May 17, 2024, 07:51:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #27 10/15/09 - 11/10/09  (Read 418482 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: October 21, 2009, 08:13:32 AM »

Haleigh's Former Stepmom Has Purse Snatched

Posted: 7:16 am EDT October 21, 2009Updated: 7:35 am EDT October 21, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Croslin, the former stepmother of missing girl Haleigh Cummings, seems to be finding trouble wherever she goes in Central Florida.

Authorities in Putnam County say Misty's purse was stolen at an apartment in Palatka on Monday night.

Police say she was there to buy drugs. During the purse snatching, she was dragged from the car but not severely injured.

A couple of weeks ago, Seminole County deputies held Croslin at gun point after she was in a car involved in a road rage incident.

Croslin is the last known person to see five-year-old Haleigh last February.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21358152/detail.html

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #941 on: October 21, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »

Croslin Robbed Trying to Buy Drugs

The 17-year-old former stepmother of missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings was robbed Monday while at a Palatka apartment complex with two other women. One of the women told police they were there to buy drugs.

Palatka police said Misty Cummings, from whom Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, recently divorced, was robbed by two or three men about 8:15 p.m. at the Ragsdale Apartment Complex on Moody Road. Police said her purse was stolen and she received minor injuries. The amount of money believed to be in the purse was not disclosed in the report, spokesman James Griffith said.

One of the other women, age 18, drove off with Cummings. The third woman, age 22, ran off on foot and later told police that the three went to the apartment complex attempting to buy drugs.

Police have not identified any suspects in the case. Anyone with information can call the Palatka Police Department at (386) 329-0115.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5488421.php

Heart
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #942 on: October 21, 2009, 09:26:12 AM »

Haleigh's Former Stepmom Has Purse Snatched

Posted: 7:16 am EDT October 21, 2009Updated: 7:35 am EDT October 21, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Croslin, the former stepmother of missing girl Haleigh Cummings, seems to be finding trouble wherever she goes in Central Florida.

Authorities in Putnam County say Misty's purse was stolen at an apartment in Palatka on Monday night.

Police say she was there to buy drugs. During the purse snatching, she was dragged from the car but not severely injured.

A couple of weeks ago, Seminole County deputies held Croslin at gun point after she was in a car involved in a road rage incident.

Croslin is the last known person to see five-year-old Haleigh last February.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21358152/detail.html

Good Morning,

Where is her cell phone?  When the robber pulled her purse. was her cell phone in her purse?  I would just love to know what messages are on Misty's cell phone. I hope LE finds the phone IF it was in the purse.  I imagine the phone was on misty's waist or in her pocket, (if it wasn't) the guy just may have something more valuable than money, her messages and phone contacts.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: October 21, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »

Chad E out on bond

CHAD  DONALD  ELLIOTT
Palatka ,  FL
Booking Date & Time: 10/17/2009 3:09:42 AM  - Booking#: 09-04282
Release Date & Time: 10/20/2009 7:23:00 PM
DOB: 6/21/1962 -  RACE: W  -  SEX: M
Charges       Misd/Felony   Degree   Bond   Bond Posted
893.13-1a1   SYNTH NARCOTIC-POSSESS WIT SELL MFG OR DELIVER SCHEDULE I OR II   F   S    $1,504.00    10/20/2009 7:06:13 PM
893.147-1   NARCOTIC EQUIP-POSSESS AND OR USE   M   F    $504.00    10/20/2009 7:04:06 PM
                $2,008.00    

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #944 on: October 21, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »

thanks for all the updates, I really have to think this through, one thing I'm glad Misty is with her family, they may not be the best, but at least she has something 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: October 21, 2009, 10:45:34 AM »

so, did I read that right? Misty stops at Burger King and Taco Bell before going to the hospital for her injuries? hmmmmm....why was she so hungry? don't you get really starving from smoking that wacky tobaccy? or maybe she was so busy looking for Haleigh or for a job that she just didn't take the time to eat all day...

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #946 on: October 21, 2009, 10:53:27 AM »

so, did I read that right? Misty stops at Burger King and Taco Bell before going to the hospital for her injuries? hmmmmm....why was she so hungry? don't you get really starving from smoking that wacky tobaccy? or maybe she was so busy looking for Haleigh or for a job that she just didn't take the time to eat all day...

I thought she was ambulanced to hospital right after,so WHY did she need to go again?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: October 21, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-misty-cummings-robbed-102009,0,4809536.story

Police: Misty Cummings robbed while trying to buy drugs

Misty Cummings was babysitting Haleigh Cummings, 5, when the Satsuma child disappeared in February.

Rene Stutzman

Sentinel Staff Writer

9:54 PM EDT, October 20, 2009

PALATKA

The teenager who was caring for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings the night she disappeared from her Satsuma mobile home was robbed this week while trying to buy drugs in Palatka, police reported Tuesday.

Misty Cummings, 17, of Satsuma, suffered minor injuries when someone grabbed her purse in a parking lot at a public housing complex Monday night, said Palatka Assistant Police Chief James Griffith.

Cummings was sitting in a car in the complex parking lot when a man grabbed her purse and dragged her outside, Griffith said.

She was with two other young women, and one of them also had her purse snatched, according to a police report.

Cummings was watching Haleigh Cummings, her boyfriend's daughter, in February the night the Satsuma child disappeared. Misty later married Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, but they have since divorced.

On Monday night, Cummings and two friends had gone to Palatka's Ragsdale Apartment, looking for drugs, Griffith said. The women had given a man some money for drugs then he disappeared, Griffith said.

One of the women had grown impatient, gotten out of the car and was trying to track him down when two or three men grabbed her purse and the one belonging to Cummings, Griffith said.

He said authorities were looking for the suspects.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: October 21, 2009, 11:20:38 AM »

http://kidsinperil.blogspot.com/2009/10/haleigh-cummings-babysitter-gets.html
Posted by Administrator on Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Haleigh Cumming's Babysitter Gets Roughed Up in Drug Deal, Plus Misty Croslin's Dad Changes his Tune
On the night Haleigh Cummings, then 5, disappeared Misty Croslin was supposed to be watching her.  Misty, 17, was Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cumming's girlfriend at the time, later his wife, and now his ex-wife.  Misty claims she woke up and Haleigh was gone, someone took her.  Everyone from Ronald to Haleigh's biological mom, Crystal Sheffield, to law enforcement, to Misty's own family has questioned her story as to what happened that night.

Misty Croslin was robbed this week when allegedly attempting to buy drugs at a public housing complex in Palatka.  There were two other girls with her, Melinda Santmyer, 22, and Brandy Steedley, 18, one of them was also robbed.  Croslin was waiting in the car with Steedley when she was forced out of the car by 2-3 men and her purse was stolen.  According to Misty's father, one of the men had a gun.  Misty was treated for minor injuries at a local hospital.

According to Art Harris, Misty's parents recently took her out for fast food where her dad questioned her about the night Haleigh disappeared.  Misty Croslin's father, Hank Croslin, had previously said that he believes that she may not have been home that night.  Now he states that he believes Misty and that she's simply a heavy sleeper, that is why she didn't hear her brother Tommy knocking.
In other Haleigh related news, Kristina "Nay Nay" Prevatt has been released from jail.  She is the author of the jailhouse letters claiming police said that Haleigh OD'd and her body was thrown in the Mondex.Click here for the first letter, and here for the second letter.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: October 21, 2009, 11:58:02 AM »

possibility:
misty gave all her scripts to her fam to celebrate her welcome home... the only way to get a early refill is to have a police report of them being stolen... used to be lost or stolen but now most doc's require a police report... bring a strap and a pill bottle with some crushed up tylenol... oh waah my pills were destroyed i need more....
or the pill bottle was crushed because that is all misty had of value and she held on with dear life... i don't see why tey would have had to pull her out of the car to get her purse or if they got the purse why the pill bottle would have been crushed and left behind...

Think I'll go with this possibility, pennyforyourthoughts -

Why would they want the fact they were looking for drugs brought to anyone's attention?   It doesn't make sense to me.  Wonder what pills were in that crushed up bottle?

Someone said a day or two ago we would be hearing from Misty again!
It didn't take long.       

could be as simple as cop saying why are you here? to buy drugs? girl 1,2,or 3 says no how are we supposed to do that we have no money we just got robbed... cop translates that to they were here buying drugs but got robbed instead...
either that or they are just as dumb as all the other dumb asses on cops that complain when they get robbed by a dealer...
i don't know but misty going to the hospital afterward and reporting the crime in the first place says to me that she was seeking more scripts... jmo/gut feeling... why else would you report it... it's not like she had credit cards to cancel... also find it strange that all that was left after the scuffle was a strap and a crushed pill bottle with unknown drugs in it... narcotics now have a description of what the pilllooks like on the side of the bottle... so why couldn't the cop match up the description to the pills?
would also like to state that if the labelon the bottle was tampered with removed or anything else then the person should have been charged with illegal possession of narcotic... it is illegal to have your narcs not in a proper labeled bottle... granted if you get arrested for that and then present the script at court then charges are usually dropped but if someone especially if it were misty claimed ownership of them and the pills were unidentifiable by the cops then someone should have been arrested... my friend got pulled over a 2am with script ibuprofin loose in her pocket book and was charged with possession... charges were later dropped... but still
Yep, if you don't have money to get drugs, go to a hospital, complain of pain due to assault...and hope for the prescription.  If Misty is on SS, would she get her prescription med's free or at a nominal cost?
I so think you're right - and it's an attempt to get more drugs. 
I don't believe that three guys would not be able to overtake Misty.

...and where the h is little Haleigh, Misty?

generic percs are only $10 for 30
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: October 21, 2009, 12:00:21 PM »

Can...just wondering why would Misty be entitled to SS?
cookie, I don't know.  Social Assistance, welfare, whatever it is called in the U. S.  Not too familiar with your system.
Lots of able bodied young people in Canada get it.

Lots of able bodied young people get it here as well,and often times,those who need it are turned down.

With Misty not having any children and not disabled, I would think that the only thing that she could qualify for would be food stamps.  Hopefully not all able bodied people that refused to work are offered and received assistance just because they don't want to and won't work.

yup but wasn't she on anti anxiety meds already reported supposedly... if she was she could make a case for post traumatic stress disorder and not have to work as being mentally disabled
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: October 21, 2009, 12:02:17 PM »

cookie, I don't know.  Social Assistance, welfare, whatever it is called in the U. S.  Not too familiar with your system.

Lots of able bodied young people get it here as well,and often times,those who need it are turned down.

With Misty not having any children and not disabled, I would think that the only thing that she could qualify for would be food stamps.  Hopefully not all able bodied people that refused to work are offered and received assistance just because they don't want to and won't work.

Just chiming in...I believe she is on SSI.  Probably since birth and she would then be entitled to FL Medicaid for free docs and drugs.  She is more than likely been considered ADHD with underlying psychological problems.  I'm sure her folks learned very early on how to play that game.  That is why most of the poor people (like the Croslin and Cummings gang) don't have to work.  I am not degrading the poor, just the system bleeders/suckers.  They get their kids hooked up on SSI and at $550 per kid, free medical and food stamps you can survive here in FL.  I also remembered that Misty would have to get married or emancipated to get her check sent to her without a guardian.  So I do believe she is getting a check, it's the only thing that makes sense.  Oh, you can also get Sect. 8 which will pay all your rent if needed.  I hear a lot of the docs here aren't falling for the "I've been robbed, here is my report now gimme more scripts" ploy.  Some are real shady and do whatever you want.  I don't put anything past Misty.  Now do we know who are these friends in low places she is with?
i agree about the doc note police report thing as that is what they are now cracking down on everywhere... which is why i think she took the trip to the er ... hoping she could get a temp refill
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #952 on: October 21, 2009, 12:05:08 PM »

Just chiming in...I believe she is on SSI.  Probably since birth and she would then be entitled to FL Medicaid for free docs and drugs.  She is more than likely been considered ADHD with underlying psychological problems.  I'm sure her folks learned very early on how to play that game.  That is why most of the poor people (like the Croslin and Cummings gang) don't have to work.  I am not degrading the poor, just the system bleeders/suckers.  They get their kids hooked up on SSI and at $550 per kid, free medical and food stamps you can survive here in FL.  I also remembered that Misty would have to get married or emancipated to get her check sent to her without a guardian.  So I do believe she is getting a check, it's the only thing that makes sense.  Oh, you can also get Sect. 8 which will pay all your rent if needed.  I hear a lot of the docs here aren't falling for the "I've been robbed, here is my report now gimme more scripts" ploy.  Some are real shady and do whatever you want.  I don't put anything past Misty.  Now do we know who are these friends in low places she is with?
double quoting... you have to be 18 for section 8 no ifs ands or buts about it... and to be officially emancipated you need to prove you can care for yourself like have a job... wonder what her status is now that she is no longer married?
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #953 on: October 21, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »

MISTY CROSLIN; JUST SAYING “HIGH”

October 21, 2009 by Steph

MistyNEWPolice: Misty Croslin robbed, injured during bad drug deal

FROM BAD TO WORSE FOR MISTY; STOP HORSING AROUND

Recently single Misty Croslin, (her seven-month marriage to the missing girl’s father, Ronald Cummings ended Thursday), decided to celebrate her new found independence by getting high as a kite. Now she has been named as one of three young women who tried, and failed, to buy drugs at the Ragsdale Apartment Complex, police reported.
The trouble-attracting teenager, who was the last known person to see HaLeigh Cummings alive, was robbed and injured Monday night during a drug deal gone bad, according to the Palatka Police Department.

Croslin, 17, Brandy Steedley, 18, and Melinda Santmyer, 22, went to the apartments on Moody Road in Palatka around 8:15 p.m. Monday, according to the report.

Allegedly, two or three unidentified black males approached their car and reportedly grabbed Croslin and stole her purse.
She managed to get into the car, and Steedley drove away — leaving Santmyer behind to flee on foot, police said. Investigating officers reportedly interviewed Santmyer at an apartment in the complex. “She told officers that they came to the apartment complex attempting to buy drugs,” according to the police department report. “She stated that she got out of the car to look for an unidentified man they gave money to for drugs. “As she was going back to the vehicle the unidentified suspects came up to them” and stole Croslin’s purse. So much for the party.

Anyone with information about the reported Monday night attack in Palatka is asked to call the police department at 329-0115.

http://stephww.wordpress.com/

Heart
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: October 21, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »

Recently single Misty Croslin, (her seven-month marriage to the missing girl’s father, Ronald Cummings ended Thursday), decided to celebrate her new found independence by getting high as a kite. Now she has been named as one of three young women who tried, and failed, to buy drugs at the Ragsdale Apartment Complex, police reported.
The trouble-attracting teenager, who was the last known person to see HaLeigh Cummings alive, was robbed and injured Monday night during a drug deal gone bad, according to the Palatka Police Department.

Croslin, 17, Brandy Steedley, 18, and Melinda Santmyer, 22, went to the apartments on Moody Road in Palatka around 8:15 p.m. Monday, according to the report.

Allegedly, two or three unidentified black males approached their car and reportedly grabbed Croslin and stole her purse.
She managed to get into the car, and Steedley drove away — leaving Santmyer behind to flee on foot, police said. Investigating officers reportedly interviewed Santmyer at an apartment in the complex. “She told officers that they came to the apartment complex attempting to buy drugs,” according to the police department report. “She stated that she got out of the car to look for an unidentified man they gave money to for drugs. “As she was going back to the vehicle the unidentified suspects came up to them” and stole Croslin’s purse. So much for the party.

Anyone with information about the reported Monday night attack in Palatka is asked to call the police department at 329-0115.

Am I the only one who thinks the picture with this article is out of place?

How odd!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: October 21, 2009, 12:47:07 PM »

Yes, Brandi it does looks out of place.  What bothers me is I go in and out of feeling sorry for Misty, I can't help myself. I just am exhausted from this case and what I'm thinking, I just don't know anymore at all 
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: October 21, 2009, 12:54:19 PM »

How odd!

Horse - didn't that used to be slang for heroin?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: October 21, 2009, 01:10:09 PM »

Yes
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #958 on: October 21, 2009, 01:23:36 PM »

How odd!

Horse - didn't that used to be slang for heroin?
Thanks numbersgirl! And did you notice the warning sign in the background in the picture? 

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: October 21, 2009, 01:58:26 PM »

Another gem from Player      raisincharlie 
Racing Doesn't Lie   Join Date: Oct 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by player 
To kind explain the white truck, he bought that lemon to restart his tree business. It has been one breakdown after another. He needed the lift and towing capacity that the vehicle offered. however he didn't need 10k in repairs. He told me he could have bought a damn near new one for what he has in that. His 1990-92 Nissan has a bad motor. Apparently wives forget to check oil.. In comes GMS to the rescue. Another fine day in Paaradise....

Come on now, as much care that you said Ron took of that car, even removing seats to clean it, surely Ron himself would have occasionally checked the oil. Especially with all the problems with the truck, seems he would share some driving with Misty and thus responsibility. It was the vehicle he was driving when they went to visit Amber's GMa's neighborhood. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.