May 04, 2024, 11:21:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teleka Patrick, 33, Missing Kalamazoo Mi since Dec 5, 2013  (Read 61125 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »

http://fox17online.com/2014/02/24/missing-in-west-michigan-the-search-for-dr-teleka-patrick/
Missing in West Michigan: The Search for Dr. Teleka Patrick
February 24, 2014

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2014, 07:49:37 PM »

http://wwmt.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wwmt_3-months-later-new-developments-teleka-patrick-disappearance-18879.shtml
3 months later, new developments in Teleka Patrick disappearance
March 5, 2014

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2014, 07:50:48 PM »

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/investigations/where-is-dr-teleka-patrick-unravelling-the-strange-story-of-missing-michigan-woman
Where is Dr. Teleka Patrick? Unraveling the strange story of missing Michigan woman
March 5, 2014

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2014, 07:52:10 PM »

http://fox17online.com/2014/03/05/telekas-family-join-us-in-wearing-red-prayer-on-3-month-anniv-of-disappearance/
Teleka’s Family: Join Us in Wearing Red, Prayer on 3-Month Anniv. of Disappearance
March 5, 2014

ALAMAZOO, Mich. (March 5, 2014) — Wednesday marks three months since Teleka Patrick was last seen, and her family is reaching out through social media. They are asking people to join them in wearing Teleka’s favorite color, red, and join them in prayer.

“Three months of sadness, loss, tears, questions, prayers, hope, despair, ambivalence, fear, disappointment, pain, faith, and longing,” said Teleka’s sister, Tenesha, on the Find Teleka Facebook page.  “Teleka is still missing and we still have no answers.”

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2014, 12:29:04 PM »

this is a really sad case.  I still don't know what to think about her disappearance.  I just can't wrap my mind around someone walking away from their vehicle, late at night, on an interstate and just disappearing.  It is just too dangerous to leave your car and walk away. 

I hope they find answers soon.  The longer this goes on the less hope they have of a good outcome.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2014, 12:59:49 AM »

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/investigations/13-on-your-side/2014/03/12/private-investigator-shares-opinion-in-teleka-patrick-case/6336927/

Private investigator: Keep looking into Marvin Sapp
10:48 p.m. EDT March 12, 2014

"The pastor is nothing more than an innocent victim of an apparent stalking, he has been thoroughly cooperative. I will say he is not a suspect in her disappearance," said Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller.

But Carlin has a different opinion. "I don't agree with Sheriff Fuller, he knows more than I do, but the relationship with the church she was trying to become a member of, I think there is more to that. I hope police are looking at alternatives."

It's been just over three months and still no sign of Taleka. Carlin says one positive is that the Teleka Patrick case is getting national attention and he's still hopeful she'll be found alive.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2014, 01:05:39 AM »

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/555237-marvin-sapp-isnt-suspect-in-teleka-patrick-case-rumors-go-viral/

Marvin Sapp is Not a Suspect in Teleka Patrick Case; But Rumors Goes Viral
By Jack Phillips, Epoch Times | March 11, 2014
Last Updated: March 12, 2014 10:54 am

Marvin Sapp, the Gospel singer and preacher, is not a suspect in the disappearance of Teleka Patrick, which took place several months ago, but a viral rumor is saying otherwise as of Tuesday.

One viral e-mail message that has been going around says, “I heard that Marvin Sapp is currently the primary suspect in the case of the missing doctor, Teleka Patrick of Kalamazoo, Michigan.”

However, it was determined several months ago that Sapp wasn’t a suspect, according to Michigan news website MLive.com.

“He is nothing more than an innocent victim of stalking,” Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller told MLive, referring to Sapp. ”He is not a suspect,” Fuller added.

Sapp, at the time, “fully cooperated” with the police investigation involving Patrick’s odd disappearance.

But on Monday and Tuesday, users on Facebook and Twitter were saying that Sapp was a “suspect” in her disappearance, citing no sources. The messages appear to just to a viral rumor.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2014, 10:30:24 AM »

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/555237-marvin-sapp-isnt-suspect-in-teleka-patrick-case-rumors-go-viral/

Marvin Sapp is Not a Suspect in Teleka Patrick Case; But Rumors Goes Viral
By Jack Phillips, Epoch Times | March 11, 2014
Last Updated: March 12, 2014 10:54 am

Marvin Sapp, the Gospel singer and preacher, is not a suspect in the disappearance of Teleka Patrick, which took place several months ago, but a viral rumor is saying otherwise as of Tuesday.

One viral e-mail message that has been going around says, “I heard that Marvin Sapp is currently the primary suspect in the case of the missing doctor, Teleka Patrick of Kalamazoo, Michigan.”

However, it was determined several months ago that Sapp wasn’t a suspect, according to Michigan news website MLive.com.

“He is nothing more than an innocent victim of stalking,” Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller told MLive, referring to Sapp. ”He is not a suspect,” Fuller added.

Sapp, at the time, “fully cooperated” with the police investigation involving Patrick’s odd disappearance.

But on Monday and Tuesday, users on Facebook and Twitter were saying that Sapp was a “suspect” in her disappearance, citing no sources. The messages appear to just to a viral rumor.

Rumors can be and often are so harmful to so many people!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2014, 03:32:39 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindTeleka/posts/545427792241345

Find Teleka
1 min ·

Our family was informed that a body was found that may be our daughter Teleka Patrick. We are waiting for official confirmation from the Kalamazoo Sheriff’s Department and have no comment at this time. Thank you for your continued prayers-we ask that you respect our privacy at this difficult time.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2014, 03:41:59 PM »

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/06/teleka-patricks-body-found-in-porter-ind/

Mom: Teleka Patrick’s body found in Porter, Ind.

By 24 Hour News 8 web staff Updated: Sunday, April 6, 2014, 3:33 pm Published: Sunday, April 6, 2014, 3:17 pm

PORTER, Ind. (WOOD) — The body of missing Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick has been located in a lake in northern Indiana, according to Patrick’s mother.

Police have not yet officially identified the body pulled Sunday morning from Lake Charles near the town of Porter, according to a release from the Indiana Sate Police. However, Patrick’s mother told 24 Hour News 8 in a Sunday afternoon phone interview that it was Patrick’s body. She said that her family is in mourning and declined further comment.

A man fishing on Lake Charles noticed something suspicious floating in the water around 7:10 a.m. Sunday, the release from Indiana State Police says. He called police.

The Indiana State police SCUBA team and Porter Fire and Rescue responded to the scene and pulled the body of a female dressed in dark clothing from the water, the release said.

An autopsy is scheduled for later this week, police said.

Authorities searched Lake Charles in January when it was still frozen over, but that search did not reveal anything related to Patrick’s case. Last week, authorities also conducted a land search near where Patrick’s car was found. That search was also fruitless.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2014, 03:54:12 PM »

Mom: Teleka Patrick’s body found in Porter, Ind.

By 24 Hour News 8 web staff Updated: Sunday, April 6, 2014, 3:33 pm Published: Sunday, April 6, 2014, 3:17 pm

PORTER, Ind. (WOOD) — The body of missing Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick has been located in a lake in northern Indiana, according to Patrick’s mother.

Police have not yet officially identified the body pulled Sunday morning from Lake Charles near the town of Porter, according to a release from the Indiana Sate Police. However, Patrick’s mother told 24 Hour News 8 in a Sunday afternoon phone interview that it was Patrick’s body. She said that her family is in mourning and declined further comment.

A man fishing on Lake Charles noticed something suspicious floating in the water around 7:10 a.m. Sunday, the release from Indiana State Police says. He called police.

The Indiana State police SCUBA team and Porter Fire and Rescue responded to the scene and pulled the body of a female dressed in dark clothing from the water, the release said.

An autopsy is scheduled for later this week, police said.

Authorities searched Lake Charles in January when it was still frozen over, but that search did not reveal anything related to Patrick’s case. Last week, authorities also conducted a land search near where Patrick’s car was found. That search was also fruitless.

They have now "updated" the article...

Family: ‘Body may be Teleka Patrick’

By 24 Hour News 8 web staff Updated: Sunday, April 6, 2014, 3:54 pm Published: Sunday, April 6, 2014, 3:17 pm

PORTER, Ind. (WOOD) — The body of missing Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick may have been located in a lake in northern Indiana.

Police have not yet officially identified the body pulled Sunday morning from Lake Charles near the town of Porter, according to a release from the Indiana Sate Police. However, Patrick’s mother told 24 Hour News 8 over the phone on Sunday afternoon that it was Patrick’s body. She said that her family is in mourning and declined further comment.

After Patrick’s mother’s call, another family member called back and said they were waiting for confirmation of the body’s identity, which they had not yet received. They then sent this statement:

“Our family was informed that a body was found that may be our daughter Teleka Patrick. We are waiting for official confirmation from the Kalamazoo Sheriff’s Department and have no comment at this time. Thank you for your continued prayers-we ask that you respect our privacy at this difficult time.”

Chuck Harris, the Porter County coroner, told 24 Hour News 8 in a Sunday afternoon phone interview that no positive identity has been made on the body. An autopsy is scheduled for the beginning of the week, he said, possibly on Tuesday.

He said due to the decomposition of the body, fingerprints or dental records will have to be used to identify the body. He said there were not any obvious signs of trauma to the body.

Harris said he was called to the scene at 9:21 a.m. He also said the woman was wearing dark pants and a dark top.

Besides those searches, Harris said, there is nothing at this time to link the body to Patrick.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2014, 04:30:32 PM »

I wonder what the distance is from Lake Charles, where Teleka's body was found to where her car was found?  It's said the car was found with a flat tire in a ditch westbound on I-94, near Portage, Indiana.  Grace-land had posted this article with map.

Photos at the link

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/02/teleka_patrick_case_missing_do.html

Teleka Patrick search: Missing Kalamazoo doctor's trail goes cold in small Indiana crossroads town
on February 15, 2014 at 7:00 AM, updated February 15, 2014 at 8:09 AM

PORTER, IND. — On any given day, this is a place easily overlooked on a drive on I-94, an unremarkable crossroads in northwestern Indiana bounded by gas stations and truck stops, car dealerships and fireworks stores.

But for those who knew Teleka Patrick, or have taken an interest in the mystery surrounding her disappearance, Exit 22 in Porter, Ind., holds significance. It is where the trail ends in the search for the promising Kalamazoo doctor — missing now for 10 weeks.

“They haven’t heard about it,” he said. “There’s really no information ... There’s not much to be said, since she hasn’t been found.”

The Indiana State Police sergeant who is the lead investigator into Patrick’s disappearance there said the trail has gone completely cold.

“At this point, we’re stagnant. We have no leads,” Detective Sgt. Rick Strong said.

“I don’t have any solid gut feelings on this at all,” he said of Patrick's fate since her car was found along I-94.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/02/indiana_police_search_for_miss.html

In search for Teleka Patrick, sergeant says Indiana State Police have 'done all we can do'
on February 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM, updated February 15, 2014 at 1:00 PM

The keys were missing, but the car was unlocked, Strong said, and police found Patrick's wallet, credit cards and $7 in cash inside.

The left front tire was flat. Strong said investigators believe it had gone flat before the car went into the ditch. The car was not traveling at a high speed when it ran off the interstate, and police found no tire marks to indicate it left the road abruptly, he said.

The Lexus is being kept in a secure, fenced area at the Lowell post, where as of a week ago it sat encased in deep snow.

Police searched the area around the abandoned car and found no signs of Patrick or footprints the night of Dec. 5, according to Strong. While Porter is covered in deep snow now, it was cold that night but there was no snow was on the ground, he said.

A week later, state police used a bloodhound to track from the spot where Patrick’s car was abandoned. Twice the dog walked from the ditch up to I-94. Strong said that while that proves nothing, it strongly suggests she walked from her car to the side of the highway and got a ride from a passing motorist.

Still, Strong and three other state police detectives in early December conducted a grid search of an open area between the westbound lanes of I-94 and U.S. 20, the main highway off the Porter/Burns Harbor exit. Police also surveyed more than a mile of a large culvert on foot in mid-December, and the FBI has conducted an aerial search for Patrick. None of those searches turned up anything of value, he said.

Detectives on Jan. 23 used sonar to search Lake Charles. The small lake, which more resembles a pond encircled by trees, is just north of where Patrick’s car went off I-94. Last week, the only thing visible on the snow-covered lake were deer paw prints.  Detective Sgt. William Sparrow, of the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office, said investigators plan to search the lake again this spring with a dive team.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »

http://www.chestertontribune.com/PoliceFireEmergency/search_porter_lake_for_evidence.htm

Search Porter lake for evidence of missing woman
Posted 1/29/2014

An unsuccessful search of Lake Charles in Porter was conducted on Thursday, Jan. 23, for evidence of a missing Michigan woman whose abandoned car was found on Dec. 5 on I-94 near the Porter/Burns Harbor exits.

The search was conducted by the Indiana State Police’s Criminal Investigation Division, the Kalamazoo, Mich., office of the FBI, and the Kalamazoo County and Washtenaw County, Mich., sheriff’s departments.

Teleka Patrick was reported missing in Kalamazoo County on Thursday, Dec. 5, the same night her gold 1997 Lexus ES300 was found abandoned by an ISP trooper in the westbound lanes of I-94, just east of the Porter/Burns Harbor exits, adjacent to Lake Charles.

On Jan. 23 the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Department deployed a specialized team capable of conducting water searches under ice, using a “very advanced and sophisticated sonar equipment system,” the ISP said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2014, 04:34:25 PM »

Did Teleka walk to Lake Charles on her own power or did someone pick her up and cause her harm and put her in the lake? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »

http://fox17online.com/2014/04/06/body-found-in-porter-indiana-teleka-patricks-family-in-mourning/
Body Found In Porter, Indiana; Teleka Patrick’s Family “In Mourning”
April 6, 2014

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2014, 05:26:57 PM »

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/body-found-in-same-lake-where-crews-searched-for-dr-teleka-patrick/25350502
Body found in same lake where crews searched for Dr. Teleka Patrick
April 6, 2014

ISP SCUBA and Porter Search and Rescue bringing body to shore // ISP photo

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »

Thank you for the updates, Texasmom and MuffyBee.  Was waiting for the search of the lake--but, sadly, now will wait for the official confirmation. 
MuffyBee, the car was off of I-94 very close to the lake. 

Family: ‘Body may be Teleka Patrick’
By 24 Hour News 8 web staff
Updated: Sunday, April 6, 2014, 7:17 pm
Published: Sunday, April 6, 2014, 3:17 pm

Chuck Harris, the Porter County coroner, told 24 Hour News 8 in a Sunday afternoon phone interview that no positive identity has been made on the body. An autopsy is scheduled for the beginning of the week, he said, possibly on Tuesday.

He said due to the decomposition of the body, fingerprints or dental records will have to be used to identify the body.  He said there were not any obvious signs of trauma to the body.

Harris said he was called to the scene at 9:21 a.m. He also said the woman was wearing dark pants and a dark top.

Patrick, 30, was last seen the evening of Dec. 5, 2013 in the parking lot of Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo. Her car was found later that night off I-94 near Porter, very near Lake Charles.

(I-94 as seen from near Lake Charles.)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2014, 08:21:41 PM »

Did Teleka walk to Lake Charles on her own power or did someone pick her up and cause her harm and put her in the lake? 

Good question.  Perhaps the autopsy will provide some answers.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2014, 09:17:16 PM »

Good question.  Perhaps the autopsy will provide some answers.

You see, it's almost too easy to assume Teleka wandered over to the lake and fell in.  This may be the case, and that's very, very sad. Maybe years ago, that would be a natural assumption.  However, with some of the technical abilities, perhaps there's some evidence it was a crime instead of a terrible accident.  As you said grace-land, perhaps the autopsy will provide some answers.  What has my attention is the blood hounds lost the scent, which could indicate she was possibly picked up by a car.  That's a game changer.  Although it was said there were no obvious or immediate signs of trauma, after spending so much time in the water, who knows?  I hope the cold water preserved evidence enough to get the answers.  JMHO

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.