May 14, 2024, 04:30:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 768640 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #640 on: October 21, 2009, 09:54:42 PM »

Thanks, nrcg, for the kind comments about Nevaeh. Our efforts are continuing full steam ahead. Our poster has prompted a good number of tips. We're really happy about it. We will find justice for Nevaeh. It's our promise to her.
Thank-you, I know also that I could never forget her, or Sandra, and Jessica Lundsford whose murder will always haunt me. Even if it takes awhile they will find Nevaeh's killer, patience isn't my strong point.   Capp, I'm sorry, I came on strong, but money it is always about money, I'm on the same page as you, believe me, it just frustrates me that if you want a strong nation, one needs to think of the young of that nation, and I don't see that happening very often.  an angelic monkey
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: October 21, 2009, 10:01:06 PM »

just catching up...this is so very very sad...I am just sick about this little child..God bless you Somer..I pray that you did not suffer...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: October 21, 2009, 10:03:21 PM »

Hundreds Gather At Vigil For Somer
Somer's Mother Thanks Community For Support In Difficult Time

POSTED: Wednesday, October 21, 2009

CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- In the wake of the news that a girl's body feared to be that of 7-year-old Somer Thompson was found at a Georgia landfill Wednesday, Somer's family, along with hundreds of others in the community, gathered Wednesday night at a candlelight vigil held for Somer.

Diena Thompson, Somer's mother, thanked everyone for their support and asked them to sing Somer's favorite song, "You are my sunshine."

"I don't know how to ever repay any of you for helping me for looking for my baby," Diena said as she was brought to tears. "Thank you. Thank everybody. I mean that sincerely. Everything you've done for me is amazing."

MORE....

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21382752/detail.html
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: October 21, 2009, 10:04:54 PM »

I am watching the later edition of NG...she is talking about balloon boy saga! is that really more important and giving that idiot dad attention when a little girl's body has been found! NG is really off her nut sometimes...why do I bother with her..

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #644 on: October 21, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »

I am watching the later edition of NG...she is talking about balloon boy saga! is that really more important and giving that idiot dad attention when a little girl's body has been found! NG is really off her nut sometimes...why do I bother with her..
She really needs to get back to the way she use to do her show, I use to enjoy it, now no thank-you 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: October 21, 2009, 10:44:13 PM »

After an infinitismal day, I just wanted to pay my respects again to Somer and her family.

Please open your heart to peace for this child, many will do the rest to seek justice until your heart heals enough.

Heal now.

Samuel, I have no words, but you are loved, and your sissa is still one minute older, remember that, child of God.

Some days I would rather do anything else. Live in a cave maybe.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: October 21, 2009, 11:09:57 PM »

I just read on Yahoo they found a body of a little girl and it is believed to be this precious little girl. How horrible, just horrible. Are they considering anyone as POI?

I am at a loss for words right now..
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #647 on: October 21, 2009, 11:15:37 PM »

I just saw on the news where somer's mom with with the vigil outside her house. And she was on the ground. There was a bald headed guy kinda like comforting her. Is that the bf?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #648 on: October 21, 2009, 11:21:50 PM »

Oh gosh that poor woman....The pain she must be feeling... my heart is breaking.
She was away from the group for just a little bit...Why?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #649 on: October 21, 2009, 11:22:13 PM »

Hundreds Gather At Vigil For Somer
Somer's Mother Thanks Community For Support In Difficult Time

POSTED: Wednesday, October 21, 2009
UPDATED: 10:08 pm EDT October 21, 2009

At a vigil held for Somer Thompson Wednesday night, an emotional Diena Thompson, Somer's mother, thanked everyone who came to support her and her family.

CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- In the wake of the news that a girl's body feared to be that of 7-year-old Somer Thompson was found at a Georgia landfill Wednesday, Somer's family, along with hundreds of others in the community, gathered Wednesday night at a candlelight vigil held for Somer.

Diena Thompson, Somer's mother, thanked everyone for their support and asked them to sing Somer's favorite song, "You are my sunshine."
"I don't know how to ever repay any of you for helping me for looking for my baby," Diena said as she was brought to tears. "Thank you. Thank everybody. I mean that sincerely. Everything you've done for me is amazing. ... I lover her and I'll miss her."

Hundreds gathered Wednesday night for a candlelight vigil for Somer Thompson.

The staff inspector for the Clay County Sheriff's Office said the sheriff's office has processed more than 1,700 volunteers at the command center set up in the Orange Park neighborhood where Somer went missing Monday afternoon.

The deputy said another 19,000 fliers have been passed out, while about 400 Navy personnel helped search for the girl earlier Wednesday.

Investigators were trying to identify the body found at the landfill. They said the disappearance of Somer is now a criminal investigation.

At a separate vigil held at for Somer at First Baptist Church of Orange Park, the sheriff's staff inspector reiterated what Sheriff Rick Beseler said at a news conference earlier Wednesday, saying, "Whoever you are, wherever you are, we will find you."

The church's pastor, David Tarkington, said he was "saddened and hurt by all of this, but I'm not going to lie, I'm also angry. I'm very angry."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21382752/detail.html

Maybe Caylee and Somer are singing together right now.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: October 21, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »

Janet, I so agree, but what I think happens is people figure, well all these kids are walking home together, and nothing will happen. I'm sure Somer's mom thought she was with her siblings, I don't know, but I wouldn't argue that a child that age shouldn't walk home alone. But at the same time, her mom thought she was walking home with her siblings and friends. I feel horrible for that woman right now, and I'm sure until the day she dies, she will forever torture herself 

The siblings are only children too.

no rose colored glasses ... I wish with all my heart that I could have the compassion that you have for Somer's mother.  I am very angry at her.  She had a God-given responsibility to protect her daughter.

The focus of the tears is a defensive seven year old little girl ... one year young than my granddaughter ... who did not have a  chance against the dangers that lurk ... the dangers that are public record.  The thought of the H--- on Earth that Somer must have gone through makes me want to scream.  That angel deserved so much more.

I apologize.  I am off.

Janet 

++++++

Dense Population of Sex Offenders in Fla. Case Is Alarmingly Typical
Density of Offenders Near Home of Somer Thompson, 7, Missing Since Monday, Is Not Unusual
By RUSSELL GOLDMAN
Oct. 21, 2009

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/150-sex-offenders-live-steps-home-missing-fla/story?id=8881428

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: October 21, 2009, 11:36:20 PM »

After an infinitismal day, I just wanted to pay my respects again to Somer and her family.

Please open your heart to peace for this child, many will do the rest to seek justice until your heart heals enough.

Heal now.

Samuel, I have no words, but you are loved, and your sissa is still one minute older, remember that, child of God.

Blink, may I join you in this cave, please?  an angelic monkey This is just too much!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #652 on: October 21, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »

I just read the news, how awful!  A lady at work today asked me what I knew about the case, and I told her they were searching a landfill.  I just had a sinking feeling even as I was saying it, but hoped and prayed that she wouldn't be there.  That beautiful little girl, thrown out with the trash.  I'm just sick!  I hope they find the POS that did this, and that they never have the chance to hurt another innocent child.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2009-10-21/story/somers_father_birthmark_on_body_found_in_landfill_matches_daughters

Somer's father: Birthmark on body found in landfill matches daughter's

Clay County first grader has been missing since Monday afternoon
BY GORDON JACKSON, DANA TREEN, JIM SCHOETTLERSTORY UPDATED AT 9:49 PM ON WEDNESDAY, OCT. 21, 2009

Facts in the case
Oct. 21 | The body of a small child was found in a Ga. landfill where authorities were looking for Somer Thompson.
Oct. 20 | An Amber Alert was issued about her disappearance.
Oct. 19 | Somer was last seen wearing a cranberry colored jumpsuit with pink-striped sleeves. She is 3-foot-5, weighs 65 lbs and has brown hair.
Oct. 10 | An attempted abduction of a 5-year-old girl took place about a block from where Somer disappeared

ORANGE PARK — Two days almost to the hour after Somer Renee Thompson disappeared walking home from school, a body likely to be the first-grader’s was found Wednesday in a Georgia landfill.

The legs of a child were found protruding from garbage picked up in Clay County and transferred to the Chesser Island Road Landfill in Folkston, Ga., said Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler.

While no positive identification has been made, Somer’s father Samuel Thompson said detectives had identified a circular birthmark on his daughter’s shin.

Thompson wept as he spoke with the Times-Union by phone from his North Carolina home.

“I’m angry. I’m so angry. I’m so hurt,” said Thompson, 41, who is getting a divorce from Somer’s mother. “My baby daughter laying in trash. Discarded like a piece of trash.”

Wednesday night, as about 200 people showing their support outside Diena Thompson’s home on Horton Drive, Somer’s mother thanked them and blamed herself for not knowing how this can happen.

She asked that they sing Somer’s favorite song, “You Are My Sunshine,” which the crowd aptly obliged.

They also sang “Jesus Loves Me” and “This Little Light of Mine” before the 34-year-old mother collapsed, overcome from the day’s developments. Surrounded by her family and boyfriend, she was carried back into their home as the crowd began singing “Amazing Grace.”

Another couple of hundred people also paid tribute at First Baptist Church of Orange Park praying for Somer and the family.

With the finding of the body, Beseler said the direction of the investigation has changed.

“Now we’re looking for a suspect,” he said at an afternoon briefing attended by Gov. Charlie Crist. “Somebody did it, now we’ve got to find out who.”

Beseler would not say if anyone had been questioned about the discovery. An autopsy will be performed in Georgia.

He said detectives discovered the body as part of a routine search of waste hauled from Orange Park and taken to Georgia. They were looking through 100 tons of garbage when they discovered the legs.

Sgt. Dan Mahla of the Sheriff’s Office said investigators spent two hours Tuesday searching the Georgia landfill, then returned Wednesday at 7 a.m.

Into the night on Wednesday, lights had been erected to enable investigators to seek more clues.

Trash from the neighborhood where Somer’s family lived is taken to Rosemary Hill, then transferred to the Georgia landfill. Rosemary Hill was searched Tuesday.

The body was found about 3:30 p.m., almost exactly 48 hours after Somer disappeared after breaking away from her twin brother and an older sister on the way home Monday from Grove Park Elementary School.

Minutes after the sheriff’s announcement about the discovery of a body, a wave of silence spread across the crowd gathered across the street from Somer’s home.

Some adults ushered children away from the area without sharing the news.

Megan Thacker was walking with her child and friends. Her face showed the shock of learning about the find, saying they had been walking near the school about the time Somer was last seen Monday afternoon.

“There were kids passing us and we were trying to figure out if we saw her because we live right here,” Thacker said. “It’s horrible. What is the world coming to. It’s crazy. You don’t want to have your kids anywhere without you.”

Tears streamed down Melissa Crawford’s cheeks as she heard about the body, adding “it hurts me to know” that she probably saw Somer walking by Monday on one for her regular neighborhood walks down Gano.

“It’s just so sad,” Crawford said. “It hits very close to home. I have a 7-year-old at home.”

Mary and Chuck Cosow spoke in the past tense as they sat in chairs looking at the Thompson house. The two used to live a few doors down from the family, and Somer used to come over and play with their dog, Boomer.

“I can still see Somer’s plump hands petting Boomer,” Mary Cosow said. “Now we won’t ever see her again.

Laura Holt, Somer’s aunt, said the entire family is devastated. Holt lives with Somer’s father, who is Holt’s brother.

“We’re not even able to fathom what happened to this poor little girl,” said Holt, 43, sobbing loudly.

“God help the sons of bitches  who hurt my daughter,” Samuel Thompson said. “They better find them.”

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

“They’re not going to live in Orange Park, Florida, anymore,” Thompson said.

The landfill discovery came at the end of two days of intense searching in and around the Orange Park neighborhood where the school is about a mile from Somer’s home. Thousands of fliers were distributed by hundreds of volunteers while law enforcement officers, military members and other searchers looked for the little girl.

Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, has conducted about 1,100 searches for missing people, including the recent disappearance of Haleigh Cummings in Putnam County. Miller said he was helping Clay authorities with the search for Somer.

“I think a lot of us on this one were holding onto the hope she was being held in a house and that she was going to be let loose,” he said. ”This came as a quick, unexpected surprise to us.”

A quick find will mean investigators will get fresh evidence and a clear cause of death.

“Right now I think these things are bad for the perpetrator,” he said.

Julie Caudill, 43, showed up at the staging area about the same time Beseler was making the announcement.

Earlier in the day at a morning briefing with Somer’s mother, Beseler said other leads in the investigation had been dismissed or showed little promise.

He said detectives located a blue Nissan that was sighted in a suspected abduction attempt in the same vicinity 10 days earlier. He said the individuals have been located and are not believed to be connected to Somer’s case. That investigation was not concluded but no arrests had been made.

Beseler and Somer’s mother were together for appearances on three national morning shows in appeals the sheriff said he hoped would generate more tips. Afterward, she recounted her morning with Somer on Monday, recalling putting her daughter’s hair in a ponytail before sending her to school.

“I can’t even remember if I told her I loved her,” she said. “I just went to work and told her to have a good day.”

Somer’s twin brother, Sam, who was with his sister when she separated from a group walking home Monday, busied himself earlier in the day by a neighborhood command post with an important task.

In the shade of a huge live oak that sits across from his home and that has become a makeshift symbol of hope for Somer, her brother carefully rearranged the flowers strewn at the tree’s base among lighted candles and pictures of his sister.

“Somer is going to be so happy when she sees this,” he said, “if we ever get her back.”

Times-Union writers Larry Hannan, Dan Scanlan and Bridget Murphy and correspondent Debra W. Buehn contributed to this report.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: October 21, 2009, 11:54:18 PM »

Just got in and came back to this terrible news....when does this stop? The only thing I can say is I am glad that they found her quickly so that there should be some good DNA for them to catch this SOB with......Prayers for the family and friends.....God Bless Somer
crazybabyborg
« Reply #654 on: October 22, 2009, 12:48:01 AM »

Snipped from the article Texasmom posted:

“God help the sons of bitches  who hurt my daughter,” Samuel Thompson said. “They better find them.”

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

“They’re not going to live in Orange Park, Florida, anymore,”
Thompson said.

I can only hope that there isn't a rift coming between these parents. The Mother doesn't need that right now. Maybe the Dad too, but the Mom just doesn't need that right now.   
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #655 on: October 22, 2009, 12:49:41 AM »

Hello all.

I just got home, I was looking for news and I should have come here first.  They are so busy fighting over "there" that nobody mentioned in two pages that she was found.  I have to go read back now, I am so saddened by the news.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: October 22, 2009, 01:01:06 AM »

Thompson said.

I can only hope that there isn't a rift coming between these parents. The Mother doesn't need that right now. Maybe the Dad too, but the Mom just doesn't need that right now.   

I agree CBB, what a horrible thing for him to say. I hope no one tells her he said that. Can you imagine, her daughter is dead and now she is being threatened with her other children being taken? In regards to the dad, is it true he hadn't seen his daughter in 2 years? Is that a rumor? I certainly hope it is a rumor because if it is true, seems like the situation was all good up until now.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #657 on: October 22, 2009, 01:23:14 AM »

Thompson said.

I agree CBB, what a horrible thing for him to say. I hope no one tells her he said that. Can you imagine, her daughter is dead and now she is being threatened with her other children being taken? In regards to the dad, is it true he hadn't seen his daughter in 2 years? Is that a rumor? I certainly hope it is a rumor because if it is true, seems like the situation was all good up until now.

Hi Tracygirl! Good to see you!

I read that he had not seen her in two years, and also I think the mom said that he wasn't part of their lives. I'll see if I can find that for you.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #658 on: October 22, 2009, 01:45:53 AM »

Here's a link to a video stating the Dad has not seen her in 2 years:

http://www.digtriad.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=newsmaker&maven_referralPlaylistId=playlist&maven_referralObject=1302023963
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #659 on: October 22, 2009, 02:03:26 AM »

Heal now.

Blink, may I join you in this cave, please?  an angelic monkey This is just too much!
Make room for me too! I can't take hearing this again and again. And FLORIDA again!! WTH? 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.