May 22, 2024, 07:25:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - MURDER TRIAL - PRE-TRIAL 5/21-5/23/2011  (Read 182643 times)
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 09:21:55 AM »

Pharlap - yes I think it's a good replacement as long as you don't try to sell anything with that on it.  I'll fix it for you now.

pc just froze up...back
ty...I have no intention of selling anything...So Caylee's is trademarked also?  Caylee's??     

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 09:24:38 AM »

Pharlap - how can they Trademark someone/anyone's first name.  It would be like trademarking John, Mike, Kathy or Pharlap.  I think they are trying to but I don't see how it can be done.  I can see them specifically going after sales of items with Caylee's photo and name on it but that's about it.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 09:26:43 AM »

Pharlap - how can they Trademark someone/anyone's first name.  It would be like trademarking John, Mike, Kathy or Pharlap.  I think they are trying to but I don't see how it can be done.  I can see them specifically going after sales of items with Caylee's photo and name on it but that's about it.

ty!
I have both in my photobucket....

ty for the revised pic....

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »

During these motion hearings leading up to trial Baez seemed to always be about to step in and open a door he shouldn't..ie evidence or something Casey said or did..and the judge would stop him and make him think ..saying if you open that door then the State can come back in with questions. 

What happens at trial if Baez does the same thing..does the judge stop him and warn him he is stepping into territory and evidence he doesn't want to, opening a door that once opened can't be closed..or once trial begins is Baez on is own..no more helpful tips from the judge?

That's why I can not imagine Baez would put Casey on the stand.  Once there she can be cross examined and the State will eat her alive. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/21/florida.anthony.judge/
Judge in Casey Anthony case seen as sharp, respected and in command
By the CNN Wire Staff
May 21, 2011 12:42 a.m. EDT

CNN) -- He's tweaked defense attorneys that potential jurors should be brought in from homeless shelters to boost diversity, sternly chastised lawyers for talking over one another, and pushed against having jury members continually shuttled in and out "like a Pop-Tart."

In the weeks and months leading to Casey Anthony's murder trial, Orange County Superior Court Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. has proven colorful, quick and -- above all -- in command.

"I know what is relevant," he said earlier this spring, in proceedings leading up to Tuesday's opening arguments. "I have never been shy in not speaking up."
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 09:32:51 AM »

p.s.  I just didn't want to get your/this site in trouble....

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »

Here are the charges from the original arrest warrant. The jury can only vote on those specific charges.

First Degree Murder (capital)
Aggravated Child Abuse
Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child
Providing False Information To a Law Enforcement Officer
Providing False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer
Providing False Information to  a Law Enforcement Officer
Above, again (I'll have to check that)

Each of the False Info charges are for different days she was questioned.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 09:36:41 AM »

I can't describe how happy I was yesterday,to finally see that chit eating grin wiped off Baez's face.
This trial is finally gonna happen!  ::justice2NJ::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 09:37:04 AM »

REMINDER - WE WILL BE USING THIS THREAD TODAY, TOMORROW AND MONDAY.  SINCE THE TRIAL HASN'T ACTUALLY STARTED YET WE CAN LET OUR HAIR DOWN JUST A BIT AND OCCASIONAL O/T WILL BE ALLOWED. 

COME TUESDAY, WHEN THE TRIAL STARTS, I WANT PEOPLE TO PLEASE KEEP JOKES AND O/T OUT OF THE TRIAL THREAD.  I HAVE CREATED A "MURDER TRIAL - BREAK ROOM" THREAD TO BE USED FOR CHIT CHATTING AND JOKING AROUND DURING THE TRIAL.  THAT "BREAK ROOM" THREAD WILL OPEN TUESDAY MORNING.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9923.0  (OPENING ON 5/24/2011)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 09:39:25 AM »

p.s.  I just didn't want to get your/this site in trouble....

I know Pharlap - thank you!
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 09:44:46 AM »

I can't describe how happy I was yesterday,to finally see that chit eating grin wiped off Baez's face.
This trial is finally gonna happen!  ::justice2NJ::

We've come a long way...
Back in time, Aug 09;
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2021052

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 09:46:42 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/248611/Could-Casey-Anthony-leave-Pinellas-today

Casey Anthony stares out stoically after a spectator blurted out "She killed somebody anyway!" during jury selection in 'State of Florida v. Casey Marie Anthony' at the Pinellas County Criminal Justice Center in Clearwater, Fla. Friday, May 20, 2011.

Could Casey Anthony leave Pinellas today?

CLEARWATER --

Murder suspect Casey Anthony could leave Pinellas County today to begin her trial in Orange County Tuesday.

She's charged in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

At 5:15 p.m. Friday, Judge Belvin Perry swore in a jury of five men and seven women from Pinellas County. There are also five alternate jurors -- three men and two women. It took 11 days to complete the task.

IMO, that is not a stoic look it is the look of a cold hearted b****
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/248611/Could-Casey-Anthony-leave-Pinellas-today
By Jacqueline Fell and Adam Longo, Team Coverage
Last Updated: Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:30 AM

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/
Friday, May 20, 2011
Casey Anthony Murder Trial: Jury Selection Day 11
WE HAVE A JURY!

~ Peter Frampton
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »

Feb 2011....good clip       
Wonder if Cindy's entry's will get in the trial.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12855261

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »

Casey Anthony stares out stoically after a spectator blurted out "She killed somebody anyway!" during jury selection in 'State of Florida v. Casey Marie Anthony' at the Pinellas County Criminal Justice Center in Clearwater, Fla. Friday, May 20, 2011.

CLEARWATER --

Murder suspect Casey Anthony could leave Pinellas County today to begin her trial in Orange County Tuesday.

She's charged in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

At 5:15 p.m. Friday, Judge Belvin Perry swore in a jury of five men and seven women from Pinellas County. There are also five alternate jurors -- three men and two women. It took 11 days to complete the task.

IMO, that is not a stoic look it is the look of a cold hearted b****

HEHE....was scrolling and reading and thinking the exact same thing before I saw your post lol

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2011, 09:58:26 AM »

gm.
Klaasend, so I get this straight.
Can or Can't we use justice for caylee in a phase or on a picture on here?

IMO I don't see how they can stop people using it as a phrase.  I think their objection is to things being sold with that phrase on it.  I believe it's OK.  Worst case, if we get notice I'll censor the word Caylee and replace it with a phase like " **that beautiful child who was murdered by her own mother" .  So it's really their choice. 

That works for me klaas....i am thinking on getting out my craft paints and painting up a sign like we did for Kaitlin and putting it in my yard. They had a pink bow on them and simply read justice for Kaitlin Aydell and we kept them up til the creep was convicted...gonna make a Caylee one...George and Cindy can ride on down to La. and check it out , file a lawsuit on me if they wish.The sign will indeed read Justice for Caylee...I don't give a shit what they like or don't like.

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »

gm.
Klaasend, so I get this straight.
Can or Can't we use justice for caylee in a phase or on a picture on here?

IMO I don't see how they can stop people using it as a phrase.  I think their objection is to things being sold with that phrase on it.  I believe it's OK.  Worst case, if we get notice I'll censor the word Caylee and replace it with a phase like " **that beautiful child who was murdered by her own mother" .  So it's really their choice. 

That works for me klaas....i am thinking on getting out my craft paints and painting up a sign like we did for Kaitlin and putting it in my yard. They had a pink bow on them and simply read justice for Kaitlin Aydell and we kept them up til the creep was convicted...gonna make a Caylee one...George and Cindy can ride on down to La. and check it out , file a lawsuit on me if they wish.The sign will indeed read Justice for Caylee...I don't give a shit what they like or don't like.

You go girl!.......... ::justice2NJ::
btw, I grew up in Chicago......

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2011, 10:13:14 AM »

pharlap....I grew up 120 miles south of Chicago..
As for farmville lady, she worries me, but you never know what a juror is going to do, so I am just going to pray about it , that is all I can really do anyway...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

heathers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »

I don't think I have ever seen this picture.  She is precious.  I hope they blow up every picture ever taken of Caylee and plaster them all over the court room for Tuesday morning, and I am really hoping that Jeff does the opening statement.  Can the duffense object throughout the State's opening statement, or is that like free talk, other than stuff already ruled would not be allowed in, which I know of nothing. 

Help me!!!!  I do not know what to do with myself.  I am trying to work, but I cannot concentrate and all I can think of is Caylee and Tuesday.  What will I do to make it until Tuesday? 

Also, can somebody with a legal brain explain if the jury will be allowed to find her guilty on lesser includeds?  Like First degree murder or involuntary murder, or can they only find her guilty of first degree murder with the other charges abuse of a child, lying to police, etc?  It does not make sense to me to charge somebody with a crime if the jury can just find them guilty of whatever they want to. 
zoo
you and me both! I am like  buzzing around trying to find things to do.  I cant focus cant think of nothing but xcited for tuesday.  its going to be  along time until tuesday.

Hey fellow monkeys....it has been a long time coming......haven t been around much but read as I can busy with work and kids...All I can say is ....finally justice for Caylee....So I thought maybe i should repost this poem

The Sun's Little Angel

†  2005-2008 †

Caylee Marie Anthony♥

Your Smile Is Like A Ray Of Sunshine,
Our Hearts And Eyes Cried For You,
Tears of Sadness, Anger, And Relief,
But Now Sweet Child Dry Your eyes
For You Have no reason to cry
You are With God Now
They will accept you with open arms and love,
Don't be scared, they will protect you.

Written by Courtney

"Some People Come Into Our
 Lives And Quickly Go. Some
   Stay For A While, Leave 
 Footprints On Our Hearts,
And We Are Never, Ever The
       Same."
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2011, 10:32:56 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/21/earlyshow/saturday/main20064991.shtml
May 21, 2011
Casey Anthony jury sworn in
She's charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, in 2008

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.