May 01, 2024, 10:09:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 441604 times)
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1640 on: April 14, 2009, 11:21:39 AM »

What I am blathering about and what is bugging the heck out of me is this lethal injection aspect and this person already having attempted suicide.  It's too much like she gets her own way in the end!  And a psychologist said to be suicidal is not at all rare in sexual predators etc.

At least she will spend many miserable years in jail even before being executed if convicted.  But for it to be painless and something she had in mind with suicide makes it not seem bad enough punishment.  And yes, I am all about punishment and do believe it is a deterrent to others no matter what we are told to the contrary.

I want the level of suffering to be in proportion to that of the victim.

Then I think we would finally see a reduction in the number of these predators.

Personally I would like to see them do away with Death Row. Our prisons are overcrowded as it is.  I say stop wasting our tax dollars and put them all in a firing line and do away with them. Death Row won't deter them, it just guarantees them 3 meals a day and free room and board for the rest of their lives.
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1641 on: April 14, 2009, 11:31:45 AM »

On cbs13 news last night before I went to bed they again made a comment that MH & CS had dated.  This pretty much backs up what I had posted about what a Tracy person had said. They also showed Sinclair walking through the mhp. He does look like a real sleezeball!  I think we will be hearing more about him in the news either in this case or in another.

What a person looks like has nothing to do with if they are a sex offender or a murder.

jmo
Scary but true! Last night I viewed mug shots someone posted here from offenders who comitted high profile crimes.... I couldn't always pick out the SO from the DUI cases, you really can't trust anybody!

I was basing this on what was reported about his alcoholic and abusive background and how he came across to me on camera.  Yes it's true that you can not tell what a person is like by how they look but considering my experience with what we have in my neighborhood I can usually tell if that person is a druggy or not and believe me we have a lot of them!
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1642 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:28 AM »

Oh and I also want to mention that most of these sex offenders are addicted to drugs.
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1643 on: April 14, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »

California's last execution was in December 2005, when 76-year-old Clarence Ray Allen was put to death.
San Quentin's death row, the nation's largest, houses 680 prisoners.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1644 on: April 14, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »

Oh and I also want to mention that most of these sex offenders are addicted to drugs.

actually thats not true. some do use drugs, prescription and other, but their pychopathology is what makes them sex offenders, not some 'oh im on drugs' excuse.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1645 on: April 14, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »

I agree that you can't tell a SO by looking especially ones who prey on children as they would need to appear more harmless, etc.

Sometimes we get a gut feeling a person is not right and possibly evil and while I do listen to that, their evil could be in an entirely different area, etc.

OTOH, have known some rough looking characters who never harmed so much as a fly in their entire lives.

Can't trust anybody with your child these days...IMO.  And now not even the Sunday School teacher a few doors away?  It's just too much for me to wrap my mind around yet.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1646 on: April 14, 2009, 11:47:10 AM »

My children are all young adults now but when they were young I told them if they ever needed help in public area, got lost from parents, etc. to go to a nice looking, kind looking FEMALE and NEVER a male.

How times have changed!  I guess now I would tell them to just start screaming at the top of their lungs so I could hear them like baby wolves do.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1647 on: April 14, 2009, 12:11:59 PM »

My children are all young adults now but when they were young I told them if they ever needed help in public area, got lost from parents, etc. to go to a nice looking, kind looking FEMALE and NEVER a male.

How times have changed!  I guess now I would tell them to just start screaming at the top of their lungs so I could hear them like baby wolves do.
Sadly this is the advice I have given my 5 yo son. If a stranger attempts to approach him he is to start screaming and kicking, better me be embarrassed then my son be taken. Granted, I am over protective and try very hard to never let the poor kid out of my site however, things happen, people get separated especially when one of them is a very inquisitive 5 yo boy. And should that ever happen (us get separated), scream.
When my 15 yo daughter was small I told her find a woman with a child, tell her you are lost and she will help you. I would no sooner give my young ones that advice now then I would find any ole stranger and hope for the best.
Just start screaming, I will find you.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1648 on: April 14, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »

Anyone know what time MH is to be arraigned?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1649 on: April 14, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »

I thought around 1:30 Calif time? I am watching HLN now and nothing yet about arraignment...

Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1650 on: April 14, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »

actually thats not true. some do use drugs, prescription and other, but their pychopathology is what makes them sex offenders, not some 'oh im on drugs' excuse.

I am not saying that all SO's are on drugs but there are a lot of drug offenders that also commit sexual offenses. We have a lot of meth heads/tweakers in our neighborhood. Some years back my neighbor's 4 yr old niece was sexually molested by one of these tweakers that live directly behind her. She hasn't seen the guy around since but the rest of the tweaker family...and I say this because that is exactly what they are still live there.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1651 on: April 14, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »

What I am blathering about and what is bugging the heck out of me is this lethal injection aspect and this person already having attempted suicide.  It's too much like she gets her own way in the end!  And a psychologist said to be suicidal is not at all rare in sexual predators etc.

At least she will spend many miserable years in jail even before being executed if convicted.  But for it to be painless and something she had in mind with suicide makes it not seem bad enough punishment.  And yes, I am all about punishment and do believe it is a deterrent to others no matter what we are told to the contrary.

The thing here in CA, the convicted person sitting on death row will be dead before they get around to executing the person. I'm not against the death penalty, but in this state it would probably be better for life in prison w/o paraole, and throw the person into gen pop.
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1652 on: April 14, 2009, 12:23:41 PM »

The thing here in CA, the convicted person sitting on death row will be dead before they get around to executing the person. I'm not against the death penalty, but in this state it would probably be better for life in prison w/o paraole, and throw the person into gen pop.
Especially someone like MH. I dont think she would have a very good time of it in General pop being accused of and by then convicted of murder and sexual assault on an 8 year old.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1653 on: April 14, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »

I thought around 1:30 Calif time? I am watching HLN now and nothing yet about arraignment...

Cookie if you are on the East Coast that would be 4:30 your time. Just an FYI

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1654 on: April 14, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

Right now it's only 9:26 am here in calif
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1655 on: April 14, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »

yeah, it sounds like Scott Peterson has a pretty cushy life on death row...he listens to his radio all day, watches tv and answers all of his fan mail from desperado females who also fill his account with money so he can buy good deodorant and toothpastes and extras that other inmates can't buy...why do inmates get to have extras anyways? they shouldn't have anything to look forward to....besides, if they get money thrown their way, it should go to the state who provides their meals and care while they are laying around on their bums...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1656 on: April 14, 2009, 12:30:10 PM »

I am in Illinois....Central time...oops...I guess that I messed up...I was thinking the opposite way.... so I should tune in around 3:30 my time then...blonde moment....thanks all

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1657 on: April 14, 2009, 12:30:31 PM »

Late Monday, police also confirmed that Huckaby had gone on a date with a man who also lives at the mobile home park. Police have searched that man's home and towed three vehicles linked to him.
However, Tracy police investigators have said they are not expecting to arrest anyone else ????????????????????????????? in the killing of Sandra Cantu.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/19172723/detail.html#-

This type of crime is more associated to a male then a female by statistics.. Of course anything is possible.
jmho

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1658 on: April 14, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »

I have 6 kids and 2 grand children.. My last children at home are 11 and 13 and we have our eye on them 24-7 ..This is the way it is today and it is not the way I grew up or the way I raised my now 34 and 31 year olds.. We could and did let them out of our sight..

We are in a different time and I would not advise anyone to have children in this day as you as the adult really do take on more worry and concern for obvious reasons..
jmho
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1659 on: April 14, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »

I am not saying that all SO's are on drugs but there are a lot of drug offenders that also commit sexual offenses. We have a lot of meth heads/tweakers in our neighborhood. Some years back my neighbor's 4 yr old niece was sexually molested by one of these tweakers that live directly behind her. She hasn't seen the guy around since but the rest of the tweaker family...and I say this because that is exactly what they are still live there.

yes, meth affects your brain chemistry. however to commit sexual offenses against children you need to examine more than drug use, as all too often drug use is actually a symptom of larger issues rather than a cause.

the sad and scary fact is that pedophiles are not curable, you can get people off drugs but noone has ever been able to eliminate their desire to molest children.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.