May 14, 2024, 05:18:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 768568 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #660 on: October 22, 2009, 02:10:11 AM »

After an infinitismal day, I just wanted to pay my respects again to Somer and her family.

Please open your heart to peace for this child, many will do the rest to seek justice until your heart heals enough.

Heal now.

Samuel, I have no words, but you are loved, and your sissa is still one minute older, remember that, child of God.

Some days I would rather do anything else. Live in a cave maybe.

Blink, may I join you in this cave, please?  an angelic monkey This is just too much!
Make room for me too! I can't take hearing this again and again. And FLORIDA again!! WTH? 

Hi cartfly! I can't help but notice that too. What's up with that?
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #661 on: October 22, 2009, 02:26:51 AM »

After an infinitismal day, I just wanted to pay my respects again to Somer and her family.

Please open your heart to peace for this child, many will do the rest to seek justice until your heart heals enough.

Heal now.

Samuel, I have no words, but you are loved, and your sissa is still one minute older, remember that, child of God.

Some days I would rather do anything else. Live in a cave maybe.

Blink, may I join you in this cave, please?  an angelic monkey This is just too much!
Make room for me too! I can't take hearing this again and again. And FLORIDA again!! WTH? 

Hi cartfly! I can't help but notice that too. What's up with that?

Hi CBB!
Gosh, I really wish I knew. We have spent countless vacations on the gulf coast of Florida and the people you meet are just wonderful. I know there are good decent people in Florida, but I think they are grossly out numbered by the freaks.

It sure seems alot of the missing children cases come from the East Coast side of Florida. The only thing I can see is that the state is lax on sex offenders. We already know how lax they are with bail for Cocaine possesion/mfg from the Haleigh case. I would like some input from a local who has lived in Florida all their lives for their take on this.

Like I said, we vacation on the Gulf Coast side (Destin, Ft Walton, Panama City). The beaches there are beautiful and the locals are very friendly and kind. But I wouldn't consider living there with my children. Too many horrible stories coming from that state.

**May you rest in peace Somer, my heart and prayers go out to your family in their darkest hours.  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
crazybabyborg
« Reply #662 on: October 22, 2009, 02:32:19 AM »

I don't know either, cartfly. Maybe it's just the high profile cases so it just seems to be a lot from Florida. It's such a beautiful State, and like you, I've always found Floridians to be friendly.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: October 22, 2009, 06:41:22 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/21389441/detail.html
Sheriff: Body Found Identified As Somer Thompson

POSTED: 6:28 am EDT October 22, 2009
UPDATED: 6:30 am EDT October 22, 2009
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Authorities say they've positively identified the body of a young girl as Somer Thompson.

Stay with WESH 2 News and WESH.com for further details.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #664 on: October 22, 2009, 07:13:17 AM »

Sheriff to Suspect: 'We are Coming to Get Him.'
 Dave Wax  Taren Reed     Created: 10/21/2009 11:20:36 AM    Updated: 10/21/2009 11:53:29 PM

* Recommend (15)
    * Print Article
    * Email Article
    * Larger
    * Smaller
    * AddThis

Advertisement

FOLKSTON, GA -- The Clay County sheriff had a message for the person responsible for the death of the young girl pulled from a landfill Wednesday afternoon: "I don't want to tell that suspect what we are doing. I will tell him this: We are coming to get him."

Sheriff Rick Beseler announced this afternoon that a young, white child was discovered in the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston during a routine part of the search for Somer Thompson.

<SNIP>

I can't imagine being one of these LE, having to go after these bast***ds...and then to have the court systems and bleeding heart psyc. people thinking they can "reform" them and release them back into the population....

there's got to be a better way and it needs to change fast...anyone who hurts a child should never see the next sunrise..

Mornin' Monkeys...
Cops: Nose hairs least of his worries

Updated: Wednesday, 21 Oct 2009, 2:29 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 21 Oct 2009, 1:56 PM CDT

HASTINGS, Mich. (WOOD) - A man is behind bars after trying to steal some tweezers from a hospital emergency room.

Hastings police officers were called Oct. 15 to Pennock Hospital for a possible larceny report.

When they arrived they were met by an emergency room nurse who said a patient tried to steal some hemostat tweezers.

The nurse told police she dropped the tweezers on the floor while taking stitches out of the patient's wounds. Since the tweezers were no longer sterile, the nurse left the room to get some clean ones.

When she came back, she noticed the tweezers that fell on the floor were gone.

The nurse asked the patient if he had taken them and he said, "Yes, I wanted to use them to pluck my nose hairs."

He said he just wanted to borrow the tweezers for a moment.

When officers continued to question the patient they discovered he was wanted on a bench warrant for obstructing justice. The man was taken into custody.

A copy of this latest police report was sent to the Barry County Prosecutor's Office for review of possible charges for larceny in a building against the suspect.

Edit to add link per seasearcher
:   

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=146992&catid=17     
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:53:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #665 on: October 22, 2009, 07:14:43 AM »

Dave Wax  Taren Reed     Created: 10/21/2009 11:20:36 AM    Updated: 10/21/2009 11:53:29 PM

* Recommend (15)
    * Print Article
    * Email Article
    * Larger
    * Smaller
    * AddThis

Advertisement

FOLKSTON, GA -- The Clay County sheriff had a message for the person responsible for the death of the young girl pulled from a landfill Wednesday afternoon: "I don't want to tell that suspect what we are doing. I will tell him this: We are coming to get him."

Sheriff Rick Beseler announced this afternoon that a young, white child was discovered in the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston during a routine part of the search for Somer Thompson.

<SNIP>

I can't imagine being one of these LE, having to go after these bast***ds...and then to have the court systems and bleeding heart psyc. people thinking they can "reform" them and release them back into the population....

there's got to be a better way and it needs to change fast...anyone who hurts a child should never see the next sunrise..

Mornin' Monkeys...

sorry...forgot the link...still kinda rusty

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=146992&catid=17
Added link to above post.  MB
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:54:15 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: October 22, 2009, 07:39:31 AM »

my heart is broken for Somer and her family...

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #667 on: October 22, 2009, 07:44:55 AM »

Webcast: Somer Thompson's Body Identified; 7:15 News Conference

Gary Detman  Marcus Smith     Created: 10/22/2009 6:22:36 AM    Updated: 10/22/2009 7:16:09 AM

ORANGE PARK, FL -- First Coast News has learned that Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler will announce that investigators have identified the body of Somer Thompson.

A Clay County spokesperson says the identification has been made through distinguished markings on the body found Wednesday at a landfill in Folkston, Georgia.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Clay County deputies and teams from the FBI are processing the crime scene at the Chesser Island Landfill. A van carrying something covered by a sheet pulled out of the landfill shortly after midnight.

An autopsy, scheduled to be performed today at the Medical Examiner's office in Savannah, should help determine a cause of death.

Sheriff Beseler has scheduled a news conference at 7:15 a.m. to make the official announcement.

The 7-year-old girl disappeared Monday afternoon while walking home from elementary school.

Authorities found Somer's body in trash at the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston.

We will have complete coverage of the news conference on NBC-12, ABC-25 and firstcoastnews.com.

Click here for complete coverage of the Search for Somer.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=147047&catid=3

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #668 on: October 22, 2009, 07:49:52 AM »

Live Webcast: Webcast: Somer Thompson's Body Identified; 7:15 News Conference

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/webcast.aspx?storyid=147047&catid=74

Heart
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: October 22, 2009, 07:50:08 AM »

Good Morning.  an angelic monkey
I feel extremely sad this morning after a very restless night. Another of our children are gone, just gone. And no telling what she went through before she died. She died because she was a child, and defenseless and innocent. And she was what this diabolical slab of humanity feeds on.

Everyone thinks of Florida as the vacation place to be, and the state has a whole department that caters to the visitors. It is their life blood. Theme parks, beaches, NASA, keep the visitors happy. Many feel that it is such a "happy place" what bad could happen there? But bad things happen there, even the "happiest place in the world" Disney Land." Thing is, you don't hear about it. There is a concerted effort not to let the "bad" stuff get out the gates. Oh, you may hear of a injury or even death sometimes, but you don't hear of the rapes and assaults and the robberies.

It is not just in Florida that people have a false sense of security. It happens all over. But during the time I lived in Florida it was a wholesale release of Murderers, rapists, robbers, no matter how bad their crime, because the State of Florida would not/could/not bring their overcrowded jails up to par and the Federal Government forced the state to release them. I think the jail situation has improved since the latter '90's when we lived there but the criminal element is still there in force albeit some of the released are surely back in jail for new infractions. It is a nice place for the homeless with it's mild weather, and a place that criminals can and do hide out. There are places all over Florida, just like Satsuma. Little DPS action, lots of drugs, easy jails to be arrested and be right back out on the street.

I am not blaming just Florida. Children disappear in Washington state, Michigan, Virginia, Ohio, Alabama, California, Oregon, Missouri.........and on and on. It isn't Mayberry USA anywhere anymore, I don't care how beautiful, or ordinary, or thrilling it is to live there. There really is a "big bad wolf" and he could be living in a neighborhood near you. I wish it were not so. But it is.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: October 22, 2009, 07:56:03 AM »

Snipped from the article Texasmom posted:

“God help the sons of bitches  who hurt my daughter,” Samuel Thompson said. “They better find them.”

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

“They’re not going to live in Orange Park, Florida, anymore,”
Thompson said.

I can only hope that there isn't a rift coming between these parents. The Mother doesn't need that right now. Maybe the Dad too, but the Mom just doesn't need that right now.   

I agree CBB, what a horrible thing for him to say. I hope no one tells her he said that. Can you imagine, her daughter is dead and now she is being threatened with her other children being taken? In regards to the dad, is it true he hadn't seen his daughter in 2 years? Is that a rumor? I certainly hope it is a rumor because if it is true, seems like the situation was all good up until now.

Hi Tracygirl! Good to see you!

I read that he had not seen her in two years, and also I think the mom said that he wasn't part of their lives. I'll see if I can find that for you.

Well, before I take a leap to judge this man, Id like to know how much of that absence was due to his service in the military and his injury.  I saw the mom claim that the dad "was not in the picture" but he didnt seem to agree with that statement stating that the two talked during this.  He did ID a birthmark of Somer's so its not like he has been absent all or the majority of her short life.  Maybe he questions the boyfriend or has other legitimate reasons for that statement, who knows.  Same with her, a few things may have sounded off regarding her or her live in boyfriend too, but unlike other cases at this stage,  there isnt enough know yet.   Another murdered child, but at the same time each case is different & we have to look at it that way as facts unfold.   There is anger & grief right now with an obvious separation & we dont know all the circumstances.  In fairness for now & unless facts come out otherwise,  Id say they are both parents who have suffered the loss of a child & they are both grieving that loss.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #671 on: October 22, 2009, 08:04:03 AM »

Missing Florida girl's body found in Georgia landfill - CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/22/georgia.landfill.body/index.html

Clay sheriff: Body found in Ga. landfill is that of Somer Renee Thompson

http://savannahnow.com/latest-news/2009-10-22/clay-sheriff-body-found-ga-landfill-somer-renee-thompson

Clay sheriff: Body found in Ga. landfill is that of Somer Renee Thompson
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-22/story/clay_sheriff_body_found_in_ga_landfill_is_that_of_somer_renee_thompson

Heart
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: October 22, 2009, 08:59:23 AM »

I'm not good at distance, but if there are 5280 feet in a mile, wouldn't .03 be closer than 2500 feet?

which, I had thought, was the residency restriction for sex offenders in florida with regards to schools.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/pages/neighborhoodSearch/Search_Neighborhood_Basic3.jsp

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #673 on: October 22, 2009, 09:22:07 AM »

I have a question. Le said we comeing to get you or something like that. Does that mean. That they have ruled out the boy friend. Does anyone no if he has been ruled out
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #674 on: October 22, 2009, 09:24:36 AM »

I am sure the mother has already heard his threat.  Assuming it wasn't the bf the father will have to prove that she knowingly put her child in danger or is putting her children in danger before a judge will allow it to happen.  Unless they don't have a child support/visitation order made already. 

In Texas a parent can go and take a child from another parent without their permission and the police cannot do anything about it if the parent is on the birth certificate because that parent has rights too.  That is the reason I filed for child support and made sure I got managing conservatorship as soon as I got seperated, so their father could not legally kidnap my kids and leave me hanging in the wind.  I hope this mother has something in place to protect her.  The last thing she needs is to lose all her other kids right now, when she just lost the one in such a horrible way.
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: October 22, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »

This is so sad!!!
Poor baby Somer!!
Sitting at my desk crying....

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #676 on: October 22, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »

CBB, I do hope that little Caylee and Somer are singing You Are My Sunshine, with all the other children that have been taken so early  an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: October 22, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »

* Recommend (15)
    * Print Article
    * Email Article
    * Larger
    * Smaller
    * AddThis

Advertisement

<SNIP>

Mornin' Monkeys...

sorry...forgot the link...still kinda rusty

Thanks,Sea. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: October 22, 2009, 10:08:12 AM »

This is so sad!!!
Poor baby Somer!!
Sitting at my desk crying....

pb

~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: October 22, 2009, 10:13:48 AM »

Mark Lunsford: Somer Thompson's death 'horrifying'
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Mark-Lunsford-Somer-Thompsons-death-horrifying/aZowjO9wb06P-wZiHqIHBg.cspx

Body Found in Dump Matches Somer Thompson Birthmark, Clothing
Sheriff Warns, 'There Is a Child Killer on the Loose."
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-body-found-sheriff-matches-birthmark-clothing/story?id=8887834

Sheriff: Somer Thompson's body found in landfill

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/sheriff-somer-thompson-s-body-found-in-landfill-1.1538224

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.