May 22, 2024, 12:23:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JAMES EDWARD HOGAN~AMERICAN EMBASSY VICE-CONSUL IN CURACAO 9/24/09  (Read 223873 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »

Oct. 5

QUESTION: Do you have any update on your search for your missing vice consul in Curacao?

MR. KELLY: No, I regret to say we don’t. And I’d like to be able to tell you that we have some good news, but I don’t. I think the only update I have for you is that the local authorities set up an anonymous tip line, as you may have seen, and that has produced, I think, several eyewitnesses who saw him that night, and the local police are following up on those leads. But unfortunately, I don’t have any other news besides that.

QUESTION: And you believe that his disappearance is related to criminal elements?

MR. KELLY: Well, I don’t know. I mean, obviously, finding his blood on clothes is not an encouraging development.

QUESTION: Thank you.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2009/oct/130291.htm

I hope the "eye witnesses" aren't there to bad mouth him...or have the same last name as the perp.   

Buckeye - I almost hate to say it but....................what do you want to bet there are local "eye witnesses" that have started spouting the following stories:

He's a run away
He was having an affair
He was molesting his daughter
He's involved in the drug world
He's involved in organized crime

And of course, my all time favorite - It's just an insurance scam!

**Apologies for any offense this post caused, this is a short list of what we all heard from the Aruban locals about Natalee.

I know.  I'm concerned.  And, they've probably scared the family into not speaking up.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2009, 05:03:15 PM »

Oct 6

Nothing today from the State Department. Only a six minute meeting.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »

Oct. 5

QUESTION: Do you have any update on your search for your missing vice consul in Curacao?

MR. KELLY: No, I regret to say we don’t. And I’d like to be able to tell you that we have some good news, but I don’t. I think the only update I have for you is that the local authorities set up an anonymous tip line, as you may have seen, and that has produced, I think, several eyewitnesses who saw him that night, and the local police are following up on those leads. But unfortunately, I don’t have any other news besides that.

QUESTION: And you believe that his disappearance is related to criminal elements?

MR. KELLY: Well, I don’t know. I mean, obviously, finding his blood on clothes is not an encouraging development.

QUESTION: Thank you.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2009/oct/130291.htm

I hope the "eye witnesses" aren't there to bad mouth him...or have the same last name as the perp.   

Buckeye - I almost hate to say it but....................what do you want to bet there are local "eye witnesses" that have started spouting the following stories:

He's a run away
He was having an affair
He was molesting his daughter
He's involved in the drug world
He's involved in organized crime

And of course, my all time favorite - It's just an insurance scam!

**Apologies for any offense this post caused, this is a short list of what we all heard from the Aruban locals about Natalee.

I know.  I'm concerned.  And, they've probably scared the family into not speaking up.

I agree, it started with the first reports.  Possible implication of the wife because of an argument.  That seed has been planted, and when they don't solve it; that doubt will always linger and they will feed it!  JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2009, 06:04:01 PM »

Interesting....not saying it has anything to do with this case...but interesting.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63424.php

Google translation:

CURAÇAO

Three skeletons found

October 6, 2009, 14:28 (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG - In two days time there are fewer than three skeletons found on the island. Yesterday afternoon at Bándabou were on the plain of San Pedro side found two skeletons. And this morning was at Rancho, Sun Valley, also found a skeleton. The police spokesman could not report much more than it does to old skeletons. The bones were seized by experts for examination.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2009, 06:07:17 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63431.php

Google translation:

CURAÇAO

Bijleveld deplores slow progress improvement process police

October 6, 2009, 14:35 (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG - State Secretary Ank Bijleveld-Schouten (Kingdom Relations, CDA) was expected to soon start the improvement process could be continued with police when, in June signed a cooperation agreement. "That it has lasted a little longer than expected, I regret," Bijleveld said yesterday in a letter to the House on her recent visit.

It indicates however that "the importance of a broad plan of action is paramount. "Only with a broad base are necessary to achieve fundamental improvements." In December, the House Bijleveld elaborate on progress of the improvement process.

Bijleveld was from September 28 to October 2 in Curacao and Bonaire. She also had an introductory meeting with the new Minister of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles, Magali Jacoba. "Nice and constructive", that is experienced by Bijleveld. Jacoba mainly indicated which she accents the performance of its portfolio will make.

Jobs
"We also have good agreements about the mutual commitment of the Netherlands and the country when it comes to filling vacancies that occur on the islands soon part of the Netherlands will be entering."

The women rule also looks back at the meeting of the Police Presidium of the improvement process days before, and spoke in particular about the use plans for the Joint Provisional Police and the sub-group teaching. "I've expressed my concerns here about the progress on these issues, in particular because the guarantee of an adequate control of transnational organized crime and after the transition," said Bijleveld.

"Regarding the developments in the Bon Futuro Prison, the Minister the previous evening that she shared the integrated plan, that following the signing of the Cooperation Bon Futuro improvement process is established, has receipted. This plan is the director of the Bon Futuro and three managers of Department of Correctional Institutions (DJI) in consultation with the unions and is also drawn broad support. "

"During our discussions the minister announced that it was still negotiating with the unions on the deployment of Dutch DJI, and in particular the deployment of the DJI-middle managers. She said the expectation out there this week with the unions to reach agreement on. Meanwhile I can report today that the Netherlands made available DJI middle managers and executives to work the prison. They will, together with their Antillean counterparts, implementing to give the joint, integrated plan of action and if the desired improvements in the Bon Futuro prison reality ", said State Secretary Bijleveld.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2009, 06:18:20 PM »

Maybe before all of this?   

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63422.php

Google translation:

CURAÇAO

Journalists at Sta. Barbara

October 6, 2009, 14:23 (GMT -04:00)

Journalists are explanations of Jim Bollinger, who oversees the construction of the golf course, and sales manager Jan-Peter Klijn.

PHILIPSBURG - Santa Barbara Plantation acted in recent days to host a group of eight American journalists - both English-and Spanish-speaking, from the region's Florida and New York - that knowledge came with Curaçao and the hotel and luxury housing project behind Barbara Beach .

The journalists spent four days on the island. They examined include the Santa Barbara project in development, namely the golf course under construction, the housing (Seru Boca Estate, Fairway Estate, Newport Estate, Marina Village, Terrace Homes), the beach and the Hyatt hotel under construction.

Beginning in 2010, the Hyatt hotel operational.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2009, 10:35:43 PM »

http://web.archive.org/web/20080420021134/http://www.dmni.com/southern_africa_trade_mission_pretrip.html

10/20/2006

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2009, 10:43:50 PM »

I'm wondering what Mr. Hogan did before this:

Hogan completed junior foreign service officer training in 2005 and spent two years as a consular officer in Gaborone, Botswana.

Something I read I don't remember where now, implied that he may have been a DEA agent.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2009, 11:24:32 PM »

Interesting....not saying it has anything to do with this case...but interesting.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63424.php

Google translation:

CURAÇAO

Three skeletons found

October 6, 2009, 14:28 (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG - In two days time there are fewer than three skeletons found on the island. Yesterday afternoon at Bándabou were on the plain of San Pedro side found two skeletons. And this morning was at Rancho, Sun Valley, also found a skeleton. The police spokesman could not report much more than it does to old skeletons. The bones were seized by experts for examination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4f78knmBAQ&feature=channel

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4f78knmBAQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/r4f78knmBAQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

telecuracao

october 06, 2009

police owing to find 3 skelèt human, two owing to stay dekubrí at near under day 5oct 2009 and 6oct 2009 owing to go back enter one melding with owing to find one skelèt in mondinan at rancho. with another word, three skelèt human in less with 24 hour

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2009, 08:03:07 AM »

This case reminds me of echoes from the past. 

Does anyone know if Greta has covered this?  If not, why not?!

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2009, 10:53:59 AM »

1. Bones are found on land NOT in water. It is the same with 99 percent of all the death cases we have logged over the years.

2. Skeletal... It is obvious by the video that these are bleached white bones. These bodies have been laying there for a very long time unnoticed.

For such small islands it appears very easy to dispose of bodies on land without much concern. I did notice a jaw bone in the bag with teeth connected so possible they will find out who it is. 

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »

Cheese and Rice!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you Edward, for such a small land mass to have no less than THREE skeletonized remains (so far) just lying around to be found - makes one wonder just where law enforcement has been all this time?

It's simply surreal that there could be dead bodies laying around that no one pays any mind to on that island.

What in the hell is going on in those ABC islands????
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »

Can, I haven't seen anything on any US media stations about this.  But I've missed a few days of news watching the past week or so.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »

Can, I haven't seen anything on any US media stations about this.  But I've missed a few days of news watching the past week or so.

Thanks Jen.  Strange there is so little in the media. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2009, 06:23:39 PM »

http://www.state.gov/video/?videoid=43984855001

DAILY PRESS BRIEFING
Oct. 7, 2009
Daily Press Briefing by Department Spokesman Ian Kelly.

No mention of Mr. Hogan's disappearance or the status of the investigation in today's State Department Press Briefing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2009, 10:31:18 PM »

10/7/2009 Bondia Page 20

http://www.bondia.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=2

Papiamentu translation:

oranjestad – vocero of police interino, sr. john larmonie is informa cu cuerpo policial aruba because; coperacion cu corp. politie curacao owing to cuminsa distribui flyernan cu informacion general relaciona cu the desaparicion of the vice consul mericano, james hogan. for of day 24 of september ultimo the agent diplomatico here owing to desaparece at corsow y still autoridad competente not have informacion on his paradero. for aclaria the enigma of the desaparicion here, is being solicita comunidad provided that general of aruba y antilles for suministra cualkier informacion cu will can help for busca one solucion at the caso here.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2009, 03:19:41 PM »

http://www.diario.aw/2009/10/buskeda-di-james-hogan-ta-sigui-non-stop/

10/8/2009 Diario

Papiamentu translation:

buskeda of james hogan is follow non-stop

publication: diahuebs, 8 october 2009. categoria: general

oranjestad (aan): keto bay the vice-consul of merca staciona at curacao, esta james hogan is desapareci. his desaparicion owing to achieve atencion of prensa mericano, because; also of prensa dutch. in end of week, prensa at the netherlands owing to even apunta finger on one supuesto caso of corupcion, y cu this will can have algo of haber cu the dead of the funcionario oficial here. autoridad at curacao is haciendo one buskeda intensivo of james hogan, y the asunto owing to become more misterioso hour cu owing to stay confirma cu blood cu owing to worde achieve throw abao on cloths at caracasbaai, is pertence at dje. prensa dutch is indica, cu have much speculacion cu the desaparicion of james, have algo of haber cu the organizacion criminal cu owing to descubri, for cual owing to as razzia pisa at tanto aruba, bonaire, curacao, y the netherlands month happen.

the caso ey have of haber cu labamento miyonario of dollar, y the.o. traficacion of gold, cu the.o. was happen via of merca.

can corda cu at aruba owing to as razzia also at some cas, owing to confisca several car y material of proof. at bonaire owing to listra cas of the.o. ramonsito booi y ex- diputado burney elhage.

the investigacion did take one direction, where autoridad apparently is convenci cu james owing to worde asesina. his celular owing to worde achieve in sea. they're usando much person for busca all caminda, y is even haciendo usage of sonar.

merca owing to send equipo specializa in search, y this will worde using in sea. police of curacao all the time owing to send the poster here for her islands neighbour also, esta aruba, where is solicita informacion of cualkier person cu can know algo of james.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2009, 07:13:11 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63565.php

Also search by Hogan

October 8, 2009, 14:32 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

PHILIPSBURG - In the house of the missing American vice consul James Hogan is now to show a search conducted. Hogan was two weeks ago when he was last seen at his house Toni Kunchi evening around ten feet to left. The search stopped at sea Tuesday afternoon.

As vice consul was being UN Vienna Convention on consular relations Hogan apply. But he is not inviolable. For the search of his home was to require approval must be given to the court. On the other hand, applies to diplomats known as Hogan or diplomatic courtesy.

Representatives of the Antillean government, including Foreign Relations Department, will the U.S. State Department and consulate in the U.S. to keep abreast of all developments. It is done more than what the country is obliged. Conversely, it also happens that information to U.S. authorities DBB is passed back to the Antilles. DBB essentially acts as a middleman. These are the existing treaties properly monitored. From the U.S. Embassy in Caracas is a legal assistant who had come to Curacao this deal.

Abroad should at least be made clear that local authorities do everything possible to investigate the missing Hogan. His house is no longer monitored by the government. This is now in the hands of the U.S. consulate.

The authorities have until now been very reluctant to provide information. There is no evidence that seem to point towards a solution of the delay.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2009, 02:23:36 PM »

I'm bringing this over here, since this investigation has been mentioned as possibly being related to Mr. Hogan's disappearance.

http://www.sxmislandtime.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8035:international-money-investigation-in-curacao-bonaire-aruba-and-europe-&catid=31:general&Itemid=76

International money investigation in Curaçao, Bonaire, Aruba and Europe      

Written by Ludmila M. Vicento      

Friday, 18 September 2009 13:38

www.sxmislandtime.com

WILLEMSTAD - last week searches took place on Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and in some European countries.

This was done as part of a large and complex research focused on money laundering that was started in 2008 by the Criminal Investigation Team Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles and Aruba (RST) on Curaçao commissioned and led by the Public Prosecutor (OM) of the Netherlands Antilles.

Money Laundering Investigation
Soon after the start has thrown money laundering are in relation to years of organized international drug trafficking. It was tons of drugs transported from Latin America to Europe destination. Given the nature and extent of these drugs, which was directly related to living in the Netherlands suspected APL, the prosecution asked the Netherlands Antilles Dutch authorities to a further inquiry into trafficking in drugs.

It was suspected that this trade several million profitable for the accused APM, through complex and sophisticated money was invested in construction projects including property including Bonaire.

This research was vigorously taken up by the National Wood Flooring Rotterdam and performed by the National Investigation Service in Rotterdam, while at the request of the prosecution Netherlands Antilles were used the expertise of a financial-economic team of the National Research and expertise deprived of the Legislative Office Public Prosecution (BOOM).

Bonaire
The money carried by the RST Curacao research focuses primarily on investments with money derived from crime in real estate on Bonaire. The suspects probably saw the opportunity to profit from drug trafficking laundering million projects on Bonaire were planned. The investigation into the circumstances of these investments also led to the suspicion to some people on the island of Bonaire.

Actions
Given the magnitude of the offenses and the international character, on September 8, 2009 on a large scale simultaneous action organized in five countries simultaneously with the arrest and search went on.

On September 8, 2009, a total of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao four (4) suspects arrested. Vehicles, vessels, aircraft, tens of kilograms of gold, property and money amounts seized. The total value of this runs into tens of millions of dollars.

Research Progress
On Wednesday, September 9, 2009, four searches conducted by authorities on Bonaire. Furthermore, on September 14, 2009 in the Kaya yerba di hole on Curacao a boat was seized. On September 17, 2009 on Bonaire a Harley Davidson was seized.

On September 16 two arrests were made on Bonaire. The initials of the suspects arrested are the following: Y. V. and H.J.

The Public Ministry has submitted a claim to the custody judge for the defendant AW the G. The judge has the claim on September 17, 2009 granted custody.

For the accused W.B. of W, the Public Ministry filed a custody action. Today the judge granted the custody claim.

The ongoing investigation is still in progress and will not be limited to the Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and Europe. More arrests and searches are not excluded.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2009, 02:32:56 PM »

http://www.sxmislandtime.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7866:home-of-ramacito-booi-on-bonaire-searched-by-police&catid=31:general&Itemid=76

Home of Ramacito Booi on Bonaire searched by police      

Written by Frans Heiligers      

Tuesday, 08 September 2009 21:32

www.sxmislandtime.com

PHILIPSBURG/Willemstad - By order of and guided by the Public Attorney’s Office in the Netherlands Antilles in 2008, a large scale and complicated investigation was started into practices of money-laundering in relation to organized international drug trafficking.

House searches in Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao and Europe
Within the scope of this international criminal investigation,Tuesday confiscations took place on a large number of locations in the Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and in a number of European countries, among which The Netherlands, Belgium and Austria.

In this same context, Tuesday in the morning and the early afternoon in Bonaire, eighteen searches were conducted: at eight homes, four government agencies and six company premises. In total two arrests took place: A.W. de G. and A.P.M.

In Curaçao a search took place in two houses and on one commercial property. In doing so, one person was arrested: W.B.v.W. In Aruba searches also took place at four homes. There one arrest took place: C.M.

In total, on the ABC islands 25 houses and commercial dwellings were searched. Finally, searches were held at fourteen houses in European countries, whereby two persons were arrested.

In addition to the arrests, several fire arms, vehicles, a vessel, an airplane, valuable goods, a large amount of money and a quantity of gold have been confiscated.

Smuggling of gold
While investigating the money-laundering practices, a large scale smuggling of gold via Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles came to the open.

This smuggling of gold is related to an arrest on March 27 this year in the USA. The concerned detained person is suspected among others of large scale drug trafficking (cocaine out of Colombia). More than 8 billion dollars went through the accounts in the US which this person was managing.

Searches in Bonaire
During the investigation in the Netherlands Antilles the suspicion rose that a couple of persons in Bonaire committed fraud-related punishable acts in the public administration.

In the well-known ‘Black book Bonaire’, written by Fundashon Bon Gobernashon Boneiru, the alleged procedures of some of these persons have been described earlier.

Within the scope of this suspicion, early on Tuesday morning, searches were conducted at the homes of among others two of these persons in Bonaire. The residents have not been arrested. Furthermore a number of government agencies in Bonaire were searched.

Partners of cooperation
The criminal investigation by order of and led by the Public Attorney’s Office of the Netherlands Antilles is conducted by the team of cooperating detectives of the Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba (Recherche Samenwerkingsteam, RST) in cooperation with the police corps of Curaçao (KPC), the police corps of Bonaire (KPB), the police corps of Aruba (KPA), the customs service of the Netherlands Antilles, the customs service of Aruba, the Coast Guard of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, and a number of foreign investigation services.

The Dutch cooperation partners are: the National Detective Service of the National Corps of police services, the federal detectives, the Bureau Dispossession Laws of the Public Prosecutor’s Office (BOOM), the Functional Office in The Hague, the National Office in Rotterdam and FIOD-ECD.

Finally, the international coalition parties in this investigation are: the American Drugs Enforcement Administration (DEA), the federal judicial police of Belgium, the German Bundes Kriminal Ambt and the Austrian Bundes Kriminal Polizei.

In this investigation the Public Attorney’s Offices of the Netherlands Antilles, Aruba, The Netherlands, Belgium, Austria and Germany worked together.

The arrests and searches in Curaçao, Bonaire and Aruba required the involvement of: four examining magistrates, four public prosecutors and more than one hundred members of the police.

The investigation is still in full swing and will not be limited only to the Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and Europe. More arrests and searches cannot be excluded.

PHOTO by Francis Cecilia of Radio BonFM Bonaire for SIT.

(I'll add the pics from the article later)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.