May 13, 2024, 09:06:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #33 4/4/09 - 4/9/09  (Read 92495 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #920 on: April 09, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »

Good morning Monkeys, I found a photo that I think you'll like:

Gorilla Baby

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: April 09, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »

Hey all, here's a couple of cakes I did last week, hope you like them 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #922 on: April 09, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »

Very nice Monken.I bet they taste great. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: April 09, 2009, 11:58:32 AM »

Monken ~  Your cakes are so beautiful! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: April 09, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »

Hey all, here's a couple of cakes I did last week, hope you like them  ::MonkeyRoll::

Your cakes are just beautiful. Is the top one your Ed Hardy one? I had to look up Ed Hardy when you mentioned it before. Not into tats and didn't know who he was. Very interesting. I learn something new every day. I have also seen your decor. I admire your eye for color.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #925 on: April 09, 2009, 12:52:44 PM »

MOnken -- You are a very talented Monkey.  I wish you lived closer and I would hire you to teach me and to make all my cakes.   
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: April 09, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »

Thank you all very much! 

Yes, that's a Ed Hardy design, my daughter picked that for her 30 th b'day cake! I can't believe my baby's 30!!!  I decorated that cake in record time as tornado warnings were closing in on us, i finished it just as the storms hit,  & everyone dove into the basement! 

Pooky if there's anything I can answer for you let me know, I wish i lived closer too!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: April 09, 2009, 01:17:19 PM »

And had one of THEM even ask if I REALLY had horses like I might be lying about it.  They will ruin anything they can for anybody they can.

So I have plenty of photos just in case of doubt.

But I think he is so pretty and really wanted him to be well.  He is much better now, too.

Anna,

I asked if you "really" had horses because I didn't know if you did or not.  Not because I didn't believe you.  Sorry for the misunderstanding. Since I am a horseperson, I am happy to find other horsepeople wherever I go.  Am I the person you are calling a jackass?  I was stunned to see that, especially since I am having a difficult night just having made a decision to put down my 23 year old appy mare.  She has Cushings and has started to founder.  My vet keeps telling me to give her bute and we started her on pergolide, but she can barely walk.  I called him out to put her down 2 weeks ago, and he talked me out of it, but I know it is time, I can see it in her eyes. 

Iris 

Iris, I am not Anna either, but I, too, am sorry you are going through this. This is the part of having animals that I DETEST.
Its never easy and my thoughts are with you.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #928 on: April 09, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »

Thank you all very much! 

Yes, that's a Ed Hardy design, my daughter picked that for her 30 th b'day cake! I can't believe my baby's 30!!!  I decorated that cake in record time as tornado warnings were closing in on us, i finished it just as the storms hit,  & everyone dove into the basement! 

Pooky if there's anything I can answer for you let me know, I wish i lived closer too!!

Gorgeous cakes !  I hope you took them with you too when you went to bunker down..

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: April 09, 2009, 01:34:19 PM »

And had one of THEM even ask if I REALLY had horses like I might be lying about it.  They will ruin anything they can for anybody they can.

But I think he is so pretty and really wanted him to be well.  He is much better now, too.

Anna,

I asked if you "really" had horses because I didn't know if you did or not.  Not because I didn't believe you.  Sorry for the misunderstanding. Since I am a horseperson, I am happy to find other horsepeople wherever I go.  Am I the person you are calling a jackass?  I was stunned to see that, especially since I am having a difficult night just having made a decision to put down my 23 year old appy mare.  She has Cushings and has started to founder.  My vet keeps telling me to give her bute and we started her on pergolide, but she can barely walk.  I called him out to put her down 2 weeks ago, and he talked me out of it, but I know it is time, I can see it in her eyes. 

Iris 

Iris, I am not Anna either, but I, too, am sorry you are going through this. This is the part of having animals that I DETEST.

Well, I AM Anna and Iris, I think if you didn't spend so much time supporting and sustaining that site that calls me a liar every time my name is mentioned, you might not be asking if I REALLY had horses.

I have seen the posts and know what tremendous fun is had calling me that at the site where you also post but do keep in mind that the difference is HERE I can answer back!

I don't believe for one minute you weren't questioning my integirty as I had posted about hurting my ribs giving this horse medication.

I don't LIE no matter what your co-horts may claim to the contrary and ask yourself some time why it is so essential that they discredit ME of all people.  I don't post anything new so just what is the big problem with ME.  Hint:  It is nothing even close to what they claim.

And these are not MY horses as I have placed mine but some I am allowing a friend to pasture in my pasture.  I did have five at one time.  REALLY!

How would you feel if I asked you if you REALLY had one you had to put down? 

It would be the same thing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #930 on: April 09, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »

Are there really people still on SM that are apart of and post at CnG?  How can they justify that?

I am in shock, please someone fill me in on this........

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #931 on: April 09, 2009, 02:29:27 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeLZCy-_m3s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/BeLZCy-_m3s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #932 on: April 09, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »

Monken, Cakes are outstanding as usual.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: April 09, 2009, 02:59:11 PM »

Monken,

Love the cakes.  I am imagining they are CHOCOLATE inside!  mmmm. . . .cake . . . . . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
iris44
Scared Monkey

« Reply #934 on: April 09, 2009, 03:02:38 PM »

Anna,

Iris 

Hi Art,

I've never had to make the decision to put one down before.  This appy was always so healthy, I just had a feeling it would happen like this.  My biggest problem is that my vet hates to put any animal down and he tends to keep them lingering and suffering a little too long.  It is hard enough to make the decision, but then the vet came out and said she's not in pain, she's just tired from the Cushings and the medication, and now we've gone another 2 weeks.  He hoof tested her and she didn't show pain and her pulse is not high, so he says she's not foundering, but she can barely walk, and I am convinced she's in pain. (Even with 2 grams of bute/day). She's got heat in the front hooves and she has to rock back on her hind legs to turn around. I don't even know what I am paying the vet for anymore, since he never seems to give me a correct diagnosis anymore.  But it's so hard to find a horse vet at this point.  Thanks for the support.
iris44
Scared Monkey

« Reply #935 on: April 09, 2009, 03:11:25 PM »

Anna,

Iris 

Well, I AM Anna and Iris, I think if you didn't spend so much time supporting and sustaining that site that calls me a liar every time my name is mentioned, you might not be asking if I REALLY had horses.

I have seen the posts and know what tremendous fun is had calling me that at the site where you also post but do keep in mind that the difference is HERE I can answer back!

I don't believe for one minute you weren't questioning my integirty as I had posted about hurting my ribs giving this horse medication.

I don't LIE no matter what your co-horts may claim to the contrary and ask yourself some time why it is so essential that they discredit ME of all people.  I don't post anything new so just what is the big problem with ME.  Hint:  It is nothing even close to what they claim.

And these are not MY horses as I have placed mine but some I am allowing a friend to pasture in my pasture.  I did have five at one time.  REALLY!

How would you feel if I asked you if you REALLY had one you had to put down? 

It would be the same thing.

Anna,

I post at lots of different sites.  I'm not involved in all the trashtalk.  I don't have the time or the patience for it. I explained to you what I meant, but that's fine if you don't believe what I said. I won't bother you again.
iris44
Scared Monkey

« Reply #936 on: April 09, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »

Anna,

Iris 
I am not Anna, but I am sorry for your loss of a long time friend.

Thanks Dolce, I read all night long on the horse boards trying to decide what to do.  I came across the quote that "the right decision is usually the one that is the hardest to make" so I think that is what finally convinced me.  I have to trust that I am reading the look in her eyes correctly and do what is best for her.  I think she's telling me she has had enough. Iris
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #937 on: April 09, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »

Just dropping in to say Hi

Hope everyones having a good day

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: April 09, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »

Hi GE.  It's a lovely day here.  I've taken all the plants out of the green house again.   Keeping fingers crossed it won't freeze again until next winter.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #939 on: April 09, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »

Hi GE.  It's a lovely day here.  I've taken all the plants out of the green house again.   Keeping fingers crossed it won't freeze again until next winter.
Lovely day here too. Am looking forward to some fresh home grown veggies too. Now if it doesn't get to hot and fry them like last year.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.