May 17, 2024, 09:58:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/8 Annie Marie Le missing from Yale University (BODY FOUND)  (Read 276693 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »

The live press conference can be watched live at the link below at 5:30 ET:

http://www.wtnh.com/subindex/video/live_events_1

Thank you Klaas.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »

Thank you Mere.   an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »

(They changed this sentence in their article to read:)

Police sources told a local New Haven television news channel that Le's body was also found in the building.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/12/2009-09-12_cops_seeking_clues_in_missing_yale_student_annie_les_disappearance_say_case_wide.html

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »

http://www.wtnh.com/

An unidentified man gets into back of an unmarked New Haven police vehicle outside 10 Amistad St. Saturday, Sept. 12, 2009.

I read the caption under this picture on the link, and it says the man in the blue shirt is a states attorney Michael Dearrington.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2009, 05:23:34 PM »

An unidentified man gets into back of an unmarked New Haven police vehicle outside 10 Amistad St. Saturday, Sept. 12, 2009.

I read the caption under this picture on the link, and it says the man in the blue shirt is a states attorney Michael Dearrington.

Thank you Fanny Mae.   an angelic monkey

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »

Thank you Fanny Mae.   an angelic monkey

It must have been changed after it was first posted.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2009, 05:29:34 PM »

It looks like CNN Live will carry it on TV.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2009, 05:32:02 PM »

News conference should start any minute
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2009, 05:32:04 PM »

It must have been changed after it was first posted.

That's my guess.  One of the articles I posted today has already changed about 3 times. 

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2009, 05:33:36 PM »

Fox News Live looks set up to carry it also.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2009, 05:38:06 PM »

Mercy, this lady sounds like she's giving a commencement address. 

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »

?????  What has really happened here?  Still looking for her???

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »

I know, I think Yale is in a CYA mode right now.  Some outlets are saying they did find her body, maybe they won't say until all family has been told.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2009, 06:15:54 PM »

Welcome to CT where you can NEVER find out anything about anyone

Bloody clothes found in Yale lab where Annie Le last seen; Officals deny reports of body found

BY Matthew Lysiak In New Haven and Samuel Goldsmith
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Updated Saturday, September 12th 2009, 4:44 PM

DelMundo for News
Unmarked police cars and federal agents cars lined up in front of Amistad Hall where the body of missing Yale grad student Annie Marie Le, 24, was found Saturday.

Barcelo for News
A photo of Annie Marie Le found on Facebook.
Related News
Articles
Professor grilled over missing Yale student
Missing Yale bride-to-be penned article on campus safety
Yale grad student Annie Le disappears 5 days before New York wedding
Yale grad student Annie Le disappears 5 days before New York wedding
Family cancels planned wedding ceremony of missing Yale bride-to-be Annie Le
Professor questioned by police in case of missing Yale student Annie Le

Investigators found bloody clothes stuffed in the ceiling where missing Yale graduate student Annie Le was last seen Athorities emptied the building at 10 Amistad St. in New Haven Saturday afternoon and declared it a crime scene.

Officials speaking in an evening news briefing denied earlier reports that Le's body had also been found in the building.

The building under investigation houses the university's molecular biology labs.

Investigators questioned a man outside her lab Saturday morning - then put him in an unmarked car with an FBI agent and drove away.

Officials would not say whether the man was a suspect or a witness. Le, a 24-year-old doctoral student in pharmacology, was last seen around 10 a.m. Tuesday at the lab on the Yale Medical School complex, about a mile from the main campus.

"[The case] is still wide open," a law enforcement source told the Daily News. "We are looking into everything."

The source said investigators are looking at:

* A burglary gone bad - the lab where Le was last seen is full of valuable equipment.

* Kidnapping - Le's mother owns nail salons in California and has access to cash.

* A professor who suddenly canceled a class Le was to attend around the time she went missing.

Investigators are still searching through hundreds of hours of surveillance footage and following up on tips.

Yale announced Friday a $10,000 reward for information that leads them to Le. "They are going frame by frame, looking at every image," said Yale spokesman Tom Conroy.

"We are also reviewing footage of nearby businesses. "We have yet to I.D. her leaving the building," he said. "The FBI is continuing to do interviews with everyone who knew the student."

Investigators also examined blueprints of the building to make sure nothing was missed in their search. Le graduated from the University of Rochester in 2007, where she received a degree in bioscience and met her fiance, Jonathan Widawsky, who she was set to marry Sunday in Syosset.

Police say Widawsky, a Columbia University graduate student, is not a suspect and is assisting with the investigation.

"There is still no evidence of foul play," Conroy said. "We are asking anyone who has information, even if they think it isn't significant, to please come forward."

sgoldsmith@nydailynews.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...case_wide.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2009, 06:16:38 PM »

I know, I think Yale is in a CYA mode right now.  Some outlets are saying they did find her body, maybe they won't say until all family has been told.

When they asked the FBI agent about the report that some outlets were saying they found a body the woman looked shocked to hear that.  So that lead me to believe they didn't find a body.

If a body was found they family would have been notified immediately.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »

Related Articles from around the Daily News
Bloody clothes found in Yale lab where Annie Le last seen; Officals deny reports of body found

Posted on 2009-09-12 16:57:28

Investigators found bloody clothes stuffed in the ceiling where missing Yale graduate student Annie Le was last seen. Authorities emptied the building at 10 Amistad St. in New Haven Saturday afternoon and declared it a crime scene.
Professor questioned by police in case of missing Yale student Annie Le

Posted on 2009-09-11 22:54:18

Cops questioned a Yale professor Friday in the case of a graduate student who went missing just days before her New York wedding, a police source told the Daily News.
Family cancels planned wedding ceremony of missing Yale bride-to-be Annie Le

Posted on 2009-09-11 14:59:19

Missing Yale graduate student Annie Le's wedding has been canceled. "The wedding is off," a supervisor at the North Ritz Club in Syosset, Long Island said Friday afternoon, less than 48 hours before a planned reception.

Posted on 2009-09-11 11:58:41

A Yale University graduate student who disappeared less than a week before her wedding wrote an article in Medical School magazine about how to stay safe on campus.
More Annie Le Articles from the Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Annie+Le

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »

UPDATE: Annie Le has not been found, crime scene discovered in Yale building

Sep 12th, at 6:14pm

NEW HAVEN — Yale University grad student Annie Le remains missing but bloody clothes and other evidence of a crime scene have been found inside...
By William Kaempffer, Register Staff

Click to enlarge

NEW HAVEN — Yale University grad student Annie Le remains missing but bloody clothes and other evidence of a crime scene have been found inside the building where she was was last seen, authorities and police sources said Saturday.

The discovery may dash hopes that Le, whose wedding Sunday has been called off, would be found alive.

Investigators held a briefing on the case at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday. A Yale official said Le's family said they have no reason to believe Le did not want to get married Sunday.

Police sources said the evidence was discovered in a ceiling at the Yale building at 10 Amistad St. where surveillance footage shows Le entering Tuesday morning. She has not been seen since. The building houses the university’s molecular biology labs.

Kim Mertz of the FBI said Saturday that she would not comment on what evidence was found at the Amistad Street building. She said authorities had not been able to confirm Le ever left the buildiing.

Police, using bloodhounds, have been searching the building since earlier this week.

Yale Friday offered a $10,000 reward for information, as family and friends remained in limbo about her whereabouts. Le, 24, is a doctoral candidate in pharmacology and molecular medicine.

A team of about 100 law enforcement agents from Yale University, the FBI, state police and New Haven officers, have been working on the case around the clock, according to Yale spokesman Tom Conroy.

As part of that, the FBI went to Yale-New Haven Hospital Friday night to review its security camera videos, according to sources.

Yale officials said Le’s fiance, Columbia University graduate student Jonathan Widawsky, 24, has been cooperating, as have Le’s friends and colleagues at Yale, and her family. officials said said there is no reason to consider Widawsky a person of interest in the case. The Yale official said police had also not uncovered any threats or problems involving Le’s family.

Yale officials said a check of Le’s computer and cell phone failed to turn up anything to explain her disappearance. Le left her purse, money, credit cards and cell phone at her office at 333 Cedar St. before walking three blocks to 10 Amistad St.

On Saturday, Yale officials said media reports of one of Le’s professors being questioned in the case is misleading, since anyone she has contact with has been questioned.

Anyone with information on Le is asked to call the FBI hotline at (877) 503-1950, which is answered 24 hours a day. The FBI has also put out the message about Le on electronic billboards on Interstates 91 and 95.

http://www.nhregister.com/

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2009, 07:24:20 PM »

Thank you for the updates.  I got kicked out of the cage & couldn't get back in.  Then got a phone call & am just now catching up.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/20875838/detail.html

Items Seized In Yale Student's Disappearance
Grad Student's Whereabouts Remains Unknown

POSTED: 3:59 pm EDT September 12, 2009
UPDATED: 7:13 pm EDT September 12, 2009

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Law enforcement officials said the whereabouts of missing Yale graduate student Annie Le remains unknown.

Officials said at a Saturday afternoon news conference that evidence in connection to the case had been seized, and that the items were being examined to determine whether there was any connection to Le.

Members of Yale University police, the FBI and state and New Haven police spoke at Saturday's news conference.

Officials said numerous interviews had been conducted in the case, but that no one had been identified as a person of interest.

Le disappeared Tuesday. Police said they believe Le left the Sterling Hall of Medicine where she had an office before 10 a.m. They said there are records of her swiping her card to get into a lab on Amistad Street, where she was captured by the building's surveillance cameras. They said she hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Police said she was caught on surveillance video entering the Amistad building, but that police have not determined whether she exited the building.

University police said Le's purse, containing her cell phone, credit cards and money, was left in her office.

She was scheduled to be married on Sunday.

Le's fiancé, family, friends, professors and colleagues were all assisting in the investigation.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »

Bloody clothes found in Yale lab where Annie Le last seen; Officials deny reports of body found
BY Matthew Lysiak In New Haven and Samuel Goldsmith
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Updated Saturday, September 12th 2009, 6:14 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/12/2009-09-12_cops_seeking_clues_in_missing_yale_student_annie_les_disappearance_say_case_wide.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
carolb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2009, 08:09:18 PM »

I wasn't impressed by the woman that represented Yale in the news conference. Why was she smiling so much.  She acted like it was an award ceremony instead of a missing person investigation.

Also, I can't believe they originally thought that there was no crime and that she was a runaway bride.  Annie Le has spent many years earning her degree and making progress on her research. I don't think anyone would walk away at that point in their career simply because they wanted to back out of a wedding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.