May 04, 2024, 04:36:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 568786 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #500 on: June 17, 2010, 12:19:27 AM »

Apologies if this was posted before. I find it very interesting and how easy Kyron could have been lured away by someone who he thought was a police officer since his step- dad is an officer. I hadn't thought this scenario until I read this. This man is still wanted and this happened in Portland also.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=71863

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
pamomma
Scared Monkey

« Reply #501 on: June 17, 2010, 08:54:55 AM »

if you click on the first link and go to pages 5 & 6, there are some family photos...all of Kyron with Dad, Stepmom,Little sister and sometimes big brother.   

If we are going to judge Stepmom for not being in enough pics with Kyron...then is anyone going to ask where the pictures are of him with his Birth mother?? Because I haven't seen 1 single picture of them together.

Not trying to sound critical of anyone...but we have all been judging SM for this and that...what about his Birth mother?  Why wasn't she at the science fair, or the talent show, where are the loving pictures of her with Kyron?  I read an article saying Dad and SM drove him to her house for visits...why couldn't she come to him?  I'm not suggesting she is responsible for his disappearance...I'm just pointing out that she does not appear to be very involved with Kyron, even less than his stepmother.

Thanks for those links, pamomma, will check them out. 

You have good questions regarding the biomom.  I don't know the answers to those either, wish we did. 

I don't have a fixation on any one person over another, and don't think many others in here do either.  Some of us haven't had a chance to post each and every theory yet.  (Example, I have many questions about the principal.  Just haven't gone there yet).  Some we may still be gathering info on, waiting for further info about, etc.  If and when there's an angle you want discussed, that hasn't been discussed yet, then just toss it into the mix, ask away.  Am thinking that we're very early on into this case, 1st thread, page 24 last I looked.  Am fairly certain that by the 24th thread, page 24, someone somewhere will have mentioned every single possible person and viewpoint in this case that there is to discuss.  And even then, someone will likely come along and say, 'Heyyyyy what about ..... ??' And many of us will go yeah, what about that!!  LOL  Know what I mean?  Smile 

Whenever anyone begins a sentence with... "Not trying to sound critical of anyone...but  ...... "  Then honestly, very often whatever follows is gonna be exactly that.  Even with good intentions.  Just saying...

Although 'some' of us have been questioning this and that in this case, we have not *all* been doing so.  Some have sat quietly by and just read.  Some have been offering updates/links/pics/prayers/support/answers as possible.  Some have offered their 'viewpoints' without questions.  Not *all* have been questioning or even IMO judging.  Asking questions about something or someone.. isn't necessarily the same as 'judging' whatever/whoever that is.  There's a difference.  IMO.

Wyks- I apologize for the snarky tone of my post...I honestly didn't mean for it to come off as it did (after rereading it I realize it was worded rather harshly) to be honest I wasn't even referring to the monkey's in particular, I had been reading comments and discussion on the Kyron Facebook page, and some of the posters on there are just on a persecution mission of the SM, with no basis or theory...just mainly b/c they feel she should have been at the talent show or should have walked him into his classroom, and I just thought, maybe she should have, but then again, maybe his bio dad or bio mom should have been doing those things too.  I am a child or divorce and I have a stepmom, who loves me like her flesh and blood, I guess I just let the posts get to me.  I apologize and hope there are no hard feelings.  You are right, there are many discussion left to have about this case, I just hope we have some kind of resolution soon.

I know many (probably all) of us are really taking this case to heart and the frustration with everything is really starting to wear on me (and probably many others). 

I would love to hear your thoughts on the principal!  I really feel something is off with someone in that school..teacher/principal...but I just can't understand why LE would continue allowing them to be around children, and be so convinced it was an isolated incident if that were the case
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #502 on: June 17, 2010, 12:28:02 PM »

Wyks- I apologize for the snarky tone of my post...I honestly didn't mean for it to come off as it did (after rereading it I realize it was worded rather harshly) to be honest I wasn't even referring to the monkey's in particular, I had been reading comments and discussion on the Kyron Facebook page, and some of the posters on there are just on a persecution mission of the SM, with no basis or theory...just mainly b/c they feel she should have been at the talent show or should have walked him into his classroom, and I just thought, maybe she should have, but then again, maybe his bio dad or bio mom should have been doing those things too.  I am a child or divorce and I have a stepmom, who loves me like her flesh and blood, I guess I just let the posts get to me.  I apologize and hope there are no hard feelings.  You are right, there are many discussion left to have about this case, I just hope we have some kind of resolution soon.

I know many (probably all) of us are really taking this case to heart and the frustration with everything is really starting to wear on me (and probably many others). 

I would love to hear your thoughts on the principal!  I really feel something is off with someone in that school..teacher/principal...but I just can't understand why LE would continue allowing them to be around children, and be so convinced it was an isolated incident if that were the case

Awww pamomma ~ ~ no hard feelings here!  Been there myself, too many times to count.  Razz 

Totally understand about reading over there, eeeeep!  Sometimes folks can get the totally wrong idea, like I did in this case.  (probably at least once, mwahaha).  I saw in the stepmom's facebook the times she had been in there and ran in here telling everybody, look look!  lol  other monkeys kindly pointing out the 'time thang' with facebook, which gosh changes the whole idea.  We have a type of 'check n balance' in here, bringing thoughts/ideas to the table, going with stuff that works, tossing out others that don't.  Over there where you are speaking of, no form of 'check n balance' going on.  Makes it a skeeeeery place.  IMO.

Very definitely in cases like this, passion can run high, frustration set in.  It's how I get the yard/garden weeded.  lol  Saving those for when I need to take a break from this frustration.  (and am welcome to the neighbors farm patch when I run out.  LOL) 

I agree pamomma, something is off at that school.  Perhaps something that doesn't even have to do with Kyron's gone missing.  Am betting that this case will uncover whatever that is.  Whether they make it public or not, that remains to be seen. 

Having finished yet with my thoughts on the principal.  Yet what struck me first is that he stayed SO very quietly in the background, for so long.  Even when he did finally speak, at a recent presser, he said 'this is a criminal investigation', (before that had been announced publically by LE), and the good sheriff couldn't get him out of there fast enough.  Abruptly ending the presser.  Not very long after that, it was announced publically that there had been a shift of direction, this case is now being considered a 'criminal investigation'.  Well duh, the principal already spilled the beans on that.  lol 

But what I feel is odd is the silence of the principal, before/after that presser.  What principal does that, when something happens at their school or involving a student there?  My SIL is the principal of an elem. school, and although the school district has a spokesperson, the principals speak to the press at times as well.  In positive situations, it's to show that the school as one offers congrats, support, praise/recognition to student/family, whatever the event is.  In negative situations, it's to do the same with condolences, offer/rally support, updates, calm fears etc of other parents within the community, and etc. 
What principal wouldn't step in front of the camera either beaming with pride, or calmly speaking to the frightened parents of his school and others in the public?  What principal seems to allow the sheriff to do that for him?  If my student attended that school, I wanna see the principal step out and help calm things down. 

The principals in son's school out in Cali did that.  They do it here in Nebraska.  When needed of course, it's not needed often, but makes a diff when it is.  In Cali, one day a few students (HS) brought guns on campus.  The day ended with a 250 student on student riot, a lot of arrests, and the guns consficated, with no injuries, thank God.  On the news that night, of course we wanted to see a presser and our local sheriff, who tried to calm the parents. 

What WE parents waited for, during that presser, was to be reassured by our very own principal, that tomorrow would be a safer day because of x, y, and z.  That's what I'm talking about here, in Kyron's case.  Why wasn't that ever offered by the principal to the parents of his students? 

Not trying to judge him or his non-actions.  Trying to understand where the heck he is coming from, regarding this case. 

And of course, all IMO.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #503 on: June 17, 2010, 12:35:10 PM »

Hmmm well.. forgot to add..

Perhaps the principal DID offer that support to the parents of Kyron's school, and we as the public just didn't see it.  Perhaps that happened on the local news and didn't go national.  I do take that into consideration as well.  And am hoping that it happened.  Haven't read that it happened, maybe another monkey has, and I missed it?? 

atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #504 on: June 17, 2010, 12:46:03 PM »

Apologies if this was posted before. I find it very interesting and how easy Kyron could have been lured away by someone who he thought was a police officer since his step- dad is an officer. I hadn't thought this scenario until I read this. This man is still wanted and this happened in Portland also.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=71863

My thoughts exactly.  I think he was lured away by someone who said they were friends of the family.  It will be very easy for this to happen.  It has made me think about my own son's school. 
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: June 17, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »

I am very frustrated knowing that there are people out there who would refuse to allow LE to search their property or homes when a Child is reported missing. Don't they want to be ruled out??????
Those people create suspicion by their own doing imvh!

I am not sure who said it but whomever it was you are right! Who would do such a thing????

For all anyone would know Kyron could be in one of those homes or on the property somewhere!

Is it lack of compassion?

FTLOG, concern for this missing little boy and for your own piece of mind let LE SEARCH!

Seriously!!!! What if Kyron were somehow being restrained in one of these homes unable to communicate even as LE is knocking on the door????

O/T The principal at my Children's school is terrific. I wish there were one of him at every school across the Nation. (To many great things to list about him and the school policies etc...but I am serious!)

PS O/T what is up with the server? It's difficult to post and/or refresh the pages?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #506 on: June 17, 2010, 01:38:51 PM »

I do not necessarily believe that Kyron would have to know the person who had taken him from the school. I am not saying that he didn't know the person but Children are very trusting and reliant upon adults and Children have also been taught to feel safe at school.

O/T
(Heck when I was groing up the only persons any of the Children had to worry about were the class/school bullies. I remember getting into a tangle with a few of the bullies from time to time and of course I was the one who got into trouble over the whole deal too...Just sayin...)

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: June 17, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »

O/T O/T O/T
(Insert embarrassed faced smiley here.)

I feel compelled to explain myself now ummm OK so one day I was ill and couldn't attend class. My friend and I had been harrassed non stop by one boy who was very mean. On that day said boy intentionally shoved my friend off the swings causing both of her arms to be broken. When I came back to school I found out about the incident and I tackled him and made him eat sawdust.

(I feel bad about it now but at the time I felt he deserved it?)

I wonder though, since Kryon's SM had worked/volunteered at the school, if there were any issues with other students or student's Parents for whatever reason???

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #508 on: June 17, 2010, 02:46:17 PM »

Does anyone associated with the school know if there WAS an electrical project on display at the science fair?

Hi MadMom,

The only mention I've heard of it is from Kyron's lil friend Tanner.  Maybe someone else has read if that was confirmed by the school or a local? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #509 on: June 17, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »

Saw this on Kyron's site on facebook. Haven't seen the video yet but several people are commenting on it.

"I found this video interesting on Koin tv. They have a few others, this one mentions the "mystery white truck" that people have seen around the house the day on or after (??) Kyron went missing. Now it's being towed away to a shop? Also one of the Koin videos mentioned there was undercover agents at the vigil last night, and that of course they won... See More't say what they saw or discovered. not sure if this link will work or not:
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=16810@koin.web.entriq.net&navCatId=156
The video is 3rd down on the list PRAYER VIGIL FOR HOPE and is about 7:49 long. I just found it interesting myself"

Hi Lenie,

Have read that the white truck at their home needed repair, wasn't towed by LE or anything. 

It's pretty dang confusing, all the different trucks being chatted about.  Heard about a white one, a red one, and a black one.  Makes my head spin! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #510 on: June 17, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »

Patricia,
Seems that sometimes the only way a 'bully' is gonna learn is the hard way.  Showing em what it feels like to be bullied sometimes makes em think twice about doing that stuff ever again.  Sometimes not.  lol  Yet IMO, good for you for stepping up!  Seems when a scuffle happens on the playground, etc., it's often the last one seen who gets into trouble.  Cannot count the times I've tried explaining to school monitors to get the whole story before handing out penalties.  Sometimes the whole thing has been caused by a third kid, who starts the prob then steps back.  (one of my son's did that, the brat, and I made sure he got suspended right along with the rest of em, for fighting, he started it). 

Being bullied at school, in the neighborhood, is certainly one of the possibilities in this case.  Kyron seemed like a more timid type boy, not a trouble-causer.  That's just my impression.  Yet even the timid ones have their limits.  Could he have been bullied over something that day?  Teased?  I dunno.  It's something that has crossed the minds of many.  Cuz several were trying to find out if any of the 'older' elem. students were gone (or late, left early) that day.  Would be interesting to know that.  Would think that LE would have already checked things from that angle, just wish they'd tell us, if true. 

Dang I have such a weird need to know everything LE is/has/plans to do.  <shakes head sadly>

marycat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #511 on: June 17, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »

I was wondering if that is a sure thing that the stepfather is a Medford detective? I know he isn't the Tony Young that was on the K-9 unit with his dog Okee because I saw a photo and that Tony Young was smaller and darker. Here is a link to a photo of the Medford CID unit in 2007 and I don't recognize him as one of those detectives, but I have old eyes - lol. I zoomed in 400% on the photo with my zoom feature in my browser, so it was large and clear, but no Tony??? Maybe he wasn't in that dept in 2007? Or???

http://www.ci.medford.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=1766
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #512 on: June 17, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »

Missing Oregon Boy's Picture on Various Portland Billboards
Missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman's picture is now on 30 donated billboards across Portland, Oregon.

Posted: 6:06 AM Jun 17, 2010

snip...

Retired Police Officer C.W. Jensen says investigators are not saying much because they're busy trying to build a solid case and reveal where Kyron could be.

snip...

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/96551344.html?ref=344

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #513 on: June 17, 2010, 06:57:22 PM »

Missing Oregon Boy's Picture on Various Portland Billboards
Missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman's picture is now on 30 donated billboards across Portland, Oregon.

Posted: 6:06 AM Jun 17, 2010

snip...

Retired Police Officer C.W. Jensen says investigators are not saying much because they're busy trying to build a solid case and reveal where Kyron could be.

snip...

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/96551344.html?ref=344

Curious choice of words for Officer Jensen.

This could mean that they have a person they are building a solid case against.

And, they have an idea where Kyron is, and they are planning to reveal where he could be.

I guess they will reveal once he's found... ?

Maybe he is being a little optimistic.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: June 17, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »

http://www.nwcn.com/video?id=96573824&sec=577852
VIDEO-

National 'People' magazine to feature Kyron Horman case   

Posted on June 17, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Updated today at 12:11 PM

The disappearance of seven-year-old Kyron Horman continues to touch the hearts of people in Portland and across the nation who want to help.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: June 17, 2010, 09:23:01 PM »

http://www.kxl.com/EXCLUSIVE--AUDIO--Kyron-Rumors-Addressed--More-Exp/7493973
EXCLUSIVE AUDIO: Kyron Rumors Addressed; More Exposure
June 17, 2010

Click on Audio symbol in article (link at top of this post) to listen.

Audio:
After a week of rumors following the scaled back search for Kyron Horman, the Multnomah County Sheriff's office speaks out on KXL about these false claims and how it affects the family.  KXL's Chris Brown talked with Lieutenant Mary Lindstrand in this online exclusive:

Audio:
For the second time, the Kyron Horman disappearance will be featured on "America's Most Wanted" Saturday night.  Hear this report from KXL's Lacey Evans with the show's host:

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: June 17, 2010, 09:26:45 PM »

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/17/sources-search-for-kyron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/
Sources: Search for Kyron Horman Focuses on Step-Mom, Cell Records
June 17, 2010

As the search for 7-year-old Kyron Horman continues, one of the most puzzling aspects has been rescue teams’ repeated and intensive searches of Sauvie Island.

The island is more than five miles from rural Skyline Elementary School, where Horman was reported missing June 4. But rescuers on horseback, on foot and in dive teams have repeatedly scoured the island beginning around June 10 and continuing this week — even after Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton called off other major search operations last Sunday.

WW has learned that federal, county and city law-enforcement officials say the reason for the search of Sauvie Island is that cell-phone records reveal Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, may have been on the island the day he disappeared.

And as searchers comb the island, law-enforcement officials say the investigation is increasingly focusing on the step-mother, because of problems with her account of what she was doing the day Kyron went missing.

This information comes from five separate law-enforcement officials from agencies at the city, county and federal level. To our knowledge, none is directly involved with the investigation.

But several said they’ve heard the same or similar accounts from multiple officials in the law-enforcement community. All agreed that Terri Moulton Horman has become a main focus of police attention because of problems with her story.

Four of the sources say they’ve heard Horman’s story doesn’t jibe with her cell-phone records from June 4.

Cell phones send off a signal called a “ping” to the nearest cell-phone tower when the phone is in use. With the help of cell-phone companies, law-enforcement officials and rescuers can use those signals to locate people (there’s an explanation from the Chicago Tribune here).

Horman has been the source of public speculation since early in the investigation. She reported seeing Kyron last in a school hallway about 8:45 a.m., when she says she was leaving him at the school and he was on his way to his homeroom.

Skeptics latched on to the fact Horman wrote on her Facebook page she was “hitting the gym.” To some, that seemed out of character for a parent with a missing child. Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office officials explained at a news conference that they’d told the family to continue their normal routine and try to stay healthy.

Members of the family spoke out for the first time publicly at a news conference June 11, but they did not take questions from reporters. Terri Moulton Horman is the second woman from the left in the photo below. She’s seen comforting Kyron’s biological mother, Desiree Young.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #517 on: June 17, 2010, 09:27:53 PM »

this is an interesting article, it is from a blog but it's saying that apparently step mom could be a suspect...not sure how accurate it is but i personally believe it could be accurate, where there is smoke there is usually fire in my opinion

http://gawker.com/5566578/missing-oregon-second-grader-maybe-it-was-the-stepmother
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: June 17, 2010, 09:28:53 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Rumors-swirl-around-Horman-investigation/WPjHVDbfQkulpM6um9gubQ.cspx

Rumors swirl around Horman investigation

Last Update: 4:33 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Internet may have made communication and access to information easier (at least more convenient), but www could stand for the Wild Wild West instead of World Wide Web when it comes to verification of rumors.

A sad case in point is a torrent of “news” swirling around the Kyron Horman investigation.

Multiple postings on multiple web sites claim multiple outcomes—some have various people arrested, others have various results to the search for the missing 2nd grader—all of which the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office have denounced

“The social networking sites with Twitter and Facebook, someone posts something and it gets out there,” said Mary Lindstrom with Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. “There is a rumor out there that Kyron’s been found and someone’s been arrested. No, that has not happened. It’s not true.”

Lindstrom said rumors on websites are hurtful.

“If a family member reads that, they would get their hopes up,” she said. “People need to be careful about what they are posting. There’s a lot at risk. The family is going through a lot.”

In addition to rumors on the web, people soliciting donation to help with the search effort or to give to the family may not be who they claim.

“It’s sad, but it happens in a lot of tragedies were people pull these scams,” Lindstrom said. “Be aware that people will take advantage of you when there is a tragedy going on.”

Along with online scams asking for donations, scam artists have been calling people asking for money.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office said the Horman family has not asked anyone to call for donations.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #519 on: June 17, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »

Here's the content for the link that Sunshine provided upthread.  Basically similiar info that we are reading in other areas as well. 

Missing Oregon Second Grader: Maybe It Was the Stepmother?

http://gawker.com/5566578/missing-oregon-second-grader-maybe-it-was-the-stepmother?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gawker%2Ffull+%28Gawker%29

Oregon second-grader Kyron Horman vanished without a trace from his Portland elementary school nearly two weeks ago. Now the investigation has begun to focus on his stepmother, and her trip to a nearby island on the day of Horman's disappearance.

Kyron Horman's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, says the last time she saw the seven year-old he was just 100 feet away from his second grade classroom. Last week we made fun of amateur Internet sleuths who pinned Kyron's disappearance on Moulton Horman, basing their conclusion solely on the fact she coldly posted a Facebook status update about her trip to the gym a few hours after reporting Kyron missing. It just seemed too obvious! But now, the Portland alt-weekly Willamette Week reports that she has indeed "become a main focus of police attention because of problems with her story."

This attention stems from the fact that Moulton Horman's account of the day Kyron disappeared doesn't match her cell-phone records. Recently, police dive teams have been searching the waters around an island just outside Portland. According to Willamette Week, Moulton Horman's cell phone records put her on the island June 4th, the day Kyron disappeared.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.