May 21, 2024, 04:11:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #19 - 6/23/05  (Read 300557 times)
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #440 on: June 23, 2005, 03:27:55 PM »

<<Could it be why he said ; Don`t say anything' that it`s just b/c it`s the right thing to do, since he is a laywer himself makes perfectly sense to me to say something like that.>>

If you set aside his legal expertise, there are scenarios where saying "Don't talk" is clearly the wrong thing to do.

But even within the context of legal representation, I have to believe - and I defer to those with better knowledge on Aruban law and legal ethics - that there are scenarios where a lawyer telling a client "Don't talk" is itself a criminal act.  As a matter of comparison, I'm pretty sure a U.S. lawyer with reasonable suspicion or knowledge concerning a client's continuing or future criminal activity must alert authorities and provide that information.

Of course, PVDS is not his son's lawyer.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #441 on: June 23, 2005, 03:27:59 PM »

IF it turns out to be true that Joran asked the Kalpoe brothers to go along with his story, it may well be possible he asked his Dad to cover his timeline as well.  OR, Dad could well be involved further.

I'm betting we get to a point where Dad and Kid are the lone jailbirds.

So sad all the way around.
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #442 on: June 23, 2005, 03:28:27 PM »

Agreed, it does sound bad for Natalee.  If she had been well and happy, Joran would not have needed his father's assistance.

Oh no.

Crying or Very sad

Well, cowboys are on their way, Nat!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #443 on: June 23, 2005, 03:28:28 PM »

Quote from: "bendex"
I THINK THEIR ARE VARIUOS SCENARIOS FROM HERE ON

NOTHING HAS TO BE DRUGS RELATED

PAUL VAN DER SLOOT MIGHT HAVE ACCIDENTLY SHOT HER IN HIS HOUSE AFTER HEARING SUPICIOUS NOISES

OR NATALEE COULKD HAVE BEEN SO EXCITED MAKING LOVE THAT HER HART STOPPED BEATING

no guns in aruba...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: June 23, 2005, 03:29:13 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
What link is Hit 94?

101 ob dag now for crappy music and better local updates i think...
TEO....
which is 101???

peace to all
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #445 on: June 23, 2005, 03:29:49 PM »

Quote from: "goon squad"
<<Could it be why he said ; Don`t say anything' that it`s just b/c it`s the right thing to do, since he is a laywer himself makes perfectly sense to me to say something like that.>>

If you set aside his legal expertise, there are scenarios where saying "Don't talk" is clearly the wrong thing to do.

But even within the context of legal representation, I have to believe - and I defer to those with better knowledge on Aruban law and legal ethics - that there are scenarios where a lawyer telling a client "Don't talk" is itself a criminal act.  As a matter of comparison, I'm pretty sure a U.S. lawyer with reasonable suspicion or knowledge concerning a client's continuing or future criminal activity must alert authorities and provide that information.

Of course, PVDS is not his son's lawyer.

That's why defense attorneys never want to know if their client is guilty or not.
joebob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #446 on: June 23, 2005, 03:31:13 PM »

Quote from: "Itawamba"
Agreed, it does sound bad for Natalee.  If she had been well and happy, Joran would not have needed his father's assistance.

Oh no.

Crying or Very sad

Well, cowboys are on their way, Nat!

Does seem to look that way.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #447 on: June 23, 2005, 03:31:48 PM »

::::waves:::: Hi all

Lot's of news...

I need to ask for help, if anyone has time, as I am buried in tons of information while putting together a complete timeline etc of all information. ::pleading::: lol

If anyone would like to help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #448 on: June 23, 2005, 03:31:58 PM »

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE STRANGE POSTER ABOUT THE GUY CLAIMING HIS BROTHER WAS ALLIED WITH THE FBI AND THAT ALL NOT IS AS IT APPEARS TO BE !

WICH THEORIES CAN APPLY WITHOUT DRUGS BEING INVOLVED.
SHE COULD HAVE BEEN ACCIDENTLY HAVE BEEN RUN OVER BY A CAR FOR EXAMPLE

Quote from: "Rob"

PAUL VAN DER SLOOT MIGHT HAVE ACCIDENTLY SHOT HER IN HIS HOUSE AFTER HEARING SUPICIOUS NOISES

OR NATALEE COULKD HAVE BEEN SO EXCITED MAKING LOVE THAT HER HART STOPPED BEATING

no guns in aruba...

Only the facts
asdf
Scared Monkey

« Reply #449 on: June 23, 2005, 03:32:26 PM »

DNA is a good possibility.  Forgot who said that on the other page but great idea.  Very well could be and seems likely in addition to the interview mics.
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #450 on: June 23, 2005, 03:32:45 PM »

Somebody said Greta was saying more today than yesterday.....

WHAT IS SHE SAYING???
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: June 23, 2005, 03:32:55 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
::::waves:::: Hi all

Lot's of news...

I need to ask for help, if anyone has time, as I am buried in tons of information while putting together a complete timeline etc of all information. ::pleading::: lol

If anyone would like to help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

GLAD TO HELP.
ASK ROB
(HUGGS)

where is my monkey!!!!!

peace to all
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #452 on: June 23, 2005, 03:33:07 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/23/aruba.holloway/index.html

"Twitty told CNN's "American Morning" she met Tuesday with the parents of 17-year-old Joran Van Der Sloot, one of the people in custody. He's one of the last people reported to have seen Holloway.

She said the Van Der Sloots invited her into their home, when she was handing out prayer cards in their neighborhood.

Twitty refused to give details about their 90-minute discussion.

"I think I walked away with the confirmation that we still have some individuals that we need to pursue," she said."
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #453 on: June 23, 2005, 03:33:37 PM »

Quote from: "hope"
Quote from: "joebob"
Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "coco"
Kalpoes mother says the boys told their mother that they just dropped off Joran and Natalee at the Marriot and did not see them again. Mother said the boys said Natalee did not even talk to them or say hi and that they just gave them a lift.  They said they were making up the story to help Joran.

Mariane Croes announcing that PVDS is arrested as a suspect because there is a reasonable suspicion that he knows something about the disappearance. They will now interrogate to see if they can learn something. The first 6 hours are interrogation.

all on CNN

From all the sweating Papa did while Greta interviewed Anita, I would think he would be fairly easy to break.  Let's hope so.

and i just thought it was hot... sheeezzz!

I vote on the alcoholic theory.

NOW we know why mama van der sloot was rocking- bye bye papa van der sloot

Somebody pick me up off the floor..LOL
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #454 on: June 23, 2005, 03:34:51 PM »

I also saw the MSNBc interview with MVDS--her attitude has changed since the Greta interview--not releasing a lot of info today versus yesterday with her and PVDS.  Her stories are also changing-about when they first questioned JVDS-how they should have kept him, then said no reason to keep ?ing him.  One thing I noticed with MVDS--she said JVDS her son is very outgoing.  Now NH friend; Ruth, said JVDS was not flirty or outgoing-just sitting at the Blackjack table......nothing huge--but no stories are matching, not even MVDS.

Also-another story brought up and dropped-it was said early on PVDS picked up JVDS at McD's around 3am-cuz it was replied with it closes at 1am.

Jennifer
hope
Scared Monkey

« Reply #455 on: June 23, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"

"Twitty told CNN's "American Morning" she met Tuesday with the parents of 17-year-old Joran Van Der Sloot, one of the people in custody. He's one of the last people reported to have seen Holloway.

She said the Van Der Sloots invited her into their home, when she was handing out prayer cards in their neighborhood.

"I think I walked away with the confirmation that we still have some individuals that we need to pursue," she said."

Letting Greta come into their house was the worst thing the Van Der Sloots could do- because Greta is so sharp- but for Natalee it was the best thing ever!!!!!!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #456 on: June 23, 2005, 03:35:23 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"

well, if i remeber correctly did nt one of the holloway family members say that there were possilbly 7-8 others... look out valentijn.....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #457 on: June 23, 2005, 03:35:51 PM »

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Oh good grief.
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #458 on: June 23, 2005, 03:36:11 PM »

so the new theory is that the kalpoes dropped off jvds and natalee, and "something bad happened" and papa came and picked joran up... is that kinda correct? still does nt explain natalees current whereabouts...unless he tranported her....they did take his car for testing....

there was report last week that samples from both cars were sent to Holland for DNA testing...
BhamNativeGrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #459 on: June 23, 2005, 03:36:33 PM »

OK what else is going on I cant watch tv at work - and our discussion forum was overloaded!

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
Mohandas Gandhi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.