May 13, 2024, 01:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 275162 times)
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 11:58:12 PM »

KLAAS:
Is your Granddaughter a great distance from u ?
Nice to keep in touch like u do with her, but
it is hard. 2 of my Grandchildren r aout 3 hours away &
that is tough at times to see them  often.

I have a 13.5 yr. old Granddaughter 2 mi. from me, and
that is heaven.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2011, 01:09:29 AM »

KLAAS:
Is your Granddaughter a great distance from u ?
Nice to keep in touch like u do with her, but
it is hard. 2 of my Grandchildren r aout 3 hours away &
that is tough at times to see them  often.

I have a 13.5 yr. old Granddaughter 2 mi. from me, and
that is heaven.

Not close enough and we haven't seen her in person since Christmas.  It sucks.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »

I am told she loved everything!   an angelic monkey

I just love her!  I want one so bad!

Happy Easter!

albino albino albino albino albino

Everything is all brand new in the spring, new life, new growth, and babies!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »

I loved the little penguin one too, San.   

Every day I browse around and sometimes the Huffington Post has a funny video of the day and I post it here.  It's nice to have a good laugh.

You got that right!

I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »

Hello Monkey's,

Just got this info and thought I’d pass it on.  I called and it was very easy to register – keeps telemarketers from calling the cell.  

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.REMINDER.....  all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. THIS IS NOT TRUE.  CELL NUMBERS ARE NOT GOING PUBLIC THIS MONTH. 

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:                

888-382-1222
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds.  

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:36:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »

Hello Monkey's,

Just got this info and thought I’d pass it on.  I called and it was very easy to register – keeps telemarketers from calling the cell. 

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.REMINDER.....  all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:               

888-382-1222
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds.   

seahorse -  this has been published a number of times in the past and it's not true.
 http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »

Thank-you.  I feel like an Idjet.  I recieved that from a credible person who recieved that from another credible person.
I will check out snoops, next time. Sorry, grrrr..

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 07:40:08 PM »

Thank-you.  I feel like an Idjet.  I recieved that from a credible person who recieved that from another credible person.

No reason to feel like an Idjet, seahorsey.  Believe it or not, there was a local newspaper in my area that printed something similar on the front page.  When I called to let them know it wasn't true, they asked me how I knew that  (my source) .  I told them I checked on the web.  (It was the FCC.gov website, btw)  Their reply?  I shouldn't trust what I read on the internet.     I asked them where they got the information and they said a "reliable source" sent it to them (are you ready?) in an email.  Now, that's the same thing as the internet.  LOL  I told them they should verify things to see if they are true before printing them as fact on the front page.  The editor got pizzy with me,  swearing by their reliable source, who couldn't be wrong and I threatened to cancel my subscription.  It turns out the editor did end up printing a retraction, but not on the front page.  But at least she retracted it.  So, don't worry seahorse.  I know you were trying to help.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »

Don't feel bad seahorse. The first time I got it I fail for it to. There have been a couple things I have gotten I sent out. To learn that they weren't true. I try now to check it out with snopes before I send anything out.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »

Don't feel bad seahorse. The first time I got it I fail for it to. There have been a couple things I have gotten I sent out. To learn that they weren't true. I try now to check it out with snopes before I send anything out.

I didn't fall for this one, because one of my sons had alerted me to it.  But I admit there may have been some other things...    and I too have learned to check it out with snopes.  Live and learn... 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011, 08:04:03 PM »

No reason to feel like an Idjet, seahorsey.  Believe it or not, there was a local newspaper in my area that printed something similar on the front page.  When I called to let them know it wasn't true, they asked me how I knew that  (my source) .  I told them I checked on the web.  (It was the FCC.gov website, btw)  Their reply?  I shouldn't trust what I read on the internet.     I asked them where they got the information and they said a "reliable source" sent it to them (are you ready?) in an email.  Now, that's the same thing as the internet.  LOL  I told them they should verify things to see if they are true before printing them as fact on the front page.  The editor got pizzy with me,  swearing by their reliable source, who couldn't be wrong and I threatened to cancel my subscription.  It turns out the editor did end up printing a retraction, but not on the front page.  But at least she retracted it.  So, don't worry seahorse.  I know you were trying to help.    

I am sorry Muffy I shouldn't laugh but that is funny.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »

I didn't fall for this one, because one of my sons had alerted me to it.  But I admit there may have been some other things...    and I too have learned to check it out with snopes.  Live and learn... 

Isn't that the truth. I am sure we all have done it a time or two. But like you said Muffy we have learned bye out errors. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »

I am sorry Muffy I shouldn't laugh but that is funny.

Yep, I thought the deal with the newspaper editor was funny.  She was telling me not trust what I read on the internet, yet she got something off an email no less.  And even worse, she printed it on the front page of a newspaper.  So, does that mean I'm supposed to trust a newspaper then?  One that takes things out of an email and doesn't check it for facts?    No matter whether it's on paper or on a computer screen, I guess we have to try to figure out what's what.    What was funny was how adamnent she was about her "reliable source".  Wonder if it was the mayor?     Gotta love small towns. 

Brachiate
Scared Monkey

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 01:58:25 AM »

With the Anthony trial set to begin in a few weeks I have been considering upgrading my cable TV package to include the TRU channel. But I've read some complaints that TRU trial coverage is typically more about the talking-heads and less about showing the courtroom proceedings. I want to watch the trial, not listen to color-commentary.

What do you think? Does TRU do a good job? Are there other options? Help!

Brachiate

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »

With the Anthony trial set to begin in a few weeks I have been considering upgrading my cable TV package to include the TRU channel. But I've read some complaints that TRU trial coverage is typically more about the talking-heads and less about showing the courtroom proceedings. I want to watch the trial, not listen to color-commentary.

What do you think? Does TRU do a good job? Are there other options? Help!

Brachiate

That's all I can watch it on. And it isn't very good. You miss so much because of commercial breaks and their talking heads. You miss most of whats going on and so far when they have had the long hearings they have only covered half of them. I don't know if they will do that during the trial.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2011, 04:45:50 PM »

Check out the picture.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/04/senate-approved_birther_bill_c.php

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »

Betsy the abandoned monkey surviving against the odds
A British couple in Kenya are fighting to save an orphaned Angolan colobus monkey, writes Tim Jotischky in Diani.

2 adorable pix at link
23 Apr 2011
When Betsy, a two-week old Angolan colobus monkey, was found abandoned one Monday afternoon in January her chances of survival were slim.

And her British rescuer could hardly have imagined that she would not only become a surrogate mother to the orphaned infant, but also earn them both a place in the record books.

For, against all the odds, Andrea Donaldson, a 33-year-old conservationist from Mansfield, has kept Betsy alive, despite being away from the wild, for 81 days, a feat never before achieved with the Angolan colobus monkey - an endangered species in Kenya.

The secret of her success is ....................
snipped

For all the love and attention provided to Betsy, her surrogate mother knows that the best outcome for her would be if she can adapt to life in the forest with other colobus monkeys - much missed though she would be,

"We don't know what's going to happen, " said Miss Donaldson, "but we'd like to return her to the wild, it's the right place for her."

much more....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/kenya/8469528/Betsy-the-abandoned-monkey-surviving-against-the-odds.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »

WOW, this guy is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGXvHjTTrYE
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »

OMG Klaas That was not inspected at all.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »

OMG Klaas That was not inspected at all.

I know!  Very unique choice and exceptional voice!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.