May 01, 2024, 11:34:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #12 4/13/09 - 4/28/09  (Read 380286 times)
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #380 on: April 17, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »

Keep Hope Alive for Haleigh

Every time I see one of your creations I think it is my favourite, then I see a new one & honestly think the same all over again. Thanks for so many beautiful works & remembering Haleigh, seems the news has forgotten her.

NCSunny

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #381 on: April 17, 2009, 10:21:59 PM »

A 60 year old man just got busted for a lot of coke.....60 years old!

ETA...how much is this? COCAINE-TRAFFIC 150 KG OR MORE

150 Kilos is equal to 330.7 Pounds

BIG BUST!

go here...

http://public.pcso.us/jail/booking.aspx

click on the one from 823pm

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: April 17, 2009, 10:29:42 PM »

A 60 year old man just got busted for a lot of coke.....60 years old!

ETA...how much is this? COCAINE-TRAFFIC 150 KG OR MORE

150 Kilos is equal to 330.7 Pounds

BIG BUST!

go here...

http://public.pcso.us/jail/booking.aspx

click on the one from 823pm

Looks like Putman county is getting a D&C (drug cleanup)   just maybe some these thugs might have some beans to spill that can give some new leads to Haleigh. I

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: April 17, 2009, 10:34:10 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2009/04/h...-update-april/

Samantha says:
April 14, 2009 at 7:46 am
He has something to hide and was not completely truthful or forthcoming. He clearly enjoys the attention.

What is likely here is that he is giving the police a view into Ronald’s world of drugs, selling, using, dealing (not using that much since Child Protective has had so many involvments, he will take random drug tests), and robbing people.

on the 911 call, Ronald threatened the person who had taken his daughter, while the teenager was out having sex and drugging (Ronald jr should not be in their custody; they lost one, must we wait for a 2nd?) because revenge.

Curtis Sliwa is a straight shooter. He reported that when you see someone with a long history of drug arrests with NO CONVICTIONS, you are looking at someone who rolled over on friends. This makes enemies. Someone wanted revenge enough to kill Haliegh. This means that Ron was not involved in $10 bags of marijuana. For that, they would have broken the windows of his pick up truck, or gotten Missy to have sex with a bunch of guys to punish him. This was much worse.

For anyone who does not know, Curtis Sliwa is the founder of the Guardian Angels. I would imagine he knows what he's talking about when it comes to crime, drugs, and the court system.

Haleigh is gone and Ron can only blame himself.

TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #384 on: April 17, 2009, 10:44:54 PM »

TxLady2 ~  I understand what you are saying about scrolling.  But sometimes pics or posts are not appropriate for a missing child's thread, and it can be important to use the "report to moderator" button and let admin and mods know there could be a problem.  It can be hard to read all posts in a large forum, and things get missed that should be edited.  Also, it can be an indicator if a number of posters object to what is being posted.  You have a say here too TXLady2, and if you find something offensive I would like to know that.  Using the report to mod button allows posters to remain anonymous to others.  And admin and mods can decide if the post needs to be edited.  Just reporting doesn't mean it will be edited.  But it is definitely looked at.  Muffy

Well, thank you!! I don't think I've ever reported anything to a moderator... anywhere. But I did get a time out once or twice, not here...because SOMEONE thought I was rude. LOL! Imagine that! You are very kind!

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #385 on: April 17, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »

TxLady2 ~  I understand what you are saying about scrolling.  But sometimes pics or posts are not appropriate for a missing child's thread, and it can be important to use the "report to moderator" button and let admin and mods know there could be a problem.  It can be hard to read all posts in a large forum, and things get missed that should be edited.  Also, it can be an indicator if a number of posters object to what is being posted.  You have a say here too TXLady2, and if you find something offensive I would like to know that.  Using the report to mod button allows posters to remain anonymous to others.  And admin and mods can decide if the post needs to be edited.  Just reporting doesn't mean it will be edited.  But it is definitely looked at.   Muffy

Nicely said Muffy.

I didn't see what was posted but I wanted to add my two cents.  As a mod we have to ability to lock a thread and edit posts.  Klaasend is the administrator of this forum.  There are only 3 people who have that ability (Red and Dugga are the others).  When Klaasend edits a post it is always for the better of this forum.  She should never be questioned.  Klaas is the boss and I consider myself just a helper.  Without her knowledge and guidance every day we would be lost.  She didn't get over 50,000 posts for nothing.  So when someone sees something edited by her it is for a good reason.

Please understand, I was not questioning the mods for editing... just saying that what I find offensive I just scroll past it. I don't blame anyone for reporting something they find offensive. Actually I was commenting on the one poster's complaining about it... not for the reporting. I have great respect for the mods in ANY forum and do not question their actions at all!

Edit to note: We realize you weren't questioning the mods for editing.   San was just quoting off our posts because we were talking about  problem pics reporting, editing and such, and she wanted to clarify some important things some monkeys may not know or realize.  We appreciate your kind words and support
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 07:49:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #386 on: April 17, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »

snip Pink Angel: If they fired him for willful misconduct (which abandonment/no call/no show is)....he isn't illegible for unemployment. He can file but they will reject his claim.

but the mere fact that he has a daughter missing....don't you think that he will get some slack on that? he can say that he was searching, was too distraught etc...I am not saying that he will get anything out of this, but I think that he will probably have a really good case...there will always be some who have not followed this case who will be thinking that his company is heartless for firing him while his daughter is still missing blah blah blah...Mind you, I am not supportive of Ron at all on this job situation...just putting it out there that he may win this case against his employer if he pursues it...maybe not.....time will tell...

one time a guy at our work had not called, had not shown up to work for almost a week,..our risk manager went over to his house and banged on the door....no answer...he was fired for no call, no show...he took it to the unemployment office.. we fought against it....he got it...he told them that he was too sick to get out of bed to open the door....they believed him and he got unemployment! believe it or not!

It could be, Cookie.... but the company can probably fight it.... Ron's fingers were not broken, he could talk and walk... they will say he could have picked up the phone and called them at least. He was not sick, and if he was able to get married, and all the other stuff he did... which his co workers will testify to... he could have gone to work. He might be able to get unemployment with the missing daughter story... but if the company turns it down because the termination was valid,  the state can't do much about it. Maybe they have enough consideration not to fight the unemployment... but they won't let him win a lawsuit, I betcha. AND... if he does qualify for unemployment by some stroke of luck, he will still have to be active in looking for another job.

I was turned down for unemployment about 10 years ago, because we moved back here after living in another part of the state, due to my M.I.L. having terminal cancer... my husband also had a job waiting for him here. They said my reasons were not valid. When I tried to explain that I could not have stayed there while my husband and son moved back home, they still turned me down. Moving 500 miles from a job because of an in-law's illness is not a valid reason to leave a job. Not fair, but that's the way it goes.

ron definitely screwed up by not at least talking to his employer...especially when the custody thing is looming over him and if one of the conditions would be employment...not a real good idea to jeopardize his job...imo....

I agree. Very irresponsible of him, IMO.

The PDM Bridge spokesperson says Cummings never asked for a leave of absence. Cummings could have requested a leave of absence, but failed to do so.

Managers say they had not spoken to Cummings since February 10, the day Haleigh disappeared.

And he was so adamant in interviews saying that he supports his family.

I am thinking he probably wants to live off donations, since I see no way he would collect unemployment for being fired for cause.

And I hear no reports since the very early days of him actually using this time to LOOK for Haleigh.

Unless he was looking in the tatoo parlor, at the mudbogs, and at the fair.
Seriously, you would think that if he is too devastated to even talk to his employers, he would be too devastated to do some of the other things he's done. I don't understand him... I've tried, really tried.

I have a question... some are saying that Kim P. lied or at least was mistaken when she reported that Chad G. had sole custody of his kids now, that it was only visitation. Is there anyway to check the public records in Baker Co. and find out for sure? Or someone that has contact with Crystal or Kim to ask them when this was done? I tend to think Kim would know what she's talking about, since Crystal is her client.
One of the locals remembered that in the very beginning, Chad made the comment he could not go there with Crystal because he had to get his kids ready for school that morning or something to that effect. I also heard that this custody was awarded very recently. TIA.
Brandi, your latest pictures of Haleigh are so......... amazing!

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: April 17, 2009, 11:08:53 PM »

In that thing from Ron's attorney it says he didn't threaten anyone.
I guess he did.
Where I work and I am sure most places do this, there is something called job abandonment. They have to hear from you. If I am sick, I have to call in BEFORE my start time that day. If I am going on leave, it has to be approved before. If there is an accident and in a coma, we're good. But, and believe me, this has happened, a doctor's certificate is mandatory. 
Ron should have called his employer and worked out a return to work plan. Else, they probably have every right to let him go.
PDM is a big company, they must have all their policy written down.
I realize that Ron can claim force majeure but he could speak and use the phone.   

I agree, Katgram... there is no valid excuse not to at least call them, and let them know something. Abandonment means just that... up and leave or not return, and no reason given. Some jobs might accept a two months leave for something like this, but not without some communication during that time. It sounds like he just didn't go back, never called them to let them know anything. Or maybe he or someone (his mom?) called them that first day, but he never followed up afterwards. I can see a company holding a job open for a couple weeks... maybe longer since she was not found. But after a month or two, they might have presumed he just wasn't coming back, didn't care about a job. They are not obligated to hold the job indefinitely.
I assume that these lawyers prefer to accept Ron's word for what happened, rather than the company. They are insinuating that Ron was told he could return to work that Monday, and then changed their minds upon him showing up. I doubt that is the way it happened at all. I am guessing that he just figured he could waltz in, punch the clock and his job was still waiting. I bet he never called them at all, to find out if he still had a job. Or whoever he talked to did not know he was terminated. Whatever... he should have checked in with them occasionally during these two months... he didn't.
He can try to sue them, but I don't know if it will get anywhere. Most big companies have policies in place to prevent former employees from collecting on lawsuits. These idiotic lawyers might try it, but I think they are in over their heads with this one.
I don't know about FL, but in TX, he would not even be eligible for unemployment. If you are fired for a valid reason, forget it. Abandonment is a valid reason.

I have worked in HR for over 30 years.  Each medium to  large company, and most smaller companies, usually have a manual with terms of employment that are given to an individual at time of higher or at orientation. It can be very sophisticated  and complete in nature of scope of information, or it can be as brief as a few photo copied pages.  They sign an acknowledgment of acceptance.  That becomes part of their personnel file.   Depending on the company, they can state that if you do not show up for a day, or 3 days, depending on the state, and you have not called in to report your absence, you will be regarded as having abandoned your job.  Any conversations with any boss, or supervisors are recorded and sent to HR.  A request for a leave of absence IN WRITING must be made and the cause- due to personal issues, or illness, or illness of a close family member, can be made, but depending on the tenure in the position, this is not always granted.   It is never done verbally.

To simply not call, or request in writing a leave of absence, and no contact with an employer for 2 months is certainly grounds for dismissal.  In my opinion, he abandoned the job and has no grounds for a law suit. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #388 on: April 17, 2009, 11:15:21 PM »

I have worked in HR for over 30 years.  Each medium to  large company, and most smaller companies, usually have a manual with terms of employment that are given to an individual at time of hire or at orientation. It can be very sophisticated  and complete in nature of scope of information, or it can be as brief as a few photo copied pages.  They sign an acknowledgment of acceptance.  That becomes part of their personnel file.   Depending on the company, they can state that if you do not show up for a day, or 3 days, depending on the state, and you have not called in to report your absence, you will be regarded as having abandoned your job.  Any conversations with any boss, or supervisors are recorded and sent to HR.  A request for a leave of absence IN WRITING must be made and the cause- due to personal issues, or illness, or illness of a close family member, can be made, but depending on the tenure in the position, this is not always granted.   It is never done verbally.

To simply not call, or request in writing a leave of absence, and no contact with an employer for 2 months is certainly grounds for dismissal.  In my opinion, he abandoned the job and has no grounds for a law suit. 
[/quote]

Self edit for a tired brain on a Friday night! sorry

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: April 17, 2009, 11:18:25 PM »

TxLady...the only thing that I have read is that Chad was recently granted visitation  rights with his children..not that he had custody of the kids....someone else may know more about it...

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2009, 12:10:34 AM »

I dont have a link or a court document, but all I can tell you is when I was in  Putnam, Crystal and Kim both said that Chad had just gotten custody of his children and they never said anything bad about Chads ex, just that she was having problems and Chad got custody so she could straighten out whatever was wrong,,,,,,,also didnt it mention in the statement that Ronalds Lawyer put out yesterday that Chad had just obtained custody of his children...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2009, 12:25:48 AM »

WoW   28 arrests ...today alone.  They are still posting them after midnight.  One guy is 77 yrs. old.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2009, 12:43:56 AM »

WoW   28 arrests ...today alone.  They are still posting them after midnight.  One guy is 77 yrs. old.
I bet this drug bust is somehow connected to this investigation into this case........

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2009, 01:04:38 AM »

Hey  our mutual friend has been in touch and gave me some interesting details about the pictures.....

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2009, 01:05:56 AM »

I bet this drug bust is somehow connected to this investigation into this case........

24 Million is a LOT OF MONEY!!!!  LE has been BUSY.  YES!!! Let's hope that this will bring some new info to this case.  Someone must be like the Monkey's!!!!

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2009, 01:07:55 AM »

Hey  our mutual friend has been in touch and gave me some interesting details about the pictures.....

Are you going to post her info??? 

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2009, 01:10:33 AM »

I dont think so,   you know how they are over there with this kind of stuff...

TiggerKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2009, 01:16:31 AM »

Was it positive info that he or she gave? I saw your pictures and they gave me chills
and a very eerie feeling.
I kept seeing faces like some of you on here. I found them to be very
interesting.

TiggerKitty =^..^=
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2009, 01:22:14 AM »

Was it positive info that he or she gave? I saw your pictures and they gave me chills
and a very eerie feeling.
I kept seeing faces like some of you on here. I found them to be very
interesting.
it was possitive in the sense that some of the people here were right about what was showing up in the pictures........but not positive for Haleigh,   thats what she said...

TiggerKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: April 18, 2009, 01:42:03 AM »

Thats what I was afraid of..that it wasnt going to be good news about Haleigh. I dont get chills very often from looking at pictures but boy I did from yours!!! I was up late that night and home by myself when I saw them and wow I about fell off my chair seeing them! It was spooky. The feeling stayed with me almost the entire night and I couldnt go to sleep. 

TiggerKitty =^..^=
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.