May 13, 2024, 10:40:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #177 1/4/11 - 1/14/11  (Read 160191 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 20, 2010, 02:22:58 PM »

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:59:35 AM by CBB » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:54:20 PM »

Dang went to post over on other thread and it cut me off. 

[/quote]

This is the same defense that was asking that the Jib Jab video not be shown in court. They are reaching for anything at this point, IMO.
[/quote]

I think they should play that video on a background screen throughout the whole trial.  LOL. 

I thikn they filed a motion on that stupid tape to show the judge what is going on out on the interwebs, like the judge can control what people post on forums.  You know, his poor client cannot get a fair trial cause everybody hates her.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 06:58:25 PM »

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »

Dang went to post over on other thread and it cut me off. 

This is the same defense that was asking that the Jib Jab video not be shown in court. They are reaching for anything at this point, IMO.
[/quote]

I think they should play that video on a background screen throughout the whole trial.  LOL. 

I thikn they filed a motion on that stupid tape to show the judge what is going on out on the interwebs, like the judge can control what people post on forums.  You know, his poor client cannot get a fair trial cause everybody hates her.
[/quote]

I saw Judge Perry get a big belly laugh when Mason was reading the post where the blogger said he was an idiot. I kept backing that part over and over. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »

That was me Cool We lock on 50 pages.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 07:05:17 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/26369273/detail.html
Anthony Defense To Pay $583 In Court Costs
Court Hearing Scheduled For Wednesday Afternoon

POSTED: Tuesday, January 4, 2011
UPDATED: 6:56 pm EST January 4, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense attorneys will be in court again on Wednesday, one day after her attorneys were ordered to pay nearly $600 in sanctions for failure to comply with a court order.

Judge Belvin Perry ordered Anthony's defense to pay the sanctions in a Monday hearing, saying the attorneys failed to provide the prosecution with details regarding defense witnesses by a court ordered deadline in December.

The prosecution said the cost to pursue the motion for sanctions was $583.73. The defense team can appeal the amount.

Meanwhile, a hearing in Anthony's murder trial has been set for Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. Anthony will not be in court.

The hearing will address amateur photographs taken by a volunteer in the search for Anthony's daughter, Caylee, while Caylee was missing in 2008.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter's death. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008 after being missing for a month. Her remains were found in a wooded area in east Orange County in December 2008.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »

Bozo and Colonel Crusty....the short of it is you know dang well Casey was NOT, in any shape, way or form "essentially in custody" as you stated in your motion.   You both cannot be this stuck on stupid that you as attorneys are not familiar with when an individual should be mirandized.  Casey was not under arrest nor even named as a suspect in a felony.   Your client volunteered to take the detectives on a wild goose chase not one but two days (of which she had freedom to go home).  They have every right to question her regarding a reported missing child or anything else as a person of interest, victim or witness.   If they continued to question her & she wasnt willing to answer AFTER she was arrested that is entirely different & you know that morons.  Your client was stupid enough to lie her horseface off & didnt know to keep her trap shut....ask what that merry go round ride she went on was worth it now...sorry about your luck.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 07:39:14 PM »

I like that idea about the video, Zoo.

I suspect Bozo didn't like that he was one of the stars of the video and that's the reason he wanted that idiotic thing excluded.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »

O/T New docs in Zahra Baker's case.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 08:24:50 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET:

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 08:25:17 PM »

good to hear! she is in heaven with caylee.

Loca
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »

I hope somebody pays for her murder.  I was just reading a story about a 10yo boy who shot his mother in the back of her head because he had to do chores.  first, why does a 10yo have a gun with accessible bullets available in his room? Second, is life so meaningless that a 10yo just shoots his mother so he does not have to do his chores?  OT I know.  Just this world is so sad sometimes.  This kid ruined his life now.  Ruined his sister/brothers lives, his mother is dead.  No idea where daddy is.  My littlest is 10, and I cannot imagine him having a weapon, never mind having one hanging in his room or him just having access to both parts of it w/o my okay, or him just going to get it to shoot me in the head.  I might be wrong, but something is wrong in this world.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 09:14:58 PM »

I like that idea about the video, Zoo.

I suspect Bozo didn't like that he was one of the stars of the video and that's the reason he wanted that idiotic thing excluded.

You are probably right.  Most defense laywers could care less what forums are saying about him or their client.  They are too busy you know taking depos, looking at evidence, trying to save their client's life, but not Bozo.  He sits on Scared Monkeys reading posts.  Maybe he thinks Caylee's nonexistant nanny posts here, or maybe her kidnapper/muderer/dumper right up the block from his client's home is posting here, and dang it, he is going to catch them.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »

That was me Cool We lock on 50 pages.

I know, I just never was at the last post of the 50 pages before.  Silly me should have checked before trying to post.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 09:22:38 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/26369273/detail.html
Anthony Defense To Pay $583 In Court Costs
Court Hearing Scheduled For Wednesday Afternoon

POSTED: Tuesday, January 4, 2011
UPDATED: 6:56 pm EST January 4, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense attorneys will be in court again on Wednesday, one day after her attorneys were ordered to pay nearly $600 in sanctions for failure to comply with a court order.

Judge Belvin Perry ordered Anthony's defense to pay the sanctions in a Monday hearing, saying the attorneys failed to provide the prosecution with details regarding defense witnesses by a court ordered deadline in December.

The prosecution said the cost to pursue the motion for sanctions was $583.73. The defense team can appeal the amount.

Meanwhile, a hearing in Anthony's murder trial has been set for Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. Anthony will not be in court.

The hearing will address amateur photographs taken by a volunteer in the search for Anthony's daughter, Caylee, while Caylee was missing in 2008.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter's death. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008 after being missing for a month. Her remains were found in a wooded area in east Orange County in December 2008.

Wow, if that is how much it costs to file a motion, so Bozo and company filed what 23 on the 31st, so what was that, about $13,340.00 in one day.  No wonder he needs more JAC funds.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »

I read this over at the Hinky, and although I don't have a link to the actual conversations, I do remember reading this before.  Mush Mouth Mason really needs to read up on this case I think! 

Q Like he said you seem like a pretty bright person okay. You're here willingly, right?

A Uh huh (Afirmative)

Q You're here 'cause you want, you're here to try to help, right?

A Oh absolutely

And this one

(from the Universal interview on July 16:)

Q-Let me, let me just go ahead, because this is still running, I noticed it. Raise your right hand for me.
Just like this morning.
A-Yeah.
Q-You swear everything you’ve told me is the truth now about the lies and…
A-Yes.
Q-…everything else? Okay.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 09:53:42 PM »

Well dang, I should have read the next few posts there because if this is true, looks like her statements MAY be an issue after all. Capp?

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1012&start=550

Jolynna is a person who posts here and at WS . She asked a lawyer this question and got this answer

I always thought that Casey's text to Tony on July 16 at 7:01 a.m. was a fib.
“I was put in handcuffs for almost 10 minutes and sat in the back of a cop car. The best thing and the most important person in my life is mi”

Today, if I understood him correctly, Cheney Mason said that Casey was handcuffed while being driven around.

Considering what is known about Casey's LE interview at Universal, will the latest defense motion to get that interview thrown out be successful?

AZLawyer replied :
I think Casey was likely telling the truth about 10 minutes in handcuffs. By 7 am on the 16th, the officers were suspicious enough of her that they would not have wanted to risk her running off, and they might also have wanted to scare her with the seriousness of the situation in hopes of getting her to talk. The Universal trip was after the text to Tony, so we don't have any information directly from Casey about whether she was handcuffed for that trip. I suspect she was not handcuffed for the actual Universal interview, but that's just based on the tone of the interview.

Here's what I said about the Universal interview last March when someone asked this question:

------------------------------------------------------------------
It is definitely possible to get a "voluntary" confession thrown out. The question will be whether she was "in custody" at that time--if so, they needed to give her the Miranda warning (and her statements will be no good without it) even if she really, truly, voluntarily wanted to talk to them. Whether she was "in custody" will depend on the facts, especially whether she would have reasonably felt free to leave. My gut feeling is that the questioning that took place at the home was probably OK, but the questioning that took place at Universal worries me a little.

It's possible that the officers considered the risk that anything Casey said would be thrown out as evidence if they did not give a Miranda warning, but decided the risk was worth it in order to try to get her to "crack" and tell where Caylee was (alive or dead). After all, if she had confessed and led them to the body at that time, they could have used the information from her confession to direct their investigation--e.g., to know what kind of forensic evidence to look for--even if they couldn't use the confession itself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

If she was in handcuffs during the ride to Universal, that would only strengthen her impression that she was "in custody" and not free to leave. I mean, what are the chances that the cops are really going to let you leave if they drove you somewhere in handcuffs--even if they say you're free to leave? And, of course, she was arrested immediately after the Universal interview, so, in reality, she was not free to leave. And didn't Yuri tell George before they left for Universal that he should be prepared that Casey might not be coming back to the house? All in all, I think the Universal statement should be suppressed. And now I feel like I just wrote another defense brief. Maybe JB will share his $3/hr with me.

But on the bright side, all the major lies from the Universal interview are in Casey's other statements as well...her statements to the 911 operator, her handwritten statement, and her statement to Yuri at the house. Not to mention her statements to her family and friends. This girl is a talker.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »

Unbelievable that casey still thinks that she is going to walk. She doesnt seem at all worried. I get the feeling or should I say impression that she is so laid back/relaxed because those two clowns have given her a false sense of security. I think bozo is going to get a rude awakening once this trial is over.
He may just have to sell his expensive suits on ebay! but than who wants to buy something that belongs to an inept lawyer. The name he wanted to make for himself is far from the name is is getting. He thinks people  on the blogs are dumb! many are way more intelligent than him. He is just a clown in a suit! It is not going to be worthy of making any money even on ebay!! all people care about is justice for caylee! something the grandparents have forgotten!!
Casey deserves a lawyer like him! I cannot wait to see the look on their faces when she is found guilty of murder!! we all know she is guilty but to hear it come out of the foreman or judges mouth is priceless!!!
I want her to keep primping and continue to sit there cold hearted!! it will serve to convict her in the eyes of the jury!!She will be what she portrays cold and heartless and a baby killer.

Loca
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 10:12:05 PM »

Well dang, I should have read the next few posts there because if this is true, looks like her statements MAY be an issue after all. Capp?

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1012&start=550

Jolynna is a person who posts here and at WS . She asked a lawyer this question and got this answer

I always thought that Casey's text to Tony on July 16 at 7:01 a.m. was a fib.
“I was put in handcuffs for almost 10 minutes and sat in the back of a cop car. The best thing and the most important person in my life is mi”

Today, if I understood him correctly, Cheney Mason said that Casey was handcuffed while being driven around.

Considering what is known about Casey's LE interview at Universal, will the latest defense motion to get that interview thrown out be successful?

AZLawyer replied :
I think Casey was likely telling the truth about 10 minutes in handcuffs. By 7 am on the 16th, the officers were suspicious enough of her that they would not have wanted to risk her running off, and they might also have wanted to scare her with the seriousness of the situation in hopes of getting her to talk. The Universal trip was after the text to Tony, so we don't have any information directly from Casey about whether she was handcuffed for that trip. I suspect she was not handcuffed for the actual Universal interview, but that's just based on the tone of the interview.

Here's what I said about the Universal interview last March when someone asked this question:

------------------------------------------------------------------
It is definitely possible to get a "voluntary" confession thrown out. The question will be whether she was "in custody" at that time--if so, they needed to give her the Miranda warning (and her statements will be no good without it) even if she really, truly, voluntarily wanted to talk to them. Whether she was "in custody" will depend on the facts, especially whether she would have reasonably felt free to leave. My gut feeling is that the questioning that took place at the home was probably OK, but the questioning that took place at Universal worries me a little.

It's possible that the officers considered the risk that anything Casey said would be thrown out as evidence if they did not give a Miranda warning, but decided the risk was worth it in order to try to get her to "crack" and tell where Caylee was (alive or dead). After all, if she had confessed and led them to the body at that time, they could have used the information from her confession to direct their investigation--e.g., to know what kind of forensic evidence to look for--even if they couldn't use the confession itself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

If she was in handcuffs during the ride to Universal, that would only strengthen her impression that she was "in custody" and not free to leave. I mean, what are the chances that the cops are really going to let you leave if they drove you somewhere in handcuffs--even if they say you're free to leave? And, of course, she was arrested immediately after the Universal interview, so, in reality, she was not free to leave. And didn't Yuri tell George before they left for Universal that he should be prepared that Casey might not be coming back to the house? All in all, I think the Universal statement should be suppressed. And now I feel like I just wrote another defense brief. Maybe JB will share his $3/hr with me.

But on the bright side, all the major lies from the Universal interview are in Casey's other statements as well...her statements to the 911 operator, her handwritten statement, and her statement to Yuri at the house. Not to mention her statements to her family and friends. This girl is a talker.

She was NOT in custody at that time, she was arrested AFTER the trip to Universal, so IMHO it is not getting thrown out.  Regardless, it is recorded that she was willing to speak to them all thru the first and second round of the wild goose chase where when she realized the jig was up she confessed she was lying.  Remember this is Casey's account which could be a complete fabrication & regardless if she was not told she was being arrested at that time & released she was not "in custody."     I strongly doubt that these experienced detectives would make such a careless mistake knowing what they were dealing with pretty much immediately, if anything we all have seen them utilize extreme patience & restraint in dealing with her & her lousy family.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.