May 22, 2024, 02:05:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 354992 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2009, 03:04:47 PM »

This is bull ... if the husband is innocent why not cooperate fully and eliminate himself as a suspect? What a POS.

It's called divorce, people. It's not pretty. But it's a hell of a lot prettier than murdering the mother of your children. Just sayin.

So very true!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2009, 03:26:04 PM »

When I considered the Sunday night timing and ... all the aspects of Josh's crazy explanation ... I was giving Josh the benefit of the doubt that whatever happened was not premeditated.  However ... when I read Susan's friends account of how she was so tired following dinner that she had to lie down ... I am not so sure.

Has anything been reported in regards to Monday daycare for the children?  Was there concern when the children were not dropped off?  What is the protocol?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2009, 03:36:12 PM »

When I considered the Sunday night timing and ... all the aspects of Josh's crazy explanation ... I was giving Josh the benefit of the doubt that whatever happened was not premeditated.  However ... when I read Susan's friends account of how she was so tired following dinner that she had to lie down ... I am not so sure.

Has anything been reported in regards to Monday daycare for the children?  Was there concern when the children were not dropped off?  What is the protocol?

Janet

There was concern about the kids not being dropped off at day care, I'm hoping someone has the article, I can't remember where I read it. There was also concern about the two adults not showing up at work also.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2009, 03:48:39 PM »

Janet

There was concern about the kids not being dropped off at day care, I'm hoping someone has the article, I can't remember where I read it. There was also concern about the two adults not showing up at work also.

Thanks no rose colored glasses.

I was aware that Susan and Josh had jobs they should have been at on Monday but ... I had not read anything regarding daycare for the children.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2009, 03:59:48 PM »

Janet - here is the article regarding the daycare....

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705351526/Missing-West-Valley-womans-husband-hires-attorney.html?linkTrack=rss-32

--snipped--

On Dec. 7, Josh Powell's mother went to her son's house after the couple's employers called asking why they had not shown up for work, and their day care called asking why their children were not dropped off. The doors were locked, and there were no signs of forced entry, said West Valley police Capt. Tom McLachlan.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »

Police: Missing Utah mom's husband hinders search
By BROCK VERGAKIS (AP) – 24 minutes ago

SALT LAKE CITY — The husband of a missing Utah woman is hindering the investigation because he failed to show up for an interview on the advice of his lawyer, police said Tuesday. Josh Powell is not a suspect in the disappearance of Susan Powell, but his decision not to meet with detectives on Monday prevents them from moving ahead with the search for his wife, said West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan.

Despite the first public suggestion Josh Powell wasn't cooperating, photos taken of the family two days before Susan Powell's disappearance show a happy family.

Susan Powell, 28, was reported missing Dec. 7 when she didn't show up to work and her children weren't dropped off at day care.

Josh Powell told police he took his two boys, ages 2 and 4, camping around 12:30 a.m. that day, in freezing conditions, and returned in the evening.

McLachlan said police initially interviewed Josh Powell when he returned home and then again the next day. Police have also interviewed the Powells' older son.

Investigators said they haven't been able to verify the camping trip because snow had covered the site — Simpson Springs on the historic Pony Express Trail in Utah's west desert.

The Powell home was locked when police arrived and they broke in, fearing the family had suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. They found no signs of forced entry.

Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, has said police found a wet spot in the house being dried by two fans when they entered.

McLachlan declined to comment on that but said Josh Powell's refusal to speak with police again is costing authorities valuable time in the effort to find his wife.

"We are very disappointed in that because he is not a suspect and this delays the investigation — it slows things down," McLachlan said. "His stated purpose is he wants to find Susan and that is also our stated purpose on this missing persons case, and this complicates the issue."

Josh Powell hired Scott Williams, a Salt Lake City defense attorney who often represents high-profile defendants in criminal cases. Williams did not immediately return a message left at his office Tuesday.

Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, said she has been in contact with Josh Powell on a daily basis but hasn't asked him specific questions about Susan in an effort not to interfere with the investigation or to lose his trust as a friend.

"He doesn't do a lot of talking. He mostly looks upset and confused and is crying most of the time," Hellewell said.

She said she sat next to Josh Powell at church on Sunday and that he cried through most of the service.

It was at that same church on Dec. 5 that the last known pictures of Susan Powell were taken. The couple and their children attended a Christmas breakfast, where one picture shows a smiling Josh Powell with a camera hanging around his neck, talking with his children while his wife stands a few feet away reaching for food.

"Susan and her family were very normal and seemed all happy to be there. We actually talked to them quite a bit. Josh seemed really happy to be there and he asked me to take a picture of he and the family, and yes he has the picture," Mindy Kay Perry Guzman, who took the picture, wrote in a message to The Associated Press.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705351526/Missing-West-Valley-womans-husband-hires-attorney.html?linkTrack=rss-32

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2009, 04:06:03 PM »

RECAP

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Susan Powell, 28, still missing - husband hires attorney
December 14, 1:49 PMSeattle Family ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder

It was initially thought the family - Joshua, Susan, and their two sons, ages 4 and 2 - were all missing. Police had received a call from a friend that Susan never dropped the children off at day care on Monday morning and that she didn't call work to let them know she wasn't coming in. Joshua didn't call in to his work Monday morning, either.

When police went to the house and no one answered the door, they broke in, fearing carbon monoxide poisoning. No one was home. There was no forced entry. Instead, they found two fans blowing on a wet spot in the house. They initially believed the family may have gone to the emergency room.

http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2009m12d14-BREAKING-NEWS-UPDATE-Susan-Powell-28-still-missing--husband-hires-attorney

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2009, 04:08:36 PM »

--snipped--

On Dec. 7, Josh Powell's mother went to her son's house after the couple's employers called asking why they had not shown up for work, and their day care called asking why their children were not dropped off. The doors were locked, and there were no signs of forced entry, said West Valley police Capt. Tom McLachlan.

Thanks Leroy.

I have been preoccupied and ... do not have a comprehension of all the details encompassing this case.

Merry Christmas

Janet

_____

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2009, 04:27:33 PM »

Janet - yes, it can be difficult keeping up with the details of these cases.  I've been following so many of these horrible stories lately that it is nearly impossible to remember all of them.

Merry Christmas to you & yours   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »

--snipped--

Thank-you Leroy
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »

It would be interesting to know what prescription drugs were in the home and if any were missing...or I hate to think antifreeze.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »

It would be interesting to know what prescription drugs were in the home and if any were missing...or I hate to think antifreeze.
Oh my, I didn't even think about antifreeze, certainly would not be the first time that was done. 
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2009, 08:26:19 PM »

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Police say Joshua Powell is hindering search for missing wife, Susan Powell
December 15, 3:51 PM

ABC NewsSusan Powell, 28, has been missing for over a week. It’s a well-known fact that the longer she’s gone, the less chance she’ll be found alive.

Today – according to the Deseret News – her husband, Joshua Powell, declined to show up for an interview with police, based on the advice from his attorney.  "We had him scheduled. Up until the night before, everything was good to go," said West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan. "We were a bit surprised he did not (show up). We're not very happy with it. It frustrates us. It slows down the investigation."

The police are still not calling Joshua a suspect. They wanted to interview him for a third time because they wanted clarification on some previous interviews.

There is no new information about his wife’s disappearance. Police say, "We have searched the house, the area around the house, the neighborhood. The fact is, we just don't have a specific area (to search). There are no new leads. She has not been sighted anywhere to mount a search in that area.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2009m12d15-BREAKING-NEWS-UPDATE-Police-say-Joshua-Powell-is-hindering-search-for-missing-wife-Susan-Powell

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:23:27 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2009, 10:03:46 PM »

thanks Klaas for that article, that about sums up that marriage pretty well 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2009, 10:57:17 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580337,00.html?test=latestnews

Attorney: Missing Utah Mom's Husband Cooperating With Authorities

Tuesday , December 15, 2009

AP
ADVERTISEMENT

SALT LAKE CITY  —
The husband of a missing Utah woman has been answering questions from police on a daily basis and is not hindering an investigation into her disappearance, as police have alleged, his attorney said Tuesday.

Scott Williams told The Associated Press that he and Josh Powell met with West Valley City police on Tuesday. He said Powell is answering police questions in an effort to help find his 28-year-old wife, Susan.

Susan Powell was reported missing Dec. 7 when she didn't show up to work and her children weren't dropped off at day care.

Josh Powell told police he took his two boys, ages 2 and 4, camping around 12:30 a.m. that day and returned in the evening.

Investigators said they haven't been able to verify the camping trip because snow had covered the site — Simpson Springs on the historic Pony Express Trail in Utah's west desert.

The Powell home was locked when police arrived and they broke in, fearing the family had suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. They found no signs of forced entry.

Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, has said police found a wet spot in the house being dried by two fans when they entered.

West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan declined to comment on that, but said earlier Tuesday that Josh Powell was costing the police valuable time because he failed to show up for an interview on Monday.

"We are very disappointed in that because he is not a suspect and this delays the investigation — it slows things down," McLachlan said early Tuesday. "His stated purpose is he wants to find Susan and that is also our stated purpose on this missing persons case, and this complicates the issue."

McLachlan said police initially interviewed Josh Powell when he returned home and then again the next day. Police have also interviewed the Powells' older son.

Williams said the Monday interview was canceled at his request.

"We have been in contact with West Valley City police multiple times daily," he said. "The Monday afternoon possible interview was canceled by me that morning because I was new and because I needed more information to provide effective consultation and advice."

Williams is a Salt Lake City defense attorney who often represents high-profile defendants in criminal cases. He declined to specify exactly when he was retained by Josh Powell.

McLachlan said late Tuesday that he wasn't aware if police had met with Josh Powell on Tuesday.

"I'm going to have to wait to the morning to get briefed until I can make any statement," he said.

Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, said she has been in contact with Josh Powell on a daily basis but hasn't asked him specific questions about Susan in an effort not to interfere with the investigation or to lose his trust as a friend.

"He doesn't do a lot of talking. He mostly looks upset and confused and is crying most of the time," Hellewell said.

She said she sat next to Josh Powell at church on Sunday and that he cried through most of the service.

It was at that same church on Dec. 5 that the last known pictures of Susan Powell were taken. The couple and their children attended a Christmas breakfast, where one picture shows a smiling Josh Powell with a camera hanging around his neck, talking with his children while his wife stands a few feet away reaching for food.

"Susan and her family were very normal and seemed all happy to be there. We actually talked to them quite a bit. Josh seemed really happy to be there and he asked me to take a picture of he and the family, and yes he has the picture," Mindy Kay Perry Guzman, who took the picture, wrote in a message to The Associated Press.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2009, 10:58:53 PM »

Yeah right, I'm going to believe the defense attorney over the investigators 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2009, 12:49:09 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:23:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Police-and-person-of-interest-staying-silent-in/xCQ--ck7KUKYW6cCgK8x5Q.cspx

Police and person of interest staying silent in case of Susan Powell
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2009, 08:18:08 AM »

Yeah right, I'm going to believe the defense attorney over the investigators 

My thoughts exactly Klaas!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.