May 21, 2024, 10:27:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 446329 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #720 on: January 25, 2010, 08:35:24 PM »

Nut,if you are near a tv,don't look.You know who is on issues.   

Monkey Devil!   I bet I know who you mean ....
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: January 25, 2010, 09:21:39 PM »

Night Monks.....today was a good day................I love me some SM!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: January 25, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT WE WILL BE DOING SOME FORUM MAINTENANCE TOMORROW NIGHT AT AROUND 10PM CENTRAL TIME.  THE FORUM WILL BE DOWN FOR A BIT AT THAT TIME, SO DON'T THINK IT'S YOU.

WE HAVE BEEN HAVING A LOT OF DOWNTIME RECENTLY AND OUR TECH GUY IS WORKING ON A SOLUTION.  IT'S BEEN FRUSTRATING FOR ALL OF US.

DOWNTIME - 15-20 MINUTES OR SO
TUESDAY - 1/26/10

8PM PACIFIC
10PM CENTRAL
11PM EASTERN
ccndixie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #723 on: January 25, 2010, 10:10:47 PM »

So, I guess all things considered, it was a pretty good day after all.  We didn't get ALL we wanted (who does?) but she is a FELON, 5 or 6 times over and that is pretty satisfying to me.   Appears the real trial is going to be delayed for as long as the defense can manage, so I will just go on back to lurking and being impressed with the rest of you monkeys and your thoughts and opinions.  Keep fighting the good fight for baby Kaylee.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #724 on: January 25, 2010, 10:13:30 PM »

For BOO and other Monks who missed it!!

COURT HEARING: Part 1 of 2
http://www.wftv.com/video/22335740/index.html

COURT HEARING: Part 2 of 2
http://www.wftv.com/video/22335862/index.html

Thanks Sunny, got your e too. Well, at least she is a convicted felon. Now I want her a convicted murder, then I will be happy. 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #725 on: January 25, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »

i have a question.does everyone here believe that the whole kronk being involved issue is a lie? i am only asking because i would like to know your opions.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: January 25, 2010, 10:32:20 PM »

i have a question.does everyone here believe that the whole kronk being involved issue is a lie? i am only asking because i would like to know your opions.
luv my boys.!
Of course its all a lie they the defense is graspin for straws. s many people have been under the bus that a new bus needs to be ordered desperately everyones laying on top of eachother everywhere. the defense  is weak and desperate.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: January 25, 2010, 10:34:07 PM »

So, I guess all things considered, it was a pretty good day after all.  We didn't get ALL we wanted (who does?) but she is a FELON, 5 or 6 times over and that is pretty satisfying to me.   Appears the real trial is going to be delayed for as long as the defense can manage, so I will just go on back to lurking and being impressed with the rest of you monkeys and your thoughts and opinions.  Keep fighting the good fight for baby Kaylee.
woooo she is a felon convicted felon at that. does anyone have a link to her entering the court room with that poop eatin grin of hers. she is arrogant and so confident in herself. pride cometh before a fall right?

Loca
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #728 on: January 25, 2010, 10:42:31 PM »

Dear Monkeys,

Thankfully our evil witch, didn't stop with taking Caylee's last breath.  Without her kind consideration, we may have been waiting even longer for the tiny smidgen of justice that we got today.  The words convicted felon have made so many people who have grown to love Caylee, very happy.  With all of the jealousy between Casey and Cindy, I hope all the love that we keep for precious Caylee is tedious for both of them.  In the grand scheme of things, I am sure that both of them think that if it wasn't for us crazy bloggers and that pesky LE and the State, Casey would be living her *beautiful life*.   I watched both of them smile today in court and it made my skin crawl.  I don't even think of them as the same species.  Even before Caylee was murdered, their was a nasty black cloud over Hopespring and they all knew it, there was never any hope for Caylee.  I broke down and cried today as once again Baez made it seem as if Casey were the victim.  Poor lil thing, all picked on and stuff.  Why make such a big deal out of a little crime spree?  He tried to make it seem as if she shoplifted candy and was not caught on video and on paper committing crimes as Caylee's body lay in a mucky swamp.  Yes, Baez we did get some mucky justice today, Casey caused all of this muck but be sure it will be raked thoroughly,  just as the crime scene was.  Where wonderful men and women sifted for days and nights on their hands and knees for every precious bone.

I am glad we were all in the cage together today my friends.  I was holding your hands, I hope you felt me hold yours.

Hugs, Magic

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #729 on: January 25, 2010, 10:45:31 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22316847/detail.html

snipped:

Judge Strickland then gave Casey an opportunity to make a statement.

“I just want to let everyone know that I’m sorry for what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions,” Casey said, referring to the check fraud (watch video | see images). “And I'd like to sincerely apologize to Amy. I wish I would have been a better friend.”

“It was a good tactic on the part of the defense to have her plead guilty and show some emotion,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.

Casey Anthony and her defense team now have 30 days to appeal the sentences. Casey's defense attorney told reporters afterward he won't appeal, that Casey had always intended to plead guilty to the check fraud charges, but he wanted to make sure the she was treated fairly. He says Casey will always be victim Amy Huizenga's friend.  (ahhh.....I don't think Amy needs Casey's friendship.....I'm certain of it!)

“Should Amy ever want to contact my office, she has an open invitation to,” Baez told Eyewitness News after the hearing. 

Eyewitness News called Huizenga to find out whether she still wants Casey's friendship, but she didn't want to talk about it.

Now, Casey Anthony's focused on trying to convince everyone that she was a better mother than one who would murder her own child. But Monday’s plea, and convictions on six of the 13 felonies she admitted to, might make that more difficult.

Casey now goes into the murder trial as a convicted felon. Baez said he's not worried about that possible disadvantage going into her murder trial.

“I'm not really concerned,” Baez said after the hearing.

But Sheaffer says, when jurors hear that a defendant has been convicted before, they could view the defendant as a liar.

“Any competent attorney should worry about that,” Sheaffer said.

Two other motions were also addressed during Monday’s hearing relating to the murder case against Casey.

The judge granted the defense's motion to get testimony before the trial from the ex-wife of Roy Kronk, who found Caylee's remains. The defense has said Kronk should be a suspect in the murders, because his ex-wife claims he bound her with duct tape years ago.

“He probably was the one who murdered Caylee Anthony or had something to do with it,” Jill Kerley, Kronk's ex-wife, said during a deposition.

There is no evidence of any prior connection between Kronk and Caylee Anthony.

“That's a very thin correlation, especially when you examine the remoteness of the time frame,” Sheaffer told Eyewitness News

Prosecutors say Casey is the one who layered tape over her daughter Caylee's nose and mouth, possibly to suffocate her.

The judge also granted the prosecution's motion to get a schedule together for discovery and a preliminary witness list in an effort to move things along towards a trial. A date was not set.

Meanwhile, the defense's motion to stop the Orange County jail from taping Casey when she meets with her attorneys was denied late Monday.

Casey's lawyers said the jail's video-only recordings violate her attorney-client privileges and could be released as public record. But the county says it has a responsibility to provide security there, even to Casey during her attorney visits.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: January 25, 2010, 11:01:51 PM »

luv my boys.!
Of course its all a lie they the defense is graspin for straws. s many people have been under the bus that a new bus needs to be ordered desperately everyones laying on top of eachother everywhere. the defense  is weak and desperate.
I agree.  Kronk got the triple whammy. He may have been nosing around way back in Aug. and actually found Caylee but the deputy didn't investigate fully. The rains came,IIRC he wasn't assigned in that area for awhile, then he goes back again. Why not, nobody had found her yet, this time he for sure finds her. He's got a few skeletons in his background (who doesn't when you've got defense team PI's digging thru your past) and baez and company start the attack.
Then the poor guy has an ex willing to say he used duct tape on her and he probably had something to do with Caylee's death.

It's typical for the slimy tactics of the defense to crucify any innocent bystander that they can. Where's the link between Kronk and Casey? What's his motive to do the crime and then tell on himself?  What happened to the long standing nanny story. Are we supposed to believe that casey and Kronk were rolling around in the woods and then when she hooked up with Tony that he goes berserk and decides to punish her by murdering her child? Or is it that he's a kingpin for some nefarious gang that had it out for kc, kidnapped and killed Caylee for some kind of vendetta. Yeah right.

The only reason the defense is targeting him is to be able to broadcast the illusion that somebody (anybody) COULD have done it. That's true, anyone Could have done it but the person that DID do it is kc, alone. All they really want is to yell that at every opportunity hoping I guess that public opinion against kc will soften or a long shot that some potential juror will believe it and hold out against the guilty verdict. In the meantime another person is being vilified by the defense.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: January 25, 2010, 11:05:48 PM »

snipped:

“I just want to let everyone know that I’m sorry for what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions,” Casey said, referring to the check fraud (watch video | see images). “And I'd like to sincerely apologize to Amy. I wish I would have been a better friend.”

“It was a good tactic on the part of the defense to have her plead guilty and show some emotion,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.

Casey Anthony and her defense team now have 30 days to appeal the sentences. Casey's defense attorney told reporters afterward he won't appeal, that Casey had always intended to plead guilty to the check fraud charges, but he wanted to make sure the she was treated fairly. He says Casey will always be victim Amy Huizenga's friend.  (ahhh.....I don't think Amy needs Casey's friendship.....I'm certain of it!)

“Should Amy ever want to contact my office, she has an open invitation to,” Baez told Eyewitness News after the hearing. 

Eyewitness News called Huizenga to find out whether she still wants Casey's friendship, but she didn't want to talk about it.

Now, Casey Anthony's focused on trying to convince everyone that she was a better mother than one who would murder her own child. But Monday’s plea, and convictions on six of the 13 felonies she admitted to, might make that more difficult.

Casey now goes into the murder trial as a convicted felon. Baez said he's not worried about that possible disadvantage going into her murder trial.

“I'm not really concerned,” Baez said after the hearing.

But Sheaffer says, when jurors hear that a defendant has been convicted before, they could view the defendant as a liar.

“Any competent attorney should worry about that,” Sheaffer said.

Two other motions were also addressed during Monday’s hearing relating to the murder case against Casey.

The judge granted the defense's motion to get testimony before the trial from the ex-wife of Roy Kronk, who found Caylee's remains. The defense has said Kronk should be a suspect in the murders, because his ex-wife claims he bound her with duct tape years ago.

“He probably was the one who murdered Caylee Anthony or had something to do with it,” Jill Kerley, Kronk's ex-wife, said during a deposition.

There is no evidence of any prior connection between Kronk and Caylee Anthony.

“That's a very thin correlation, especially when you examine the remoteness of the time frame,” Sheaffer told Eyewitness News

Prosecutors say Casey is the one who layered tape over her daughter Caylee's nose and mouth, possibly to suffocate her.

The judge also granted the prosecution's motion to get a schedule together for discovery and a preliminary witness list in an effort to move things along towards a trial. A date was not set.

Meanwhile, the defense's motion to stop the Orange County jail from taping Casey when she meets with her attorneys was denied late Monday.

Casey's lawyers said the jail's video-only recordings violate her attorney-client privileges and could be released as public record. But the county says it has a responsibility to provide security there, even to Casey during her attorney visits.

Uh.. thought the judge told her not to have any contact with Amy?  Leave it to Baez to a) deliberately defy the judge  b) he's so ignorant and didn't listen c) he doesn't have a clue
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #732 on: January 26, 2010, 01:24:13 AM »

snipped:

Uh.. thought the judge told her not to have any contact with Amy?  Leave it to Baez to a) deliberately defy the judge  b) he's so ignorant and didn't listen c) he doesn't have a clue

How about all of the above.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: January 26, 2010, 02:11:11 AM »

woooo she is a felon convicted felon at that. does anyone have a link to her entering the court room with that poop eatin grin of hers. she is arrogant and so confident in herself. pride cometh before a fall right?

Got these two pictures of her entering:

I noted during the hearing how inappropriately cheerful she seemed today.

AzGrama
Scared Monkey

Addie, spoiled rotten Min Pin with ginormous ears!

« Reply #734 on: January 26, 2010, 03:45:54 AM »

Even tho KC was only adjudicated on 6 counts, I get real pleasure in the fact that she plead guilty on all 13 charges.  Monkey Devil! Now I wish she would be charged with all the court costs after dragging this out this long.  Especially since JB now says that she always wanted to plead guilty.  Hmmmm, maybe JB should personally pay the court costs, after all he paid restitution to the bank.

Casey Anthony = Keyser Soze
    "The Usual Suspects"
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: January 26, 2010, 05:38:26 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/01/how-does-felony-conviction-aff.html
WDBO Local News      
How does felony conviction affect Casey Anthony murder trial?
By
Drew Petrimoulx
@ January 26, 2010 5:00 AM Permalink | Comments (0)
Casey Anthony is now a convicted felon - having plead guilty Monday to 13 charges from fraud to forgery stemming from a shopping spree she went on using checks stolen from a former friend.
As the attention now focuses solely on Casey's capital murder trial, one of the looming questions is how Casey's previous record will affect defense strategy and whether the accused child killer will take the stand in her own defense.

"It seems likely to be extremely dangerous," said veteran attorney Mark NeJame on the prospect of Casey taking to stand and then being subjected to cross-examination.

NaJame said the state's case will likely involve showing that Casey's behavior during the time that her daughter was missing was inconsistent with someone that lost their child accidentally.

If the defense does decide to put Casey on the stand, the prosecution could bring up her felony past and that she committed the crimes - shopping for beer and clothes with stolen checks - while her 2-year-old daughter was missing.

But NeJame said bringing that evidence into court could present a risk to the prosecution as well.

"That may, in fact, infect the case overall and allow the defense a basis for appeal," he said.

NeJame said the struggle between the defense and prosecution over what evidence and testimony should be allowed in court will be a difficult but crucial one for Judge Stan Strickland to referee.

After Monday's hearing, defense attorney Jose Baez didn't rule out putting Casey on the stand.

"We don't believe the jurors that we are going to pick will find her guilty because she wrote some bad checks," he said.
As the attention now focuses solely on Casey's capital murder trial, one of the looming questions is how Casey's previous record will affect defense strategy and whether the accused child killer will take the stand in her own defense.

"It seems likely to be extremely dangerous," said veteran attorney Mark NeJame on the prospect of Casey taking to stand and then being subjected to cross-examination.

NaJame said the state's case will likely involve showing that Casey's behavior during the time that her daughter was missing was inconsistent with someone that lost their child accidentally.

If the defense does decide to put Casey on the stand, the prosecution could bring up her felony past and that she committed the crimes - shopping for beer and clothes with stolen checks - while her 2-year-old daughter was missing.

But NeJame said bringing that evidence into court could present a risk to the prosecution as well.

"That may, in fact, infect the case overall and allow the defense a basis for appeal," he said.

NeJame said the struggle between the defense and prosecution over what evidence and testimony should be allowed in court will be a difficult but crucial one for Judge Stan Strickland to referee.

After Monday's hearing, defense attorney Jose Baez didn't rule out putting Casey on the stand.

"We don't believe the jurors that we are going to pick will find her guilty because she wrote some bad checks," he said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: January 26, 2010, 06:00:13 AM »

Issues 1/25/10 Casey Anthony - Jose Live On Air
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwZxxAXxq4U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/OwZxxAXxq4U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: January 26, 2010, 06:38:48 AM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/content/news/local/story/Casey-Anthony-now-a-felon/5jW53J3tbUmA9f40DpM-qg.cspx
Casey Anthony now a felon
Reported by: Cary Williams
Email: cwilliams@abcactionnews.com
Last Update: 6:23 am
ORLANDO, FL -- Casey Anthony is now a convicted felon.

The 23-year-old pleaded guilty Monday to 13 counts of check fraud.  She was sentenced to time already served.

"I'm sorry for what I did," Casey said. "I sincerely apologize to Amy. I wish I would have been a better friend."

She stole hundreds of dollars from  former friend Amy Huizenga. The crimes were committed around the same time that Casey's daughter, Caylee Anthony was missing in the summer of 2008. The 2-year-old's remains were found later that year.

During Monday's hearing, Circuit Judge Stan Strickland found her guilty on six counts and withheld adjudication for the other seven counts.

“I've done what I think is fair based on what I know,” Strickland said.

Casey remains in the Orange County Jail, waiting for her first-degree murder trial.   She's accused of murdering her daughter.  Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Anthony's murder trial was scheduled to begin this summer but prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick said Monday that seemed unlikely.
The judge also ruled that Anthony's attorneys can interview the ex-wife of the meter reader who found Caylee's body. Casey Anthony's attorneys said Roy Kronk's ex-wife could offer testimony that supports the contention that Kronk should be a suspect.

Detectives have said repeatedly that Kronk is not a suspect and that the evidence points to Anthony.
Copyright 2010 The E.W. Scripps Co. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: January 26, 2010, 08:27:28 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/casey-anthony%E2%80%99s-body-language-in-court-reflects-phony-non-tears-fake-sniffles-and-an-empty-apology/

Casey Anthony’s Body Language in Court Reflects Phony Non- Tears, Fake Sniffles, and An Empty Apology

Is there a hearing today or is that a mistake on the docket? Anyone?

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: January 26, 2010, 08:32:38 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-blasts-media-coverage-20100126,0,5643842.story
Casey Anthony attorney: Media should back off

By Kevin P. Connolly, Amy L. Edwards and Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel

8:03 a.m. EST, January 26, 2010
An attorney for accused child killer Casey Anthony said on the Today Show this morning that the media needs to "take a different look at itself."

The recorded comments from Andrea Lyon comes one day after Anthony, accused of killing daughter Caylee Marie Anthony, made headlines after being found guilty on six charges related to a check-fraud case.

The piece on the Today Show noted Monday's verdict and included information about the Anthony-inspired play in Australia called "Tot Mom."

When a reporter asked Lyon about the play's significance and coverage of the Anthony case, she said:

"It tells me that the media process needs to take a different look at itself. You know, it's one thing to cover a trial and cover a case. It's another thing to create one."

Lyon has been critical of the media in the past.

Anthony, 23, is being held without bond at the Orange County Jail on a charge of first-degree murder, accused of killing her daughter in 2008.

She pleaded not guilty in the murder case.

On Monday, she pleaded guilty to 13 charges in a check-fraud case.
Orange County Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland found Anthony guilty on six of the charges: one count of grand theft, four counts of check forgery, and fraudulent use of personal identification.

Strickland withheld adjudication for the remaining seven counts.

He sentenced Anthony to time served — 412 days she's already been jailed — and one year of probation. He also ordered her to pay the court and investigative costs associated with the check-fraud case.

Anthony was charged with stealing hundreds of dollars from a friend, Amy Huizenga, in July 2008.

Anthony is accused of using Huizenga's checks to buy more than $400 worth of clothes and groceries at area Target and Winn-Dixie stores.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.