May 05, 2024, 09:33:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #32 10/02/10 - 10/07/10  (Read 195876 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #700 on: October 05, 2010, 05:53:12 PM »

Is there for sure a key that the GK does use? If he does, I would just assume he picks it up in the school office?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: October 05, 2010, 06:37:05 PM »

Yes, rose he does.

These are still shots CW was able to get from the video:

key pic snipped from, at around 28 sec

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html?tab=video

**In this video, Stensen states the kids came out the BACK DOOR which could be considered the NORTH/REAR of the building or the WEST SIDE (this school has many doors) by the FLower Beds.

If the students came out of a BACK DOOR/NORTH door and went around the WEST SIDE of the building, facing the soccer field, to the front of the building, SOUTH ENTRANCE/ Flower Beds, Stensen COULD have seen the children.  However, once they went around the building, I believe his vision would have been obscured by the building and foiliage.

Also to note:  This article/video is dated August 12, 2010.  If I understand this correctly, he spoke to the media and then the police spoke to him.  If that's the case, who else did they miss?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: October 05, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »

Thank-you, I'm sorry it was hard for me to see what he was doing in those photos.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #703 on: October 05, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »

Rose I don't think the chain was there for school security, but to keep folks from parking up there and messing up the soccer field. If a car or truck wanted in there bad enough they would go around the post or just drive through and break the chain. I feel sure the school had a key for when they had soccer games or may have needed to open the road, but since the city is the one keeping the field cut, they probably had their own key. If DS didn't have a key...and had to get one from the office....I guess the field didn't get cut when school was out for the summer.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #704 on: October 05, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »

Rose I don't think the chain was there for school security, but to keep folks from parking up there and messing up the soccer field. If a car or truck wanted in there bad enough they would go around the post or just drive through and break the chain. I feel sure the school had a key for when they had soccer games or may have needed to open the road, but since the city is the one keeping the field cut, they probably had their own key. If DS didn't have a key...and had to get one from the office....I guess the field didn't get cut when school was out for the summer.

I agree Darla, if someone wanted in there bad enough, they'd get around that chain.

And I guess you're right about the"security" angle, we all know about Skyline and their security measures  

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: October 05, 2010, 07:27:39 PM »

That's a great point, so I'm guessing the GK had his own key if indeed he used one to open it.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #706 on: October 05, 2010, 07:28:05 PM »

I'm going to start reading back, but I am wondering if anyone asked new monkey Neighbor if she knows if Mrs. Porter is heard of hearing?

From a very brief conversation, I did not get the impression that she had a problem understanding me.  Also teachers very much rely on their hearing in the classroom.  I am sure that she would have addressed that issue.

Now something scary .. LinkedIn's top "People You May Know" suggestion was "Jamie Estrada".  Jikes!

Brother of RS the LS?  That Jamie Estrada?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: October 05, 2010, 07:48:17 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET:

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: October 05, 2010, 08:27:43 PM »

I'm going to start reading back, but I am wondering if anyone asked new monkey Neighbor if she knows if Mrs. Porter is heard of hearing?

From a very brief conversation, I did not get the impression that she had a problem understanding me.  Also teachers very much rely on their hearing in the classroom.  I am sure that she would have addressed that issue.

Now something scary .. LinkedIn's top "People You May Know" suggestion was "Jamie Estrada".  Jikes!

BBM.

LinkedIn's suggestion to whom?

And who is "Jamie Estrada?"

I am lost.

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #709 on: October 05, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »

Good evening everyone. Finally caught up on reading what has happened here today.

Have you seen this story out of California. This one ended with the help of some good samaritans.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/05/california.child.taken/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

(CNN) -- The remarkable recovery of an abducted 8-year-old girl in Fresno, California -- which combined solid police work with the efforts of good Samaritans -- turned bittersweet Tuesday when authorities said the victim had been sexually assaulted.

Still, the fact that the girl was back home after the harrowing ordeal brought thanks from her parents during a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Speaking through an interpreter, the girl's father said he was "very happy that his daughter is home."

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #710 on: October 05, 2010, 08:33:26 PM »

BBM.

I am lost.

Some research indicates he may be Rudy Estrada Sanchez's brother. I haven't seen anything definitive.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #711 on: October 05, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »

BBM.

I am lost.

Some research indicates he may be Rudy Estrada Sanchez's brother. I haven't seen anything definitive.

Ok, dumb question time       ...'cuz I am tired of trying to figure it out    Monkey Devil!   ...what is BBM?   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #712 on: October 05, 2010, 08:50:13 PM »

Ok, dumb question time       ...'cuz I am tired of trying to figure it out    Monkey Devil!   ...what is BBM?   

BBM = Bold By Me

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: October 05, 2010, 08:53:52 PM »

BBM = Bold By Me

Yes. I bolded a portion of a post and that was the portion I was referring to.

Trying to make the post easier (not harder) to understand. LOL

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #714 on: October 05, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »

Hi,  About the Intel parking lot security, my boss says they are PTZ cameras {pan, tilt, zoom} so everyone here was right.  I told him to give his wife a good talking to about not recognizing them.  He would have laughed but is too darned sick with a cold.  All good tho and here is a little explanation about what this kind of camera does:
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/Kyron/Image9-1.png

"PTZ Security Cameras allow you control the pan, tilt and zoom operations of the camera lens remotely or through a surveillance DVR or Geovision DVR PC. PTZ Cameras have the ability to move up, down, right, left, and even zoom".

BTW:  Intel's cameras are in really heavy duty housings which besides making the camera very stable raises it up to get a perfect line of site of it's particular area covered.  xox

wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #715 on: October 05, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »

BBM.

I am lost.

OH Nana that wasn't a dumb question lol
I know it wasn't because I've asked the same question before 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: October 05, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »

Hi,  About the Intel parking lot security, my boss says they are PTZ cameras {pan, tilt, zoom} so everyone here was right.  I told him to give his wife a good talking to about not recognizing them.  He would have laughed but is too darned sick with a cold.  All good tho and here is a little explanation about what this kind of camera does:

"PTZ Security Cameras allow you control the pan, tilt and zoom operations of the camera lens remotely or through a surveillance DVR or Geovision DVR PC. PTZ Cameras have the ability to move up, down, right, left, and even zoom".

BTW:  Intel's cameras are in really heavy duty housings which besides making the camera very stable raises it up to get a perfect line of site of it's particular area covered.  xox

Cool.

So we now know there are cameras in that parking lot!

Thanks, Scandi.

wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #717 on: October 05, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »

Hi scandi - I would have gone in more detail about the cameras but I wasn't sure how detailed I should go so thanks for making it clearer for everyone.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #718 on: October 05, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »

Does anyone know what Dede's brother's name is?  And if he has a child/children that go to skyline elementary school also?

Maybe in who's who thread?  I'll look. 
neighbor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #719 on: October 05, 2010, 09:24:31 PM »

... I guess the field didn't get cut when school was out for the summer.

Not that it matters much, but the school building was open for most of the summer.  Only the teachers get that nice long vacation.  Not the principal or admin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.