May 01, 2024, 06:11:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 441542 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1300 on: April 13, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/04/13/sandra-cantu-murder-family-of-melissa-huckaby-speaks/

Sandra Cantu Murder: Family of Melissa Huckaby Speaks
momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1301 on: April 13, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »

I have a question for Traceygirl or anyone that can give me his name.  At the beginning of the thread there were 3 large PICS of a man letting the pastor into the church. I believe the name was Williams, apparently there are two....but I am interested if there is any info on him. He looks familiar to me. I worked in the system years ago.....just curious... \\

I have not read entire thread, sorry.
Clarice

Goodmorning Clarice - you'll find some information and pictures on Williams here:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/04/09/sandra-cantu-casenew-developments/

He's high on my list of suspicious people.  I find it hard to believe she acted alone.

Good morning klaas, and everyone.
I also think he was involved. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1302 on: April 13, 2009, 09:41:39 AM »

Horowitz was interviewed.  He said that her attorney MUST ask for a change of venue or it will be malpractice on the attorney's part.  With the whole town looking for Sandra, MH will not get a fair trial there.  Bring her to my county.  I can be fair and impartial 
Good Morning everyone, this is what makes my blood boil. All you ever here is the defendant won't get a fair trial, now how is that, I wonder? Move it anywhere I don't care, it's up to the jury to figure all the evidence out and come up with what ever verdict. Again you never hear will the victim get a fair trial. 
lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1303 on: April 13, 2009, 09:46:35 AM »

I have a question for Traceygirl or anyone that can give me his name.  At the beginning of the thread there were 3 large PICS of a man letting the pastor into the church. I believe the name was Williams, apparently there are two....but I am interested if there is any info on him. He looks familiar to me. I worked in the system years ago.....just curious... \\

I have not read entire thread, sorry.
Clarice

Goodmorning Clarice - you'll find some information and pictures on Williams here:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/04/09/sandra-cantu-casenew-developments/

He's high on my list of suspicious people.  I find it hard to believe she acted alone.

Good morning klaas, and everyone.
I also think he was involved. 
Great job again BLINK...
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1304 on: April 13, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/04/13/sandra-cantu-murder-family-of-melissa-huckaby-speaks/

Sandra Cantu Murder: Family of Melissa Huckaby Speaks

Thank-you so much for this article, yeh, Melissa's actions just came out of nowhere 
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1305 on: April 13, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »

No Known Motive in Teacher's Accused Slaying of Sandra Cantu
Families of Sandra Cantu and Accused Murderer Say They Are Shocked at Arrest of One of Their Own
By SARAH NETTER and LAURA MARQUEZ
April 13, 2009 
When the Sunday school teacher accused of murdering 8-year-old Sandra Cantu turned herself into police last week for questioning, she was "calm and cool and collected," according to police in Tracy, Calif.

The family of Sandra Cantu say they were stunned to learn that neighbor and local Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby, bottom left, had been arrested in the gruesome murder of the Tracy, Calif. second-grader.
(ABC)But so far, police say, there's no known motive for why Melissa Huckaby allegedly killed the second-grader, a neighbor and playmate of her daughter's, and stuffed her body into a suitcase that was tossed into a nearby irrigation pond. The suitcase, police allege, belonged to Huckaby.

"We're very, very shocked," said Joani Hughes, Huckaby's aunt. "It's very out of character for Melissa."

Huckaby's family described the granddaughter of the local pastor as a devoted mother to her 5-year-old daughter who had a wonderful singing voice.

But her father, Brian Lawless, said that his daughter had often struggled with raising a child on her own and had sometimes suffered from bouts of depression. She'd also been in trouble with the law. When she was arrested Friday night on kidnapping and murder charges, after six hours of questioning, she was on probation for theft.

"I have no doubt in mind she knows right from wrong," her grandfather, Clove Road Baptist Church pastor Lane Lawless, said. "At least I thought she did. Maybe I'm mistaken"

The community in the mobile home park where Huckaby and Sandra lived has now had a few days to digest the news that one of its own is allegedly responsible for the crime that has rattled the entire town of Tracy. But that hasn't made it any easier for Sandra's family.

"We couldn't believe that, you know, a mother of a little girl that she used to play with was the one that killed her, allegedly," Sandra's uncle, Joe Chavez, told "Good Morning America" today.

Chavez said his sister, Maria Chavez, Sandra's mother, was "holding up as well as she can."

"Yesterday was a very somber Easter for us," he said.

Huckaby remains on suicide watch and is due to be arraigned in court Tuesday. Police say that when Sandra was captured on a surveillance camera, happily skipping down the street, she was on her way to play at Huckaby's home.

Police apparently began to narrow in on Huckaby early last week when investigators from Tracy and the FBI began searching the Clover Road Baptist Church. Huckaby had made comments to the local media about her suitcase having been stolen and, later, that she had found a note after Sandra disappeared, apparently from the killer

On Sunday, the church invited reporters inside for Easter services, provided no cameras were used. A prayer was said for Sandra and her family. And near the end, another prayer was said, this one for Huckaby.

Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman told "Good Morning America" that on Friday night, as the police questioning continued, Huckaby's once-collected demeanor began to crack.

"As the evening wore on, she became concerned and then was very emotional at one point and wanted to take a break, he said. "There was enough information that had given us probable cause to arrest her."

While Sheneman said, statistically speaking, it is "extremely unusual" for a woman to be involved in a murder such as Sandra's, police still don't have all the details.

"We do not have a motive and we have not been able to develop one," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=7321954&page=1

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1306 on: April 13, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hFkAcbDiaWNAlvTeLoNfmALikD3gD97HJAEO1

There is a picture of Melissa here that I had not seen....sorry, I dont know how to post photos.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1307 on: April 13, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hFkAcbDiaWNAlvTeLoNfmALikD3gD97HJAEO1

There is a picture of Melissa here that I had not seen....sorry, I dont know how to post photos.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1308 on: April 13, 2009, 09:58:08 AM »

Thanks Klaas!  That's the one.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1309 on: April 13, 2009, 10:23:57 AM »

Thanks for that and the above article. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1310 on: April 13, 2009, 10:26:50 AM »

So now we are hearing about bouts of depression, please, how many people across the world suffer from depression and don't kill a child and put the child in a suitcase. Her family has to be aware of more then depression in Melissa's life, she lived with her grandparents they must have noticed some disturbing actions from Melissa.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1311 on: April 13, 2009, 10:41:40 AM »

So now we are hearing about bouts of depression, please, how many people across the world suffer from depression and don't kill a child and put the child in a suitcase. Her family has to be aware of more then depression in Melissa's life, she lived with her grandparents they must have noticed some disturbing actions from Melissa.
Thanks all and a few thoughts-

Her Dad initially answered a reporters question that he had no concerns other than that of a fatherly type about Melissa's emotional state. He then says she has a history of depression . Most of the communication with her is through his wife, he has not seen or spoken to her since December.

Her daughter was in kindergarden. On what basis could her Gma (lawless) take her out of school for a vacation beginning March 28th? That would be truency, and illegal where I live.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1312 on: April 13, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »

I swear that is Casey Anthony's evil twin.

Wonder if Ol' George was ever in Ca?

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1313 on: April 13, 2009, 10:45:59 AM »

Her Dad initially answered a reporters question that he had no concerns other than that of a fatherly type about Melissa's emotional state. He then says she has a history of depression . Most of the communication with her is through his wife, he has not seen or spoken to her since December.

Her daughter was in kindergarden. On what basis could her Gma (lawless) take her out of school for a vacation beginning March 28th? That would be truency, and illegal where I live.
Yes it would be, I did not realize her daughter was in kindergarden. So now this brings up more questions for me. If this child is sickly and thin, did the teacher not notice that perhaps something wasn't quite right? And I wonder why the father hasn't spoken to Melissa since December?
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1314 on: April 13, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »

I would think that the theft charges from last November should have alerted them that there was a problem of some sort.  That happened while she was living with the grandparents.  I am making the assumption that they knew about the charges, and the probation.  If she was declaring mental illness then, the family had to be aware of it in some measure. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1315 on: April 13, 2009, 10:53:26 AM »

Her daughter was in kindergarden. On what basis could her Gma (lawless) take her out of school for a vacation beginning March 28th? That would be truancy, and illegal where I live.

Is it possible that was spring break week?  It was here, and in many other states.  With a teachers permission, a child can be taken out of school for a family vacation. Happens all the time. They are usually given work to complete while on vacation. 

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1316 on: April 13, 2009, 11:01:19 AM »

Accused Calif. mom has area ties

Created April 12, 2009 at 8:00pm

Updated April 13, 2009 at 1:59am
A Topeka man may be able to provide some answers for law enforcement investigating the California woman who was arrested Saturday for allegedly killing an 8-year-old girl and stuffing her into a suitcase.

Melissa Huckaby, a 28-year-old Sunday school teacher in Tracy, Calif., was taken into custody over the weekend in connection with the kidnapping and death of Sandra Cantu, a story which has been in the national news since the girl went missing March 27.

Huckaby was once married to and had a child with Johnny Huckaby, who lived in Topeka for several years but may not have been a native Topekan. Their daughter wasn’t the child Melissa Huckaby is suspected of killing.

Melissa Huckaby was using local lawyer Ward Rowe to help obtain child support from her ex-husband.

Phone calls to Rowe on Sunday weren’t immediately returned, but records showed multiple claims were filed through Shawnee County District Court, the most recent in February, to obtain the money Johnny Huckaby owed. His wages were garnished in order to collect, but the court records don’t indicate where he was employed.

According to reports from the San Francisco Chronicle, Melissa Huckaby was pregnant with Johnny Huckaby’s daughter, who is now 5, when the two separated and later divorced. Johnny Huckaby filed for a marriage license with Amanda Mays, of Topeka, a little more than a year later in 2006.

Members of the media were unable to reach Johnny or Amanda Mays Huckaby in Topeka since the news of Melissa Huckaby’s arrest. Reports indicate the couple may have moved to Arkansas.

Their last known phone number in Topeka has been disconnected, and a new resident moved into their last known address in October.

The resident said Sunday that Shawnee County sheriff’s deputies were at his house looking for Johnny Huckaby on Saturday, the same day Melissa Huckaby was arrested. It wasn’t known whether the deputies’ search was related to the arrest, as phone calls to the sheriff’s office weren’t immediately returned.

Johnny and Amanda Mays Huckaby have several listings in district court records for debts unpaid to local medical care providers and a local bank.

Melissa Huckaby also had problems with debt in California, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, and had one arrest for petty theft. Relatives said the churchgoing mom hit “a rough patch” in her life and moved in with her grandparents in Tracy, a city of 78,000 people about 60 miles east of San Francisco.

--snipped--

http://www.cjonline.com/news/2009-04-12/accused_calif_mom_has_area_ties

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1317 on: April 13, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »

A Topeka man may be able to provide some answers for law enforcement investigating the California woman who was arrested Saturday for allegedly killing an 8-year-old girl and stuffing her into a suitcase.

Melissa Huckaby, a 28-year-old Sunday school teacher in Tracy, Calif., was taken into custody over the weekend in connection with the kidnapping and death of Sandra Cantu, a story which has been in the national news since the girl went missing March 27.

Huckaby was once married to and had a child with Johnny Huckaby, who lived in Topeka for several years but may not have been a native Topekan. Their daughter wasn’t the child Melissa Huckaby is suspected of killing.

Melissa Huckaby was using local lawyer Ward Rowe to help obtain child support from her ex-husband.

Phone calls to Rowe on Sunday weren’t immediately returned, but records showed multiple claims were filed through Shawnee County District Court, the most recent in February, to obtain the money Johnny Huckaby owed. His wages were garnished in order to collect, but the court records don’t indicate where he was employed.

According to reports from the San Francisco Chronicle, Melissa Huckaby was pregnant with Johnny Huckaby’s daughter, who is now 5, when the two separated and later divorced. Johnny Huckaby filed for a marriage license with Amanda Mays, of Topeka, a little more than a year later in 2006.

Members of the media were unable to reach Johnny or Amanda Mays Huckaby in Topeka since the news of Melissa Huckaby’s arrest. Reports indicate the couple may have moved to Arkansas.

Their last known phone number in Topeka has been disconnected, and a new resident moved into their last known address in October.

The resident said Sunday that Shawnee County sheriff’s deputies were at his house looking for Johnny Huckaby on Saturday, the same day Melissa Huckaby was arrested. It wasn’t known whether the deputies’ search was related to the arrest, as phone calls to the sheriff’s office weren’t immediately returned.

Johnny and Amanda Mays Huckaby have several listings in district court records for debts unpaid to local medical care providers and a local bank.

Melissa Huckaby also had problems with debt in California, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, and had one arrest for petty theft. Relatives said the churchgoing mom hit “a rough patch” in her life and moved in with her grandparents in Tracy, a city of 78,000 people about 60 miles east of San Francisco.

--snipped--

OK,  I am confused.  I thought her fathers last name was Huckaby.  Did she then marry another Huckaby??

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1318 on: April 13, 2009, 11:07:25 AM »

I would love to hear what Melissa's ex-husband has to say about her.  I can understand her family being "shocked" that she would do this....i believe that is a part of unconditional love....however, I'm sure the ex would shed some light on the *real* Melissa.  IMO

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1319 on: April 13, 2009, 11:08:47 AM »

--snipped--

OK,  I am confused.  I thought her fathers last name was Huckaby.  Did she then marry another Huckaby??

Melissa's father is Brian Lawless.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.