May 01, 2024, 05:09:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 313066 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: September 09, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »

You're welcome, flutter1
I just remembered about the new owners of Drew's house.  He did sell the house!  It was mentioned at a pretrial hearing--

After prosecutors offered to reinstall the tub in Savio’s former house, Burmila balked, saying he wouldn’t impose on the current owners, who have no involvement in the case.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/13545767-418/judge-rejects-last-ditch-effort-by-drew-peterson-attorneys-to-block-hearsay-statements.html
Judge won’t let jury see Drew Peterson ‘murder weapon’: Dead wife’s bathtub
July 3, 2012 12:06PM
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: September 09, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »

Thank you Graceland.  I so appreciate the information you provide here and in other threads.

Finally, justice for Kathleen Savio.    ::justice2NJ::  May she rest in peace.

Hope Stacey will be found and receive justice also.

an angelic monkey ::justice2NJ:: an angelic monkey

You're welcome, can!  State attorney Glasgow is working for justice for Stacey.  She is not forgotten!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #862 on: September 09, 2012, 09:34:01 PM »

Thank you Graceland.  I so appreciate the information you provide here and in other threads.

Finally, justice for Kathleen Savio.    ::justice2NJ::  May she rest in peace.

Hope Stacey will be found and receive justice also.

an angelic monkey ::justice2NJ:: an angelic monkey

You're welcome, can!  State attorney Glasgow is working for justice for Stacey.  She is not forgotten!

an angelic monkey
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #863 on: September 10, 2012, 01:09:27 PM »

You're welcome, flutter1
I just remembered about the new owners of Drew's house.  He did sell the house!  It was mentioned at a pretrial hearing--

After prosecutors offered to reinstall the tub in Savio’s former house, Burmila balked, saying he wouldn’t impose on the current owners, who have no involvement in the case.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/13545767-418/judge-rejects-last-ditch-effort-by-drew-peterson-attorneys-to-block-hearsay-statements.html

If I were the new owners, I wouldn't want that bathtub in my house.  Just eerie!  I wonder if in Illinois they have to disclose that a person died in a house to any prospective buyers?  It is a law in Texas, but not sure about anywhere else.  Thanks for the info!

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: September 10, 2012, 01:51:40 PM »

I think that the new owners were told before they bought the house, and the bathtub was removed--evidence in the case.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: September 10, 2012, 03:53:28 PM »

You're welcome, flutter1

If I were the new owners, I wouldn't want that bathtub in my house.  Just eerie!  I wonder if in Illinois they have to disclose that a person died in a house to any prospective buyers?  It is a law in Texas, but not sure about anywhere else.  Thanks for the info!

In the State of Texas, you don't necessarily have to disclose that a person died in a house to prospective buyers.  It depends on the circumstances.  I would get an attorney's advice before proceeding in any state, and I  personally would also disclose. Maybe when I have time I can look up the real estate disclosure laws for the state Kathleen Savio died in.  Kathleen Savio's death wasn't reported as a murder when she died, so maybe that wouldn't apply at the time of the house sale.  But now, with her death ruled as a suicide, I wonder if the owners that bought the home would have to report it if they resell?     But here's a link in regard to real estate disclosure in State of Texas:

http://law.onecle.com/texas/property/5.008.00.html

::snipping2::
Date                        Signature of Purchaser                           
   (c)  A seller or seller's agent shall have no duty to make a
disclosure or release information related to whether a death by
natural causes, suicide, or accident unrelated to the condition of
the property occurred on the property or whether a previous
occupant had, may have had, has, or may have AIDS, HIV related
illnesses, or HIV infection.
   (d)  The notice shall be completed to the best of seller's
belief and knowledge as of the date the notice is completed and
signed by the seller.  If the information required by the notice is
unknown to the seller, the seller shall indicate that fact on the
notice, and by that act is in compliance with this section.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #866 on: September 10, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »

You're welcome, flutter1

In the State of Texas, you don't necessarily have to disclose that a person died in a house to prospective buyers.  It depends on the circumstances.  I would get an attorney's advice before proceeding in any state, and I  personally would also disclose. Maybe when I have time I can look up the real estate disclosure laws for the state Kathleen Savio died in.  Kathleen Savio's death wasn't reported as a murder when she died, so maybe that wouldn't apply at the time of the house sale.  But now, with her death ruled as a suicide, I wonder if the owners that bought the home would have to report it if they resell?     But here's a link in regard to real estate disclosure in State of Texas:

http://law.onecle.com/texas/property/5.008.00.html

Date                        Signature of Purchaser                           
   (c)  A seller or seller's agent shall have no duty to make a
disclosure or release information related to whether a death by
natural causes, suicide, or accident unrelated to the condition of
the property occurred on the property or whether a previous
occupant had, may have had, has, or may have AIDS, HIV related
illnesses, or HIV infection.
   (d)  The notice shall be completed to the best of seller's
belief and knowledge as of the date the notice is completed and
signed by the seller.  If the information required by the notice is
unknown to the seller, the seller shall indicate that fact on the
notice, and by that act is in compliance with this section.

Thanks for the correction, MB.  My information came from the buyer of our house almost ten years ago.  They bought their previous house from the estate of someone who had died ( I can't remember the circumstances but it was not natural death) while in the house and, ironically, one of their friends committed suicide in the barn of the house they bought from us.  I think they are snake bit!   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: September 11, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-fires-lawyer-who-opposed-savio-divorce-lawyer-as-witness-20120911,0,5205957.story

Drew Peterson fires lawyer who opposed Savio divorce lawyer as witness
5:10 p.m. CDT, September 11, 2012

Drew Peterson has fired the attorney who loudly warned against calling Kathleen Savio’s divorce lawyer as a defense witness – a move which Peterson’s lead counsel insisted upon and many considered a devastating miscalculation.

Peterson notified attorney Steve Greenberg of his decision Tuesday, just days after jurors said divorce lawyer Harry Smith’s testimony tipped the scales in the prosecution's favor and led to the retired Bolingbrook police sergeant’s conviction.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: September 11, 2012, 07:21:37 PM »

Drew Peterson 'Dream Team' Nightmare Continues With Split

Prison bound Drew Peterson fired arguably the most effective attorney on his defense team.

By Joseph Hosey
    Email the author
    5:50 pm
September 11, 2012

Less than a week after going down for murder in the most sensational criminal case in the state's history, Drew Peterson axed one of the top attorneys on his legal team.

"Apparently I've been fired," said defense attorney Steve Greenberg.

"I've been discharged," Greenberg said. "I've been terminated."

Greenberg said he got a signed notice from Peterson Tuesday. He also said he received a letter from lead attorney Joel Brodsky warning him not to publicly comment about the case.

"I'm not going to comment on incompetence," Greenberg said. ::snipping2::

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/articles/drew-peterson-dream-team-nightmare-continues-with-split

How can you fire an attorney who is working for free?  Or on the other hand, maybe Drew got what he paid for.   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #869 on: September 11, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »

lol...I'm so glad that DP is unhappy. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: September 12, 2012, 12:19:29 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-juror-0912-20120912,0,5005975.story

Drew Peterson juror describes her new normal
September 12, 2012

In the most extensive interview of any juror since the guilty verdict, Bond weighed in on the trial's strange twists, flamboyant cast of characters, the panel's deliberations and her attempt to regain normalcy in her life. The secretary acknowledged during a three-hour interview that she at times had to stop her own dislike for Peterson from clouding her objectivity.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: September 12, 2012, 08:29:51 PM »

http://joliet.patch.com/articles/embattled-drew-peterson-lawyer-joel-brodsky-takes-to-facebook

Embattled Drew Peterson Lawyer Joel Brodsky Takes to Facebook
7:19 am  (September 12, 2012)

Already in the hot seat for his part in blowing the Drew Peterson murder case, lawyer Joel Brodsky lashed out at recently fired co-counsel Steve Greenberg on Facebook.

In a post entitled "REGARDING STEVE GREENBERGS (sic) TERMINATION AS ONE OF THE ATTORNEYS FOR DREW PETERSON," Brodsky launches a 404-word rant in which he effectively blames Greenberg for nearly everything that went wrong in the failed defense of convicted wife-killer Drew Peterson.

In the event Brodsky has second thoughts about the post, or how truthful parts of it may or may not be, here it is in its entirety:
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: September 12, 2012, 08:37:36 PM »

Hmmm...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/12/peterson-defense-team-fires-attorney-over-performance-at-trial/

Peterson Attorney Furious After Being Fired
September 12, 2012 6:07 AM
UPDATED 09/12/12 10:44 a.m.

Greenberg says it was Brodsky who was guilty of poor legal work.

“I spent much of the time trying to keep him from reading blogs and Twitter, and to pay attention,” he said.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #873 on: September 13, 2012, 01:20:25 PM »

Hmmm...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/12/peterson-defense-team-fires-attorney-over-performance-at-trial/

“I spent much of the time trying to keep him from reading blogs and Twitter, and to pay attention,” he said.

Greenberg was reportedly heard warning the defense against calling Smith to the stand.

But Greenberg says Brodsky was warned by Judge Edward Burmila not to call Smith.

“The judge questioned Brodsky on things and told him, ‘Don’t call Harry Smith,’” he said. “His courtroom persona was laughable.”

If anyone was incompetent on DP's defense, it was definitely Joel Brodsky.  He and Drew are both schmucks.  And to try to justify his reasoning on Facebook is unprofessional.  Oh that's right -- look in the dictionary and right next to the word "unprofessional" is Brodsky's face.   

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #874 on: September 13, 2012, 01:32:30 PM »

Hmmm...

TOO  Bad So Sad  Monkey Devil!

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: September 13, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/articles/lifetime-to-re-air-drew-peterson-untouchable-sunday

Lifetime to Re-Air 'Drew Peterson: Untouchable' Sunday
5:40 am (September 13, 2012)

Lifetime has planned another airing of Lifetime's original movie, "Drew Peterson: Untouchable." Lifetime will air the movie on Sunday, Sept. 16 at 6 p.m. CDST, about one week after Peterson was convicted of murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #876 on: September 13, 2012, 11:02:50 PM »

IMO, Brodsky and Jose have a lot in common.  They took these cases for the free advertising and time in front of a camera.  Jose just lucked out with a jury full of bags of water.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #877 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:26 AM »

Want some cheese with that whine, Drew?  Where is your sympathy for your daughter whose mother didn't get to see her first day in kindergarten?  Where is your sympathy for Stephen's child/children who never got to meet their grandmother, Kathleen Savio. 

It is all about you Drew -- and you brought this on your family by your massive ego and belief that the rules didn't apply to you.  Your son learned at your knee that the important thing was not following the law, but not getting caught.  Cry me a river, Drew Peterson, nobody care about your problems but you.  Tell the truth, for once in your life, where is Stacy?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: September 14, 2012, 12:46:37 PM »

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-muckrakers/2012/09/signed-into-law-drew-peterson-bill-ptsd-training-more-financial-transparency-for-illinois/

Signed into law: Drew Peterson bill, PTSD training, more financial transparency for Illinois
today at 7:15 am (September 14, 2012)

Domestic violence priors to be admitted in murder cases – HB 5264 – The recently concluded Drew Peterson trial used a history of domestic violence as evidence, a piece of information that may have played a key role in his conviction for murder. Now HB 5264 would mandate that the information used in Peterson’s trial – evidence of prior domestic violence – would be admissible in all first- or second-degree murder cases that involve domestic violence. The law would standardize how evidence of domestic violence abuse is dealt with in murder cases.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: September 15, 2012, 11:46:44 PM »

IIRC, Dana spoke about her recently on his radio program--a dedicated and courage advocate for domestic violence victims.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-stacy-peterson-pastor-fights-domestic-viole-20120915,0,7898432,full.story

An advocate born from tragedy
September 15, 2012

In the first year after Stacy vanished, Schori tried to make sense of the tragedy and his role in it. He considered that coffee shop conversation a definitive moment in his life, but he hadn't figured out its meaning until he received a Facebook message from Susan Murphy-Milano, a nationally renowned advocate for domestic violence victims.

Murphy-Milano asked whether Schori would enlist in her cause. He agreed, and she soon flew to Illinois to meet with him.

Reached last week at her home in South Carolina, where she is battling stage 4 cervical cancer, Murphy-Milano recalled walking into his nondenominational church in 2008 and immediately chastising Schori for not getting Stacy to document her accusation. She expected the pastor to recoil at her criticism and become defensive. Instead, he asked her to continue.

"He said, 'I didn't know any better. Teach me, show me,'" she said. "I knew at that moment that he wanted to make a real difference."

Murphy-Milano told Schori that the public debate over the use of hearsay in the Savio death investigation — that coffeehouse conversation, in particular — had prompted her to come up with an alternative. If they worked together, she said, they could forge a new path so women killed by abusive family members would have their voices heard in court without worrying about hearsay squabbles.

She called the initiative the Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit, and it would allow women to document their mistreatment, including any orders of protection and detailed descriptions of violent episodes. It would be signed by two witnesses and notarized. She wanted the document to be in every courthouse nationwide.
Yet he keeps trying to convert his fellow clergymen. He said he owes that much to Stacy's memory.

"Her pain will have a purpose in the lives of so many women," Schori said. "We're going to make sure of that."

He may have to go it alone. Murphy-Milano's health has declined rapidly in recent months, and she's not sure she'll live out the year. One of the most-quoted voices on domestic violence, she has prepared him to replace her on the national stage.

"I basically have passed the baton to him," she said. "I trust him with it because it's Stacy legacy that he's carrying — and he knows it."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.