May 06, 2024, 12:58:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #24 9/26/09 - 10/02/09  (Read 450718 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1240 on: September 30, 2009, 11:14:40 AM »

Ok - here are my two cents worth on the confession issue. Priest/penitent privilege is a long honored concept. The basis for it is that a priest should not have to divulge information given to them in the course of their duties with the church. This has been expanded in many places to include not only other denominations, but to anyone that give spiritual advise to a person. The key, from what I learned when I worked in the law is that the priest does not HAVE to disclose. That does not precluding him from disclosing. It only means that no one can make him disclose. In Michigan, child abuse MUST be reported even if it is a clergy that receives the information. Another important point is that the disclosure must be made in the performance of the clergy's duties i.e. during the sacrament of confession.

I think this is important in that (1) Anything that happened to HaLeigh WAS child abuse or neglect and therefore must be reported, (2) if Misty is not Catholic there would be a blurring of the line of the "official duties".  I looked up Florida and spiritual advisers are required to report any known or suspected abuse or neglect.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1241 on: September 30, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »

When Does the Clergy/Priest-Penitent Privilege Apply?

The privilege is a state law, which means each state has its own rules and regulations regarding how it can be used.  Although in the past there were many strict rules regarding its use (such as only applying if the clergy and the confessor were of the same religious denomination), nowadays most states only have two main requirements restricting its use:
The confessor must be speaking to the clergyman in his religious capacity.  This means that you must be talking to the clergyman as your religious adviser, not just as your friend or associate.  Simply having a conversation with a priest is not automatically privileged.
No third parties may be present (unless they too are clergy you are confessing to).  You cannot make a confession in front of other people and still expect the conversation to be secret.

If these two requirements are met, any conversation you have with the cleric, even an admission of murder, is not admissible in court (with the notable exception below).   

Another important question is who holds the privilege; the clergy, the confessor, or both? That is to say, which of the two people involved controls whether it is used.  Can a priest refuse to testify even if the confessor waives his right?  Are the things the priest says privileged too?  The states are divided evenly as to who holds the privilege, with about 1/3 saying the clergy, 1/3 saying the confessors, and 1/3 saying both.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/clergypriest-privilege.html

Clergy as Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect
State Statutes Series

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/clergymandated.cfm

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1242 on: September 30, 2009, 11:20:09 AM »

Clergy as Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect (Florida)

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/clergymandatedall.pdf

Heart
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1243 on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:27 AM »

Good Morning, I could never figure out, and I never will, if you confess something like murder to a priest they don't have to tell. I was born and raised a Catholic, it makes no sense to me 

Excuse my ignorance...Is Misty Catholic? and Do you have to be Catholic to make a confession to a Priest?

Sorry to repeat myself, but if a kind monkey that knows this answer is much appreciated......Do you have to be Catholic to confess to a Priest?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1244 on: September 30, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »

Good Morning, I could never figure out, and I never will, if you confess something like murder to a priest they don't have to tell. I was born and raised a Catholic, it makes no sense to me 

Excuse my ignorance...Is Misty Catholic? and Do you have to be Catholic to make a confession to a Priest?

Sorry to repeat myself, but if a kind monkey that knows this answer is much appreciated......Do you have to be Catholic to confess to a Priest?

I'm not Catholic but I don't beleive so, I think anyone can confess to a priest no matter what their religion is.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1245 on: September 30, 2009, 11:57:19 AM »

I'm not Catholic but I don't beleive so, I think anyone can confess to a priest no matter what their religion is.

Thank you for answering that for me...I was beginning to think I was the invisible monkey.

strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1246 on: September 30, 2009, 12:00:13 PM »

Maybe Misty found Spell Check on her Computer....lol.

Even spell check cannot distinguish between sound alike words like "sole" and "soul".  The dictionary is preferred to spell check to prevent the many misspellings that occur on blogs.
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1247 on: September 30, 2009, 12:12:32 PM »

I just came across this letter and have not seen it posted here. Thought you all might like to see it. (I know we have discussed the contents already.)

well i have not caught up and decided to work my way back but i have 2 questions... can anyone do an accurate x marks the spot in google earth or anything? 1620 ft straight from right side of mh then 36 feet north... i know nothing was found but is this the location of a well atleast? could have been a temporary hiding spot... did this letter get delivered after the nay nay letter mentioning the black bag? can we gat a map of where the well actually is located... noticed he said straight then north... i'm guessing this means direct north... kind of strange since he claims to be an fbi informant and a psychic... the direct north quote makes me think of possible military.... can anyone else do a search for letters dropped off to newspapers signed sam probably in the past 15-20 years... i am guessing that this guy would not have done this until retirement age since he is supposedly 80 now and has either gone senile or is bored and using his ability as a hobby... if he even exists
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1248 on: September 30, 2009, 12:14:07 PM »

I don't know if this guy is related to NayNay or not, but he is in the news

Joe Alan Prevatt of Starke

Prevatt's Bullet Was Self Inflicted

http://www.wcjb.com/news/5086/prevatts-bullet-was-self-inflicted

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1249 on: September 30, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

I don't know if this guy is related to NayNay or not, but he is in the news

Joe Alan Prevatt of Starke

Prevatt's Bullet Was Self Inflicted

http://www.wcjb.com/news/5086/prevatts-bullet-was-self-inflicted

Prevatt is registered as a Sexual Offender.
Positive identification cannot be established unless a fingerprint comparison is made.
http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=22315

Heart
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1250 on: September 30, 2009, 12:20:56 PM »

Thank you for answering that for me...I was beginning to think I was the invisible monkey.
not positive but since confession (pennance_ is one of the 7 sacraments like baptism etc etc then i think you do have to be catholic so that way you can do the other sacramnets first.... i think... like baptism then pennance then first comunnion then confirmation then marriage then priesthood and i'm forgetting some along the way
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1251 on: September 30, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »

Joe Alan Prevatt, 42, of Starke was arrested Feb. 25 by Bradford Deputy Brian Waldorf for failure to properly register address as required by a sexual offender. Prevatt was staying at 511 Center St. next to a day care center, Deputy Waldorf said.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19389615&BRD=2150&PAG=461&dept_id=377013&rfi=6

Heart
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1252 on: September 30, 2009, 12:53:47 PM »

Joe Alan Prevatt, 42, of Starke was arrested Feb. 25 by Bradford Deputy Brian Waldorf for failure to properly register address as required by a sexual offender. Prevatt was staying at 511 Center St. next to a day care center, Deputy Waldorf said.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19389615&BRD=2150&PAG=461&dept_id=377013&rfi=6

Of course he was.
Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #1253 on: September 30, 2009, 12:56:51 PM »

http://www.stephwattsreporter.com/

A link to his site with a picture of him.

Shouldn't a journalist know how to spell though?  LOL it surprised me it was a grown man in "the business"  sounded like a teenage girl writing to me.... oh well, what do I know.
MomofaMarine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1254 on: September 30, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »

Lisa Croslin $0 bond???

http://ccc.nashville.gov/portal/page/portal/ccc/caseSearch/caseSearchPublic/caseSearchPublicResults/?a1=1004965|2564069|CJIS

Semper-Fi
MomofaMarine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1255 on: September 30, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »

Sorry! The link didnt work. Here is what it says.

Defendant Details

Defendant    Case Number    Defendant Status    Case Status
Crosling, Lisa Carmen    GS460391    PENDING    OPEN

Appearance Details

Date    Judge    Court Room    Attorney    Reason
09/30/2009 - 09:00 A.M.    Eisenstein, Dan    Birch Bldg, Court Room 3B    Johnson, Martesha L.    Trial

Charge Details

Charged/Cited Offense(s)    Convicted    Disposition    Bond    Date
Fugitive              $0    

Charging Instrument

Downloads

Click to view affidavit.    

Search Disclaimer

Search will retrieve names as submitted by arresting agency to this office. Some search results may produce records without a date of birth -- if so, please verify by visiting our office before using for official purpose.

NOTE: The "detailed background information" report available via your search will provide information separated in the following categories - CJIS Data and Legacy Data. The definitions of each are below.

* CJIS Data
          o General Sessions Court dispositions beginning January 11, 2000
          o State Trial Court dispositions beginning July 11, 2000
    * Legacy Data
          o Records posted between 1980 and the dates noted above

For records prior to 1980, please contact our office directly.

The public information viewed here reflects the actual filed documents or docket entries required to be kept by the Office of the Davidson County Criminal Court Clerk which are considered to be public record and contained in the official case files. The information provided herein includes the offense(s) with which an individual was charged/cited and the disposition(s) if the case has been concluded. No information is contained herein regarding charges/citations that have been expunged pursuant to state law. The data entry can generally be deemed reliable. However, the information is subject to change at any time. It is important to note the Tennessee General Assembly has made it a criminal offense for information to be made public once it has been expunged pursuant to T.C.A. 40-32-101. Therefore, it is strongly suggested that you update any search before using the information for official purposes. In no event shall the Criminal Court Clerk of Davidson County, Tennessee, be held liable for damage of any nature, direct or indirect, arising from the use of this internet service or product.

Semper-Fi
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1256 on: September 30, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »

Yes klaas and I talked and I was told what I did was wrong and I except that. I don't want no trouble for I love comeing here. I did think of this forum as family. But I do feel like I am being picked on a bit today. But I am sure I prolly am not. I won't say another thing that she says to me I promise. That is all I can say. Is that I am sorry

It was not my intent to make you feel singled out.  It's not easy moderating all of these threads, and I'll never fill Klaas's shoes, for sure.  If this was a case of poor judgement on my part, you'll be the first to know. 

Let's carry on.....justice for Haleigh. 

Hi,

May I please have an example to what is OK, and was it not?  I understand posting chatting conversations is dead wrong.
What if I quote Ms. Nancy from her show on the pillow cases, is that acceptable?  I know that isn't chat or is it?
Thank-you, I just wish to be clear on the futher postings.

Seahorse~  Ms Nancy has a tv show that is open for everyone to watch, so that wouldn't be a personal chat.  We are supposed to give a link for quotes and articles  brought to Scared Monkeys from outside sources.  If I remember correctly, you just made a brief comment about the pillowcases.  That isn't chat. 

What luvmyboys got into trouble with was taking what was said in a chat/chatroom and printing that conversation.  That is personal.  Can you see the difference? 

Thank-you, yes, I can see the difference because it could be a one side conversation.

I find this interesting site, it is almost impossible for me to wrap my brain around these guys, so I am posting it so others can try.

http://ccc.nashville.gov/portal/pls/portal/PORTAL.CASESEARCHDEFENDANTNAMEPUB.show

I typed in Croslin and many of the surname of pops up. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1257 on: September 30, 2009, 01:18:18 PM »

I typed in (sorry to repeat) only the last name, I find you can glean so much more with just the last name search.

http://ccc.nashville.gov/portal/page/portal/ccc/caseSearch/caseSearchPublic/caseSearchPublicForms

Public Case Search - From Defendant Name 

Search Results

Defendant Name Date of Birth
Croslin, Angel  01-NOV-80
Croslin, Carman  10-JAN-57
Croslin, Carman   
Croslin, Christie  06-MAY-78
Croslin, Clester  17-AUG-32
Croslin, David  30-AUG-55
Croslin, David   
Croslin, Donald   
Croslin, Edna  14-OCT-52
Croslin, Edna  14-OCT-53
Croslin, Fred  13-NOV-27
Croslin, Fred  28-JUL-42
Croslin, George  09-FEB-55
Croslin, Glen  09-APR-52
Croslin, Glenn   
Croslin, Hank  03-AUG-68

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1258 on: September 30, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »

I was just looking her up since she was supposed to appear in court this morning.

I see no changes in her bond. (What are you seeing that's different?)

I also thought after court, she would probably be extradited back to Putnam County. I guess the day is still young.

MomofaMarine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1259 on: September 30, 2009, 01:28:37 PM »

I was just looking her up since she was supposed to appear in court this morning.

I see no changes in her bond. (What are you seeing that's different?)

I also thought after court, she would probably be extradited back to Putnam County. I guess the day is still young.

Lisa Croslin can no longer bail out. Bail changed from $100,000 to $0 http://bit.ly/11jr5a

Semper-Fi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.