May 21, 2024, 11:30:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 874438 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #740 on: October 21, 2012, 08:36:23 AM »

http://**/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl?
Posted:   10/21/2012 12:01:00 AM MDT

::snipping2::
It began with a girl walking out her front door.

The alarm clock rang at 7:45 a.m. Jessica had asked for the clock so she could get up on her own, part of her push to be more self-sufficient and look grown-up, her mother recalled.

That Oct. 5 morning, Jessica followed her normal routine. She watched TV, ate a granola bar, went back upstairs to dress, then peeled an orange with her mother to take to school.

Sarah Ridgeway, a 31-year-old single mom, had just come home from working her regular 10 p.m.-to-7 a.m. tech-support shift at a software company in Boulder.

The shift is not a desirable one, but it worked for the Ridgeway family, said Stephan Teske, a co-worker and friend of Sarah Ridgeway's.

While Jessica was at school, her mother slept, waking at 4 p.m. so she could greet her daughter.

Before leaving for school that day, Jessica called a friend who lives a few blocks away to see if he would be walking to nearby Witt Elementary School, according to police dispatch tapes.

It was 8:25 a.m. She spoke to the boy's father, who said his son would wait for her.

"It is snowing," Sarah Ridgeway recalled in an interview four days after her daughter disappeared. "I watch her walk out the door. I shut
the door. And that is the last time I saw her."

Jessica headed out at about 8:30. The walk to her friend's house is slightly more than 1,000 feet.

The route through the modest neighborhood of single-tract homes leads past Chelsea Park — a pocket park with playground equipment.

On some days, Jessica would meet friends at the park for the walk that a few blocks later cuts across open space and leads to Witt Elementary.

But on that chilly day, Jessica planned to meet her friend at his home. By 8:40 a.m., she had not arrived. With only 10 minutes until the bell rang, father and son drove off to school.

Reached last week by The Denver Post, the father declined an interview request.

The morning of Oct. 5 was unremarkable at Witt Elementary — a school of about 330 students on the northern edge of the Jefferson County School District.

The school prides itself on community engagement, hosting family dance nights, a school spirit club and community-service projects such as picking up trash around Ketner Lake Open Space.

Jessica Ridgeway, who loved going to school, never arrived. Her mother did not call in the absence, so after roll call in Shelia Grice's class, a note went to the office.

Within the next hour, the school's secretary began calling parents of students with unexcused absences. Police say that shortly after 10 a.m., the secretary called the cellphone on file for Jessica's mother to report that her daughter was not in school that morning.

By that time, though, Sarah Ridgeway was already asleep in her upstairs bedroom. Her cellphone was in another room, she explained later, because a college she had applied to would not stop calling, and she needed her sleep.

The other adults who lived in the home — Jessica's grandmother and her aunt — were at work.

Sarah Ridgeway awoke that afternoon, picking up the message about her daughter's absence.

Maybe there was some sort of mistake, she thought.

She drove past Chelsea Park. No Jessica.

She went to a friend's house. No answer.

She drove to the school. No one had seen Jessica all day.

With each dead end, Sarah Ridgeway recalled, she lost a little hope.

"And then you get a pit in your stomach you don't want any parent to experience in their entire life — when you know your child has been taken," she said.

She called Westminster police. It was 4:23 p.m.

thank you grace-land!  Several posters questions are answered here.

First time I read that Jessica spoke with the father of the little boy and not the boy himself about walking to school that morning.  Has it been cleared up, as to whether this boy and his father are relatives?
Possibly the father declined an interview @ the request of LE, doesn't want public attention, or feels devastated that he didn't question why Jessica, after calling minutes earlier, did not show up.

Wonder what time aunt and Grandma leave for work and why they were not on the school's call list as back-up if Mom was unreachable?

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: October 21, 2012, 10:11:22 AM »

You can buy those crosses in gas stations.

Yes, of course you can.  To think a highly organized offender is going to leave behind the virtual keys to his cell is unwise.
Blink- I am confused- what do you mean by that?  Anyone can explain that to me? TIA

I think that LE is focused on finding the owner of this cross as opposed to understanding and directing efforts to it's interpretation.

This offender is not going to leave anything behind that is the virtual keys to his cell, imo.

Was this cross found w/Jessica or was it placed in her backpack?

Isn't it possible that the profilers are attempting to analyse the intended 'message' of the cross while at the same time asking the public for assistance in finding it's owner?

Yes can, they definitely are. WPD is doing everything they can , and I think they are pretty clear about the type of offender they are dealing with.  I do think they should release the circumstances of how the cross was recovered exactly.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: October 21, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »

Yes, of course you can.  To think a highly organized offender is going to leave behind the virtual keys to his cell is unwise.
Blink- I am confused- what do you mean by that?  Anyone can explain that to me? TIA

I think that LE is focused on finding the owner of this cross as opposed to understanding and directing efforts to it's interpretation.

This offender is not going to leave anything behind that is the virtual keys to his cell, imo.

Isn't it possible that the profilers are attempting to analyse the intended 'message' of the cross while at the same time asking the public for assistance in finding it's owner?

Maybe it was small enough to be worn around the neck or hung on the rearview mirror???  If near the backpack maybe it was on the rear view mirror and got caught while backpack being thrown out??  If near body then maybe perv was feeling guilty and simulating his "type" of burial to make himself feel better and left the cross???  Either way I hope there is DNA on it!!!!  Tracing it to where it was bought could be super helpful!  Any clue is a good clue!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: October 21, 2012, 11:34:14 AM »

Yes can, they definitely are. WPD is doing everything they can , and I think they are pretty clear about the type of offender they are dealing with.  I do think they should release the circumstances of how the cross was recovered exactly.

Thanks Blink, I'm glad to hear though not surprised, that WPD is doing everything they can.
Are you aware from your sources as to how/where the cross was recovered?
I have bad feelings about it.

Praying the perp is caught before harming another sweet child.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: October 21, 2012, 11:43:25 AM »

Maybe it was small enough to be worn around the neck or hung on the rearview mirror???  If near the backpack maybe it was on the rear view mirror and got caught while backpack being thrown out??  If near body then maybe perv was feeling guilty and simulating his "type" of burial to make himself feel better and left the cross???  Either way I hope there is DNA on it!!!!  Tracing it to where it was bought could be super helpful!  Any clue is a good clue!

I suspect the cross was perv's signature. 
Agreed, any clue is a good clue. 
Since the profile seems to suggest he is 'organized', it does baffle me that he would leave an intentional object behind.  Is he that confident he won't be caught?! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: October 21, 2012, 12:02:29 PM »

Thanks Grace

Little Jessica went missing in a 3-4 minute 1000' trek to Jeremy's home.  What happened?

Janet

++++

Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl?
By Eric Gorski and Jeremy P. Meyer
Updated:   10/21/2012 08:55:47 AM MDT

She walked out the door, and she was gone.

The 10-year-old girl with the gap in her front teeth, who liked to play cheerleader and waitress, giggled a lot, loved the color purple and couldn't wait to be a teenager, was on her way to school, alone.

She was supposed to meet a friend, a boy her age. The 1,000-foot walk down the street to his home should have taken four minutes, maybe five.

But Jessica Ridgeway, bundled against the cold in a black puffy jacket, never arrived.

<snipped>

Before leaving for school that day, Jessica called a friend who lives a few blocks away to see if he would be walking to nearby Witt Elementary School, according to police dispatch tapes.

It was 8:25 a.m. She spoke to the boy's father, who said his son would wait for her.

"It is snowing," Sarah Ridgeway recalled in an interview four days after her daughter disappeared. "I watch her walk out the door.

I shut the door. And that is the last time I saw her."

Jessica headed out at about 8:30. The walk to her friend's house is slightly more than 1,000 feet.

The route through the modest neighborhood of single-tract homes leads past Chelsea Park — a pocket park with playground equipment.

On some days, Jessica would meet friends at the park for the walk that a few blocks later cuts across open space and leads to Witt Elementary.

But on that chilly day, Jessica planned to meet her friend at his home. By 8:40 a.m., she had not arrived. With only 10 minutes until the bell rang, father and son drove off to school.

Reached last week by The Denver Post, the father declined an interview request.

<snipped>

http://**/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: October 21, 2012, 01:44:49 PM »

JMO
i thought about what the marks could mean on the cross,date?,age?,bible verse?
bible v,makes more since to me,as it is on a cross,i see the 3 connected lines as
a 5,or it could be a weird S,looked around at BV-3:5, didnt see anything that would
relate a message, to this heinous crime,i did find one for BV-5:3 in the book of
1 Thessalonians 5:3

this looks like a 5 to me

A cross recovered during the Jessica Ridgeway investigation is shown in this handout photo
supplied by the Westminister Police Department October 19, 2012.
Photo: Westminster Police Dept / Reuters

English Standard Version (ESV)
3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains
on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Thessalonians+5%3A3&version=ESV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Thessalonians+5&version=NIV

King James Version (KJV)
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them,
as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Thessalonians%205:3&version=KJV

JMO
i think if the marks are a BV,i think it would be 3:5 or 5:3
and if you would take the lines as 3 and 3, BV-3:3,i have not looked at all 3:3-BVs

Ecclesiastes 3:3 (English Standard Version)
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%203:3&version=ESV

Ecclesiastes 3:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%203:3&version=KJV

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: October 21, 2012, 02:17:37 PM »

Video at link

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/19/mom-says-man-almost-kidnapped-son-near-ketner-lake-in-westminster/

Mom says man almost kidnapped son near Ketner Lake in Westminster
Posted on: 9:27 pm, October 19, 2012, by David Mitchell and Julie Hayden, updated on: 10:54pm, October 19, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Less than three weeks before a kidnapping attempt on the Ketner Lake jogging trail, a Westminster mother says a man with a similar description   grabbed her son, and then fled when the boy’s sister screamed for help.

That happened May 10 on a popular trail near Church Ranch Blvd. and U.S. Highway 36.

This information as police were already looking into whether the attempted kidnapping of a woman at Ketner Lake during Memorial Day weekend could have any connection to the Jessica Ridgeway abduction and murder.

The descriptions of the suspect from the Memorial Day incident, and the incident earlier in May are similar.

Ketner Lake is about a mile from Jessica’s home.

Lisa Jameson says 8-year-old Chandler Jameson was playing with his toy gun on the trial when a man tried to kidnap him at about 6:30 p.m. May 10.

Lisa was on the phone with her 13-year-old daughter as it happened. “She’s screaming, my son’s screaming and her friend was screaming. She was crying and said some guy just grabbed Chandler.”

The children told police the little boy was leaning against a guardrail on the trail when the man grabbed him and tried to pull him over onto the street.

“He kept squeezing my son’s neck choking him out lifting him off the ground to lift him up over the railing,” Jameson says.

The suspect ran south when the girls started screaming. Police dogs tracked him further down the trail, but lost the scent.

The attacker had thrown the toy gun in the creek that was right there, but police weren’t able to get any fingerprints from it.

Jameson says the description matches the man who attacked a woman thr4ee weeks later at nearby Ketner Lake.
----------------------------
http://**/news/ci_21820103/man-choked-8-year-old-boy-near-ketner

Man choked 8-year-old boy near Ketner Lake in Westminster in May

As they were walking along the trail near a street, the girls noticed an "attractive" white man who was between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall, wearing jogging shorts, a Bolder Boulder T-shirt and green-and-white running shoes. He had a shaved head and no facial hair. He was trim and athletically built.

He kept looping down through a tunnel that went under the street and jogged by the kids about four or five times.

When the girls lost interest in their mock shooting game and Tori called her mother on her cellphone, the man suddenly grabbed Chandler, Jameson said.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: October 21, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »

http://**/ci_21819538/investigators-jessica-ridgeway-murder-case-look-beyond-open

Investigators in Jessica Ridgeway murder case look beyond open space
October 21, 2012 6:25 AM GMTUpdated:   10/21/2012 12:25:39 AM MDT

Based on search-area boundaries provided by Materasso, an estimated 24 square miles have been searched, with varying levels of scrutiny, by more than 200 officers from more than 40 agencies. Search dogs and remote-controlled helicopters with video and infrared technology aided the investigation.
The day after she disappeared, more then 800 regular citizens withstood icy weather to look for signs of the little girl in the open spaces around her home.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #749 on: October 21, 2012, 02:36:30 PM »

IMO this killer is far too organized for the cross to be accidental.  Think of the planning and execution that goes into abducting a person so quickly, leaving her backpack standing upright in the middle of a neighborhood sidewalk the following night, and having her body dismembered and neatly left on the side of a road elevated and waiting to be found only two days later.  The cross may or may not be part of his personal ritual and/or signature but most likely it is.

I wanted to comment on the school's call to parents of absent children.  Countless children are absent everyday from schools who may house up to 1,000 or more children.  It is essentially the parents responsibility to let the school know if their child will be absent.  The majority of parents do not do that.  They wait until their child returns to school after the absence then sends a letter to have the it excused.

IMO the school cannot possibly make that many calls everyday in the hopes they get a live person on the phone to inform them of an absence.  If it is the school secretary making the calls that can become a huge job.  Ultimately it is up to the parent/s to ensure their child's safety until the child is on school grounds or the bus.  The phone call from the school is only a courtesy call to try and boost the net of safety for our children. 

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: October 21, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »

JMO
i thought about what the marks could mean on the cross,date?,age?,bible verse?
bible v,makes more since to me,as it is on a cross,i see the 3 connected lines as
a 5,or it could be a weird S,looked around at BV-3:5, didnt see anything that would
relate a message, to this heinous crime,i did find one for BV-5:3 in the book of

this looks like a 5 to me

A cross recovered during the Jessica Ridgeway investigation is shown in this handout photo
supplied by the Westminister Police Department October 19, 2012.
Photo: Westminster Police Dept / Reuters

English Standard Version (ESV)
3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains
on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Thessalonians+5%3A3&version=ESV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Thessalonians+5&version=NIV

King James Version (KJV)
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them,
as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Thessalonians%205:3&version=KJV

JMO
i think if the marks are a BV,i think it would be 3:5 or 5:3
and if you would take the lines as 3 and 3, BV-3:3,i have not looked at all 3:3-BVs

Ecclesiastes 3:3 (English Standard Version)
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%203:3&version=ESV

Ecclesiastes 3:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%203:3&version=KJV

Very interesting CBB.  I am hoping the cross will bring some significant leads/evidence to the case.  It appears handmade.  I can imagine that the techs at the FBI are pouring over it in microscopic detail.  I also believe that its appearance at the crime scene is no accident.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #751 on: October 21, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »

I wonder if LE made public these numerous lurings and attempted abductions all within a small area? 

It's good to warn the public when a predator is actively at large in a neighborhood. 

I go back to the attempted luring in our neighborhood with no notification by LE and note that only minutes after I spoke with the Chief of Police the luring incident was put on our city police's FB page and it made the newpapers the following day.

Public notification is one weapon we can use to abate these attacks.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #752 on: October 21, 2012, 03:24:38 PM »

At 1:30 of this video Jeremy's father states he though maybe Jessica's mom had taken her to school.  I hope he is able to forgive himself.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica%20Ridgeway%20%20-CO-/?action=view&current=100612Investigators-searchforJessicaRidgeway001.mp4&mediafilter=videos

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: October 21, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »

Probably wrong as usual but I am still a wee bit hinky of her friends father who knew Jessica was definately going to school and going to be riding with them! That's just too darned odd. I said before that I would not carry on with my day without finding out exactly why she didn't show up for her ride.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: October 21, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »

Video at link

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/19/mom-says-man-almost-kidnapped-son-near-ketner-lake-in-westminster/

Mom says man almost kidnapped son near Ketner Lake in Westminster
Posted on: 9:27 pm, October 19, 2012, by David Mitchell and Julie Hayden, updated on: 10:54pm, October 19, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Less than three weeks before a kidnapping attempt on the Ketner Lake jogging trail, a Westminster mother says a man with a similar description   grabbed her son, and then fled when the boy’s sister screamed for help.

That happened May 10 on a popular trail near Church Ranch Blvd. and U.S. Highway 36.

This information as police were already looking into whether the attempted kidnapping of a woman at Ketner Lake during Memorial Day weekend could have any connection to the Jessica Ridgeway abduction and murder.

The descriptions of the suspect from the Memorial Day incident, and the incident earlier in May are similar.

Ketner Lake is about a mile from Jessica’s home.

Lisa Jameson says 8-year-old Chandler Jameson was playing with his toy gun on the trial when a man tried to kidnap him at about 6:30 p.m. May 10.

Lisa was on the phone with her 13-year-old daughter as it happened. “She’s screaming, my son’s screaming and her friend was screaming. She was crying and said some guy just grabbed Chandler.”

The children told police the little boy was leaning against a guardrail on the trail when the man grabbed him and tried to pull him over onto the street.

“He kept squeezing my son’s neck choking him out lifting him off the ground to lift him up over the railing,” Jameson says.

The suspect ran south when the girls started screaming. Police dogs tracked him further down the trail, but lost the scent.

The attacker had thrown the toy gun in the creek that was right there, but police weren’t able to get any fingerprints from it.

Jameson says the description matches the man who attacked a woman thr4ee weeks later at nearby Ketner Lake.

A Girl’s Neighbors Are Left to Grieve and Fear a Predator in Their Midst
Posted on October 17, 2012

<snipped>

On Monday, the principal at Arvada K-8, a nearby school, sent parents a letter saying that a student reported she had been approached by a goateed man in his 30s wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. In mid-September, school officials warned parents of two attempted abductions, one by a man offering candy if a child got into his car.

<snipped>

http://www.99linkedin.com/a-girls-neighbors-are-left-to-grieve-and-fear-a-predator-in-their-midst/

Police Not Ruling Out Possible Connection To Attempted Abduction Suspect
October 11, 2012 8:15 PM

Police in Arvada have been investigating two cases of attempted abduction since Sept. 9. Now police in Westminster are taking a closer look at the case to see if there is a connection to Jessica’s disappearance.

On that day a child was approached by a stranger near Quaker Acres Park in Arvada near Warder Elementary School. The stranger allegedly offered candy and asked the child to come to his car.

Three days later another child was approached by a similar stranger offering candy at Fitzmorris Elementary School. ...

On Sept. 14 Jefferson County School District sent a letter to parents warning them of the situation with the attempted abductions.

In both instances the children ran away and told adults what had happened.

<snipped>

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/police-not-ruling-out-possible-connection-to-attempted-abduction-suspect/

Cops Hunting for Jessica Ridgeway's Killer Turn to Attempted Abductions
Oct. 19, 2012

<snipped>

Authorities are now turning their attention to two attempted abductions at Ketner Lake earlier this year.

On May 28, at around 1:15 p.m., a 22-year-old woman was running on a trail around the lake when she said a man tried to grab her from behind, police said. The woman said he tried to put a rag over her mouth that had a chemical smell. She was able to get away and call 911.

The suspect was described as a white male, between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 8 inches with brown hair and average build.

Police said they were concerned that a jogger was chased by a man in the same area in July of 2010. The suspect described in 2010 was similar to the case from this year.

"Due to the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica's disappearance and the attempted abduction near the Ketner Lake Open Space, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases," police said in their statement

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-ridgeway-cops-hunting-killer-turn-attempted-jogger/story?id=17516930

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: October 21, 2012, 03:57:11 PM »

Full Video: Family of Jessica Ridgeway makes first public statement
Posted on: 3:40 pm, October 9, 2012

<snipped>

The family also described the community from which Jessica was taken. They called it a safe place — one so safe, in fact, that most of the children in the neighborhood made the mile-and-a-half walk to Witt Elementary School together every morning.

“Our neighborhood is safe,” Sarah said. “The kids go down and play at the park all the time. I’ve never seen anybody suspicions. There have never been burglaries".

<snipped>

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: October 21, 2012, 04:03:54 PM »

Looks like new information today from the Denver Post. Her remains were found inside the black plastic bag found at the scene and animal management officials were also involved:

At about 2 p.m., workers came across a plastic garbage bag in plain view near a culvert on the side of the road, said Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan. The bag was heavy and "seemed kind of strange," she said.

At that moment, animal-management officers who typically chase down stray dogs and escaped livestock drove by.

The maintenance workers flagged them down. An animal-control officer looked inside the bag and saw human remains, McGranahan said. Law enforcement officials have declined to be any more specific than to say they discovered a body that was "not intact."

For some reason, the URL to this article does not work in the forum. Here it is: http://**/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl. The asterisks should be www.denver post. I have noticed that all the denver post articles quoted here have the same problem.

Brandi, the ** pertains to certain websites, not just from the source you were linking.  MB
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9451.msg1303911#msg1303911

Please read the link below.  There are a number of websites that we are now blocking.  If you see a http:/** or a ** when you try and post a website then it has been blocked.  Please read the entire article at this link:

http://righthavenvictims.blogspot.com/p/participating-newspapers.html

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:21:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: October 21, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »

Looks like new information today from the Denver Post. Her remains were found inside the black plastic bag found at the scene and animal management officials were also involved:

At about 2 p.m., workers came across a plastic garbage bag in plain view near a culvert on the side of the road, said Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan. The bag was heavy and "seemed kind of strange," she said.

At that moment, animal-management officers who typically chase down stray dogs and escaped livestock drove by.

The maintenance workers flagged them down. An animal-control officer looked inside the bag and saw human remains, McGranahan said. Law enforcement officials have declined to be any more specific than to say they discovered a body that was "not intact."

For some reason, the URL to this article does not work in the forum. Here it is: http://**/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl. The asterisks should be www.denver post. I have noticed that all the denver post articles quoted here have the same problem.

After some investigating, it appears that this forum is blocking the denver post URLs. I hope my post is not forbidden. If it is, I do apologize.

Brandi, you've done nothing wrong.  But Klaas did put in some blocks/filters.  Please see your previous post which I've put some links to help explain.  Thank you.  Muffy http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13607.msg1543193#msg1543193
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:25:54 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: October 21, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »

Probably wrong as usual but I am still a wee bit hinky of her friends father who knew Jessica was definately going to school and going to be riding with them! That's just too darned odd. I said before that I would not carry on with my day without finding out exactly why she didn't show up for her ride.

i know how you feel,last school yr,i rode 4 kids in the morn,and i had the contact #s
and if the kid wasnt at the store where i picked up,i called,and a lot of times the #s
didnt get back right away,but usually i knew the day b4

i think the father called and the call went unanswered maybe, and mom just
hasnt said anything about it,or he meant to and forgot,prob at work by 9,and
work was on the mind
sometimes hindsight will drive you crazy, with the i shoulda,what ifs ect.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: October 21, 2012, 06:33:15 PM »

I agree melisb.  I cannot comprehend why the father would take off with his son at 8:40 AM prior to ... out of concern ... calling Sarah.  He had just been speaking to Jessica 15 minutes earlier.

In the process of elimination ... I would assume that the father was investigated by LE and ruled out as a person of interest.  Polygraph?  Vehicle search?  House search?

Maybe ten year old Jessica arrived after father and son left and ... something terrible happened as the little girl continued the over mile long trek to school on her own.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.