May 17, 2024, 06:02:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Gary Coleman - dead at 42 'Diff'rent Strokes'  (Read 22854 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: May 28, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »

Gary Coleman dies at age 42
Updated 3h ago 

Gary Coleman, the child star of the TV sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, died Friday after suffering an intercranial hemorrhage. He was 42.
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Janet Frank says life support was terminated and Coleman died at 12:05 p.m.

Coleman was hospitalized Wednesday after falling and suffering a head injury at his home south of Salt Lake City, according to family members.

For a while, it seemed that Gary Coleman's cherubic face was everywhere, from TV to T-shirts to lunchboxes.

PHOTOS: A look back at Coleman's life

On Diff'rent Strokes, he played precocious Arnold Jackson, who, with his brother Willis (Todd Bridges), was adopted by a wealthy, white Manhattan man (Conrad Bain) and his daughter (Dana Plato).

Coleman's pudgy cheeks and flawless comic timing made him the break-out star of the popular series, which ran from 1978-86.

His signature line, "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" became a national catchphrase.

But Coleman's bright beginnings were overshadowed by domestic disputes, legal troubles and health issues. Coleman was born with a congenital kidney disease that resulted in his small stature. He had two kidney transplants and required frequent dialysis.

At the height of Diff'rent Strokes' popularity, Coleman reportedly received up to $100,000 an episode. Beginning in 1980, he won four consecutive People's Choice Awards as Favorite Young TV Performer

He parlayed his prime-time success into steady work in TV guest spots, made-for-TV movies and feature films, including On the Right Track and The Kid with the Broken Halo. The latter inspired the animated TV series The Gary Coleman Show.

But in the years after Diff'rent Strokes, Coleman was in the headlines more often for his off-screen troubles than for his acting.

In 1989, he successfully sued his parents and former advisers for misappropriation of his trust fund, which had dwindled. He was awarded $1.3 million.

In 1999, Coleman filed for bankruptcy, blaming his troubles on financial mismanagement.

In 1998, while working as a security guard, he was charged with assault for hitting a woman who had been seeking an autograph. He pleaded no contest and received a suspended sentence.

In 2007 he was cited for disorderly conduct after arguing with his wife, Shannon Price, whom he married that August. They had met on the set of the 2006 comedy Church Ball.

In 2008, he and Price appeared on the syndicated TV show Divorce Court in an attempt to save their marriage.

But last year, the two were involved in a domestic dispute which resulted in Price being arrested and both receiving disorderly conduct citations.

And he recently settled a lawsuit with a man he allegedly hit with his car outside a Utah bowling alley in 2008.

In January, Coleman was arrested for failure to appear in court for an unspecified earlier charge.

Coleman's troubles led him to be the butt of jokes for comedians and he even inspired a character by the same name in the Tony-winning musical Avenue Q.

Through it all, Coleman maintained his perspective and sense of humor. "I parody myself every chance I get," he said. "I try to make fun of myself and let people know that I'm a human being, and these things that have happened to me are real. I'm not just some cartoon who exists and suddenly doesn't exist."

Despite his real-life travails, Coleman will remain an '80s TV icon, a quick-witted boy whose onscreen charm lives on in television syndication.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/2010-05-28-gary-coleman_N.htm?csp=hf

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »

"What'chu talkin' about, Willis?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 07:29:22 PM »

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 12:05:12 PM »

Gary Coleman was bleeding and 'bubbling at the mouth' after accident, wife reveals in 911 call

** listen to 911 call at link below **

BY Nancy Dillon
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/06/02/2010-06-02_gary_coleman_was_bleeding_and_bubbling_at_the_mouth_before_death_911_call_by_his.html

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 8:05 PM

Gary Coleman was bleeding profusely and "bubbling at the mouth" after the mysterious kitchen accident that preceded his sudden death, his panic-stricken wife told a 911 dispatcher.

"I heard this big bang. I went downstairs, (and there was) blood everywhere. I don't know if he's okay. I'm not down there right now because I have seizures if I get stressed out," the tragic TV star's wife Shannon Price said when she summoned help to the couple's Utah home a week ago.

Coleman, 42, was rushed to a hospital and died Friday from a suspected brain hemorrhage.

"His head is bloody. There's blood all over the floor. I don't know what happened," Price said on the 911 tape released Wednesday. "Send someone quick because I don't even know if he's going to be alive. There's a lot of blood on the floor. …He's was like bubbling at the mouth."

Price, 24, said she wasn't sure if he    had a seizure or accidentally fell while making her a snack while she waited in the bedroom.

The dispatcher asked Price to return to Coleman's side to check on his condition.

"He's moving," she said. "Gary are you okay? Stay where you are. Don't move Gary."

Price described Coleman as "lethargic" and said he didn't understand when she told him to put pressure on his head wound.

"I looked at the back of his head, and it's all bloody and gross," she said. "He's conscious, but he's not, like, with it."

She said he wasn't convulsing when she found him.

"I just don't want him to die. I'm freaking out, like, really bad," she said.

At one point Coleman stood up, and the dispatcher told Price he should sit down until help arrived.

"What's wrong?" Coleman is heard saying in the background.

"Look at the floor. Sit down," Price ordered him. "I'm gagging. I got blood on myself. I can't deal."

Coleman suffered a 1 to 1.25-inch laceration on his head from the accident, according to a police report obtained by the Daily News.

The "Diff'rent Strokes" star had no recollection when questioned at the scene, the report said, and nothing appeared suspicious.

"I asked if he hit his head on the floor or the kitchen counter or where, and he again told me did not remember," a responding officer from the Santaquin Police Department reported.

Coleman was able to walk with assistance to a waiting gurney in the couple's garage, the report said.

He was lucid the following morning but began losing consciousness last Thursday afternoon, hospital officials said.

He was removed from life support Friday.

Funeral services are planned in Salt Lake City this weekend, the Associated Press reports.

The victim of congenital kidney disease, Coleman underwent two kidney transplants by the time he was 14.

Transplant drugs stunted his growth and caused the eternal child-like appearance that both fueled and undercut his success.

Coleman starred in eight seasons of "Diff'rent Strokes" as the chubby-cheeked Arnold Jackson but struggled when the series ended in 1986.

He sued his parents for mishandling his trust fund, declared bankruptcy in 1999, admitted he once punched a woman who menacingly asked for an autograph and even worked a stint as a shopping mall security guard.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 12:08:07 PM »

Gary Coleman was divorced from wife when she made the decision to end life support

By Mail Online Reporter
Last updated at 1:16 AM on 3rd June 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1283567/Gary-Coleman-divorced-wife-decision-end-life-support.html#ixzz0pm2q197s

A new report adds controversy to Gary Coleman's death - with the revelation that the late actor was divorced from Shannon Price, who portrayed herself to hospital officials as his wife, at the time of his demise.

Entertainment Tonight reports that Coleman and Price legally divorced on August 12, 2008. The couple kept the filing secret, sealing the documents and using the names 'John Doe' and 'Jane Doe'.

The papers cite 'irreconcilable differences' as the reason for divorce and state that no alimony was awarded, with all property going to Coleman.

The report throws into question Price's right to make the decision to end life support to Coleman. A hospital spokesperson told Entertainment Tonight: 'We had no indication that the information Shannon gave us was false. She portrayed herself as his wife.'

The star's adoptive parents, Sue and Willie Coleman, who had been estranged from their son for more than a decade, are demanding to know the exact circumstances surrounding his death.

An investigation is still open, but a police source insists it is not being treated as suspicious.

Coleman suffered a brain hemorrhage after a fall last Wednesday at his Salt Lake City home. He was lucid until midday Thursday when he slipped into a coma. Coleman died at a Utah hospital after being taken off life support on Friday. He was 42.

The chilling 911 call made by Price as she begged for help was released on Wednesday.

An obviously distressed Price can be heard telling the call handler there's 'blood everywhere' as Coleman moans in the background.

The 24-year-old begs the handler to make the ambulance hurry, but says she feels unable to help Coleman herself, adding: 'I'm gagging. I've got blood on myself. I can't deal.'

In her 911 call Shannon tells the operator: 'My husband just got home. I heard a big bang.

'I went down, there's blood everywhere.'

Although Coleman was still conscious at this point, Price says he is 'out of it'.

In last Wednesday's call, released on website TMZ, Shannon describes a 'gory' gash on the back of Coleman's head, and says he is 'bubbling at the mouth'.

The call handler urges her to press the wound with a towel to stem the blood flow, but Shannon says she feels unable to touch it.

But she does hand Gary a towel and tell him to stay seated, at the handler's instruction.

Help arrives at their Utah home within six minutes, when Shannon ends the call.

Santaquin Police Chief Dennis Howard said Coleman had a dialysis treatment that day.

The 4ft 8in star's growth was stunted by a congenital kidney defect and he had also had two kidney transplants.

Coleman's agent today said the late actor's family is planning a memorial service, but they haven't yet decided whether it will be open to fans.

Shielia Erickson says they hope to hold the service on Friday, Saturday or Sunday in Salt Lake City.

Coleman starred in the sitcom Diff'rent Strokes as the pint-sized Arnold Jackson in the late 1970s and 1980s.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 12:18:30 PM »

At first I was very sad to hear the news about Gary.  And then I read the above articles, and was astounded at the many odd things about his death. 

Starting with the 911 call.  Everything we've learned about 911 calls in the missing/murdered cases in this site, has sent red flags down all over the place.  Seems 'something ain't right' with all this! 

Then learned that Gary and wife have been divorced for nearly 2 years, and yet in the 911 call she refers to herself as his wife.  'Acted as' his wife when she made the decision to pull the plug.  But....... did she have the authority to do so? 

Was thinking last night that I really REALLY hope that there are red flags going down for LE, and they will start investigating.  Very glad to read the following article am gonna post, that they are indeed taking a second look.

I dunno what happened with Gary.  But it seems to me that all should be done to make sure that no one 'helped' him to his death.  Just saying.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »

Coleman Death Under Investigation as 911 Call is Released

Wednesday, 02 Jun 2010, 7:00 PM EDT

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/entertainment/coleman-death-under-investigation-as-911-call-is-released-dpgonc-20100602-mh_7875589

(NewsCore) - Gary Coleman’s death last week is now under investigation, according to a report Wednesday a few hours after the grisly 911 call was released.

Although the scene at Gary Coleman’s home the day he died was “nothing suspicious,” according to the police report obtained by TMZ Wednesday, a report at RadarOnline said the late child star’s body was turned over to medical examiners for investigation. The 42-year old Coleman died Friday from a brain hemorrhage after reportedly falling while leaving to prepare his wife some food.

“The state medical examiner’s office looks at cases to determine answers to questions,” Utah Valley Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Janet Frank told Radar. She declined to elaborate further.

The 911 call from his wife Shannon Price was released earlier, painting a picture of the scene after Coleman’s fall. He was “bubbling at mouth,” Price told the dispatcher.

“There’s blood all over and I can’t do anything,” Price said.

Price resisted the dispatcher’s instructions on treating Coleman because she herself was gagging. At one point she said “I can’t deal.”

Later Wednesday TMZ reported Price and Coleman divorced two years ago, citing Coleman's divorce attorney. It was not immediately clear if she had legal power to make medical decisions for Coleman.

The official police report, also obtained by TMZ, noted that when Officer K Johnson arrived at the Utah home one week ago, there was “blood on the floor” but the late actor was still able to speak from the ground with a towel on the back of his head.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 01:10:36 PM »

From 'Eyes For Lies'

Shannon Price, Gary Coleman 911 Call

Thursday, June 3, 2010

http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2010/06/shannon-price-gary-coleman-911-call.html

If there was ever a phone call that sends chills down my spine, this would be it. There is no concern, fear or stress in Shannon Price's voice nor in many of her actions. Shannon spends more time telling us about her problems than she shows or expresses concern for dying husband Gary. It is very clear she does not care if Gary dies. There is no doubt about that.

I will try to review this in the next day or so....

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 01:13:44 PM »

From 'Eyes For Lies'

Shannon Price, Gary Coleman 911 Call

Thursday, June 3, 2010

http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2010/06/shannon-price-gary-coleman-911-call.html

If there was ever a phone call that sends chills down my spine, this would be it. There is no concern, fear or stress in Shannon Price's voice nor in many of her actions. Shannon spends more time telling us about her problems than she shows or expresses concern for dying husband Gary. It is very clear she does not care if Gary dies. There is no doubt about that.

I will try to review this in the next day or so....

the above, updated......

If there was ever a 911 call that sends chills down my spine, this would be it. There is no concern, fear or stress in Shannon Price's voice nor in many of her actions. Shannon spends more time telling us about her problems than she shows or expresses concern for dying husband, Gary. It is very clear she does not care if Gary lives or dies. At times, her response to get him help is so slow, you feel that she wants him to die. She leaves little doubt about it, actually. This 911 call is disturbing, and I think you can even hear Gary in the background saying, "Leave me alone! Leave me alone!"

I will try to review this in the coming days.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 03:40:01 PM »

Annnddd it only gets worse:

Shannon Price Speaks Out

Eyes For Lies

http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2010/06/shannon-price-speaks-out.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EyesForLies+%28Eyes+for+Lies+Blog%29&utm_content=Twitter

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Shannon Price speaks out to TMZ http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=9b40664b-d0d9-4c83-974d-f8e6923325bb (thanks, Celebitchy for the lead) and talks about her decision to pull the plug on Gary Coleman. I warn you she is beyond chilling!

When I watch Price, I am instantly reminded of Stacey Castor who was featured on 20/20 last week and who is known as the "black widow". It's something about their demeanor.

Price gives off serious indications of someone who doesn't even know or understand what empathy is. There isn't a tear in her eye when she talks about pulling the plug on Coleman. her eyes aren't puffy and she is even animated her chat with TMZ, which does not support a person who is grieving. She talks about Gary as if he were a piece of meat, not a human life about to be extinguished. I thought Michael Schiavo was cold, but she makes him look hot, warm and fuzzy!

Price says, "I've had a lot of people say, 'yeah, she pushed him', this and that, you know people are so cruel, they don't even know! I was upstairs, he was downstairs [expression of disgust]. How am I going to push him?"

This is ludicrous. We do not know where she was when this happened. All we have is her word, which I wouldn't put one cent on, frankly. She is colder than a nail in a freezer, frankly. Her emotions do not match her situation one iota!

Price says, "Why would I hurt my husband? Are you kidding?"

Is this supposed to convince us? It does nothing for me, whatsoever.

Listen to Price try to convince us that Gary was going to die or be useless no matter what! Price says:

You know, the doctors told us, even if they did surgery on him, he would have died. He would have bled to death during the surgery. And they said even if they did take a chunk out of his brain, he would not be the same. He would be basically be like... Muhammad Ali. He wouldn't be, you know...and....and...I mean he would have died sooner or later anyway from that... because its so..because the brain, it so traumatic.

I don't want people to be so hard on me thinking that, you know, I had to pull the plug too early. He wouldn't have made it anyway, his heart would have just given out........and I don't want people to think that I'm a BITCH, and that I didn't care about him, but you know, be in my situation. I mean look what happened with Terri Schiavo. I always think of her case when it comes to this. I mean, I mean Gary was gone, his eyes were dialated, he wasn't, you know, he wasn't...he was just gone (shoulder shrug)...and he's done a lot for me. He bought me a car...

Here are the things that stand out to me, outside of her trying to convince us he was going to die anyway, that she is very off and needs to be looked at with a magnifying glass:

1. "I don't want people to be so hard on me thinking that, you know, I had to pull the plug too early." Who would think they ever pulled a plug too early, unless they had regrets, or had thought of this before? Hello! She certainly doesn't have regrets, does she? She's made that 100% clear.

2. "I don't want people to think that I'm a BITCH, and that I didn't care about him, but you know, be in my situation." The word "but" as Dr. Phil always says means ignore everything I said before that and listen to what I have to say now....

3. "I always think of her case [Terri Schiavo] when it comes to this." How many times has it "come to this" in her life? It's like she's been thinking about this potential, doesn't it?

This woman is cold, cunning, and creepy.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 01:19:35 AM »

Even more from 'Eyes For Lies'

Shannon Price: 911 call for Gary Coleman

http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2010/06/shannon-price-911-call-for-gary-coleman.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EyesForLies+%28Eyes+for+Lies+Blog%29&utm_content=Twitter

I just looked closer at the 911 call made by Shannon Price when Gary Coleman was mortally injured. She is an interesting person because she is so cold, callous and unwilling to help Gary. It stands out like a sore thumb. Instead of helping him, she'd rather talk about how she is sick, how she can't be traumatized, how if she is stressed she will seize, how she can't help him because he is lethargic, etc.  It's nauseating.

What stands out to me in this 911 call outside of her callousness, is her lack of details about what happened. In the beginning when she talks to the operator, she says:

"Um...um....I just found my… ah..I just had my husband go make me something downstairs, he just got home, I heard this big bang. I went downstairs. Blood everywhere."

Yet later, she says:

"Head is bloody. There’s blood all over the floor. I don’t know what happened. I really don’t know what happened. I just heard this bang and I went down there, and he is on the floor and I…"

In her third recollection, she recalls different details:

"I just asked him, Can you go make me some food, you know, and he's like yeah, yeah, and I….and he hit his head and I don't know...I know its from his head, though, cuz I looked at the back of his head, and its all bloody and gross and, you know."

And here is her last recollection:

"I don’t know if he had a seizure, I don’t know if he just hit his head and fell, cuz I mean he was kind of like... he wasn’t like convulsing or anything."

How come one time she has a clear recollection and the another times she doesn't know anything? In the third version, there is absolutely no recall about Gary going down the stairs. This is highly notable. In the third version, she also seems to know conclusively he hit his head, too. How does she know that all of the sudden?

She also has a notable amount of false starts...that is she starts to say something and then stops, pauses and changes what she is about to say. In her first version of events, she says, "Um...um....I just found my… ah..I just had my husband go make me something..." In her third recollection, she starts to say "and I...and he hit his head." I wonder what she self-censored out here? In the last version of what happened, she almost tells us what he was like... but stops herself. Why?

Why doesn't she describe any of the details of hearing the bang, calling out for Gary, asking if he is okay, not getting a response and running down to find him in a pool of blood? Why are all these details missing?

You would think this would all stand out in her mind, because many people hear bangs and call out and ask a loved one, "Are you okay?" And when we don't hear a response, we jump up to investigate. Our heart skips a beat until we know things are okay! How many times have you experienced a false alarm and gotten mad at your spouse for the lack of a response--for making you worry needlessly? We remember the lack of a response, but Shannon doesn't. Why? This time it wasn't a false alarm!!

How did Shannon know it was so serious without calling out? I mean, wasn't she sick in bed? As she tells us she could barely stand, but she quickly ran down to check on Gary without calling out? I'm not buying it. You don't forget these details, when you are honest.

I also would expect her to have emotions of a person who discovered this gruesome scene. I would expect to hear shock, fear, terror, etc., but I don't. Why?

All of the details of what happened are eerily missing. Shannon gives us tidbits, but nothing of substances. It's highly notable.

I am stunned by the lack of emotional stress, too. Her voice is devoid of any fear, stress or concern. It's lackluster considering her circumstances. I would expect her to have some form of an adrenaline rush, but I hear nothing. I heard a little heavy breathing early on, but that dissipated quickly. I hear her talk as if she is almost bored at times, and other times it appears as if she is whining. I would not expect to hear that from a partner who just found their significant other in a pool of blood, unconscious, as she says.

Then later, she tells us he is moving around and again, we don't hear any hope, excitement, surprise, stun -- nothing. It's highly notable. It's almost as if she is complaining about it. She says, "He’s just sitt’n there. He’s sitting up now up now..." as if it is no big deal!

The way she says her name when the operator asks for it, it is unbelievable. It's like she is giving her name out for winning the lottery! It blew me away. She sounds almost chipper! You'd never know just hearing this that she was in the middle of a life and death crisis. It's like she flipped a lid on her behavior, for a second. People who are panicked, afraid, or fearful don't do this...

I also noted that she didn't use pronouns when she described things-- in the key time she should have a clear memory and when details should be there: "Head is bloody"--"Blood is everywhere." People who are often deceptive leave off pronouns. I've seen it many times.

Next, she tells the operator she can't help Gary for a variety of reasons, but one excuse is because if she gets stressed out she will have a seizure. Yet she had no problem, though, looking at the back of Gary's bloody head. She says, "I know its from his head, though, cuz I looked at the back of his head, and its all bloody and gross and, you know." Why didn't that stress her? She also didn't seem to have any stress going back to Gary several times. Isn't that inconsistent?

Why does she yell at Gary, "What's wrong?" as if he is perfectly fine? It's like he is annoying her by doing something. She tells us she thinks he might die, and then she yells what's wrong at him?? You hear anger in her voice when she says this. Why is she angry with him? Is that how you would feel if your loved one is gravely injured? She does not love this man or care if he dies, frankly. I don't think it takes any special talent to see this.

The timing of when she tells us Gary's wound is on the back his head is questionable, too. I was shocked she knew this information because she told us she couldn't handle being with Gary, but yet she strangely knew where his injury was. If he was all bloody and bleeding all over, how would she know where the injury was--especially if she couldn't handle the blood? Also, when did she discover this??? We never heard. Why? I would think that would be traumatic to see that, wouldn't you? In the first part of the 911 call, she didn't seem to know, then all of the sudden she did, yet we hear no trauma in between. It's very strange!

Here are the excuses Shannon uses when she is asked to help Gary:

1.Operator: Is there any way you can go down there at all?
      Price: ….I’ll try, I don’t know, I mean…I can’t….

2. Operator: Can you tell him to put pressure on the wound?
      Price: No, its on the back of his head.

3. Operator: Can you go where he is and help him?
      Price: He’s lethargic, I can’t really …help him. I just need help quick.

4. Operator: Can you tell him to try to put pressure on the back of his head?
      Price: No, can’t. It’s like all bloody and I’m not trying to do….He…He’s not with it.

Do these support a woman who is concern about someone who is injured?

I also found this statement very odd, "I'm just panicked. I don't know what to do...I'm dragg'n (?). I just frick'n....crazy person....hold on...." Why does she have all these false starts? Why does she say I just frick'n... What did she just do to call herself a crazy person? I don't even want to guess...

When I listen to this 911 call, my alarm bells are blaring that something isn't right. There are too many things that don't add up, that don't support what Shannon wants us to believe -- that Gary accidentally fell and she has no clue what happened. Shannon's behavioral evidence (my new term!!) suggests she knows more than she is telling us.... She is flat out inconsistent on too many levels to be believable, unless she is flat out mentally ill and unstable.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 01:10:45 PM »

Gary Coleman's Ex -- All Smiles in the Wake of Death

Jun 4th 2010

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/03/gary-coleman-shannon-price-photos-death-murder-actor-pictures/

Just hours after Shannon Price decided to pull the plug and end Gary Coleman's life -- the actor's ex-wife was already smiling and posing for photos.

TMZ has learned the photos seen here were taken on May 29 -- just one day after Gary died. The woman smiling with Shannon is Sheila Erickson -- an agent who worked with both Shannon and Gary.

The photos were taken around the same time she sat down with a camera crew and did an interview about Gary's death.

We're told Shannon wanted to do the interview "to get her side of the story out" -- amongst speculation that she may have killed Gary.

~~~

If you go to the above link and scroll down, look around, you'll see links to other related articles.  Plus the comment sections, which many are interesting indeed. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »

Here's the pic that goes with the above article:

Gary Coleman's Ex -- All Smiles in the Wake of Death

On left is Shannon Price - Gary's Ex
Next to her is Sheila Erickson - Gary and Shannon's agent

TMZ reports these pics were taken the day after Gary's death.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 01:23:36 PM »

Coleman's Parents: We Want to Bring Gary Home

Jun 3rd 2010

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/03/gary-coleman-parents-ex/

Gary Coleman's parents, Sue and Willie, have officially lawyered up -- with the intention of bringing their son "home."

TMZ obtained a statement released by attorney Frederick Jackman, which says, "The Coleman's don't want to fight anyone ... They're hoping that by applying for Formal Probate, they can get through this process the right way."

The lawyer also stated, "I don't understand why so many people who knew Gary are being so secretive. The status of the divorce, whether or not anyone has a will, these are all issues that should be brought to the family's attention immediately."

The statement doesn't specify where they intend to bury their son.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »

Gary Coleman's Ex -- I Can't Afford His Funeral

Jun 3rd 2010

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/03/gary-coleman-shannon-price-ex-wife-death-las-vegas-finances-money-life-insurance/

Gary Coleman's ex-wife had a passion ... for getting pampered and spending money in Las Vegas -- and now she's begging Gary's fans to help her with his funeral costs.

In an interview shot the day after Gary's death -- and obtained by TMZ -- Shannon Price talks an awful lot about money ... bragging that she "bought high-end stuff" during trips to Vegas.

Price also says she's hard up for cash now because Gary couldn't get life insurance -- due to his kidney condition.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »

Gary Coleman Police Report -- 'Nothing Suspicious'

Jun 2nd 2010

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/02/gary-coleman-police-report-shannon-price-utah-nothing-suspicious/

The police officer who responded to Gary Coleman's home on the day he was hospitalized claims he observed "nothing suspicious" about the scene at the actor's home, according to the police report.

In the report, obtained by TMZ, Officer K Johnson from the Santaquin PD in Utah writes that when he first arrived to the home, Gary's wife, Shannon Price, met him at the front door.

The officer claims Shannon directed him to  Gary -- but wouldn't accompany him to her injured husband because she didn't want to "see the blood on the floor."

The officer also notes when he spoke to Gary -- who was sitting on the ground with a towel on the back of his head -- the actor couldn't remember how he injured his head.

According to the report, Shannon told officers that the two had been in bed ... when she asked Gary to go downstairs and fix her some food. Shannon claimed Gary fell shortly after leaving the room.

Eventually, the officer claims Gary was able to walk -- with assistance -- to a waiting ambulance which transported him to a nearby hospital.

Gary died two days later.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 02:13:50 PM »

I just want to note that the above article about the police report was what LE first said, that there were no suspicions.  They have since decided to investigate further.  Thank goodness! 

According to the police report, Shannon told officers that the two had been in bed ... when she asked Gary to go downstairs and fix her some food. Shannon claimed Gary fell shortly after leaving the room. 

And yet.......... in the first article upthread, it was reported that in her 911 call Shannon tells the operator: "My husband just got home. I heard a big bang. I went down, there's blood everywhere."

Why the different versions?  Had Gary just gotten home, hopped in bed, Shannon asked him to fix her something to eat, he got back up and went downstairs and then fell hitting his head?  If it didn't happen thatta way, then I dunno how else Shannon can pull the different versions of that night together. 

Am hoping that LE doesn't let her out of their sight!! 

Also re the above police report... What kind of person who supposedly 'cares' about their significant other, would not accompany the EMTs and/or officers to that injured person.. because they don't want to 'see the blood'.  ????????  IMO, *not* a person who truly cares for that injured one.  Wild horses couldn't drag me from a loved one who had been injured.  Blood or not.  The EMTs would likely have to ask me to plz step aside (ie: get outta the way) so they could attend to my loved one.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 02:58:23 PM »

Friends and Co-Stars Remember Gary Coleman

May 29th 2010

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/28/gary-coleman-dead-quotes-diffrent-strokes/

TMZ spoke with several people who knew Gary Coleman. Here's what they said.

Conrad Bain

Bain, 87, (interviewed by TMZ shortly after Gary was hospitalized, and before his death).  Bain, who played Gary Coleman's sitcom father on "Diff'rent Strokes" tells TMZ he's aware of Gary's tragic situation -- and says he's "hoping and praying for his recovery."

Bain, who played Philip Drummond on the show -- tells us the two haven't spoken in years ... but with the recent reports, Gary is definitely in his thoughts.

Charlotte Rae

Rae, 84, tells TMZ "I said a prayer for him this morning after hearing about his condition. Gary was so loving, so charming. He was the big star of the show."  — Charlotte Rae

Gary Coleman's TV housekeeper is shocked and deeply saddened by his death -- especially because she got the tragic news shortly after hearing he was in the hospital. 

Rae -- who played Mrs. Garrett on "Diff'rent Strokes" -- said she saw a TV report this morning that Gary was hospitalized. A few hours later she got the news he had passed away.

Rae also starred in the "Diff'rent Strokes" spin-off, "The Facts of Life" -- which might never have happened without Gary's success. 

Traci Bingham

“The sudden passing of Gary Coleman comes to a great shock. I was fortunate to have the honorable pleasure to work with him. I got to know him during my experience on ‘The Surreal Life.’ The moment he walked onto the set, we instantly bonded. I found him to be incredibly funny, intelligent, loving and outgoing. He always had such a positive outlook on life and people! Gary will truly be missed by the world and he will forever live on in my heart!! Gary, i love you! Xoxo Love always” — Traci Bingham

Vanilla Ice

Vanilla -- aka Robert Van Winkle -- tells us,“I’m shocked and deeply saddened. He was a great guy, a legend – everyone knows Gary Coleman. We had a good time on ‘Surreal Life.’ I’ll always remember the time he and I had. He was fun to be around for the most part. Just a good, funny guy. It's almost a Catch-22. He's had such a bad luck life ... I hope he's in a better place.” — Vanilla Ice

Turns out Vanilla and Gary hit it off when Coleman guest starred on an episode of "The Surreal Life" back in 2004 ... despite the fact that they got into an epic war on the show because Gary wouldn't say, "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

(As of this interview) No memorial date has been set as of yet -- but Vanilla says "of course" he'll attend.

Danny Cooksey

“I really looked up to Gary … I’d watch him and learn … We shot in front of a live audience … He took me under his wing … I learned a tremendous amount from him. I would go over to his house and look at his train set. He was really into trains and had a huge room dedicated to his trains, but I couldn’t touch them. They were only for looking – the trains were Gary’s baby … Gary also had the full-on arcade version of ‘Spy Hunter,’ which in 1985 was a big deal.” — Danny Cooksey, step-brother Sam on “Diff’rent Strokes.”

Trishelle Cannatella

“This is awful. I’m really sad by the news. I’m praying for his wife.” — Trishelle Cannatella, “Surreal Life”

Avenue Q
“On behalf of the Avenue Q family, we feel this is a great loss. In a way, we are with Gary Coleman everyday. His character on stage is humorous, but it also reflects great compassion and respects his place in the industry. In a small way, Gary is going to live on with the show.” — Steve Gabriel, producer “Avenue Q”

Midgets & Mascots
“He had a good heart. Underneath the exterior was a goodhearted guy.” — Ron Carlson, Director of “Midgets Vs. Mascots”

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »

Gary Coleman's Parents Want Answers About His Death

By Jeff Mays on Jun 1st 2010

http://www.bvblackspin.com/2010/06/01/gary-coleman-died?icid=sphere_tmzcom_inline

My mother has an expression that she always says to me and my siblings: "Give me my flowers while I'm alive." Maybe you've heard it from someone in your life. It means don't wait until a person is dead to show how much you care about them.

That expression came to mind when I heard about Gary Coleman's parents wanting to know more details about how he died. No matter how old a person gets, a parent always sees him or her as their child. Despite the fact that they've been estranged from their son for years, Sue and Willie Coleman felt the same way.

"We're not pointing fingers at anyone, but we need to know exactly what happened," Coleman's mother told People. "We're not angry. We're just concerned. Did our son fall down the stairs? Did he fall in the bathtub? We need to have some closure on our son's life."

As I hear his parents complain about not having details about their son's death, I wonder why Coleman and his parents were unable to repair their broken relationship while he was still alive?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »

A poll taken at TMZ:

Gary's death -- suspicious?

* 65% Yes
    * 35% No

Total Votes: 70,540

http://www.tmz.com

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.