May 17, 2024, 12:36:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 447520 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1580 on: April 25, 2009, 04:43:35 AM »

Everyone keeps talking about the possiblility that 'pastors' Lane Lawless & Robert Roberson are one and the same . . . here they are side by side . . . on the right is Roberson when acquitted in 1995 in Wenatchee (thus 14 years ago) . . . not sure what to think. What do you all think? Alot of similarities, but the nose seems very different to me . . .

(Don't know how to post a jpeg within my post, so am "attaching" it . . .see if it works . . .)

Personally, I do think they look alike.

And the freaky weird thing to me are the wives names.  There is Connie L Roberson -- and then there's Connie Lee Lawless.   

I'll put the pics I have in the next post, tried to make them a similiar size, hope it works.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1581 on: April 25, 2009, 04:48:21 AM »

I dunno tho.  The men's noses seems different.  Would that happen with age? 

Pastor Lawless on left -- Pastor Roberson on right:

Connie Lee Lawless on left -- Connie L. Roberson on right

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
ChihuahuaMom
Scared Monkey

LittleMan 2008 AKC top 5th agility chihuahua

« Reply #1582 on: April 25, 2009, 07:19:11 AM »

do you know what the date of these pics are? I don't think it's the same person but maybe they could be related?

I agree with Wyks, the nose is slightly off.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1583 on: April 25, 2009, 08:03:07 AM »

Everyone keeps talking about the possiblility that 'pastors' Lane Lawless & Robert Roberson are one and the same . . . here they are side by side . . . on the right is Roberson when acquitted in 1995 in Wenatchee (thus 14 years ago) . . . not sure what to think. What do you all think? Alot of similarities, but the nose seems very different to me . . .

(Don't know how to post a jpeg within my post, so am "attaching" it . . .see if it works . . .)

definately 2 different dudes, imo
B
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1584 on: April 25, 2009, 09:52:24 AM »

Judge in Cantu case seals autopsy details
ShareThisBy Cynthia Hubert
chubert@sacbee.com
Published: Saturday, Apr. 25, 2009 - 12:00 am | Page 3A
STOCKTON – A San Joaquin County judge on Friday agreed to seal the details of an autopsy on the body of little Sandra Cantu of Tracy.

Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus, in response to a request by the District Attorney's Office, said releasing the report could cause public outrage and make it impossible for the woman charged with raping and killing Sandra, 8, to get a fair trial.

It also would be "an invasion of the Cantu family's privacy rights," Lofthus added.

The ruling came during Melissa Chantel Huckaby's second courtroom appearance since being charged with kidnapping, raping and slaying Sandra, whose body was found earlier this month in a suitcase floating in an irrigation pond. The girl had been missing for 10 days, and had last been seen skipping through the trailer park where she lived with her mother, Maria Chavez.

People in Tracy and across the country became mesmerized by the case, and more than 2,500 people attended Sandra's public memorial service.

Huckaby, 28, was a neighbor of Sandra and her family at the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park, and her daughter frequently played with Sandra.

Shackled and wearing a red jail jumpsuit Friday, Huckaby sat quietly next to public defender Sam Behar, staring straight ahead and showing no emotion.

Several of her family members, seated behind her in the courtroom, shed tears.

If Huckaby is convicted, she could face life in prison without the possibility of parole or the death penalty.

She has yet to enter a plea.

Relatives and friends of Sandra and her family, some wearing shirts imprinted with the girl's image, sat on the opposite side of the packed courtroom from Huckaby's family.

The court assigned 21 seats for the victim's family and five seats for the defendant's family.

It also issued 26 media credentials, using a lottery system to award seats to reporters. Thirty members of the public were issued seats, and the court turned away at least 20 others who were interested in watching the brief hearing.

Lofthus noted that the case has generated national attention in print, on television and radio and on the Internet.

"It's a kind of case we have never had in San Joaquin County," she said. "Most courts never have this kind of case."

In the age of the 24-hour news cycle, she said, releasing the results of autopsy and toxicology tests would generate an instant firestorm of coverage.

"There is no doubt in my mind that it would be disseminated before I even walked out of the door today," she said. "The public views sexual assault and homicide of a child as a heinous crime."

So, in the "overriding interest" of assembling an unbiased jury and ensuring a fair trial, the judge said, she decided to seal the reports until further notice.

Prosecutor Thomas Tesla told the judge that he has turned over more than 500 pages of evidence to the defense and needs several weeks to prepare and distribute other reports. Lofthus set the next hearing for May 22.

In another development Friday, public defender Behar withdrew his request that the girl's body be exhumed so that it can be examined for more evidence. Behar offered no explanation, and he and other lawyers and investigators are subject to a gag order prohibiting them from talking about the case.

http://www.sacbee.com/capitolandcalifornia/story/1808810.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1585 on: April 25, 2009, 09:54:38 AM »

Police: no apparent connection between northern CA murder and LC Valley
Published: Apr 24, 2009 at 11:22 PM PDT

Story Updated: Apr 24, 2009 at 11:22 PM PDT

LEWISTON - Reports of a connection between the grandfather of the woman charged with the grisly murder of a little girl in northern California and the LC Valley appear to have little substance to them.

Bay Area television stations were making calls to law enforcement and others on both sides of the LC Valley Thursday night and Friday, looking to confirm reports that Clifford Lane Lawless, the grandfather of 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby, had been a pastor at a local church and may have been the subject of a child abuse investigation.

But after checking Friday, there was no link to the Valley discovered.

Pastor Bill Creutzberg of the Warner Alliance Church did confirm that he had been interviewed by the FBI concerning the case on Good Friday, but said he told them the same thing he told Action News, that he knows nothing about Lawless.

The Asotin County Sheriff's Office and Clarkston Police also have no information about Lawless and Captain Tom Greene with Lewiston Police said the FBI had contacted LPD about Lawless, but that Lewiston Police have no records with Lawless’ name on them

Huckaby is charged with murder and rape for the death of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu of Tracy, California.

The FBI told Action News Friday that they can’t comment on the investigation.

http://www.klewtv.com/news/43641802.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1586 on: April 25, 2009, 09:59:06 AM »

Huckaby linked to SoCal arson case

Melissa Huckaby, accused of killing 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, has been linked to two house fires when she lived in Southern California in 2007.

Evelyn Lloyd, Huckaby’s roommate for eight months, said in a phone interview today from Southern California that police should look more closely at Huckaby’s involvement in the two fires that damaged the four-bedroom house they shared in La Palma.

Orange County Superior Court records show that Lloyd, 47, was charged with a felony count of arson on July 19, 2007. She spent 10 days in jail and was placed on suicide watch. The case against her was later dismissed.

La Palma police Capt. Jim Enright said today that Huckaby was considered a person of interest in two fires set at a home where she lived in 2007.

Citing a gag order placed on the murder case by San Joaquin County Judge Linda Lofthus, Enright declined to comment further. Huckaby is in jail and stands accused of Sandra’s murder, kidnapping and rape with a foreign object.

The first fire broke out on July 19 and the other was eight days later — while Lloyd was in jail.

Lloyd said she suspected Huckaby and also their landlord, Judy Minchey.

“I was living in this lady’s house for 12 years, and I knew the personality and the makeup of the people,” she said. “All this stuff started happening when Melissa moved into the house.”

No charges were ever filed against Huckaby or Minchey, who could not be reached for comment.

After the first fire, Lloyd said, police found a baby’s bottle with gasoline, a threatening letter and newspapers stuffed in the side window of her first-story room.

“Either she (Huckaby) wanted my bedroom, or she blackmailed the landlord and it got too out of whack, because six days after I was locked up, the landlord’s house was on fire,” said Lloyd.

According to Lloyd, the fire that happened while she was in jail started in the living room. Authorities said the two fires caused nearly $90,000 in damages.

Ten days earlier, Lloyd said she was served with an eviction notice because Minchey felt her attitude was unacceptable. That day, Lloyd said she found that all of her electrical cords were cut. The next day, she said her clothes were bleached. That Wednesday, Lloyd said she found written in big, blue letters on her bedroom door, “Get out of here, n----r!”

After this happened, she said La Palma police only questioned Minchey, not Huckaby.

Lloyd said police pointed to her attitude, military experience and the fact that she had sent her 13-year-old daughter to live with a babysitter in Los Angeles 10 days earlier as evidence that she had committed the arson. Her landlord also implicated her, she said.

“(Minchey) said I walked in the house, I lit the curtains, ran into the burning house, closed my door and waited for the police to come rescue me,” Lloyd said. “They said that I looked like I set it up the whole week and did all that stuff to myself.”

Lloyd estimated that 25 or 30 women lived in the house at different times but were driven out by Minchey’s odd rules and strict attitude.

One day, Lloyd said, she and Huckaby talked about how the landlord insisted clothes had to be washed in Tide detergent. She said she’s sure Minchey overheard her suggest that Huckaby could buy cheaper soap and pour it into a Tide bottle.

Like Lloyd, Huckaby had a daughter living in the home. The two initially bonded as Lloyd showed her how to survive in what she described a “toxic” environment.

“When Melissa moved in, I befriended her,” Lloyd said. “I told her the landlord only has one motive (to make money). So I became a mother hen to her. I felt like I had to wrap my arms around her and protect her.”

Lloyd said this whole ordeal has turned her life upside down. Before this, she considered herself a good role model, a medical courier who was a veteran of Desert Storm. Now she said her reputation has been damaged.

“I want justification; I want to be vindicated on all levels,” Lloyd said. “I’m so numb about it because my life is finally getting back on track.”

•Contact Tracy Press reporter Justin Lafferty at 830-4269 or jlafferty@tracypress.com.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=2426506-Huckaby+linked+to+SoCal+arson+case&widget=push&instance=home_most_popular&article-Huckaby%20linked%20to%20SoCal%20arson%20case%20=&open=&
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1587 on: April 25, 2009, 10:03:38 AM »

IMO, different people!
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1588 on: April 25, 2009, 10:04:22 AM »

No, they wern't very close, I've never met him. I think he was the recruter that got my husband his last job.

I am glad your hubby seemed to dodge a bullet, this guy is an ALOT of trouble.
B
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1589 on: April 25, 2009, 10:05:53 AM »

Two different sets of people. The snozer on Lawless guy is definitely distimguishable And for the woman it looks like Connie's lips are fuller now than the pic of the younger woman...not the same peeps IMO.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1590 on: April 25, 2009, 10:07:22 AM »

Thanks for all the updates and articles. Northern Rose, this is from the article you just posted.   After the first fire, Lloyd said, police found a baby’s bottle with gasoline, a threatening letter and newspapers stuffed in the side window of her first-story room.

“Either she (Huckaby) wanted my bedroom, or she blackmailed the landlord and it got too out of whack, because six days after I was locked up, the landlord’s house was on fire,” said Lloyd.  I'm not real sure what to think about a person who would do this, besides calling the person crazy, but I'm sure this type of behavior, and then the action of drugging a child, and then the horrific things she did to Sandra, the behavior was escalating. God only knows what she was doing that hasn't been reported on yet 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1591 on: April 25, 2009, 10:32:07 AM »

Judge in Cantu case won't escape scrutiny
Huckaby trial only latest emotionally charged case Lofthus to oversee

<snipped>
STOCKTON - Melissa Huckaby's trial on charges she raped and murdered 8-year-old Sandra Cantu won't be the first emotion-riddled case to play out before San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus.

Lofthus teared up three years ago listening to testimony from the friend of a 22-year-old man stabbed to death in front of a bar. That led defense attorneys to say she showed bias against a pair Jus Brothers Motorcycle Club members convicted in the killing.

Lofthus, 56, also faltered in an emotional moment on the bench late last year while sentencing convicted serial killer William Jennings Choyce to death for murdering three prostitutes. It was the first capital murder case for Lofthus.

When Huckaby, 28, steps into Lofthus' courtroom Friday for the first time, she'll confront a judge who receives quiet criticism from some local attorneys and high praise from an unlikely place - the attorney of the only person she's ever sentenced to death.

"There's no doubt she'll work as hard as necessary," Choyce's Oakland-based attorney, Lorna Patton-Brown said of Lofthus, adding that the pressure of such a high-profile case will be punishing.

In Choyce's case, Lofthus didn't always rule in the defendant's favor, but Patton-Brown credited the judge with researching and reading every case brought before her.

Each morning, Lofthus greeted Choyce and treated him respectfully, said Brown, adding that she expects Lofthus to give Huckaby the same even-handed treatment.

"For doing such a difficult, hard and awful case, it was as pleasant as it possibly could be for us," Patton-Brown said.

Huckaby faces a potential death sentence on the murder charge with three special circumstances of kidnapping, rape with a foreign object and lewd and lascivious acts on a child younger than 14.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090423/A_NEWS/904230327/-1/A_NEWS02
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1592 on: April 25, 2009, 10:48:15 AM »

Just a thought, and I am sure the FBI has covered it.

I believe I read that Lane Lawless had used some alias'.  So, just wondering if this could have possibly been the name he use at the other churches, where they are finding no connection with Lane Lawless....but maybe his other name would stir.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1593 on: April 25, 2009, 11:06:24 AM »

Something wicked this way comes..a family posing not only as churcH abiding people ..but ministers, sunday school teachers..involved in these types of crimes  and covering for each other..could there be anything more evil..using a church as a guise to seduce and kidnap and rape young vics?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
ChihuahuaMom
Scared Monkey

LittleMan 2008 AKC top 5th agility chihuahua

« Reply #1594 on: April 25, 2009, 11:17:53 AM »

is there some kind of tax records for these so called churches? Who is paying the utilities for these buildings?
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1595 on: April 25, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »

I dont think that is the same person. The nose is very different. The nostrils are completely different. 

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
spring2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1596 on: April 25, 2009, 11:43:28 AM »

I am just getting back to town.

I am sorry if this has been previously posted.  I just saw it on aol. 

It definitely won't hurt to circulate it more!

http://snipurl.com/gp3wq

John Doe sexual predators.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1597 on: April 25, 2009, 11:54:36 AM »

Thanks spring2
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1598 on: April 25, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »

Just looked at this site.  There are .. 3 .. sex offenders that are NOT identified.  Have a look, I just did and it looks to me like #17... is the Lawless guy that was just arrested. 

Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1599 on: April 25, 2009, 11:56:51 AM »

I dont think that is the same person. The nose is very different. The nostrils are completely different. 

I agree - the nose is too different. Everyone was just talking about the possibility, so I tried creating a visual to see for myself. They may well be connected in some way through all of this - but NOT the same guy (nor same Connie, for that matter).
We'll get to the bottom of this, fellow Monkeys!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.