May 21, 2024, 04:43:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #579 1/28 - 2/2/2007  (Read 113605 times)
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2007, 08:47:33 PM »

Quote from: "Florida"
Quote SLEUTH:
Every time I see this photo it always seems photoshopped to me. Not this one enlarged from Klaas, as I have taken the small version and enlarged and get something that looks much like this. It just looks like a large white photoshopped blob on our side of the lookout, and also lower down, just to the right of the tree.

Hi Sleuth...I don't know your posts well enough to know if you are just thinking aloud or actually implying that someone would take a pic of a house & photoshop a portion of it. For what reason?

This style house is popular in San Nicolas and Savaneta. It's not an 'original' design.

Florida - I'm just thinking aloud, not implying anything.  It is not the style of house (which I am familiar with in Aruba) but what looks like to be a billboard, etc. on the side - and also the wall we see by the tree just seems odd.  

I don't know of a reason why a picture would be photoshoped, but then again there are a lot of wierd things that have happened that I would not have guessed.  Like Joran paying to have the pic with Natalee photoshopped.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2007, 08:50:13 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
I glad you understand MeMere that the was the purpose of the post- the pics of the PVDs house, not a commentary of the site. Cool

I agree and I've actually had that site bookmarked for the last year even though I don't like the racial undertone.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2007, 09:12:19 PM »

Natalee Holloway's Mother Speaks at ASU

JANUARY 28, 2007 -- POSTED AT 7:30 P.M. CST

JONESBORO, AR -- The days continue to pass since the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, the teenage girl from Birmingham, Alabama who vanished on her senior trip to the Caribbean island of Aruba. Today, her mother is still searching and holding onto hope that she'll find answers and she's also spreading her message to others. She was in Jonesboro Sunday on the campus of ASU to tell her story and teach young adults about traveling internationally.

"I think what I bring to them is a compelling story and it shows the challenges that we faced in searching for a loved one and I think that they can all see themselves in Natalee's shoes or they could all see themselves as me being their parent," says Beth Holloway Twitty, Natalee's mother.

She is now the President and CEO of the International Safe Travels Foundation, an organization committed to teaching youth about traveling outside the U.S. borders. Her speech Sunday at ASU is just one of many she's given around the country, speaking to over 15,000 high school and college students about international travel.

"The more we can educate ourselves then the safer we can make international travel. What I'm trying to do is just pull something out of Natalee's tragedy and turn it into something positive and reach out to other people," says Twitty.

A big part of her presentation focuses on hope and her faith, what she calls her foundation.

"Still to this day, when I have people see me in an airport or maybe they see me at a venue where I speak, and they tell me that our family is still included in our thoughts and prayers and that is what has sustained us this entire journey," says Twitty.

A journey that to this day is on-going.

"You're always going to remain hopeful that you'll get to the bottom of it or get an answer. Now whether they'll be justice, no we don't really think about that too much anymore. I think we just try to stay focused on is we would still like our original plan from the beginning is get to the bottom of it, what happened and some answers," says Twitty.

Link to the International Safe Travels Foundations Website:  

www.internationalsafetravelsfoundation.org

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=6001510&nav=0jsh
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2007, 09:16:17 PM »

This thing that MF posted, did he say it was a complaint about KJ ?
Didn't deVries say there was almost a fight ?
Do you think KJ smacked one of the Croes ... Marianne ?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2007, 09:17:56 PM »

Because if she did take a smack at anyone, I would like to see it on pay per view !
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2007, 09:25:12 PM »

I glad you understand MeMere that the was the purpose of the post- the pics of the PVDs house, not a commentary of the site. Cool

I thought the purpose of the discussion about photoshopping those house pictures was to point out to Florida that there are people with more spare time than brains that would indeed do such a thing.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2007, 09:35:01 PM »

O/T :
A new book just published by Hachette Livre titled "Moths that Drink Elephant Tears" by Matt Walker has some interesting facts about animal life.  One is that some monkeys like a drink or three.  Given the choice whether or not to have an alcoholic beverage about 1 in 20 vervet monkeys become instant binge drinkers gulping down so much booze they eventually pass out.  A mere one in seven monkeys prefer not to drink alcohol.

Also noted was that rats can tell the difference between Dutch and Japanese.

Need I say more?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2007, 09:38:18 PM »

Good night friends....see you in the morning..... Smile

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2007, 09:41:32 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Good night friends....see you in the morning..... Smile

Nite Mere
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
O/T :
A new book just published by Hachette Livre titled "Moths that Drink Elephant Tears" by Matt Walker has some interesting facts about animal life.  One is that some monkeys like a drink or three.  Given the choice whether or not to have an alcoholic beverage about 1 in 20 vervet monkeys become instant binge drinkers gulping down so much booze they eventually pass out.  A mere one in seven monkeys prefer not to drink alcohol.

Need I say more?

Rats can probably smell a Sloot a mile away  Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2007, 09:44:26 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Because if she did take a smack at anyone, I would like to see it on pay per view !

Laughing  Laughing
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2007, 09:47:24 PM »

Shango Says: June 26th, 2005 at 9:43 pm
Did the babylonians like to make movies?
From the tears, a new river will spring forth….

Simian Says: June 26th, 2005 at 9:48 pm
The boy told the Hindus that he didn’t need their help anymore. This was in the small hours.
The confrontation was brutal.  So who heeded his call? Who switched places?
People…the bloodied, swollen tongue. The boy’s fear runs deep.
They accuse him to be Bifrons. (Bifrons = demon /monster)

"told the Hindus he didn't need their help"
To me, this refers to the Kalpoes going home while Joran was with Natalee who stayed unconscious.  
The confrontation was brutal.  
I kept thinking this was the police car confrontation.  Could it have been that night?  
Who switched places?  
To me, this means who came to help Joran that night after the Kalpoes left.  

Do the Shangonian Monkeys have a different interpretation?

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2007, 09:51:21 PM »

O/T :

Need I say more?

Primates and alcohol.  A dangerious combination!  

I think rats can smell the difference between Dutch and Japanese and I would think this was based mostly on different cuisine.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2007, 09:51:24 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

Laughing  Laughing

You could sell tickets for front row seats.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2007, 09:57:03 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Shango Says: June 26th, 2005 at 9:43 pm
Did the babylonians like to make movies?
From the tears, a new river will spring forth….

Simian Says: June 26th, 2005 at 9:48 pm
The boy told the Hindus that he didn’t need their help anymore. This was in the small hours.
The confrontation was brutal.  So who heeded his call? Who switched places?
People…the bloodied, swollen tongue. The boy’s fear runs deep.
They accuse him to be Bifrons. (Bifrons = demon /monster)

To me, this refers to the Kalpoes going home while Joran was with Natalee who stayed unconscious.  
I kept thinking this was the police car confrontation.  Could it have been that night?  
Who switched places?  

LilPuma  I agree with your first and third references, but I have always thought that "the confrontation was brutal" meant what happened between Natalee and Joran/Guido or whoever.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2007, 09:58:55 PM »

O/T :

Need I say more?

Primates and alcohol.  A dangerious combination!  

I think rats can smell the difference between Dutch and Japanese and I would think this was based mostly on different cuisine.

Yep - even humans can smell the differences between races/cultures which is based on their diets  Laughing

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2007, 10:04:12 PM »

Who switched places?  

LilPuma  I agree with your first and third references, but I have always thought that "the confrontation was brutal" meant what happened between Natalee and Joran/Guido or whoever.

I still believe that Natalee was drugged and would not have been in any condition to run or put up much of a struggle.  She might have yelled or cried or something, but from what I've heard about date rape drugs, the victim is mostly unconscious.  "Joran is crazy" "Deepak didn't like what Joran was doing in the back seat because he's fussy about his car."  I think there was an argument that night because the Kalpoes knew Joran was going too far and getting them into trouble too.

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2007, 10:08:32 PM »

http://tinyurl.com/2mdjcc

A friend sent me this and I thought it was put together by someone we knew.  She just said no, she happened upon it.  It not only has a pictorial of the Holloway case, but it is titled CHICAGO OUTFIT, i.e., Chicago Mob.  

(My first tinyurl effort.  Hope it works.)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2007, 10:10:34 PM »

http://tinyurl.com/2mdjcc

A friend sent me this and I thought it was put together by someone we knew.  She just said no, she happened upon it.  It not only has a pictorial of the Holloway case, but it is titled CHICAGO OUTFIT, i.e., Chicago Mob.  

(My first tinyurl effort.  Hope it works.)

That's actually SM poster Grande's photobucket album.  He's one of the good guys  Wink
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2007, 10:28:30 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "MeMere"
BB...thanks for the link....I looked at the photos....some I had not seen....and then went to the main Holloway page and wonder if you know who this is....interesting story he/she has....not dated.

http://judicial-inc.biz/Joran_va_der_sloot.htm

If you read that entire site there are some very racial and radical views.  Other than the photos, I'm not sure I care for the site.
That thing that gets me the most about that site, is how they have it all listed as FACTUAL. Nothing there about it being supposition or anything. Rolling Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.