May 14, 2024, 08:59:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bud and June Runion - South Georgia - January 23, 2015/ Deceased  (Read 15608 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 24, 2015, 08:29:36 PM »

South Georgia police search for missing couple who went to buy car
Published January 24, 2015

State and local police in south Georgia are involved in a frantic search for a Marietta couple who disappeared after going to purchase a car from a seller they contacted online.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/24/south-georgia-police-search-for-missing-couple-who-went-to-buy-car/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »

South Georgia police search for missing Cobb couple
Saturday, Jan. 24, 2015

<snipped>

Steverson said the Georgia State Patrol’s aviation unit has joined local first responders from Telfair and neighboring Wheeler county in the search for Bud and June Runion, both in their late 60s.

The couple apparently drove to McRae to meet with someone who responded to an ad Bud Runion placed seeking a 1966 Mustang, the sheriff said. Family members became concerned when the two did not return for a family function and would not answer their cell phone.

<snipped>

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/south-georgia-police-search-for-missing-cobb-coupl/njwTn/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 08:44:15 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 08:54:51 AM »

Bud and June Runion from Marietta, Georgia Missing Since 1/22/15 When They Traveled to Telfair County to Purchase a Car From Craigslist

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/01/25/bud-and-june-runion-missing-since-12215-when-they-traveled-to-telfair-county-to-purchase-a-car-from-craigslist/

Cobb County Couple Missing …

Bud and June Runion, a Marietta, Georgia couple in their 60′s, have been missing since Thursday, January 22, 2015.  The Cobb County couple have been missing since they went to Telfair County Thursday to purchase a car from someone they met through Craigslist. According to the police, the couple drove to McRae to meet with someone who responded to an ad Bud Runion placed seeking a 1966 Mustang. Cobb County detectives believe the couple was riding in a pewter- or champagne colored 2003 GMC Envoy with Georgia tag BWU 7349. Authorities say that the phone number that the couple called, traced back to a disposable cell phone. No one has heard from them since Friday and it appears that the Runions’ cell phones are off.

You have to be so careful when buying things off of CraigsList, not only what is the condition of the product, but the individual you are dealing with.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:42:26 AM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:56:07 AM »

Facebook: Find Bud & June Runion.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Bud-June-Runion/842141039158408
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 02:32:45 PM »

Police: Missing Cobb County couple could be in danger
Sunday, Jan. 25, 2015

… The couple’s daughters held back tears Saturday as they talked about their last conversation with their parents.

“He was excited about the car. He had one when he got back from Vietnam,” daughter Stephanie Bishop said.

She said her father had posted an advertisement on Craigslist. He wanted to buy a 1966 Ford Mustang. Someone responded, she said, and even sent a picture. Bishop said her parents agreed to meet in Telfair County.

The couple left their Marietta home Thursday at about 2 p.m. They were last seen driving a 2003 champagne-colored GMC Envoy.

“We are worried that someone might have done something bad and taken advantage of them,” daughter Brittany Patterson said.

Runion was a Vietnam War veteran, his daughters told Artz.

They say the couple left with their cell phones and chargers, but that no one has heard from them since 3:30 p.m. Thursday.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/missing-marietta-couple-left-buy-car-posted-craigs/njwSX/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 02:36:55 PM »

UPDATE: Telfair police identify suspect in Bud and June Runion case
January 25, 2015

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson says they have identified a suspect in the investigation of June and Bud Runion.

Steverson says there are two active warrants out for Ronnie "Jay" Adrian Towns: one for making false statements to investigators and the other for criminal attempt to commit theft by deception.

Sheriff Steverson says Ronnie Towns is 28 and around 6 feet tall.

"We were interested in who last had phone contact with the Runions, and this individual did," says Steverson. "We interviewed Mr. Towns early on in the investigation and the info he provided did not corroborate with our investigation."

<snipped>

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2015/01/24/telfair-police-search-for-missing-cobb-county-couple/22276947/

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 06:30:32 PM »

http://www.cbs46.com/story/27935580/warrants-issued-in-connection-to-disappearance-of-marietta-couple

BREAKING
Warrants issued in connection to disappearance of Marietta couple
Posted: Jan 25, 2015 1:21 PM PST Updated: Jan 25, 2015 1:41 PM PST
By Vanzetta Evans

There are new developments in the case of a missing Marietta couple.

The Telfair County Sheriff's office issued warrants for the arrest of Ronnie Adrian Towns on Sunday afternoon.

One warrant is for making false statements to investigators and the other is for criminal attempt to commit theft by deception.

Investigators believe Towns was the last person to communicate with Bud and June Runion.

The Runions were reportedly headed to McRae in Telfair County to check out a classic car they found on Craigslist. It was supposed to be a day trip, but their children said they had not heard from their parents since Friday. They were last seen driving a champagne colored 2003 GMC Envoy with Georgia tag BWU7349.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 08:51:32 PM »

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/27930526/police-search-for-missing-elderly-couple

Suspect identified in the disappearance of Cobb County couple
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 09:05:35 PM »

"As we continue our efforts, we wanted you to know that we will appear on Good Morning America and Inside Edition tomorrow and Fox and Friends Tuesday. Keep praying- 'the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective' (James 5:16)"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Bud-June-Runion/842141039158408?sk=timeline

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 11:32:17 AM »

UPDATE: Suspect in custody in missing couple case
11:17 a.m. EST January 26, 2015

The Telfair County Sheriff told 13WMAZ's Elise Brown that they have Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns in custody.

He turned himself in, according to Sheriff Chris Steverson.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2015/01/24/telfair-police-search-for-missing-cobb-county-couple/22276947/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 11:38:07 AM »

"As we continue our efforts, we wanted you to know that we will appear on Good Morning America and Inside Edition tomorrow and Fox and Friends Tuesday. Keep praying- 'the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective' (James 5:16)"

Update: Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns in custody. Continue praying that he releases all information and for the safety and return of Bud and June.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 12:04:49 PM »

Suspect Surrenders in Case of Missing Craigslist Car Couple in Georgia
Jan 26, 2015, 11:43 AM ET
By MARA SCHIAVOCAMPO via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

A suspect has turned himself in to authorities investigating the disappearance of a Georgia couple who vanished last week while going to meet someone to buy a vintage car they found on Craigslist.

Bud Runion, 69, and his wife, June, 66, disappeared Thursday, authorities said. The pair had posted an ad seeking to buy a vintage 1966 Ford Mustang convertible. Relatives said the Mustang was the couple’s dream car, one they’d wanted to buy since they were married decades ago.

Ronnie “Jay” Towns, 28, a suspect in the couple’s disappearance, has surrendered to authorities, according to the Telfair County Sheriff's Office.

The couple’s last call was to Towns, police have said.

Investigators had obtained warrants against Towns on charges of giving false statements and criminal attempt to commit theft by deception, The Associated Press reported. He had not been accused to harming the Runions.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/georgia-couple-vanished-checking-dream-car-listed-craigslist/story?id=28484457

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »

UPDATE: Suspect in custody in missing couple case
1:39 p.m. EST January 26, 2015

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson says suspect Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns has no criminal record and comes from a "good family."

Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns, 28, of McRae turned himself in to authorities Monday morning. He was wanted in connection with the disappearance of a Marietta couple.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 01:56:19 PM »

Could the suspect be talking?

Suspect in custody in Craigslist case of missing elderly Georgia couple
Published January 26, 2015

<snipped>

Authorities said Monday the couple's car was found in a shallow pond in Telfair County in Southeast Georgia.

"We investigated the last communications that the Runions had," said Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson. "We traced that to a cell phone in Telfair County. And we’ve traced that cell phone to the purchaser of it, which was Mr. Towns."

Towns faces charges of giving false statements to investigators and criminal attempt to commit theft by deception.

Telfair County authorities said they had worked with the suspect’s family to help arrange his surrender. They are currently questioning Towns and pursuing other leads in hopes of determining the whereabouts of the couple.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/26/warrant-issued-for-suspect-in-case-missing-elderly-georgia-couple/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »

BREAKING: Bodies found during search for missing couple
4:13 p.m. EST January 26, 2015

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said two bodies have been found in their search for a missing Atlanta area couple.

Investigators also found the couple's car submerged in a shallow body of water, Steverson said.

The couple, Bud and June Runion, were headed to McRae last Thursday to buy a vintage car from someone they contacted on Craigslist.

That was the last time they were seen alive.

Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns, 28, of McRae turned himself in to authorities Monday morning. He was wanted in connection with the disappearance of the Marietta couple.

Steverson said autopsies are being conducted on the couple.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 04:12:07 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 04:19:30 PM »

Bodies, Vehicle Found in Georgia Case of Missing Craigslist Car Couple
Jan 26, 2015, 4:21 PM ET
By MARA SCHIAVOCAMPO and MICHAEL S. JAMES via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Investigators have found the unidentified bodies of a male and a female, as well as an SUV owned by a Georgia couple who vanished last week while going to meet someone to buy a vintage car they found on Craigslist.

“It’s not the outcome we had hoped for, but obviously it’s one we have to deal with,” Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson told reporters, while adding that the bodies still had not been positively identified as the couple.

Bud Runion, 69, and his wife, June, 66, disappeared Thursday, authorities said. The pair had posted an ad seeking to buy a vintage 1966 Ford Mustang convertible. Relatives said the Mustang was the couple’s dream car, one they’d wanted to buy since they were married decades ago.

The couple's 2003 GMC Envoy was found submerged in a lake, the Telfair County Sheriff's Office said on its Facebook page. The unidentified bodies were found at another location, near property affiliated with the family of a suspect in the case who turned himself in to law enforcement earlier today, officials said.

That suspect, Ronnie “Jay” Towns, 28, was the alleged owner of the phone that last communicated with the Runions' phone, according to the sheriff's office. He turned himself in to face charges of giving false statements and criminal attempt to commit theft by deception.

Steverson said Towns had no criminal history.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-surrenders-case-missing-craigslist-car-couple-georgia/story?id=28484457

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 04:34:52 PM »

"Update: Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns in custody. Continue praying that he releases all information and for the safety and return of Bud and June."

"UPDATE: As several of you are aware, the Telfair County Sheriff's Office just held a press conference. They positively located the Runion's vehicle this morning submerged in a body of water. Nearby they also located two bodies. The investigation is still on going and the family and I will updated you all as soon as more information is released. During this heartbreaking time I ask that you keep the family and friends in your thoughts and prayers."

_____

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.