May 14, 2024, 09:19:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #4  (Read 455194 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2220 on: September 15, 2009, 02:46:08 PM »

I'm going to walk Zoe. What started as an innocent Go Dusting experience on a shelf in the bathroom ended with fake moss from a plant all over  I wasn't paying attention and when I finally did the Go Duster had spun around moss all over, even had it tied up in the duster 
Oh no No Rose. Give Zoe a hug for me cause I miss Josef. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2221 on: September 15, 2009, 02:47:49 PM »

I must have erased the racoon attack on the golf course video.  It was on the 5th hole on the Banana River, a place where a few ferrel cats hang out and some golfers leave cans of cat food for them.  Anyway, there's this racoon hanging out while I'm teeing off (that's teeing not peeing Fanny).  I see the racoon sitting in my golf cart drinking my Gatorade and I scare him off and grap my camera.  He starts to come back to the golf cart and starts hissing so I grabbed a golf club and start yelling at the coon and shaking the club at him.  I wish I still had that video.

Side note:  If anyone gets a credit card application from Airtran, sign up for it.  Once you make a purchase on the CC you get 16 A+ award points, enough to earn you a free round trip flight.

He only wanted a little taste of your gatorade.   
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2222 on: September 15, 2009, 02:48:06 PM »

Matlock is now on 

Hubby's favorite show.   
It's not a bad show, one of my guilty pleasures is Murder She Wrote 
I am watching Perry Mason and it is in color?  Never knew Perry Mason was filmed in color.
That's another guilty pleasure, in color? I don't think I've ever watched one in color 

But have you tried JSM's cough syrup?   
  Monkey Devil! Seriously it is in living color. I am watching it right now.  Monkey Devil! Maybe I need some Nyquil and no magical cough medicine.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2223 on: September 15, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »

I'm going to walk Zoe. What started as an innocent Go Dusting experience on a shelf in the bathroom ended with fake moss from a plant all over  I wasn't paying attention and when I finally did the Go Duster had spun around moss all over, even had it tied up in the duster 

Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2224 on: September 15, 2009, 02:48:52 PM »

It should come with a warning!!! 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #2225 on: September 15, 2009, 02:48:56 PM »

JSM,before hubby left for his Dr.appt. he said you need a shot of whiskey.He doesn't think he has time to bring today.      
Tell hubby thanks, I have whiskey, but there is no way I could drink it. I can't stand the smell of it. I inherited from my nephew's grandmother.

Hold your nose and swig. That's what I do. My mama had a tried and true cough medicine with honey, lemon and whiskey. After enough of it, you don't care if you cough or not. 
Hey, that's my recipe! It's served in a Magic Tea Pot....and the last person who had it was Boo. Where is Boo, anyway?

For some reason I always pictured your tea as being opium based. 
Well, you could go ask Alice...... 

Gotta skoot, another Dr. visit coming up. I'm tired of this already!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2226 on: September 15, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »

It is habit forming.I jump out the bed sometimes,running around to get a pad and pen.I finally just set it by the bed and the couch.   

I just copy it to my notepad, then have the laptop in the kitchen while I'm cooking! It's easier for me, and my excuse to be on the computer too! 

I copy the recipes from the thread, and put it on a word document, and have a folder on my desktop. These are my special SM recipes I snag. Sometimes I just print the one I want and take it to the kitchen in a plastic sleeve. If it's super dooper good, I put it in a binder I have just for special recipes I want to use again.

I write mine on notebook paper and throw them in grandson's secret kitchen draw.We are going to copy them to cards and make his Mom a recipe box.   

What a thoughtful idea and thing to do!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2227 on: September 15, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/15/congressman-people-don-white-hoods-wilson-rebuked/

Congressman Suggests People Will Don 'White Hoods' If Wilson Not Rebuked
In an obvious reference to the Ku Klux Klan, Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., says that people will put on "white hoods and ride through the countryside" if emerging racist attitudes, which he says were subtly supported by Rep. Joe Wilson, are not rebuked. He said Wilson must be disciplined as an example.

FOXNews.com
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Rep. Joe Wilson's outburst last week is drawing new recriminations from his colleagues, with a member of the Congressional Black Caucus suggesting that a failure to rebuke the South Carolina Republican is tantamount to supporting the most blatant form of organized racism in American history.

In an obvious reference to the Ku Klux Klan, Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., said Tuesday that people will put on "white hoods and ride through the countryside" if emerging racist attitudes, which he says were subtly supported by Wilson, are not rebuked. He said Wilson must be disciplined as an example.

The charged comments come as the House is preparing to take further action against Wiilson. House Democratic leaders decided to formally discipline him Tuesday afternoon for jeering President Obama during last week's joint session of Congress.

Wilson bellowed "You lie!" as Obama delivered his address.

<snipped>

I have had it with these accusations.   
        ME TOO TRIMM!!!

Seems to me there is a member of the Senate that used to wear a white hood and he is a DEMOCRAT! Old B*stard Robert Byrd.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2228 on: September 15, 2009, 02:52:24 PM »

Thanks, JSM. I'm learning to be a good patient, I just listen to my iPod and watch the door so I don't miss them calling my name. I got the stupid drain out today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you, missy, better be at home. I know, payroll and all that, but you went in early and did it and then went home to get better, right? [stern Mom-monkey icon goes here]
Hey Tevye. I didn't know you were getting the drain out today. If I had known I would have told you to take a xanax or something. Glad you are becoming a good patient.

I didn't go in at all. Just called the payroll company, told them to give everyone 80 hours and I will fix it on the next payroll in two weeks. I couldn't crawl my way out of bed this morning until 9 because I took the magic cough medicine around 4 am.

I hope you both are feeling better soon.

Thanks, Sassy. CC made me spew yogurt thru my nose, I now know what's worse than cancer!

Hope it did not have whole fruit chucks!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2229 on: September 15, 2009, 02:52:58 PM »

JSM,before hubby left for his Dr.appt. he said you need a shot of whiskey.He doesn't think he has time to bring today.      
Tell hubby thanks, I have whiskey, but there is no way I could drink it. I can't stand the smell of it. I inherited from my nephew's grandmother.

Hold your nose and swig. That's what I do. My mama had a tried and true cough medicine with honey, lemon and whiskey. After enough of it, you don't care if you cough or not. 
Hey, that's my recipe! It's served in a Magic Tea Pot....and the last person who had it was Boo. Where is Boo, anyway?

Ok, be safe, come back soon. I'm sure CC will have another story to make you spit yogurt out your nose!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #2230 on: September 15, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2231 on: September 15, 2009, 02:55:40 PM »

Matlock is now on 

Hubby's favorite show.   
It's not a bad show, one of my guilty pleasures is Murder She Wrote 

Each episode of Murder She Wrote followed a similar theme, in which Jessica Feltcher would stalk her victim, stab them to death with a biro, and then hypnotise one of their friends into believing they'd committed the crime in the first place. The episode would then end shortly before Mrs. Feltcher could be seen devouring her victims with fava beans and a nice glass of chianti.

Ok thats it my stomach hurts

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2232 on: September 15, 2009, 02:56:17 PM »

TEYVE - an article for you from today's paper.

Feeling much too blessed to be stressed

Cancer may have scarred me. But it hasn't put me on the sideline.

I have the same chances for survival as the rest of you.

After all, tomorrow isn't promised. All any of us have is today, and I'm doing my best to live today with joy.

After chemo, it's all in God's hand.

I'm good with that.

Seriously, CC, thanks for that. I have already figured that it's in God's hands, and I'm cool with that. I mean, He's listened to me all these years, He knows I swear when I talk to him sometimes, but He also knows that I strive to have the grace to do His will. When I pray, that's what I pray for: the ability to do His will. (Oh, sometimes I sneak in a few requests, like, after my hair falls out, can He make it come back strawberry blonde and naturally curly? Smile

Thank you!

Tevye because I know you have a wicked sense of humour and will not take this the wrong way, thought you would like this.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2233 on: September 15, 2009, 02:57:55 PM »

OMG significant developments on the morning search of Garrido's yard this morning.  News conference scheduled anytime. They mentioned the two missing girls from 20 years ago.  I am sick right now that this scumbag is still alive in jail right now.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2234 on: September 15, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »

A little old man shuffled slowly into the 'Orange Dipper', an ice cream parlor, and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool.

After catching his breath he ordered a banana split.

The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'

'No,' he replied, 'hemorrhoids.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2235 on: September 15, 2009, 02:59:41 PM »

Took me a while to find the actual recipe in my box as I  have been making these for so long I wing it.

Salmon Patties

When you have left over salmon (a nice piece at that when crumbled is about 1/2 cup of meat)

1 box (the regular size 120g) stove top stuffing mix for chicken
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup mayo or miracle whip ( I like mayo better but that is my taste)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup shredded cheese ( cheddar, mozza, anything you have or a combo of cheeses)
1 carrot grated through the course teeth of a grater (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
Kellogg's cornflake crumbs

Mix everything except the cornflake crumbs in a bowl.  Shape into eight patties, using about 1/2 cup of the  mixture for each patty.  On a shallow plate ( I use a pie plate, put about 1 cup cornflake crumbs.  Coat each patty in the crumbs so they are totally covered.  Add more crumbs in your plate if needed.  Cover and refrigerate at least 20 min.

In a  large  skillet put 2 TBSP butter and 2 TBSP olive oil  on medium heat. Add patties to skillet in batches frying for about 6  6 min. or until golden brown on both sides, turning carefully after 3 min.  You may need to add more butter and oil as you fry them as the bread crumbs will absorb some. 

If you want to do this with tuna use 2 cans tuna, the stuffing, water and mayo/miracle whip in the same amounts as above and add 2 TBSP sweet relish, 1 cup cheese and chopped green onions. then follow recipe from let sit in fridge for 20 min.

Thank you for posting this Northern Rose - I dont have a good recipe for Salmon patties and we love salmon at our house.  I am going to make this this week. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2236 on: September 15, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »

I say we all go to Fanny's for chili and cornbread!

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #2237 on: September 15, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »

TEYVE - an article for you from today's paper.

Feeling much too blessed to be stressed

Cancer may have scarred me. But it hasn't put me on the sideline.

I have the same chances for survival as the rest of you.

After all, tomorrow isn't promised. All any of us have is today, and I'm doing my best to live today with joy.

After chemo, it's all in God's hand.

I'm good with that.

Seriously, CC, thanks for that. I have already figured that it's in God's hands, and I'm cool with that. I mean, He's listened to me all these years, He knows I swear when I talk to him sometimes, but He also knows that I strive to have the grace to do His will. When I pray, that's what I pray for: the ability to do His will. (Oh, sometimes I sneak in a few requests, like, after my hair falls out, can He make it come back strawberry blonde and naturally curly? Smile

Thank you!

Tevye - And on a more serious note...

Aliens are a sure-fire method to cure cancer, if you can get it to work. The problem isn't so much to get the aliens to cure your cancer — they'll almost always do that free of charge, but getting picked up by aliens can be tough. Some useful tips:

Wag your thumb to the side, remember the flying saucer is above you.

Girls, make sure they can see your cleavage. That actually doesn't help with aliens, but you might get a nerd with a telescope to befriend you and assist in your search!

If you can't get abducted by aliens, go to a shrink and get hypnotic regressed. The guy will make you think you've been abducted by aliens, and for only $100 an hour he can work it all out with you over the next ten years. Now that you think you've been abducted and cured of cancer by aliens, the power of positive thinking will make the cancer go away.

Do No Evil 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2238 on: September 15, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »

Good luck Teyve  an angelic monkey

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2239 on: September 15, 2009, 03:06:54 PM »

Took me a while to find the actual recipe in my box as I  have been making these for so long I wing it.

Salmon Patties

When you have left over salmon (a nice piece at that when crumbled is about 1/2 cup of meat)

1 box (the regular size 120g) stove top stuffing mix for chicken
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup mayo or miracle whip ( I like mayo better but that is my taste)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup shredded cheese ( cheddar, mozza, anything you have or a combo of cheeses)
1 carrot grated through the course teeth of a grater (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
Kellogg's cornflake crumbs

Mix everything except the cornflake crumbs in a bowl.  Shape into eight patties, using about 1/2 cup of the  mixture for each patty.  On a shallow plate ( I use a pie plate, put about 1 cup cornflake crumbs.  Coat each patty in the crumbs so they are totally covered.  Add more crumbs in your plate if needed.  Cover and refrigerate at least 20 min.

In a  large  skillet put 2 TBSP butter and 2 TBSP olive oil  on medium heat. Add patties to skillet in batches frying for about 6  6 min. or until golden brown on both sides, turning carefully after 3 min.  You may need to add more butter and oil as you fry them as the bread crumbs will absorb some. 

If you want to do this with tuna use 2 cans tuna, the stuffing, water and mayo/miracle whip in the same amounts as above and add 2 TBSP sweet relish, 1 cup cheese and chopped green onions. then follow recipe from let sit in fridge for 20 min.

Thank you for posting this Northern Rose - I dont have a good recipe for Salmon patties and we love salmon at our house.  I am going to make this this week. 

This recipe doubles nicely and the patties freeze really well.  I take one out of the freezer, nuke it, put it on a  bun with my tartar sauce I make and have my version of fillet of fish.

Try this if you want some good tartar sauce.

1 cup mayo
1 TBSP sweet relish
1 TBSP finely chopped onion
2 TBSP lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste.

Mix everything and put in airtight container in fridge.  Wait at least 1 hour so the flavours meld before you use it.  It keeps for about 1 week in the fridge.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.