it was not relevant, the defense said. The phrase means "the beautiful life" in Italian.

The prosecution argues that the timing and the nature of the tattoo are relevant to the case.

"A jury is entitled to view the defendant getting a tattoo as an expression of her preference for her life without Caylee," the prosecution wrote.
READ: Prosecution's Response  http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26541157/detail.html
SLIDESHOW: 20 TV Channels Casey Jurors Can Watch  http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/caseyanthony/26541988/detail.html

Anthony got the tattoo on July 2, 2008. Caylee Anthony was reported missing on July 15.

"The facts and circumstances surrounding (Anthony) and her state of mind in obtaining the tattoo are also relevant," the filing said. "It is merely one of many examples of the defendant's actions during the crucial time period that Caylee went missing unreported, and according to (Anthony), when she was conducting her own search."

The prosecution claims that the tattoo's meaning could be read as "either an epitaph for her daughter, or signaling a new beginning for herself."
Tony Lazarro's Statements

The prosecution also said that while it believes the details of Tony Lazarro's sexual relationship with Anthony is not relevant to the case, it believes that the existence of a relationship between the two during the time that Caylee was missing is "highly relevant."

The prosecution claims that Anthony spent most of the 31 days that Caylee was missing with Lazarro, but only mentioned that her daughter was being cared for by her grandmother or a nanny.

"Upon learning of the child's 'kidnapping', one of the first text messages from Mr. Lazarro to Miss Anthony expressed incredulity that she did not confide these 'facts' in him," the prosecution said. "Does this proffered evidence-- that Casey Anthony and Anthony Lazarro engaged in an intimate relationship yet she told him nothing of her daughter's disappearance-- have a legitimate tendancy to prove that the child was not kidnapped?"

The prosecution claims that their relations seem to disprove the fact that Anthony was conducting her own investigation.
Casey Borrows A Shovel

Defense attorneys also asked that evidence of Anthony borrowing a shovel from her neighbor, Brian Burner, be excluded from the trial.

"The notion that (Anthony) borrowed a shovel to do some light yard work is preposterous," the prosecution wrote. "The more reasonable explanation is that (Anthony) borrowed the shovel with the intent to bury her daughter."

MySpace & The State's Case

The prosecution replied to two specific pieces of evidence from the social networking site MySpace.

In one instance, the defense filed a motion to exclude Anthony's MySpace entry titled "Diary of Days."

According to the prosecution, defense attorneys claim the posting contains lyrics from a song by Hayden Christiansen, which prosecutors said they had been unable to confirm.

"It is interesting to note that Hayden Christiansen, the actor, was in a movie called 'Jumper' that (Anthony) rented at Blockbuster with her boyfriend, Anthony Lazzaro, on June 16, 2008, the day that Caylee was last seen alive," the prosecution wrote.

Prosecutors claim the MySpace posting is "inconsistent in content with that of a mother desperately seeking her kidnapped child."
In the new filing, prosecutors also say that a MySpace message sent by Anthony's mother, Cindy Anthony, to her, is evidence that the two had a rocky relationship during 2008.

"The posting is an untarnished view of the relationship that existed between Casey Anthony and her mother at the time of Caylee's 'disappearance' and evidence of a desperate attempt by the grandmother to learn of the fate of her grandchild," prosecutors said. "The posting is also relevant to show what Casey Anthony did or did not do in response to her mother's attempts to see Caylee."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: January 20, 2011, 06:53:53 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/26545285/detail.html
State Wants To Use Casey's Tattoo, Lifestyle To Build Case
Posted: 5:12 pm EST January 19, 2011Updated: 11:29 pm EST January 19, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tattoos and ex-boyfriends could build the state's case against Casey Anthony. Documents released Tuesday reveal why prosecutors want to use information about Casey Anthony's tattoo and her partying lifestyle.
READ: State Docs On Case Against Casey http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26543317/detail.html

VIDEO REPORTS: Tats, Ex-Boyfriends  http://www.wftv.com/video/26545781/index.html | Borrowed Shovel   http://www.wftv.com/video/26546524/index.html
SEE CASEY'S TAT: Investigator Photos Of Tattoo  http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249082/detail.html
SEE SHOVEL: Controversial Shovel In Casey Case  http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21250067/detail.html

<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: January 20, 2011, 06:58:27 AM »

http://niecey456.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/the-states-response-masons-case-load-jury-selection-in-caylees-case/
The State’s Response, Mason’s Case Load & Jury Selection In Caylee’s Case

~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: January 20, 2011, 06:59:26 AM »

Trimm, thanks for the new releases.  The "cards" are finally being placed on the table.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: January 20, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »

http://niecey456.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/the-states-response-masons-case-load-jury-selection-in-caylees-case/

Good Morning Monkeys!   

Trimm, thanks for all the updates!

At the bottom of this article, it says the motions won't be heard until March?!   Gee, I don't think I can wait that long, I want to hear them now!!!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: January 20, 2011, 09:19:20 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!   

Trimm, thanks for all the updates!

At the bottom of this article, it says the motions won't be heard until March?!   Gee, I don't think I can wait that long, I want to hear them now!!!

Me too!
Can you imagine what it will be like when this trial starts? 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: January 20, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/26545285/detail.html
State Wants To Use Casey's Tattoo, Lifestyle To Build Case
Posted: 5:12 pm EST January 19, 2011Updated: 8:20 am EST January 20, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tattoos and ex-boyfriends could build the state's case against Casey Anthony. Documents released Tuesday reveal why prosecutors want to use information about Casey Anthony's tattoo and her partying lifestyle.
The defense wants several things thrown out before Casey's murder trial, and they all deal with a time period that is key in the prosecution's case against her.

The 30 days before Caylee Anthony was reported missing took center stage in the documents filed by the State Attorney's Office.

Casey's defense doesn't want her past sexual relationships with ex-lovers, including Tony Lazarro, to be brought up in court. But prosecutors say it's significant, because Casey and Tony engaged in an intimate relationship, yet she told him nothing of her daughter's disappearance.
Documents state the fact Casey Anthony was playing "house" with Tony after her daughter was missing does tend to disprove that she was conducting her own investigation.

"It tends to prove Casey, since didn't tell Lazarro that her daughter was kidnapped, that in fact her daughter wasn't kidnapped," WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.

The state says Casey's state of mind is relevant during the time of her so-called search for Caylee and the investigation into her disappearance.

As for the defense motion to keep out her history of lying and stealing, prosecutors say Casey wanted to avoid answering any questions about Caylee so "Miss Anthony was doing everything in her power to flee from her family, to include lying to them as to her whereabouts and stealing from her friend to avoid having to rely on her family for financial support."

Investigators also interviewed the artist who gave her the Bella Vida ("Beautiful Life") tattoo (see tat) more than a week before Caylee was finally reported missing. He says Casey "seemed fine and was just normal."

Sheaffer says it's not about the tattoo; it's about how Casey's actions during that 30-day period were not consistent with a mother who was looking for her missing child.
WFTV also learned why a shovel (see it) is so important to their case against Casey Anthony. The state says it's obvious Casey used a neighbor's shovel during her crime.

Prosecutors are also using that neighbor to show how Casey went to her parent's home three times while they were not there, backed her car into the garage and didn't stick around for long.

The newly filed court documents say Casey's neighbor, Brian Burner, saw her three different times the week of June 16, which is the last time anyone saw her daughter Caylee alive.

The second time Burner saw Casey, she borrowed his shovel because, she claimed, she was doing some yard work. But when she came back an hour later, he says "she was calm, just normal, normal Casey. No sweat. She wasn't, didn't appear to be muddy or the shovel wasn't even muddy."

Prosecutors say it appears the shovel hadn't been used much and Casey didn't look like she spent an hour out in the June heat digging up bamboo roots in her parent's backyard.

Documents say "the more reasonable explanation is that the defendant borrowed the shovel with the intent to bury her daughter."

"His testimony regarding the shovel and Casey's actions in borrowing the shovel and returning the shovel, it's more consistent with the state's theory than the defense theory," Sheaffer said.

The prosecution is also fighting to let jurors hear about a message that Cindy Anthony posted on MySpace. The state says the message, titled "My Caylee Is Missing," is relevant because it shows the issues she was having with Casey at the time of Caylee's disappearance.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.