May 21, 2024, 08:03:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #642 6/19 - 6/20/2007  (Read 154174 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2007, 08:33:34 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
FYI - Looks like MIP6 has deleted that post now  Wink

He probably learned that from Reality. He deletes all of his posts to.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2007, 08:35:47 PM »

Evening monkeys! What's going on tonight? Is Beth writing a book? Where is this letter from Dåve and Robin? What have I missed? TIA!

Bring Natalee home...
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2007, 08:35:50 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
We are confident that accountabilty at all levels is at hand.
Well, that is a sentence that leaves a person wondering, n'est pas ?
As far as what Beth spends her money on... I do not care. She gets a speakers fee and probably expenses to cover her costs. Should she go penniless ? Should she wear sackcloth and ashes and tear her hair out until the end of her days ? Maybe she should only have a glass of water and a crust of bread each day. And sleep on a bed of nails. Would that make the cooty posters happy ?

I so agree Kat_Gram,
It is her foundation. She is the one doing the work and getting paid for it. She should be able to do what she pleases with her earned income the same way those posters can spend their earned income the way they please.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2007, 08:36:11 PM »

For some strange reason, I am all of a sudden looking forward to Carla's show tomorrow.... beats the hell outta this crap tonight anyway.

Who really wants to see anyone not supporting the boycott?

If this was the case along.... I should have just kept going and I would have my Friends of Aruba Certificate by now... not to mention the hours spent and dollars doled.

Now all I'm in line for is public enemy number one!!!!

Man -  this blows.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: June 19, 2007, 08:36:12 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"

I still hope you "insiders" here are following this up w/ Dave, Beth, etc.!!

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: June 19, 2007, 08:37:38 PM »

Quote from: "wreck"
The tourism numbers are  compared to 2006 which for the most part showed a decline over previous years. A very unofficial marker is try to book a flight to  aruba for say this saturday from jfk, or next saturday all flights are full, and jetblue flies 2xdaily. Believe me I am not happy about this. It is just what I see. As far as the occupancy rates, I do not understand them. Some hotels timeshares are under construction so not fit for occupancy, I don't know how these figure in the equation. Then there are places that always seem to have rooms available because they are so poor they are not worth it no matter the cost ie Mill Resort.

http://www.jetblueairways.com/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

http://tinyurl.com/2bgmk3

JetBlue was the airline I used. They weren't flying to Aruba in 2005. Now they fly 2x daily from JFK.
Flight Occupancy is no indicator! How many total flights/seats are they flying today than in 2005? After 9/11 -- airlines flights were "full" but they had 30% fewer flights -- of course the remaining flights were full.

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: June 19, 2007, 08:38:16 PM »

what blows Rob? What have I missed?

Bring Natalee home...
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: June 19, 2007, 08:38:44 PM »

The tourism numbers are  compared to 2006 which for the most part showed a decline over previous years. A very unofficial marker is try to book a flight to  aruba for say this saturday from jfk, or next saturday all flights are full, and jetblue flies 2xdaily. Believe me I am not happy about this. It is just what I see. As far as the occupancy rates, I do not understand them. Some hotels timeshares are under construction so not fit for occupancy, I don't know how these figure in the equation. Then there are places that always seem to have rooms available because they are so poor they are not worth it no matter the cost ie Mill Resort.

Flight Occupancy is no indicator! How many total flights/seats are they flying today than in 2005? After 9/11 -- airlines flights were "full" but they had 30% fewer flights -- of course the remaining flights were full.

Sorry screwed up the quote above post.

JetBlue was the airline I used. They weren't flying to Aruba in 2005. Now they fly 2x daily from JFK.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2007, 08:38:47 PM »

IMO
 It was only the darksiders that attributed the initial boycott to Beth and/or Dr. Phil.  By that time, I recognized two problems: JK2 had done something to Natalee AND for some reason, there was some type of cover up vs. total ineptness.  Before the letter to boycott was published (which included parents and stepparents), I believe other avenues had been pursued (Jug requested no boycott, originally; Dave figured there was corruption).  By this time, it wouldn't have mattered what Beth or Phil or anyone would have said.  This island was off my list.
Only people educated in the "do what I say" leadership style, would even think Beth or any family member had or have the power to dictate my thoughts.
This island is dependent on tourism.  The leadership benefit from the tourism.  The only way to make a difference is to attempt an economical influence.  I also have seen the numbers and by viewing the picture sites, it appears to me, that fewer Americans are partying.
Some people rethink and try a "turn the cheek" "Christian" approach.  Some planners know how to pull the strings on these people.  I say remember the crusades.  Being nice was tried (I can hear the "the people have been so helpful"...still).  

Janet, I agreed with everything you posted.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »

Yep - so there's no evidence  Wink
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2007, 08:39:41 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
what blows Rob? What have I missed?

I was just kidding Mishy.

How ya been? I sure hope terrific! Very Happy

+++

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2007, 08:41:40 PM »

I've been OK Rob. I like your fun, new avatar  Laughing How YOU doin?

Bring Natalee home...
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2007, 08:41:53 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
For some strange reason, I am all of a sudden looking forward to Carla's show tomorrow.... beats the hell outta this crap tonight anyway.

Who really wants to see anyone not supporting the boycott?

If this was the case along.... I should have just kept going and I would have my Friends of Aruba Certificate by now... not to mention the hours spent and dollars doled.

Now all I'm in line for is public enemy number one!!!!

Man -  this blows.

I think it will be a very interesting show and I’m sure it will ruffle some feathers.  But, I just don’t see it as a serious aspect of the investigation.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2007, 08:42:00 PM »

I am making the assumption that any Trust is subject to the laws of the land. If they have a charitable donation registration number for the tax deduction, then there are laws that govern the trust thru your IRS. And statements have to be filed. I am speaking from a Canadian perspective, but the US laws have to be comparable.
Her speakers fees are different, it would be like earnngs.
What Beth does is subject to too much scrutiny over there. They just talk thru their ass*s.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: June 19, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »

So, is Beth writing a book? And where can I find this letter?

Bring Natalee home...
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2007, 08:42:46 PM »

Question  Question  Question

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2007, 08:43:23 PM »

BY the way - - -

Michael Bloomberg has left the GOP.. see good news is always one click away.  Smile  Very Happy  Smile

He remain unaffiliated with a political party and reality.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_170181024.html

+++

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2007, 08:43:58 PM »

Sorry screwed up the quote above post.

What I am saying is you have to take into account ALL airline flights into Aruba now as compared to 2005. Has American or Delta cut daily flights?? I believe so. Also, I believe Jet Blue used to fly there more than 2x a day (not sure).  Are American and Delta flying smaler planes there now?? You must look at the BIG picture!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: June 19, 2007, 08:46:31 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
So, is Beth writing a book? And where can I find this letter?

Here is the link to the post (not letter) that was posted by Robin at BFN:

http://tinyurl.com/39x3ed

As far as Beth writing a book, I think she is but I know nothing about it.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: June 19, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »

Question  Question  Question

Sorry, I didn't mean to infer you were an "insider!! Very Happy  I was trying to make a point for ANYONE that might have access to dave or Beth to track down  a response!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.