May 15, 2024, 11:59:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 874026 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: October 17, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »

One last point - there is nothing wrong with quoting Scripture. If someone doesn't enjoy - pass it by. If more people believe in the Bible - we would have less crime and less b*tching.
Totally agree with u on that one rob. More god is what is needed in this world.
People may call me overprotective but i dont allow my 2 boys 8&10 to walk up the street 6 houses without each other. They either go together or they dont go. Thats as far as they can go even together. My neighborhood is a nice one but u just cant ever be too careful in this sick world we live in.

kcrn

Your thoughts reflect mine.

My then 10 year old granddaughter and I were shopping at the local mall for an Easter outfit (Walmart does not suffice anymore).  Anyways ... I met a friend and the three of us ended up in a coffee outlet.  After Miss Muffet finished her drink and goodie ... she became bored with "adult" conversation and asked permission to hit a few shops in her quest for that perfect outfit.  My response?  Not on my watch!  I quicky finished my tea and we were off.

Later I related the incident to my daughter attempting to understand her guidelines.  She assured me that Takara would not have been allowed to set off without her unless she had company and ... even then there would be boundaries of expectations.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: October 17, 2012, 06:22:27 PM »

The family also described the community from which Jessica was taken. They called it a safe place — one so safe, in fact, that most of the children in the neighborhood made the mile-and-a-half walk to Witt Elementary School together every morning.

“Our neighborhood is safe,” Sarah said. “The kids go down and play at the park all the time. I’ve never seen anybody suspicions. There have never been burglaries.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217170/Jessica-Ridgeway-Theres-predator-large-Police-chief-vows-track-10-year-old-Jessicas-killer-dismembered-body-identified.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Magic words!

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: October 17, 2012, 07:04:50 PM »

One last point - there is nothing wrong with quoting Scripture. If someone doesn't enjoy - pass it by. If more people believe in the Bible - we would have less crime and less b*tching.
Rob, just so you know, I agree wholeheartedly with your statement about less crime, etc if more people believed in God as recorded in the Bible.
I am an ordained minister and study it daily.  It's my vocation and my calling.
 an angelic monkey

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #643 on: October 17, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

Did Jessica have a Facebook page? 

Jessica was a little girl, who loved school and her dolls, she was innocent like a ten year should be.  I am wondering, if she had access to a computer (on the evening) before
she was abducted.  Had anyone heard anything about computers seized?  TIA

I realize Jessica disappeared, alone, on the following day.

God bless her...  an angelic monkey 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #644 on: October 17, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »

Many parents do not feel they are acting irresponsibly by allowing their children to walk alone for such a short distance.  I am sure she did not perceive any imminent danger.  I suppose if they were regular readers of crime sites, their attitudes might change.
Feeling, as I do, that this mother is going through a terrible time, she needs our sympathy and prayers as versus plucking one liners from Holy Scripture.  Dangerous IMO . . . JMO.

I agree with you Sister.

And I know it's not the quoting of scripture that you have a problem with.

Those of us "seasoned" by the tirades know all to well what the problem is.

Another case, the same BS; and it's quiet again.  Just seems like that's the intent to me.

Enough said.

JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #645 on: October 17, 2012, 08:07:09 PM »

Many parents do not feel they are acting irresponsibly by allowing their children to walk alone for such a short distance.  I am sure she did not perceive any imminent danger.  I suppose if they were regular readers of crime sites, their attitudes might change.
Feeling, as I do, that this mother is going through a terrible time, she needs our sympathy and prayers as versus plucking one liners from Holy Scripture.  Dangerous IMO . . . JMO.

I agree with you Sister.

Another case, the same BS; and it's quiet again.  Just seems like that's the intent to me.

Enough said.

JMO
huh? Im confused. R u saying that theres something wrong with ther opinions or what? Im sure the mother wishes with everything she has that she had heard that phone ring. May have changed things. I myself dont place any blame on her but i dont begrudge rob or anyone else their opinions. I also dont judge anyone who is not as paranoid or protective as i am but if something like this god forbid would ever happen to one of my children i would know that i protected them from the evil in this world with everything i have. They have time to be independent & out of my sights when they are adults.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #646 on: October 17, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »

Rob, just so you know, I agree wholeheartedly with your statement about less crime, etc if more people believed in God as recorded in the Bible.
I am an ordained minister and study it daily.  It's my vocation and my calling.
 an angelic monkey

I did know that. God Bless you. Even though I don't post much anymore - I still read your posts, all of you.
 an angelic monkey

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #647 on: October 17, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »

I agree with you Sister.

Enough said.

JMO

Really TM - she's not hurting anyone. And what's wrong with a lil Godspeak, soastospeak.

I've read a million posts I didn't care for - Janet's were by far the least of my worries. And I think deep down, yours' too.

At least with Janet she's not afraid to be criticized - isn't that a tenet, of some sort, especially after all these years.

When you think you're all alone here conversing - others are reading too. I try to remember that, always, when I post.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: October 17, 2012, 08:42:23 PM »

why isn;t there bus service for children living this far away from school? that is a long way for a little kid to walk, especially in the winter or rain...etc...

Cookie

In the video Sarah revealed that there is a bus service but ... there is a cost.

I cannot comprehend why Sarah did not drive Jessica to school.  It would only have taken minutes from her sleep time.

I cannot comprehend why Sarah did not accompany her 10 year old daughter the short walk to the park to meet friends or ... the short walk to Jeremy's home.  Walking alone any distance should not have been an option ... even if it was Jessica's desire.  A parent has the responsibility to decern the dangers and act accordingly as those dangers are not alway recognized by children.

Janet

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways

agree...

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #649 on: October 17, 2012, 08:50:41 PM »

I agree with you Sister.

Enough said.

JMO

Really TM - she's not hurting anyone. And what's wrong with a lil Godspeak, soastospeak.

I've read a million posts I didn't care for - Janet's were by far the least of my worries. And I think deep down, yours' too.

At least with Janet she's not afraid to be criticized - isn't that a tenet, of some sort, especially after all these years.

When you think you're all alone here conversing - others are reading too. I try to remember that, always, when I post.
i personally love reading janets posts. Always very thought provoking & makes u go hmmmm. We all are here with the same wishes afterall. That those responsible for all of thee heinous acts in this world are brought to some justice, whoever that person may be. This world in general has gotten lax in protecting our innocent children from the horrors that are our reality. If we dont take every precaution to protect our children, who will? Unfortunately we have seen the people that are supposed to love & protect these children be the horror that they faced.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »

I feel compassion for this mom...I am sure that she did not feel irresponsible by letting her little girl walk alone in a "safe" neighborhood. But really, when are we gonna learn that no neighborhood is safe? How many children will be murdered in their safe neighborhoods to make parents realize that perverts go to safe neighborhoods to find children as well?

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »

Recieved a call today from the school.  Two attempted lurings in our neighborhood.     The principal, in his recorded message, sounded extremely on edge.  The letter that came home gave a vehicle desription and a license plate #. 

Naturally, I called the chief of police.     The first of the lurings occured on Friday, five days ago.  Two girls, one thirteen and her younger six year old sister, were walking home from the store and a 25 year old man followed in his vehicle asking them for directions to the library and then offering them a ride home.  The girls avoided him then told their father who called police.

The police identified the vehicle through the license plate # (the Chief wouldn't tell me how but I'm sure it was through local video) and discovered it is registered to a company forty miles south of us.  The company put police in contact with the driver and "the incident is still under investigation".  The chief did tell me the man has no record but we both agreed that doesn't mean much.

I asked the Chief what the protocol is when a luring takes place and he stated "informing the community through media".  He stated the principal took it upon himself to contact the parents and there was no second luring incident, that the parent who reported it got it wrong.   

Naturally, I have left a message for our school principal.     It appears that maybe he took these threats very seriously and perhaps went rogue giving out the information to the parents.  As I'm driving home from football practice I see various little kids out riding bikes and walking around alone.   

Some parents really aren't aware of the dangerous world we live in.  Some people don't watch the news or read online.  Public awareness is a key issue.  The chief let me know they are developing a neighborhood watch (but not neighborhood watch, apparently it's something that is just coming out).  I gave him my information and told him I would like to be involved.  It starts in January.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2012, 09:13:23 PM »

BTW, we live in a VERY safe neighborhood if one is to look at crime statistics.  I also think the predators go to those kind of neighborhoods on purpose.  Also, our library closes at 7:00 pm (small town) and the luring incident happened at 7:30.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2012, 09:14:36 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/17/us/jessica-ridgeways-killing-leaves-community-heartbroken-and-edgy.html?_r=0

A Girl’s Neighbors Are Left to Grieve and Fear a Predator in Their Midst

Barry Gutierrez/Associated Press

By JACK HEALY
Published: October 16, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Families move to this Denver suburb for its schools and safety. It is a place where boys skateboard on the winding streets, children walk to school together and holiday decorations broadcast the change of seasons long before the leaves fall or the snow comes.

But that idyllic environment has been shaken by the killing of a 10-year-old girl named Jessica Ridgeway, who vanished as she walked to meet a group of friends on their way to Witt Elementary School on Oct. 5.

::snipping2::

Local and federal investigators have vowed to track down her killer, canvassed the area and received more than 4,000 tips. They have ruled out Jessica’s parents as suspects, but have made no arrests, and are asking the public to keep an eye out for anyone behaving suspiciously since the girl’s disappearance.

“There is somebody who preyed on a child in our community, and we need everybody’s help to identify who he is,” said Trevor Materasso, a spokesman for the Westminster Police Department.

That uncertainty haunts people across this community. As they turn out for memorial services and vigils, they say they are shaken by the realization that she could have been anyone’s daughter and, now, that her killer could be anyone’s neighbor.

“Everybody’s very scared,” said Keith Burke, a parent at Jessica’s school. “There’s a predator that lives by somewhere. We don’t know where, and until we do, everybody’s going to be on edge.”

On Monday, the principal at Arvada K-8, a nearby school, sent parents a letter saying that a student reported she had been approached by a goateed man in his 30s wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. In mid-September, school officials warned parents of two attempted abductions, one by a man offering candy if a child got into his car.

Parents have posted and reposted the reports on Facebook pages and e-mailed them to one another. Lynn Setzer, a spokeswoman for the Jefferson County school district, said no schools had closed because of Jessica’s death or the other attempted abductions. She said that attendance at Jessica’s school had been normal.

But until an arrest is made or they have more information, some parents are walking or driving their children to school rather than letting them go alone. Others have talked with their children about safety and strangers, and struggled to explain to them how someone could kidnap and kill a buoyant, animal-loving 10-year-old girl as she set off for school with her backpack, purple-and-pink glasses perched on her nose.

“There are evil people in the world,” said Dave DeMott, who moved back to Westminster so he could raise his four children in the neighborhood and schools where he grew up.

Mr. DeMott’s oldest daughter had been a classmate of Jessica’s, and he said his family had talked about her death, about why their children were not allowed to go certain places or to walk to school by themselves.

“I’m a man of faith,” he said. “That’s how I raise my family. We lean against that. There are a lot of prayers, but at the same time, we’ve got to keep our family safe.”

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/17/2000-attend-jessica-ridgeway-memorial/1638581/

More than 2,000 attend Jessica Ridgeway's memorial

P. Solomon Banda, Associated Press

12:19PM EDT October 17. 2012 - ARVADA, Colo. (AP) — More than 2,000 family members, friends, neighbors and others gathered Tuesday to remember a 10-year-old suburban Denver girl who was abducted on her way to school and killed.

As the public memorial for Jessica Ridgeway was held, the search for her killer continued, with multiple agencies checking leads and asking for more tips.

Westminster Police Chief Lee Birk said at the evening service that investigators are working the case "tirelessly, diligently, and we are committed until we achieve justice for Jessica." Earlier, police said they had received more than 350 more phone tips Tuesday.

The ceremony at Faith Bible Chapel in Arvada opened with a slideshow of pictures set to Jessica's favorite songs, including Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. Many attendees wore the fifth-grader's favorite color, purple.

Pastor Rick Long of Grace Church in Arvada said Jessica had two fish, two frogs and a dog, and she loved Disney films. She enjoyed wearing green and blue makeup as part of her peewee cheerleading squad at a nearby high school, and she was looking forward to dressing up as a zombie lifeguard for Halloween.

Long added that community support has been lifting Jessica's family.

Gov. John Hickenlooper, whose son is Jessica's age, told those gathered that the Ridgeways are in Coloradans' thoughts.

"Every single person in this state is with the Ridgeways in every single way that we may be," Hickenlooper said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2012, 09:42:54 PM »

I feel compassion for this mom...I am sure that she did not feel irresponsible by letting her little girl walk alone in a "safe" neighborhood. But really, when are we gonna learn that no neighborhood is safe? How many children will be murdered in their safe neighborhoods to make parents realize that perverts go to safe neighborhoods to find children as well?

I am working on it cookie.  However ... right now I am so angry with Sarah.

My ONLY focus of compassion is a little girl who was walking alone unaware of the evil that lurked and unable to defend herself from that evil.

I know beyond a doubt if my granddaughter had been entrusted to Sarah and ... Miss Muffet had been in Jessica's place ... I would not be feeling compassion for this woman.  My granddaughter is a child who is a treasure from God worthy of protection.  Likewise, Jessica was a child who is a treasure from God worthy of protection.

Cookie ... you have a good heart.  I think I do too but ... sometimes I wish mine was not so "black and white" ... descriptive words that were attributed to me a few days ago.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »

i personally love reading janets posts. Always very thought provoking & makes u go hmmmm. We all are here with the same wishes afterall. That those responsible for all of thee heinous acts in this world are brought to some justice, whoever that person may be. This world in general has gotten lax in protecting our innocent children from the horrors that are our reality. If we dont take every precaution to protect our children, who will? Unfortunately we have seen the people that are supposed to love & protect these children be the horror that they faced.

Thank you kcrn.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:05 PM »

Thank you kcrn.

Janet

Janet, I want to add that I also respect your posts, and always have.

I just disagreed with your harsh feelings about Jessica's mother.

That's all Wink

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2012, 10:52:28 PM »

Thank you kcrn.

Janet

Janet, I want to add that I also respect your posts, and always have.

I just disagreed with your harsh feelings about Jessica's mother.

That's all Wink

... and that is OK.  I am just being honest about my inability to extend compassion to Sarah at this point in time.

Thanks Brandi.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.