May 18, 2024, 09:38:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police nab suspect in anchorwoman Anne Pressly's death (CONVICTED)  (Read 33670 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« on: November 27, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »

Police nab suspect in anchor's death, seek answers
By TOM PARSONS, Associated Press Writer Tom Parsons, Associated Press Writer Thu Nov 27, 7:08 am ET
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Police for weeks had neither a suspect nor a motive in the beating death of a popular television anchorwoman. A suspect is now in custody, but many questions remain unanswered.

Officers arrested Curtis Lavelle Vance, 28, at a home in Little Rock on Wednesday night — tipped to his location after police held a late-evening news conference to reveal him as their suspect. "We went there and he's in custody," said Lt. Terry Hastings, a police spokesman.

Vance was charged with capital murder in the death of Anne Pressly. The 26-year-old anchorwoman, who had a small part in the President George W. Bush biopic "W," died Oct. 25 — five days after being severely beaten in what police described as a random attack at her home.

Vance lived in Marianna, in eastern Arkansas, but had numerous contacts in central Arkansas, Police Chief Stuart Thomas said. He named Vance as the suspect earlier Wednesday night and said Vance was traveling with a woman, three kids, a pistol and "lots of extra ammunition."

Within an hour of the news conference's end, officers were at a home south of downtown. Vance apparently was not armed when arrested, Hastings said early Thursday.

Police did not disclose what led them to suspect Vance, with Thomas saying only that the capital murder charge was based on "a very, very solid case due to solid detective work."

Hastings had said previously that DNA and other evidence from the scene gave police a portrait of the person they were looking for, though they did not have a name until this month. One of Pressly's credit cards was used at a gas station after the beating, but Hastings said security camera footage didn't provide a good look at the person using it.

Pressly lived alone in the city's Pulaski Heights section, a mix of mansions and bungalows near a country club. Her mother, visiting from out of town at the time of the attack but not staying at her daughter's home, found Pressly on Oct. 20, a half-hour before the anchorwoman was due on KATV's "Daybreak" program. The mother checked on the woman after she didn't answer her daily wake-up call.

The anchorwoman had been beaten severely on the head and upper torso. She never regained consciousness.

In the police station lobby before Thomas' news conference, several of Pressly's KATV colleagues quietly wiped tears from their faces. The station raised $50,000 for a reward fund.

Pressly was a native of Greenville, S.C., and moved with her family to Little Rock while she was in high school. She was a graduate of Rhodes College in Memphis, Tenn., which has discussed establishing a scholarship to honor her.

In the Oliver Stone movie "W" — the subject of a news story she covered as the film was being shot in Shreveport, La. — Pressly appeared briefly as a conservative commentator who speaks favorably of Bush's "Mission Accomplished" event on an aircraft carrier after the start of the Iraq war.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081127/ap_on_re_us/tv_anchor_attacked
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:05:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 07:43:47 AM »

Judge issues gag order in TV anchorwoman's slaying
The Associated PressPublished: December 4, 2008
LITTLE ROCK, Ark.: A judge imposed a gag order Wednesday in the capital murder case against a man accused of fatally beating a Little Rock television anchorwoman.

District Judge Lee Munson issued the order at the request of a lawyer for Curtis Lavelle Vance, who is charged in the death of Anne Pressly.

Pressly, 26, was found beaten and unconscious in her home Oct. 20 and died five days later in a hospital without ever gaining consciousness. Her parents say she had been sexually assaulted and beaten so severely that part of her jaw bone was broken away.

In his order, the judge barred prosecution and defense lawyers, law enforcement officers, the FBI, state Crime Laboratory employees and state Medical Examiner staff from commenting to the media on the case. He also sealed the investigative file.

Munson said he granted the request to protect Vance's right to a fair trial. He said the order would be in effect until Vance appears in circuit court for his plea and arraignment.
Officers arrested Vance, 28, of Marianna, at a Little Rock home Nov. 26, acting on a tip received within minutes of a late-night news conference at which they disclosed his name and photos of him and his car. He was ordered held without bond in a jailhouse court hearing Friday.

Police say DNA evidence links Vance to the slaying. According to an arrest affidavit, Vance denied being in Little Rock the day of the attack.

Prosecutor Larry Jegley, who will handle the case in circuit court, has said that the crime amounts to capital murder but that he might file more than one charge.

Jegley also said he has not decided whether he will seek the death penalty. Death and life in prison without parole are the only penalties for a capital murder conviction in Arkansas.

Pressly was an anchorwoman on KATV's "Daybreak" program and had a small role as a conservative commentator in the Oliver Stone movie "W."
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/12/04/america/TV-Anchor-Attacked.php

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 07:45:34 AM »

Anne

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 07:47:20 AM »

LRPD Releases Statement On Pressly Case

The statement says:

On Wednesday, November 26, 2008, Detectives with the Little Rock Police Department obtained a warrant for Capital Murder for, and subsequently on the same date arrested, Cutis Vance in connection with the murder of Anne Pressly.

Curtis Vance is the only suspect in this incident and this Department's continuing investigation is expressly directed towards ensuring a successful prosecution and conviction of Mr. Vance in this matter.

The Department anticipates no further arrests in this case; however, additional charges against Mr. Vance are possible as the investigation and prosecution develop.

The Department will not respond to popular rumor, innuendo, or hearsay whether appearing on the internet, transmitted personally or relayed by the media.

The arrest of Mr. Vance is the result of diligent and intuitive work by members of the Little Rock Police Department, the Marianna Police Department and the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory.

The Little Rock Police Department will not comment further on this investigation until such time as Mr. Vance is brought to trial.

I have discussed this statement with the Prosecuting Attorney and he concurs with its release.

Signed, Stuart Thomas, Chief of Police.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=76595&catid=2

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TV_ANCHOR_ATTACKED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
Jun 12, 4:34 PM EDT

Suspect in TV anchor slaying declines mental exam

By JON GAMBRELL
Associated Press Writer
 LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- A man charged with capital murder in the rape and beating death of a television anchorwoman refused to undergo a mental examination but did so in a "rational" way, a psychiatrist says.

Lawyers for Curtis Lavelle Vance sought to have the results of the exam filed under seal in Pulaski County Circuit Court, but the psychiatrist's letters were available to the public Friday.

Stacy M. McBain, a forensic psychiatry fellow at the Arkansas State Hospital, wrote the court that Vance refused to cooperate during the May 27 examination.

"The defendant gave a well-stated, rational and reasonable explanation as to why he did not wish to participate and reported no history of mental illness or mental health treatment," McBain wrote. "It is my opinion that Mr. Vance's unwillingness to participate in the examination is not the result of mental disease or defect."

The interview likely took place at the Pulaski County jail, where Vance remains held without bond in the slaying of Anne Pressly, a morning anchorwoman for Little Rock television station KATV.

Katherine Streett, Vance's lead public defender, declined to comment Friday, citing a gag order. Streett also has requested that state child-welfare officials turn over any records they might have about abuse Vance or his siblings suffered as children.

Vance, 28, of Marianna, is scheduled to appear at a court hearing Tuesday to discuss the mental examination.

If convicted of capital murder, he would face either a death sentence or life in prison. Prosecutors have yet to say whether they'll seek the death penalty in the case, scheduled for trial Sept. 9.

Pressly, 26, worked as a reporter and anchorwoman at the ABC affiliate. Her mother found her severely beaten Oct. 20 in her Little Rock home. Pressly died at a hospital five days later. Authorities say DNA samples collected at the journalist's home led them to Vance.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TV_ANCHOR_ATTACKED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
Jun 16, 2:48 PM EDT

Prosecutor: Man admits killing Ark TV anchorwoman

By JON GAMBRELL
Associated Press Writer
 LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- The man accused of killing an Arkansas television anchorwoman confessed three separate times to detectives that he committed the slaying, a deputy prosecutor said Tuesday.

Deputy Prosecutor John Johnson made the claim after defendant Curtis Lavelle Vance demanded access to the DNA evidence allegedly tying him to the death of Anne Pressly.

Vance did not deny the confessions, but he told Pulaski County Judge Chris Piazza the statements were made after police officers "put a gun in my face."

"I was under extreme pressure," Vance said.

Vance has pleaded not guilty.

After the hearing, Pulaski County Prosecutor Larry Jegley declined to talk to reporters. A gag order in the case bars defense lawyers, police, prosecutors and others from talking to the news media.

Vance, 28, of Marianna, faces a capital murder charge in the slaying of Pressly, a morning anchorwoman for KATV in Little Rock.

Pressly's mother found the journalist severely beaten Oct. 20 after she missed a wake-up call at her Little Rock home. The anchorwoman died at a hospital five days later without ever regaining consciousness.

If convicted of capital murder, Vance would face either a death sentence or life in prison. Prosecutors have yet to say whether they'll seek the death penalty in the case, scheduled for trial Sept. 9.

Piazza had scheduled Tuesday's hearing to discuss an expected mental examination of Vance.

However, Vance refused to cooperate with a psychiatrist sent from the Arkansas State Hospital during a May interview. In a letter, the psychiatrist later told the court Vance refused to cooperate in a "rational" way.

Vance's lead public defender, Katherine Streett, asked Piazza to commit her client to the Arkansas State Hospital for 30 days so doctors could examine his behavior. Streett said the state psychiatrist spent only 15 minutes with Vance and took no notes.

Vance raised his hands several times to signal to the judge that he wanted to speak.

"I refused to take the mental evaluation ... because I don't even know the facts," Vance said, asking for more information about the DNA and hair sample tests the state Crime Laboratory has conducted.

Johnson later said some of the laboratory reports hadn't been released because scientists needed to wait for a peer review of their work.

Piazza granted defense lawyers access to files about Vance held by state child welfare officials.

Streett described the records as "voluminous," but what they contain remains unclear. Julie Munsell, a spokeswoman for the state's child-welfare agency, said she could not discuss what they contained.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »

First of all there was supposedly a rape involved ...DNA
Semen..

Then she was beat BADLEY.. More DNA

If he is innocent there is No DNA

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/071309_Presslys_AR_Home_Demolished?obref=obnetwork

Anne Pressly's AR Home
Demolished

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 02:37:22 PM »

Wednesday, Oct. 07, 2009
Police: Anchorwoman beaten with wood-handled tool

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- The man accused of killing an Arkansas television anchorwoman told police he beat her with a wood-handled garden tool after she awoke and found him committing a sex act beside her bed, a detective testified Tuesday.

Curtis Lavelle Vance described how he hit KATV personality Anne Pressly, a Greenville native, as many as five times, shattering her left arm as she held it up to shield her face, Little Rock police Detective Tommy Hudson said. Hudson's testimony came as Pulaski County Circuit Judge Chris Piazza weighs whether to throw out Vance's often convoluted statements to police and DNA evidence before the trial set for Nov. 2.

Vance, 28, of Marianna, has pleaded not guilty to charges of capital murder, rape, residential burglary and theft over the Oct. 20 attack on Pressly at her home near the Little Rock Country Club. Pressly, 26, died five days later, having never regained consciousness.

Vance could face lethal injection if convicted of the slaying, as Piazza also rejected defense lawyers' claims Tuesday that the death penalty overwhelmingly targets blacks convicted of violent crime against whites.

The team of public defenders representing Vance claim police improperly obtained the statements from him, as well as pressured him into offering saliva swabs for DNA testing. Vance himself has claimed police shoved a gun in his face at one point to get him to confess.

Detective J.C. White testified that Vance went willingly to the Marianna police station Nov. 25, 2008, as authorities looked into possible connections between the Pressly attack and an unsolved rape in Vance's hometown, about 90 miles east of Little Rock.

White also testified that laboratory testing found that a hair found in Pressly's home matched Vance's DNA. Last November, police said it also matched a sample from a rape in Marianna. Officers focused on Vance after he was reported being in an area that had seen several burglaries.

A tape-recorded police interview played in court had Vance sounding friendly and cooperating with detectives when they first interviewed him. A detective also testified that Vance used the swab to collect the saliva that prosecutors say ties him to the slaying.

"Y'all showed me the utmost respect," Vance said at the end of that interview.

Police arrested Vance on Nov. 26 and detectives conducted another interview with him that night. Vance refused to have the interview recorded, but Hudson testified that the man offered three different versions of what happened the night of the attack on Pressly. Each version put him in the Heights neighborhood, looking to steal laptop computers, the detective said.

Hudson said Vance's final version put him inside Pressly's house, beating her with a garden tool he stole from a backyard shed. Vance later said he threw the tool out of his car when driving over the Arkansas River. When detectives questioned him about Pressly's rape, Vance requested a lawyer and ended the interview.

Asked what Vance looked like during the interview, Hudson offered one word: "Caught."

While in jail, Vance twice asked to speak with detectives. Prosecutors played in court a recording of a Dec. 10 interview in which Vance claimed he committed the robberies with two other men and that they attacked Pressly while he moved his car.

Vance couldn't offer a clear reason why police found his semen on Pressly's bedsheets and body. Piazza asked the recording be stopped after an hour and ordered the hearing to resume Wednesday morning.

Before reviewing evidence Tuesday, Piazza said prosecutors rejecting defense claims that black men convicted in killings are set for executions at an excessive rate.

"Statistics and studies show race plays a role," argued defense lawyer Katherine Streett.

Piazza also said the public and reporters could attend the pretrial hearings, rejecting a defense argument that additional publicity would make it more difficult to find a fair jury.

An open court hearing "is one of the most important rights there is," Piazza said. "I just think the more you hide, the worse it gets as far as scrutiny."

The judge also said he would not isolate jurors during the trial, which is expected to last a week.

http://www.thestate.com/136/story/972754.html?storylink=omni_popular#

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »

Anchor woman beaten with wooden tool.  WESH
http://www.wesh.com/video/21224040/index.html   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=93544&catid=2
Update: Curtis Vance Trial Starts Monday
 Ashley Blackstone  Paul Ritter     15 hrs ago
Curtis Vance's trial is the first death penalty case for Judge Piazza's court in five years. Jury selection starts Monday morning and is expect to last through Wednesday.
Piazza's court tells Today's THV about 120 people have been called as potential jurors.They say that is a higher number than in past death penalty cases. The average is normally around 60.

UALR law professor Felicia Epps says one reason for the increase is likely the publicity this case has received.

She explains, "It is going to be difficult I think to find people who are not really, who can be objective, despite the fact that she was so beloved in our community."

Leaving court, Vance has spoken to the media several times.

Once he said, "I think I'm pretty smart. What ya'll think?" Another time he said, "The judge is ruling on false statements, but that is how it is I guess."

Epps says Vance's comments and inconsistency about Pressley's murder may have tainted potential jurors opinions.

"The key is whether despite whatever exposure they may have had, can they be objective? Can they be fair in this case? Can they apply that presumption of innocence and hold the state to its burden of proof," she explains.

Getting updates to you about what's going on in the trial will be more difficult. The judge has ruled there be no texting, no blogging, no twittering. Cell phones and lap tops must be turned off. If the order is disobeyed, the violator could face a fine.

As for security, the court isn't releasing its plans. However, they do say depending on the crowd size Pulaski County deputies may be called in. Meantime, the trial is expected to last two weeks.
Click here to read more about the case.
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=93149

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 01:16:27 PM »

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »

http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp?S=11426850
Most would-be jurors heard of dead TV anchor case

Associated Press - November 2, 2009 12:24 PM ET

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Of the 100 or so prospective jurors summoned for a capital murder trial, only one told a judge that she had never heard of TV anchorwoman Anne Pressly and her grisly death a year ago.

Curtis Lavelle Vance went on trial Monday in Pressly's death and could be executed if convicted. Circuit Judge Chris Piazza said he expects testimony to begin sometime Wednesday, after he and lawyers select jurors and alternates.

Witnesses expected to testify were brought into court Monday and potential jurors were asked to identify any connections to them. Casual acquaintances were allowed to stay in the pool, but those with close ties were excused.

Vance has pleaded not guilty. Piazza said the trial could take two weeks.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »

http://www.keyc.com/node/29738
In national news this midday:A man accused of killing a popular Arkansas television personality is going on trial.Jury selection begins today in little rock in the trial of Curtis Lavelle Vance.He has pleaded not guilty to capital murder, rape and burglary.Little Rock anchorwoman Anne Pressly was found brutally beaten in her bed in October 2008.She died days later without regaining consciousness.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=201221
Little Rock, AR) -- The man accused of killing Little Rock TV anchor Anne Pressly goes on trial this morning.

Pressly was killed just more than a year ago in her Little Rock home. Police say she was sexually assaulted and beaten.       

Curtis Vance is charged with capital murder. Vance's attorneys say he is mentally +++++++ and may not be fit to stand trial.

The judge ruled that based on previous court appearances Vance does not appear mentally +++++++.

Since his arrest, Vance has claimed he is innocent.

I hope he fries. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 04:47:09 PM »

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=93706&catid=2
Update: Vance Murder Trial Begins In Anne Pressly's Death, 2 Jurors Seated
 Monika  Rued     54 mins ago

Curtis Vance's trial in the murder of KATV anchorwoman Anne Pressly began Monday morning. Jury selection is under way in Pulaski County Circuit Judge Chris Piazza's courtroom in Little Rock and is expected to last three days. However, only two jurors have been seated so far today.
Of the 100 or so prospective jurors summoned for a capital murder trial, only one told a judge that she had never heard of Pressly and her grisly death a year ago.

Witnesses expected to testify and potential jurors were asked to identify any connections to them. Casual acquaintances were allowed to stay in the pool, but those with close ties were excused.

Pressly was found beaten in her Little Rock home in October 2008. She never regained consciousness, but prosecutors say they hope DNA evidence can do the talking for her.

Vance is charged with capital murder, rape and burglary. Prosecutors say they plan to use DNA collected at Pressly's home as well as taped confessions from Vance.

Defense lawyers claimed police coerced Vance into giving up a DNA sample in an interview before his arrest. While on the stand for a pretrial hearing, Vance claimed "police trickery" confused him into giving up the samples and the confessions. They also had repeatedly asked for delays in two cases against Vance.

Vance is from Marianna, about 100 miles east of Little Rock.

He has pleaded not guilty. He could face the death penalty if convicted. Piazza said the murder trial could last two weeks.

THV's Ebone Monet is in court today and will have the latest updates on Today's THV and right here on todaysthv.com throughout the day.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 04:49:18 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/national/68670587.html
Trial begins in murder of TV anchorwoman
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - A man accused of killing a popular Arkansas television personality is going on trial.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin Monday in Little Rock in the trial of Curtis Lavelle Vance. He has pleaded not guilty to capital murder, rape and burglary.

KATV-Little Rock anchorwoman Anne Pressly was found brutally beaten in her bed in October 2008. She died days later without regaining consciousness.

Prosecutors say they plan to use DNA evidence and taped confessions from Vance.

Defense lawyers say police coerced Vance into providing a DNA sample before his arrest. Vance said he was confused by "police trickery."

Vance is from Marianna, about 100 miles east of Little Rock. He could face the death penalty if convicted.
VIDEO     http://www.katu.com/news/national/68670587.html?video=YHI&t=a

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 09:22:51 AM »

http://adg.nwanews.com/news/2009/nov/03/pressly-angles-nixed-trial-20091103/
Pressly angles nixed in trial
Sexual history, pain off limits

By John Lynch
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
The Pulaski County Circuit judge presiding over the death-penalty trial of the man accused of killing Little Rock news anchor Anne Pressly barred prosecutors and witnesses on Monday from discussing the 26-year-old victim’s sexual experience or how much pain she might have suffered when she was attacked.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=93800&catid=2
Curtis Vance Murder Trial Continues In Anne Pressly's Death
 Monika  Rued     1 hr ago
Jury selection continues in the Curtis Vance murder trial. Vance is accused of killing KATV anchorwoman Anne Pressly.
Advertisement

So far, eight jurors have been seated, five men and three women. Judge Chris Piazza says he hopes to begin opening statements Wednesday because witnesses are flying in to testify so he wants to keep the trial on schedule.

The courtroom is packed with reporters jotting down notes as the potential jurors are being interviewed. People are brought in and interviewed one at a time, and asked about what media coverage they have watched. The process continues until a group of six is formed, then the group is interviewed as a whole.

A woman walked into the courtroom, said hello to the judge and that she is Vance's mother although she is not. She then paused and then walked back out of the court. The judge took a break after the disruption.

Meanwhile, the one woman who said Monday that she knew nothing about Pressly's death, said today that recalled that her son received a text message about her death and that Pressly had interviewed her son one time. She remained in court as jury selection continued.

Pressly was found beaten in her Little Rock home in October 2008. She never regained consciousness.

Vance gave police three taped statements, two audio and one video. His story changed with each statement, including one in which he blamed two others for her rape and murder.

Vance is charged with capital murder, rape and burglary. He has pleaded not guilty. He could face the death penalty if convicted. The trial started Monday and Piazza said the murder trial could last two weeks.
THV's Ebone Monet is back in the courtroom today and will have the latest developments right here on todaysthv.com and Today's THV.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »

http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp?S=11434215
Would-be juror remembers details of Pressly death

Associated Press - November 3, 2009 11:44 AM ET

LITTLE ROCK (AP) - A prospective juror who told a judge that she knew nothing about the beating death of television anchorwoman Anne Pressly returned to court Tuesday with a refreshed memory.

The woman was among 100 or so potential jurors summoned to Little Rock for the trial of Curtis Vance, who has pleaded not guilty to capital murder and other charges. She was the only person to tell Pulaski County Circuit Judge Chris Piazza on Monday that she knew nothing about the case.

In court Tuesday, she recalled that her son had received a text message about the killing while they were on a college recruiting visit last year, and remembered that Pressly had once interviewed her son.

The woman remained in court as jury selection continued. Piazza hopes to seat a jury by Wednesday.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.